Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape neurotic Iraqi wife: The Window of Iraqi Talent....

neurotic Iraqi wife

April 29, 2006

The Window of Iraqi Talent....

I was in dire need of chocolate...I mean all i could think of the whole day is one of those yummy cadbury milk chocolate fruit and raisin bars...I am already salvating....In order to get decent chocolate here you have to go to the PX. And umm going to the PX, you need a car....Needing a car you have to go to sector managers and ask them if the cars are free...They give you a blank look and say we dont know...check out the sign out sheet...ok fine...I check out the sign out sheet and almost everyday for the coming days all the cars are booked...one of them is booked the whole week by WOB...Yup she is back....She never left in the first place...but I just had other stuff to write about I guess.....So anyways...my pride doesnt really allow me to ask her if i can use the car...so I forget about the car, the PX and subsequently the chocolate...And besides I wouldnt find Cadbury's at the PX.....sigh....

After convincing myself that its time to forget about chocolate and move onto other stuff...I have already gone through a bag of skittles, a bag of starbust sweets and a few lollies (short for lollipops)....all of which where bought like a month ago....but atleast it satisfied my sweet tooth cravings....So I sit there staring at the two monitors I have...yup I have not one but two, side by side....I acquired the second one from the leftovers of LTC Perfect...Infact I grabbed it before anyone changed their mind and wanted it...It kinda gives you that intelligent, hardworking look..two screens, 2 spreadsheets filled with utter non sense...but hey I aint complaining....Oh and ofcourse I use it as a cover up to read emails and news...The emails I minimise so much that I can barely see the words, and same with news...Usually after completing all my tasks, I surf the net and check out whats happenin around me...A few days ago I received an email to check this Lebanese site..Its actually a tv station in Lebanon running a reality tv show...Yup the Arab world has also been hit by the reality fever ...From star academy (Pop Idol), to survivor, to who wants to be a millionaire, to etc etc etc....

I guess its a way of entertainment, away from all the violence, all the bad news surrounding us..and people do enjoy it...Although Fatwa's were issued regarding these shows telling people how corrupt and that its against our beliefs and religeon....Um in anycase, so I check out the site and its a reality TV show called missionfashion....Where a group of designers and models join the house for I dont know how many weeks, and it follows the usual rules of being nominated each week and the one with greater votes gets to stay....I was told by my friend that a young aspiring Iraqi fashion designer is on that show...hence my interest...What an amazing thing to have with all this violence, all this upheaval, some hope, hope that youngsters like her can have and aim high and get somewhere in this world....Although from what I know she has lived all her life outside, but she has strong roots here....

This is what I like to see....this is exactly what I want to see for the future of Iraq...Aspiring youngsters who want to do something with their lives..build themselves and have a career. Fashion Designer Iraq, was nominated to leave the house along with Fashion Designer Kuwait..One of them had to get the most votes inorder to be able to continue with the competition...Iraqi vs Kuwaiti...Wow what a combination....I was sure that the Kuwaiti guy would get to stay, not for his talents cuz I believe from what I have seen, he has no taste in clothes but from the amount of supporters he may have from the Gulf countries...I was praying for FD Iraq to win....Really praying...And....SHE DID....she got 80,000 votes vs 13,000 votes...I mean wowwwwwww...what a relief..what an utter relief....FD Iraq is gonna shine and show the world that Iraqis are talented...The visions you see on TV, paint a really wrong picture of Iraqis...This is some of her work while she was at college














We are known to have the most talented engineers in the region...The most talented scientists, the most intelligent Doctors...Hell we even were the first to know mathematics...We ARE the mother of all civilizations...And we will stay this way...I get insulted when someone stops me and asks where Im from and when I tell them Iraq, they would have their mouth drop and say but you speak perfect english...Umm yeah, why??? Do you have a problem with that???I mean why do people think we are illiterate or stupid???or incapable???

Iraqis are strong willed people...if they put their minds on something they will exel in it...But umm we do have exceptions...And I aint gonna talk about that now cuz Im blocking all the bad news for the time being....So you see...This FD Iraqi is the perfect example for all those young Iraqis who are watching....I really hope she gets to win the competition and live her dream in becoming a worldwide international Designer....Inshallah (God Willing)....She will be joining a long list of talented Iraqis all over the world....Take for example Zaha Hadid or the long list of Iraqi artists and many many more that have beautiful minds and magical hands....

This is just a small peek, a small peek through the window, The Window of Iraqi Talent....
posted by neurotic_wife at 8:32 PM

2 Comments:

Gee, I just checked your site today after being a long time reader and was surprised to see that you have been blogging a lot lately and secondly, that you are leaving Iraq. Do you intend on stopping this blog at the end of May? I hope not! I have enjoyed following your story and growth. I read lots of Iraq blogs that are heavy on the politics and violence. I hope you keep up the blog even when you leave.

April 30, 2006 at 11:17 AM  

Hey Sally

Yup I have been blogging away, only because i have gotten myself a laptop recently, used to use HUBBY's but turned out to be inconvenient...I dunno about stopping the blog...I enjoy blogging cuz its a venting out place for me..so no i wont..will continue until I feel theres nothing to vent on no more...but knowing me...umm i doubt that will ever happen....

And thanx alot for your kind words...I hope I aint broing anyone with my stupid ramblings... :-)

April 30, 2006 at 8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home