Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape neurotic Iraqi wife: Red the Colour of Blood.....

neurotic Iraqi wife

April 21, 2006

Red the Colour of Blood.....

They are still fighting on who becomes PM of Iraq.....I cannot fathom, that after over 4 months, we still do not have a government!!! I cannot fathom, how these useless so called politicians cannot sit on a darn table and make a decision....Do they care about their people one bit??? Do they??? Its that darn chair again...Al Jaafari stepped down but do you think any of those nominated are better??? I didnt think he did a good job but will the others be able to stop the uncontrollable killings???

We need someone with an iron fist...Someone who would put their foot down and save the Iraqis.....shoulda happened the minute Saddam was toppled....but whats the point of shoulda, coulda, woulda...the damage has been done....Gangs upon gangs are operating right now in Iraq...its a country of mobs...you dont know who is who anymore.....Mahdi militia, badr army, al qaeda, saddam loyalists, so called neighbouring arabs...oh and ofcourse those who kill just for the money....

Im so sick and tired of this...literally sick and tired....I ask myself when will things get better...when will Iraq be normal again??? Is there such hope....Can you tell me what hope looks like cuz I think Ive forgotten....And btw, thats just me talkin, someone who lives within the green zone...someone who has the luxury of 24 electricity, clean water, a somehow safe environment...This is me talkin like that, what about those who are living the reality of all this....Im not living in Iraq...I see the beautiful blue sky, I breathe the same air, Im surrounded by the Date trees, but thats as far as I get to be in Iraq....

That guy at work, the one who was sarcastic really upset me, but do I blame him for feeling this way...No way, I cant....He is right...I wander if I havent left Iraq when I was 5 how would things be...Would I still be the me that I am today....would I still be alive....I wander....Questions, questions, questions but no answers....

I just came back from the only decent restaurant in the GZ...HUBBY looked at me while waiting for our food, and said wow this seems almost like normal..dont you think??? Umm yeah it does...People having dinner in the garden...cats roaming about, mosquitos flying by....aroma of grilled food filling the nostrils...no helicopters hovering over us....no mortar sounds....Slight music coming from inside the place....the smell of the hubbly bubbly filling the air....yeah HUBBY, you know what, it does feel somehow normal....but I wander whats happening outside...Outside in the place that has been dubbed as the Red Zone.....The Red Zone that truely has become Red....Red the Colour of Blood...
posted by neurotic_wife at 8:33 PM

4 Comments:

NHW,

I have hope and maybe the green zone is a start! Section by section until all is dissected like a lab animal.

April 23, 2006 at 4:30 AM  

Hello NIW,

I am living in the Re zone but let me tell you " Don't panic"

Thanks

April 23, 2006 at 10:27 AM  

BTW: I FORGOT TO TELL YOU THAT I REALLY ENJOY READING YOUR BLOG, AND GOD BLESS YA!

YOUR IRAQI FRIEND ;)

April 23, 2006 at 10:29 AM  

dcat...hmm,you have to be here to know what I mean...The green zone was previously Saddam and his clowns area...No one was allowed near it...Now it has become yet another no go area...but for us who stay there its a luxury....electricity, water, cleanliness in a way not really but cleaner than the red zone....Red zone is pretty bad state...drainage system is bad...sewer system is awful...electricity worse than before...rubbish everywhere...i wish bloggers who live there can take pics and show you....maybe anon can do that...or anyone else...

As for anon, you say dont panic, and i hear stories of friends that live there who say its a mayhem outside...i spoke to my cousin and he said its been pretty bad last week where he lives...someone from work told me he saw corpses right infront of him...Hubby yesterday was out for a meeting and a few blocks away the blast of the car happened the one next to ministry of health...so i dunno how u say dont panic..things are bad...aint rosy...

April 25, 2006 at 8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home