Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape neurotic Iraqi wife: The Final Countdown

neurotic Iraqi wife

April 25, 2006

The Final Countdown

My resignation is in...thats it...We are leaving end of May....Isnt it funny how just a few days ago I was saying we havent decided yet...well they have done the thinking for us...HUBBY and I werent talking to each other for a few days now hence the vast amount of blogging i was able to do...actually it was him who stopped talking to me for a very stupid reason...needless to say I had no idea what was going on until a colleague of mine asked me why was my husband cranky...I gave her a blank look and said I have no clue...She said is it true he was leaving??? I said leaving??where???I guess she realised that she probably said something she shouldnt and said umm oh i dunno...i guess things got twisted and they just meant you guys were going on R&R...hmm, my heart sank but I didnt wanna show her that we aint talkin to each other.....

I couldnt wait for long until I approached him...I asked if he was gonna stay not talkin to me for long...he said now is not the time....I said look, you better talk to me cuz I hate it when you do this...you are 45 yrs old...its childish for you to act this way...so he immediately said, they laid me off..Im leaving end of May...OMG I thought to myself...the B******....how could they do that to him....but again i pretended that its ok, that things will be better...that its about time we left....and that eventually they will know what they have lost...

He went on by saying...you dont have to leave..I will look for something else here...Huh HUBBY over my dead body...literally...I mean if we leave this place then we leave this country full stop...there is no half way....so I went ahead and submitted a resignation via email...I do have mixed feelings...but at the end of the day, thats what we wanted....to leave....And I hope the organization will realise that they have made big mistakes by taking out Iraqi Expats...We were around 12, now we are 7, and end of May they will have 2..Only 2 cuz the rest are leaving as well...We were supposed to be the bridge...the bridge between the Iraqi ministries and the organisation....but this bridge was smashed to pieces...And I have no regrets...HUBBY is upset out of principle....but theres a verse in the Quran "Wa Asa an takrahu shay'un wahuwa khayrun lakom" Which simply means, you may hate something that is best for you....

We will have to start clearing stuff away...giving clothes out...but mind you I will never depart with my shoes...I havent counted how many pairs of sneakers I have...all the colours you can ask for....these will definitely come with me...some I bought in Hongkong...fake Puma's, i have orange, pink and lime green...I also own a few pairs of converse...not one will be given away...they are my treasure....

So now the real test will begin....the test of marriage...we had no responsibilities, no house to take care of...no chores to do...no food to be cooked...everything was there set for us...So umm, I will have to brush on all that again...maybe buy a few cook books...and start my trials once we settle down..Until now we have no idea what so ever what we will be doing...plan is we go to where my parents are...look for an appartment and ofcourse jobs...Then I iwll have to start worrying about a family...I keep askin myself, I have been with HUBBY almost one year now, living together..how come we never got pregnant??? Mabye theres something wrong with me...or with him...So after settling I guess we will have to investigate into that....And no, we never used protection, I hate that kinda stuff...nor pills either....tried them once and they had a bad effect on me...so I stopped...

Many things to think about ha...wont be easy but hey nothing is easy in life...So this is it...I will keep on blogging until we leave...and now I will start taking pics....tomorrow is our second year anniversary and Wow what 2 yrs they have been...I tell you...marriage is really hard work....its not a bad thing but umm...needs loads of patience and comprimising...I can do the latter at times but Patience...God I cant even stand that word..not me at all...I have a short fuse...nothing im proud of...but im working on it...especially when HUBBY is the total opposite...infact we ARE total opposites in everything...

He likes: vanilla ice cream...I hate vanilla, I love choc ice cream
He likes: shade, I worship the sun
He likes: Pool and an umbrella, I hate pool, I love beach, sand and sun
He hates reading books: I live on books.....
He throws everything on the floor...umm I throw everything on the chair....
He loves ice cold drinks...I love warm drinks...
He sleeps early...Im a night person...
He watches star trek every night....I love to watch a movie every now and then...
He loves the AC to be extremely cold....naturally I freeze to death...
He hates salads and fruits...I can live on salads if I want to
I love walking..He is a lazy bum...
He hates appartments in high rises, I love high rises
He loves SUVs, I love tiny cars...
If you tell HUBBY something, and you dont want anyone to know, you have to make sure to repeat "do not tell anyone, do not tell anyone, do not tell anyone" maybe 10 times for him not to open his big mouth...Tell me something once...and it stays there like a well ....never leaves my lips...

Hmm, I can go on and on and on..One thing we totally agree on though and that is SMOKING...yeah I know...bad habbit, will kill us and poison our lungs...but its somehing we both do..so I can live with all the above....So umm you see, its gonna be one helluva tough adjusting to do...but we will get there...hopefully....

This neurotic wife I think will be more neurotic than ever in the next few coming months...uhoh...Poor HUBBY....Oh well...Time will only tell...any tips or advice are certainly welcome....I got a few from my family, not that i acted upon them....maybe i should start taking yoga classes....hmm now thats a thought...

I will save my goodbyes till later..for now..this is it...the countdown has begun...The Final Countdown...
posted by neurotic_wife at 7:23 PM

5 Comments:

So you and hubby are quite different in your likes and dislikes. That doesn't mean you can't have a good marriage. You just take all those things into account and work around them. Hopefully both of you work around them.

So don't tell him anything you don't want talked about.

Re the jobs. It's nasty when your expertise and best efforts are rejected.

Prayers and best wishes for your future.

April 26, 2006 at 2:59 AM  

... but Patience...God I cant even stand that word..not me at all...I have a short fuse...

We noticed this about you! :-)

I think being rejected as a male in one's work is one of the worst possible things outside of deaths/divorces.
I can't help but think it could be a blessing. Moving to a more normal life with less stress may be good for you in many ways.
Good luck to you both in all that you endeavor.

April 26, 2006 at 6:36 AM  

Jean, thanx alot for your prayers and advice, it really means alot to me knowing that people do care....

Anon, lol...yup a short fuse...dunno how i acquired that bad habbit...oh well..i think it adds abit of spice to the marriage dont u think???and yes I am glad we are leaving this place...glad cuz it means starting our own life...but sad cuz I will be leaving behind really good people...

April 27, 2006 at 8:48 PM  

If you like highrises then you might have enjoyed your last trip to the states and watching a football game :-)...

April 29, 2006 at 8:01 AM  

Anonnnnnnnn, OMG is that really you??? I cant blv it...lol...You actually read my stuff...ooops...better say good things from now on ;-)

April 29, 2006 at 8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home