Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape neurotic Iraqi wife: Iraq's Wa'ad....Iraq's Promise...

neurotic Iraqi wife

April 24, 2006

Iraq's Wa'ad....Iraq's Promise...

As I was walking back to my room, I saw this young girl sitting on the pavement...staring at the sky....the orange sky, for today we had a semi sandstorm....everything looked orange for awhile....I wandered what a young girl her age is doing sitting there in such bad weather.....I was intrigued and suddenly i find myself right next to her...its like something gravitated me towards her, just like a magnet.....she seemed so vulnerable...so alone....

I kneeled infront of her...took out a cigarette and lit it...while i puffed, i said "hey, hello there, whats your name??? she replied in such a lovely low voice "my name is wa'ad"...(Wa'ad means promise)...Wow nice name i said..what are you doing here in this weather....she didnt answer....i looked at her..she had the most beautiful deep green eyes....I started studying her face...a tiny aristocratic nose, full pink lips....short black hair swiped behind her ears...her arms so skinny...her legs i can see are long....

She began to cough ever so slightly...i immediately put my cig out...and said sorry Wa'ad...and repeated, why are you sitting here, where is your family???Do you live here??? She shrugged and said yeah i live around....wheres your family??? she looked at me with those eyes of hers and said I have none...hmm, i thought to myself...I couldnt leave her.....something about her, about her vulnerability...I said ok sweetie, what do u mean u dont have none?? where are they??

They left me a long time ago....but they promised me they promised me they will come back and get me....and I promised them, i promised them that I will be waiting..waiting for them....

Where did they go

I dont know....they disappeared one day and left me all alone...but they promised they will come back they will come back and get me and I believe them....i believe them cuz they promised...

Ok, what about brothers, sisters, relatives???where are they???

They abandoned me...We were one huge family...kids everywhere, playing and laughing...but that was a long long time ago...I had neighbours...many of them...they used to come and have tea with us in our beautiful garden...but they abandoned me too...

Why I asked

I dont know she said with tears starting to flow down her cheeks....I dont know why....after my family left me, I went and knocked on my neighbour's house...once they saw me...they shut the door on me..I dont know why...but i promised...i promised i will come back....

Wa'ad..you cant be alone...youre not making any sense....are you sick Wa'ad???

She looked angrily at me...with her tears still flowing...and her shoulders began to shudder...Im not sick....they promised me...they promised they will come and get me....and i believe them...everytime i try to get up something pulls me back....I cant walk....

Why cant you walk Wa'ad??? is your leg hurting you???did someone hurt you???are you in pain...

She said the pain is here...and she pointed at her heart...

I was astonished at such wisdom....such wisdom from such a young girl....I couldnt leave her...I just couldnt...

everyone I love abandons me...she looked right at me...i can feel her piercing eyes...their unbelievable power...

everyone i love abandons me...she repeated...but im here...here to stay cuz i promised...i promised that i will be waiting...waiting for them...waiting for them to get me...waiting for them to save me....my name is Wa'ad...and I did promise....and i will keep my part...they too promised and i believe them...

You will see she said...you will see, they will come and save me...for ive never hurt anyone...I opened my arms to everyone...i used to hug my mom and dad everyday...told them i loved them...but that was a long time ago....i used to take care of my brothers and sisters and see to their every need....but that was a long time ago...i used to serve tea to the neighbours and they would smile at me...but that was a long time ago.....All i gave was love....thats all i knew...i only knew how to love...yet they abandoned me...but they promised...they promised they will come back and get me...and i believe them....

And I promised that I will be here...i will always be here waiting, waiting for them...for im Wa'ad...I am Iraq's Wa'ad...Iraq's Wa'ad that will never give up...Iraq's Wa'ad that was abandoned by my family...my family that I loved....Iraq's Wa'ad that was abandoned by my brothers and sisters...my brothers and sisters that I cared for...Iraq's Wa'ad that was stabbed by my neighbours...my neighbours that stabbed me not once, not twice...but a million times....but i promised...i promised i will be back...for Im Wa'ad...Iraq's Wa'ad... Iraq's Promise....
posted by neurotic_wife at 7:29 PM

4 Comments:

hi i liked your story but i'm not quit sure of the hiden words you didn't say but i think i got the real meanings of it i hope, if we lost our wa'ad in past and present i wish we will got it back in future,

C-Sprite (ahmed)

April 26, 2006 at 1:35 AM  

Well ahmed, the hidden words...Hmm..lets see..the family here is actually the Iraqi people with all its sects, religeons and beliefs, the neighbours, are well the neighbours, being Jordan, Kuwait, Iran etc...the countries that always, always succeeded from our sufferings....

And i do hope that everyone will be unified if not now then in the future....Inshallah

April 27, 2006 at 8:44 PM  

You brought a tear to my eye!

April 28, 2006 at 4:25 PM  

This is the real Iraq, not the sanitized version of Iraq made by the highly make uped reporter who lives inside a luury hotel inside the green zone, or painted by Pentagon or White House officials. This is the Iraq that has been remade by greed and selfishness of humanity. Not only the greed of the USA for oil, but the greed of the insurgents for a country they have utter control over, the greed of the intolerant for what they see as a cleansed country and finally the greed of the international community for not standing up to the superpower of the USA and telling them to take proper care of Iraq and stop allowing it to go into turmoil.

April 30, 2006 at 8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home