Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape neurotic Iraqi wife: The Political Me

neurotic Iraqi wife

September 27, 2004

The Political Me

Four years ago, I joined one of the opposition groups(opposing Saddam's regime). I joined it because I believed with all my heart that Saddam must go, and that the Iraqi people had enough of his tyranny. I stayed working with that particular group almost 2 years, then I simply quit. I quit because I came to the conclusion that there's no point fighting for something that will never take place.

I know, I was naive then. I didnt think or believe that for one second Saddam will be gone. For me it was a dream that was proving to be quite difficult. During my time working for that group, I met many people, people who were tortured by the regime, people who had to run away in a dark night leaving everything they owned, everything they worked for all their lives because they knew that their time was coming....

One particular person I met was a man in his 40's but looked like someone in his 70's, why? The regime has cut his tongue, passed electric currents through his body and removed his toe nails one by one in agonising ways. Yes this is what Saddam's regime has done, and believe me this is nothing compared to the millions of others. Women were raped, abused and tortured infront of their families. I am sure you have read many accounts of this.

The reason why I am saying this, is that Saddam no doubt had TO GO. I cannot fathom for one second how Non Iraqi Arabs till this day keep chanting his name and call him "OUR LEADER" I cannot fathom for one second how people from certain parts of Iraq still hold his pictures up and start dancing!!!!Have you forgotten what he has done to you????Have you forgotten the fear he planted in your hearts????And its only now, only now your tongues are tasting the freedom to state whatever opinions you hold.

Have you forgotten????Have you forgotten how non of those neighbouring states came to your rescue when they knew what was happening in the prisons???Have you forgotten how these states stood and watched the atrocities but took no stance cuz they were living on your accounts???How the hell have you forgotten all this in such a short time????

I was against this war, simply like many others I feared that Saddam would blast his people with Chemicals. So yes I never supported the war, but it happened, and thats that. Having people till now argue about whether this war is justified or not is beyond me. THE DAMN THING TOOK PLACE, GET OVER IT!!!!

I was an avid speaker of politics, everyone who knows me, knows this about me. I was in the category of NO SADDAM and NO WAR. I was once asked by an American, why arent you(you being the Iraqis) grateful for what we have done for you. I answered him simply "I thank you for removing Saddam, but I will not keep thanking you for the rest of my life cuz innocent Iraqis did die in the name of this freedom" My name was already on the black list from entering Iraq during Saddam's time, almost all Iraqis outside suffered the same fate. Mine was due to my political stance. So really I aint frightened to state my opinion, nor do I care about the consequences.

When I used to say no to war, people called me a Baathist,lol, knowing extremely well, that I havent lived in my country since 1979(I was 5 then). When I said lets help the Americans and put our hands in their hands for them to build a new Iraq I was called an infidel.LOL. Really its a no win situation, and believe me I never gave a S*** what people said. Cuz I knew that Iraqis are full of complexities.

What we have now in Iraq is a situation that no one really envisaged. I hoped that if Americans had a plan to remove Saddam, then they certainly had a plan of the After math. But I was mistaken. They allowed Iraq to be the base for terrorism. Yes I blame the Americans for this. Why I blame them??Cuz they allowed it to happen. The Iraqi government has no control over whats going on...

Why the sudden outburst??Well, just 2 hours ago, I was watching a program on "Al Hurra" TV called "In Iraqi" and a man by the name of Sabah Al Qaisi, apparantely someone who is a member of an Islamic group in Iraq, stated that the killing of the National Iraqi force and anyone who is in anyway associated with the Americans is allowed!!!Can you believe the B******????This man is allowing the kidnappings, the slaughtering and the killings that is taking place in Iraq by stating that it is written in our Quran. The nerve of that man, the nerve of such people. The nerve of a man that allows the killings of innocent men who are trying to be the future of Iraq!!!!!

How dare he, how dare he taint our religeon in this manner and taint Iraqis with his filthy tongue...The other men in that particular program were, Mishaan al Jiboury, Bayan Jabr and Ahmed Al Jiboury. They all opposed what he said, they all lashed out at him, good for them. But that just proves to me, that this fight against those so called "Mujahideen" is far more complex than what people think. He said thats the only "right" way of fighting the occupation... What does he know of the right way???

The nerve of him suggesting that Arab armies should come and help instead of the multi national forces... He said that its the best solution. The other man, Bayan Jabr, answered him by saying "its those Arabs that you are talking about to come and help are the ones that are bombing the innocent Iraqis".... What a joke, he was also condemning the strikes on Fallouja, I think most of us do, but what would you do, if the father of a family comes along, brings those criminals to his house feeds them shelters them, among his own children, and then when the bombs get dropped everyone says "Hey look, its women and children that got killed". Who would you blame???Wouldnt you blame the assole who took those criminals in, and placing his own family in danger???

The government should take strong actions. There's no point in capturing the trouble makers and announcing it on TV but not do anything about it. Put their pictures on TV, all over the meida, encourage people to identify the gangs. Prosecute them, imprison them, teach them that what they are doing is a crime against humanity, against their own people. Talk to heads of state, order them to close the borders. Dont the neighbours claim they want to assist in any way, well this is their only chance to prove to Iraqis that they really are willing to help us in our quest for freedom and a life void of blood. This is your chance you Arab States, take it or leave it, and dont you dare interfere with our internal affairs. You and Iran, stay away. Your hero has gone to history's trash can, get over it.......Innocent Iraqis are dying everyday, not all Iraqis can afford body guards to protect them, let along food on their tables. Its only the hots shots who have their asses covered....

I have had it, I really have. People like that man make me sick and wanna puke...So yes this is the political me, and this is the only time Im gonna write my views. Politics is a dirty game, and I dont want my hands to get filthy.....

Umm Back to HUBBY, so HUBBY do you still believe that Iraq will flourish when we have Muqtada, Saddam's remininse and Non Iraqi Arabs fighting for one goal only, to destroy IRAQ??? Really you are my hero for believing in the cause, and I really pray that the day your dreams becomes one huge nightmare will never arrive....

Thats me, the Political Me.....
posted by neurotic_wife at 5:28 PM

7 Comments:

I was watching that same show with my mom we couldn't believe wat the guy was saying, its good the other guests spoke up against him. And as much as they tried to get Al-qaisi to say that its wrong to kill iraqi police and national guards he wouldn't. People like tat make u lose hope in any type of iraq

September 27, 2004 at 8:01 PM  

Stuff like that must just make you want to run out and strangle the guy. But there is I think a bright side to all this, hopefully many of the other viewers were also disgusted but such remarks.
Sometimes you say things among friends that you know well, just off the cuff, and you don't pay much attention to it, and then you hear someone like that say the same thing in public or on TV, and it hit you right in the face. This is wrong, and now that someone has put it right in my face I see why.
I guess that we will know how the majority of Iraq feel in the coming days. I think that most thinking people we see the stupidity of the man's statements, and he will lose face.

Madtom

September 27, 2004 at 10:32 PM  

PS,

I like the political you, please bring her out to play with us more often.

Madtom

September 27, 2004 at 10:34 PM  

Okay NIW, Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy Time:

DON'T PANIC!

Things will get better.

The crackdown on the ________ Triangle is coming.
The towns will be retaken and a good deal of the violence will stop.

Not all of the violence.

But enough so the country can function.

Freedom is expensive.

373,000 Americans died during the Civil War.

Over 400,000 Americans were killed during WWII.

Those are the deaths. Wounded were about 2X or 3X as much.

And WWII cost the US about 2 Trillion dollars (based on 1990s dollars).

Freedom is truly expensive.

So you've got to keep the faith.

Please don't turn into another Riverbend.

September 28, 2004 at 12:40 AM  

I really enjoy your blog. I hope you and your husband are reunited soon...you sound like you miss him so much!

September 28, 2004 at 7:18 AM  

CATCH-22.

Lady, I feel what you're saying here.
I am a muslim and I am a sunni but no way in hell would i condone what's happening in the sunni name or even consider people like Mr. Qaisi to be more than animals.
These people were (and still are) brain-washed, they think the best way to rebuild is to destroy, to maim, to KILL.
So what do I want? Free Saddam or Execute him?
EITHER WAY WE ARE STILL LOSING. EITHER WAY WE ARE STILL GETTING SHOT AT.
Saddam is long gone now, talking about him further or holding his pictures or chanting his name in the streets or wanting to try him then roast him on a slow fire will NOT change the fact that if we want to move forward, we have to STOP TURNING BACK, TV-sessions like that only help keep iraq in neutral gears.. round and round to the same point all over.
RELIGION?
What religion does he belong to anyway? (I'll probably get my a$$ shotoff after this, but what the hell, Its time to go anyway.)
Allah (Or God or Jehova or whatever name is used) did not give people the power to take LIVES..
Islam is the religion of mercy and peace, NOT Beheading and killing anyone who says something you dont like.
Whatever the sect we belong to (Lady NIW is Shi'a, I am Sunni, Mr. Qaisi is probably a Wahabi) We all worship the same God and follow the teaching of the same prophet.. Do you know that Wahabis consider killing Shi'as a duty while killing Sunni is favorable?
What kind of brainless animal would think this way?
I didnt use my name as usual cuz i dont have a death-wish, sorry but a live chicken is better than a dead lion..
i really enjoy your view on things, keep it going!

13

September 28, 2004 at 9:33 AM  

Dilnareen, I swear, if that guy was standing infront of me I would have killed him with my bare hands.

Madtom, I'd rather be the neurotic wife rather than the political one, since playing with HUBBY is far more fun ;-)

Mr Ghost, I may have lost almost all my hopes but I still am holding to a tiny piece and struggling.

Andrea, I cant wait to c HUBBY, I missed him too much its painful....

and 13, thanx for your support, you sound like a roasted chicken, just the way I like it,hehe

September 28, 2004 at 6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home