Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape neurotic Iraqi wife: DESTINY.......

neurotic Iraqi wife

September 17, 2004

DESTINY.......

Jeez, I never knew smiling was such a tiring exercise. My face muscles have been stretched to its utmost point. I have been smiling for 2 days, and I already see a difference. My face looks great, but I think its starting to twitch big time,hehe. So for now, Im just relaxing the muscles in preparation for the next session of pilates smiling.

I was going through some papers of mine this morning and I came upon my 2003 diary. I flicked through the pages and there it was the trip to the fortune teller. It was in January last year. When I was younger I was always interested in what the future was holding for me, and all those so called fortune tellers turned out crap. They always said the same BS, you are gonna meet the love of your life and gonna live happily ever after bla bla bla, hmmm, how very interesting. So I kinda gave up on the idea, until one day I was approached by my sister in law, and she said cmon lets go and try this one out. I wasnt very keen on the idea but I said to myself I wont lose anything, Im up for a laugh.

An hour and a half later, by car, we reached this shabby area, I swear it was just like the movies, where the place looked like an old half deserted block. Hmm, not such a great idea I was telling my sister in law, lets go back to the car, I dont wanna be kidnapped, but she pushed me in and we went up the crooked stairs. We knocked the door, and a young looking woman in her 40's opened it. A whif of rice and some sauce welcomed us as well. She looked quite harmless and ushered us in. She's persian and doesnt speak english nor arabic, hmmm big problemo, so she introduced us to an older woman who supposedly was the interpretor. But hey guess what???The interpretor doesnt speak english nor arabic, wowwww this is just great. But she managed to speak broken arabic, I said thats fine I can understand you, lets start please. I just wanted this to be over and done with....

We sat down and the fortuneteller through the interpretor asked us whether we want a coffee reading or just the palm, we told her both. So she took my palm in her hands, and started scrutinising it, I never knew my palm was so interesing. She started to speak and oh my god, I was just stunned, stunned to the degree of being speechless. Her words just hit me, she said things about my personality that no one, no one knew about except me. My heart started to beat so fast, shit she is good(I hope she wont mention any of my fantasies, I was praying to God). Then she said something which I always knew, something that made my eyes water. She told me that God is always watching over me and is always protecting me. That I was in real danger at some time during the past and God saved me, saved me from a tragedy. At that stage I became very emotional and I began to have goose bumps on my arms.

During the palm reading, I was given some turkish coffee to drink and afterwards she flipped the cup upside down on the plate. She reached for the cup and this time she started telling me about my future love life. Hmm, I wasnt really interested in that department since I had vowed to myself that marriage is a no go. I really wanted to concentrate on my career and I had no place for the lovey dovey stuff during that period of my life . So when she started to describe my future husband I interrupted her and told her my career please, career. She smiled and said yes after this, after this. So I had to listen to her talking about my future husband.

She said "you are gonna get married to a blonde",(eeeeewwwww, I never was attracted to blonde men, I always liked dark looks, just like the novels)," he has a moustache," (oh god noooooooooooo, no no no, I dont like moustaches they prick my face). I was making faces to her showing how dismayed I was, she continued ignoring my funny faces, "he will have gaps in his lower bottom teeth". Wowwww this is just great, a monster is gonna be my husband, aint I lucky, what else can I as for. And finally she said with a smile on her face, "he will have coloured eyes". YES YES YES, finally something I like, coloured eyes. Well thats not bad, a monster with coloured eyes, I can deal with that.

He lives in the States. He lives where? I asked. The States?hmm now thats interetsing cuz, I havent intended to travel to the States in the near future, nor do I know anyone who lives there. She even mentioned the first letter of his name(which I dont quite remember until today when my sister in law reminded me). She went on and said I will be living in the States, will have 2 kids, and my husband will love me more than I love him????Get real woman, If only she knew about me today and how my HUBBY loves me sooooo sooooo much that he left me to rebuild the country, what would she have to say about that?ha?.....Maybe I should get a refund...

So cutting the story short, she mentioned a few things about my career and mentioned some names in the process, but that is yet to happen. I wasnt really that excited about the marriage aspect, infact my sister in law was more excited than me, and asked her when?when is she gonna meet the guy? when is she gonna get married?hmm I looked puzzingly at my sis in law and asked her"HEy why are you so keen to get rid of me?" she smiled and said I want you to be happy. Happy?how will I be happy if I get married? why? to relieve my sexual frustration??hmm, it kinda makes sense now.hehe

3 months later I meet HUBBY, I swear to you, marriage was really not on my list, I was even planning an adoption plan, for I said to myself by the age of 30 since Im not gonna be married Im gonna adopt a young girl....HUBBY appears out of the blue. It was hilarious, he was blonde alright with a moustache and sea blue eyes, the most amazing colour I have ever seen, nicer than my dad's even(sry dad).

I had completely forgotten about the fortune teller until one day during the courting period, which I have to add was mostly done on the net and on the phone, it hit me and I ran and fetched my diary, and read through the notes. There it was the blonde hair, the moustache, the blue eyes but hey hold on a second, gaps in his teeth???hmm I tried to rack my brain whether I have noticed any gaps in his teeth but couldnt really remember so, ahem ahem, I asked him,lol. I said HUBBY can I see your teeth? do you have gaps in the lower half?He opened his mouth so wide, it scared me, and lo and behold the FAMOUS gaps smiled at me shyly and waved hello....

So for the first time ever a fortune teller turned out right alright, but in my religeon, there's a verse which says"Kathabal munajimoon walaw sadaqoo" which simply means even if fortune tellers are telling the truth, you should never believe them. I never believed her at the time, nor did I take her seriously, but she was right in many aspects and she did describe my lovely HUBBY to me, but I believe in God and in destiny. Destiny brought me and HUBBY together, destiny separated us for awhile and destiny will bring him back to me again. This is a poem I found on the net which says it all......

How Could I know
by Glenda McGarity

The first time I laid eyes on you,
How could I have ever knew
That you were an angel sent from above
A gift to my soul, for my heart to love

The one god picked "specialy" for me
by my side forever, us two to be
How could I know, when our love just begun,
That our hearts would melt, our souls become one

And how could I know, the first time we met,
Our lives were worked out, our paths were set.
By a little word, we call destiny,
Our bond to each other, always to be

Yes, the first time I laid eyes on you,
Long before we said I do.
How could I have ever knew
Our love for each other would see us through



posted by neurotic_wife at 6:39 PM

2 Comments:

I will fax you a picture of the palm of my hand. Can you please show it to the fortune teller and then tell me what she says.

September 18, 2004 at 1:56 AM  

Wow, what an amazing story.

September 18, 2004 at 7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home