Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape neurotic Iraqi wife: You Never Cease To "AMAZE" Me

neurotic Iraqi wife

September 14, 2004

You Never Cease To "AMAZE" Me

I was feeling quite down yesterday especially when I didnt get a phonecall from HUBBY during his lunch break. So my mind yet again drifted way way far and aggitated me. After some thought I took the liberty and called HUBBY and asked him angrily"how come you didnt call me?" He said sorry sweetie I was very busy. "Hmm were you too busy to even neglect calling me when you went to lunch?" He answered well I had a quick lunch and had to rush back to work....My mood just went to even a darker shade of blue.....So I told him very coldly, "fine HUBBY take care BYE "and hung up. A few hours later, he calls me and this time I was in an even worse mood, the conversation didnt take over a minute. HUBBY: Hi darling, whats wrong? ME: nothing's wrong. HUBBY: So what happened today? ME: should there something happen for me to feel down? HUBBY: Ok then I will call you later, love you darling. ME:Fine, bye.

I was ready to kill someone. I think HUBBY leaving me has impacted my life in a very negative manner. It has made me a nutcase, not that I wasnt before, but now instead of a tiny peanut I have become one bitter walnut......

Whenever HUBBY feels even one grain of an arguement coming along the way, he just runs away from it. He HATES arguing....So I lied down on my bed and began to do some serious conditional thinking like, if he loves me he will call me back tonight. If he cares he will try to make me feel better. I looked at the clock in my room, and started counting the minutes....Sad I know....

After a few hours, as I was just about to erase HUBBY from my memory, the phone rings, Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay its HUBBY. I didnt even bother to say hello, all I managed to say was "God you never cease to disappoint me" (I think from the over excitement of rediscovering that HUBBY does love me and does care made me jumble my thoughts,lol), he was silent, then he said disappoint you?or amaze you? and that was it for me, my mood made a high jump from the darkest of blues to the flashiest of pinks.....I laughed and said sorry, I meant you never cease to ammmmmaaaaaaaze me, your phonecall came at the right moment cuz you were about to go into my notorious "people who I cant stand" BOOK.

As with most of our phonecalls, the conversations tend to steer towards another category if you catch my drift. We tease each other like hell, and laugh at each other's suggestions. Its at these times that I feel close to HUBBY. The times when we laugh and he cracks up jokes, no matter how lame they are, I still love them. The times when Im feeling low and he would choose the right moment and utter the words I love you and miss you, which would just erase all fears and doubts in seconds.

There's an expression which I totally loathe "Out of sight, out of mind". For me thats never true but at certain times the little devil stands on one of my shoulders and whispers in my ears "Your HUBBY forgot you, you dont even exist in his life right now, thats why he left you, thats why he is happy where he's at" Urgggggggggg, and thats when I feel distant so distant from HUBBY. As much as I try to crush that devil the more he becomes stronger and louder in my ears. But then the cutest angel comes along and with one look destroys the bastard.

But HUBBY I will tell you this, You Never Cease to Disappoint me, ooooops I meant AMAZE me, hehe.




posted by neurotic_wife at 12:47 PM

7 Comments:

I'm reading this Post and my eyes are starting to water. . . Okay, I'm cooking some Italian Sauce
and put in too much crushed pepper seeds, cayenne pepper, and regular pepper. But it was still an interesting post as usual.

September 14, 2004 at 6:26 PM  

Oh yes, I had an idea for you. Do a compilation book
on all your postings and title it: Confessions Of An Neurotic Iraqi Wife

September 14, 2004 at 6:31 PM  

Mr Ghost, You always seem to come up with great ideas, but why havent you thought of a way to get my HUBBYYYYYYYYYYYYY back yet???? Maybe afetr you have eaten your lunch/dinner, let the pepper settle in, it might get your mind working towards finding a solution to my woes.....Im waiting

September 14, 2004 at 6:34 PM  

Okay, no problem. I'll buy your husband's company, give him an early vacation, and toss in a Monster Truck, so you'll have someything to drive around in, in style.

September 14, 2004 at 7:31 PM  

Dear NIW:

I remember those daze....when the timing of HUBBY's phone call determined my level of happiness (contentment, joy, reason for living, etc...).

It's hard for guys to know how we feel, cuz they don't see things exactly like the girls...and vice versa! So, by and large, we (guys and girls) stay pretty clueless as to what our partners really need from us...

You should get a job or take classes, or something! It might do Hub some good to get v-mail once in in a while....and you will have something to tell him when you return his call!!

Plots and plans to get him home are probably not a good idea....generally, I think guys sense they're being controlled, or maniputated or whatever, and they just just dig in their heels!!
CAN'T STAND IT!!!

Please don't be sad...I'm sure he loves you as much as you love him...he just doesn't know how to show it in a way YOU can see (and feel)sometimes.

They REALLY do speak MARTIAN!

Oh! Almost forgot....jogging (or just walking) helps with the blues. take care, be well.

PamiC/USA

September 15, 2004 at 2:28 AM  

YES! i tink its a great idea!
everyday you will film hours and hours of yourlif and yourself, and once a week, edit them and send them to hubby! that way you will know he knows what you eat and what you do and what you see (like he doesnt already, the poor guy spends all his salary on phone cards) anywas, it would be nice to have a visual contact.
also, let him go to the internet room in the green zone and live chat with you, with a camera, come on NW you know how to maek him buy one o the small web cams and put is in his samsonite all the time, "but dont you love me?" thats what you must say when he sound hesitated and everythign will work out, emagine, you will be able not only to hear hubby;s voice, but see him too everyday!
and he will smile to you and you will see hs sea-blue eys agian, and he will tell you that he loves you and that he is coming back soon!
GOD i am mean!
* NW pulls her hair out by now *
:))
dont worry, he will come back soon:) everyting is gonna be just fine:)
would be nice to join some classes till he comes though.
you can learn Chinese and Indian before he comes.
damn damn i am being mean again.
i meant you will finish the first lesson before he comes:D
me*

September 15, 2004 at 4:57 AM  

Does your hubby and mine know each other? Mine runs at the first hint of an argument also. And that irratates me to no end LOL. You know sometimes you just feel like arguing. Well not arguing so much as just expressing those feelings you've been bottling up. KWIM?

September 15, 2004 at 7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home