Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape neurotic Iraqi wife: The Orange (il burtoqala)

neurotic Iraqi wife

September 03, 2004

The Orange (il burtoqala)

I have boycotted eating oranges after that horrible song (il bortoqala), and what made it even more horrific was that dear HUBBY fell in love with it, tsk tsk tsk. He called me one day from Baghdad and my heart jumped a beat, yay HUBBY called me without me telling him to, only to realise his sheer excitement was concentrated on that yuck song(sry to offend anyone who likes it, but I absolutely think its a waste of Iraqi talent).My heart just stopped beating and my face went into an ugly spasm,oh god...
And to my sheer horror, now there's the pomegranate and the apple, so in reality my list of restricted fruits is growing by the day, I really pray to god that the mango wont be added cuz thats my favourate. I guess for those who will come and visit me in my future home they will never saviour in a tasty fruit salad....
So back to that memorable phonecall, after regaining abit of my composure though my face was more spasmic than ever, I asked dearest HUBBY what he actually found appealing in that eeeeewwwwww song, and the inevitable answer was the oranges. Concentrate here with me, he said the oranges with a capital O....hmm I cut the conversation short by hanging up on him. The phone rings again and its HUBBY asking what happened, I said I guess whoever was listening to the very exciting conversation felt sick to the guts and cut the line.
So really what is sooooooooooo appealing about a bunch of women who have no sense of body perservation? whats so exciting about that? It leaves no imagination, everything is just handed to you on a plate, and the words, the words drive me nuts, im'alliga oo tizheen (hanging up and shining?) Yeah sure shining from the perspiration, yuck.....
I swear I really cannot believe that we woman have been analogised(is there such a word) with an orange, an apple and a pomegranate.....It just takes the piss and men, men just love it dont they.GRRRRRRRR
And just a few words, the majority of Iraqi women DO NOT and I repeat DO NOT dance this way nor act in this way. These video clips are mere exploitation of a conserved culture, its a money making machine and there's no one stopping them, how nauseating.....
So HUBBY from now on, no oranges no apples and sorry no pomegranates.....

posted by neurotic_wife at 3:19 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home