Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape neurotic Iraqi wife: Unwaxed Legs & Messy Eyebrows...

neurotic Iraqi wife

March 26, 2008

Unwaxed Legs & Messy Eyebrows...

Not sure whats worse? Standing in the middle of the courtyard where you can actually hear the rockets fly above you and then BOOOOM. Or standing in the courtyard with unwaxed legs, thinking shit, I cant let them see my hairy legs if I do get killed!!! Seriously, as trivial as it sounds, I have two big fears of dying in this place. One, the unwaxed legs and two, while standing naked taking a shower. Ughhhh

The attacks have been pretty vigorous lately. And for meeeeeeeeee to admit that, is actually something. During one of those, I was out smoking. There were four others out with me. When the sirens went off, we didn’t really think much of it, but when we heard the booms and things started falling on us, that’s when three of the guys scrammed inside, while I just stood there staring at the sky, holding my cigarette not knowing what to do. The fourth guy then grabbed me and pushed me inside the building. Hmmm, I guess I was in shock. But that didnt stop me from going out for a smoke during lockdowns. Unfortunately I got caught a few times sneaking outside, and got a piece of a few people's minds. Now, everytime a lockdown is announced, I hear my name being called to see if Im inside, UGHHHHHH...


My "Sins" angel is probably having a blast of its own, with all the lies Ive been feeding my parents. Every single time they watch the news and see the black plume of smoke coming from this area, they call me and HUBBY. On Easter my mom asked me to pack my stuff and leave. And she wasn’t joking either. I kept telling her not to believe what the news says and that Im extremely far from whats going on. What else shall I tell her?

She called me again last night, at about 11pm, when Im in one of my rarest deep sleeps. At first I thought the phone was ringing in my dream. Then BAM, it fell from the vibration, so I jolted up. With half closed eyes, I answered. “Where have you been?” My mom shouted at me. We have been trying to call you. You need to pack your things and come back NOW. That’s it, we will not have any of your non sense anymore. Do you hear me? I rolled my eyes, and said in my sleepy voice, hi mom, I miss you too. :)


In my opinion, I am extremely glad this is happening. As in, this cleansing process. This should have happened way back in 2003. But its never too late. About time Maliki took the step. Seriously, although I dislike the guy, but this takes balls to do. And apparently he finally is proving to have some. Now remember he had a good backing from Muti, so to go against Muqtada, says quite a lot. Theres an Iraqi saying “Loo qatil loo maqtool” (Youre either the killer or the killed) It’s the only way to get about this messy situation in Iraq. And I am sooooooooooooooo glad this is going on, I really really am.

I don’t care what others say, but for this place to be “normal” again, it has to go through a spa like treatment. First, just like a Moroccan bath, you scrub the hell out of this place. And I mean really scrub it, identify all the hot spots, and begin the process, until you see the dead cells fall bit by bit. One thing though which kinda worries me, is the strength of the Iraqi Army, and how much it can endure. Im not even sure if we do have a good strong one, since its all been infiltrated.

The Mahdi Militia and the Badr brigade (Hakeems Militia) must have this confrontation as well. Again theres an Iraqi saying “khalee narhum takul 7a6abhum” (ie;Let them fight each other, and kill each other). These two are a big part of the cancer that’s eating Iraq alive. And they both need to be eliminated. That’s my opinion. Is this gonna happen I dunno.


The Iraqis working with us are talking about a revolution. Wishful thinking? Is this the word on the streets? Again, I dunno. Plenty of speculations and rumours are going around. But all of them share the same opinion as I do. They all are saying that this should have happened a long time ago. Are they scared? No, they have been through worse. But they did convey some concerns about Mahdi militias taking over the country. Now THAT, scares the shit out of everyone. Conspiracy theories are being juggled about. Lets hope none of them are true.

Some of my coworkers who have their R&R's scheduled for next week are now trying to leave asap. They dont wanna be caught in the middle. Everyone is fearing the worst. Others are still in shock since the Sunday attacks and seem so out of it. As for me, my R&R is just NOT soon enough. I just cant wait. And although I was planning to start the maintenance procedure a few days before I travel, Ive reconsidered that option since as I mentioned at the start of this post, there is no way in hell Im leaving this life with unwaxed legs. Unwaxed Legs & Messy Eyebrows...

FootNote:Read this interesting article about life in the GZ during the attacks
posted by neurotic_wife at 3:49 PM

21 Comments:

There is a saying I have heard. I am not directing it at a particular blogger, just mentioning it. It goes "Woman, thy name is Vanity". I pray for your safety.

March 26, 2008 at 4:20 PM  

Thanx Whitehawk, I am vain!!!Well, Its almost 630 now and we are getting pounded again!!!I need a smoke!

March 26, 2008 at 5:33 PM  

Legs for everyone!!!!!!!!!

March 26, 2008 at 6:36 PM  

Hooorrrraaayyy...,!!!!!!!!!!

March 26, 2008 at 6:42 PM  

Thanks for your indepth views. Beleive me you never talk about grass root problem.

All this cahos is US funded and generated and financed.

As soon as United Shiatanic States will leave , there will be first chapter of peace.

March 26, 2008 at 7:20 PM  

I'm very encouraged to hear you say that you welcome the confrontation between the Maliki and the militias. I agree with you that it is a positive step by the government to establish its authority. There will undoubtedly by push-back, so I hope that you will be able to remain encouraged.

In the short run I'm willing to bet the insurgents and the foreign jihadists will ramp up the chaos in Iraq in an attempt to influence the upcoming U.S. election in favor of the withdrawal candidates. It could very well do just the opposite.

At any rate, you're very courageous and you have every right to be vain.

March 26, 2008 at 7:39 PM  

when asked about the timing of what is going on, a cnn reporter said that the iraqi PM just got fed up with the militias and decided to fight them. well, i'd like to hear more about the conspiracy theories that you mentioned. :)

March 26, 2008 at 9:59 PM  

Hi again NIW, Glad to hear that you're well. I was a bit worried hearing about the mortar attacks which are becoming more frequent. Make sure you take good care, it's no joke as I am sure you know that.

As for the latest show down between the Army and Mahdi Army, I think it's a sign that Maliki has decided to take the side of Al Hakeem having realized that Al Hakeem is the safer bet. This is a war to clear the decks for the planned and anticipated "Southern Province" in Iraq. Moti has been strongly against it cause it's simply against his interests at the moment. Al Hakeem on the other hand has been planning and preaching for the Southern Province for quite some time with the help and support of Iran and I'm sure he's quite happy to see things moving to the next phase especially when somebody else is doing the dirty work for him (The Iraqi National Army!). This would be another serious step towards dividing Iraq and believe me, Iraqis, the real Iraqis, the ordinary Iraqis will be the last to benefit from and the first to pay for it. This is the best case scenario for Iran and on the other hand the US is scrambling to get out so they don't give a rat's a$$ about Iraqis. I can't see any good coming from this. It's a power struggle and the government has taken Badr Brigade's side. If Hakeem gets what he wants, then prepare for a carbon copy of Iran to be established in Iraq and that would be a tragic loss for me at least.

I would also like to let out some steam here and please do remember I’m also an Iraq who happens to be living abroad. Now back to the point, we Iraqis always tend to blame the US and Coalition forces for anything that goes wrong in our country and we always seem to fail to recognize that we as Iraqis are partially to blame for it as well. Otherwise, you would not see a government and a parliament who literally could not care less about the interests of their home country or the people who elected them! I sometimes ask myself, how comes that we have such a bunch of traitors controlling the country? it can't be a coincidence? Can it? I know that most Iraqis are good human beings who just want to live their lives in peace but it was Iraqis who elected this bunch and gave them the power that they have, right? and the elected government have done absolutely nothing to make people's lives better. You know why? Because they can? and because they know that the same tricks that was pulled off last time will work next time and I'm sure you'll find that the majority of the parliament and government will stay after the next elections (they may just shuffle the chairs, like Saddam's days! Well, we have an example already Solagh the butcher).

Bottom line is, if the average Joe Iraqis keep on voting for one political party or the other just because God (or one of his so called Caliphs on earth in any packaging they come with!) said so, then good luck for them! Most of the political parties in Iraq are playing on the religion/sect chord because Iraqis are ignorant and naïve to believe in them. Unfortunately, seeing what’s going on now in Iraq, I don’t think things have changed and comes the next election, the same tricks will be played and the Iraqis will vote the same way they did last time and we can kiss Iraq goodbye for a long time.

Finally, please remember that the interest of Iraq and the US will not necessarily coincide. In fact, they rarely do. They are working to make sure that their interests are served in Iraq and the region and, I have to say, since 2003 they have had more misses than hits considering the fact that they presented Iraq on a gold plate to Iran and they are trying to run away now but that won’t change the fact that we Iraqis should stand up for ourselves.

I’m sure that many Iraqis will not be in agreement with what I just said but that is what I believe and if you disagree, that’s fine, we can talk about it but may not now as I have to go.

Usama-Vancouver

March 26, 2008 at 11:40 PM  

إن شاء الله دائما تكونو سالمين، إنت و زوجك

March 27, 2008 at 1:01 AM  

LOL, why does that not surprise me NIW, that in the middle of a mortar attack you would be worried you looked your best. I swear, maybe the whole world should have nothing but female armies cause then it would be guaranteed there would never be a war. None of the troops could ever get ready in time :D 'Bout time they quit trying to appease the Mahdi militias and started kicking their butts. Solo

March 27, 2008 at 1:54 AM  

SOLO & USAMA BOTH OF YOU SAY IT IN MORE WAYS THAN ONE & NEUROTICA DARLING YOUHAVE ALL THE RIGHT TO LOOK YOUR BEST ALTHOUGH I THINK UNSHAVEN WOMEN & GIRL´S LEGS LOOK SEXY & :) EVEN SENSUAL??! BUT HONESTLY BACK TO SOLO´S" BUTT-KICKING" & OR A KICK UP THESE THUG MILITIA´S ARSES & USAMA´S ANALYSIS THAT THE MUTTTTTIIII TO BE BROOMED & RUBBED OFF ;THE ARABIAN & IRAQI MAP & THAT SHOULD INCLUDE EACH & EVERY OTHER AXIS OFEVILIRANIEN AGENT SIDING & ATTEMPTING AT PLAYING A STOOGE PUPPET TO THE SINNISTER VINDICTVEIRANIEN REGI´ME & AS USAMA SAYS IT´S ABOUT TIME IRAQIS REALISED THAT THIER FUTURE IS MUCH BETTER REALISED IN FREE ENTERPRISE :-ABU-DHABI-DUBAI:-BUSINESS -BOOM STYLE FLOURISHING ECONOMY PART & PARCEL OF THE FINANCIAL INSTS. INCLUDED IN OUR BRITISH COMMONWEALTH ENHANCING & PROVIDING OPPORTUNITIES FOR PEOPLE TO THRIVE & PROSPER IN A LIBERAL DUBAI STYLE OPEN & FREE SOCIETY GIVING ALL THE CHANCE TO PARTICIPATE & REALISE THIER PERSONAL LIFESTYLES AS THEYSEE FIT ; SO NEUROTICA LUV YOU DO YOURSELF JUSTICE BY THINKING ABOUT YOUR LOOKS & WHY SHOULDN´T YOU; & MAY THE PRESENT MOVE AGAINST THE TIP OF THE ICEBERG -EVILIRANIEN MILITIA - THUGS; BE; THE INNITIAL THRUST THAT LEADS TO THE ERRADICATION IN FULL TO ANYTHING EVILIRANIEN ;IN THE REGION; AS A WHOLE ;ONCE & FOR ALL; TO HAVE A CLEAN SLATE MATE EVEN IF IT MEANS ULTIMATELY THAT OUR ALLIED FORCES MAY OPEN UP ON THE EVIL FROM ALL FRONTS & HAVE A D-DAY ASSAULT IN ONE FORM OR ANOTHER COMPLETING THE JOB RATHER THAN; LEAVING A HALF BAKED FESTERING EVIL THAT COULD CAUSE PROBLEMS IN THE FUTURE ;SO USAMA MATE YOU´RE RIGHT IN MUCH OF WHAT YOU SAY ;LET IRAQ FORGE FORTH & HAVE A BRIGHTER- ARABIAN -GULF-ABU-DHABI- DUBAI FLOURISHING FUTURE:)ALL THE BEST MATES WWW.bfbs.com YOURS AS ALWAYS OLAFF

March 27, 2008 at 3:20 AM  

I love reading your posts, they are so downright honest and refreshing. I do hope you get some real rest and relaxation on your R&R.
~Deborah

March 27, 2008 at 5:04 AM  

Thaqalain, I appreciate your comment BUT, answer this for me. Youre telling me that Iran and Al qa3ida have nothing to do whats going on in Iraq right now? Youre telling me that ALL this is orchestrated by the US???

Thanx Tom. Yes I really do think its a good thing whats happening right now. I dont think many people agree with me, but in the long run, THIS IS GOOD!!!And you know what else, I hope to good it stays this way, as in these operations continue. There is no way out of this mess except to clean the "shit" (mind my french)...First thing Maliki said when he became PM was disarming the militias, we have waited for so long for these words to come to fruition. Now again, bare in mind, all this may be a ploy...We will just have to wait and see

Tib, read Usama's comment. Infact, HUBBY was telling me exactly that. He fears that Maliki has made a sort of pact with Al Hakeem. Which in the long run is devastating, because it paves way to the Iranians. Usama has alot of good and valid points.

Usama, as I mentioned above, HUBBY shares these same thoughts as you...His fear is Hakeem and Iran...I really hope its not the case...But you never know...If Hakeem takes over, ie Iran, then yes, Iraq will be a lost cause for everyone!!!

Thnak you BUJ...Hey BUJ, did see the pictures of the Dubai storage getting burnt???Reminded me of pictures from here after explosions!!!

Hey Olaff, lol, I dont agree with unwaxed legs being sexy, YUCK!!!

Hiya Deborah, thanx!!!As I mentioned my R&R is NOT soon enough. I still have a few more weeks, but I honestly cant wait to get out of here. Especially thats when I see HUBBY, yaaaaaaaaaaaay...I havent seen him since our last vacation, and I do miss him and fear for him...

March 27, 2008 at 6:11 AM  

hala NIW.. I am in the UK now but I heard about the explosion in Dubai. It was an illegal fireworks store. How irresponsible, I hope the guys responsible get something big!

March 27, 2008 at 9:48 AM  

"Tib, read Usama's comment. Infact, HUBBY was telling me exactly that. He fears that Maliki has made a sort of pact with Al Hakeem. Which in the long run is devastating, because it paves way to the Iranians. Usama has alot of good and valid points."

ok, but how could it be possible if the iraqi government is backed mainly by the US forces? could Maliki do that without the US agreement? for me it seems that US and Iran have made some kind of pact to achieve stability, even if that means to welcome fundamentalist rulers to the iraqi government.

March 27, 2008 at 3:10 PM  

Iran is a dangerous element and will have to be dealt with at some point. As Olaff has said,"The sooner the better." Tib, folks here in the U.S. would hate to see a fundamentalist government in Iraq made up of either Shia or Sunni, however I rarely see the Iranian problem addressed in depth. There does seem to be an attempt at appeasement when dealing with the Iranian government and as history has proven, with fundamentalists, there seems to be only one course of action.. Thanks Usama for your perspective. It's very thought provoking and has increased my minimal knowledge. It will be a difficult task for Iraqis to elect a government that has focus on the welfare of the whole country rather than personal loyalties and agendas. Over time I have seen the tone of Iraqi bloggers change more towards (guarded)optimism and the stories of progress I've read, have occurred from within the population. I continue to support our troops, the mission, and the Iraqi people. Solo

March 27, 2008 at 5:27 PM  

The Zombies are way more likely to eat you if you have shaved legs. Teaching Zombies is the worst job ever. My worst fear is teaching more Zombies to curb their enthusiasm. You're always inferior to a Zombie. Stupid Mother Fuckers. They all contain residual kinetic chemical signatures contesting behavioral monitor. They need to learn how to read and write instead of "stab" and "bite". I hate some Zombies. None of the Zombies can remember stuff. Their ACTUAL memory thwarts the convenience of free food. Which contradicts survival and equality. No Means NO! Hypocrites and liars. Religion is Business as oriented social dynamic with phobias homosexual, uggh, pathetic and humiliating.

!."The Cathedral where Babies come from?"

@."You have to go Church with other people and not spread disease honey."

!."Our Baby is not a disease!"

March 27, 2008 at 5:46 PM  

NIW, i think your honesty and bluntness is great! :) talking about unwaxed legs on a well read blog, takes guts. Stay safe.

March 27, 2008 at 10:41 PM  

The American media always refers to every person accused of engaging against the American military as "terrorists", yet if we look at history we find that the occupying forces ALWAYS consider their foes as criminals. Such people as George Washington were labeled something-like terrorists. And while I understand that this is a messy complicated situation, I still haven't reasoned out why this scenario still stands: the invaders and occupying forces are the "good guys" and the resistance fighters (the locals) are the "terrorists". Logic tells me there may be another, more honest, approach: the invaders and occupiers are the "terrorists" and the resistance fighters (the locals) are the "good guys".

And before you get up on my ass about Iran, answer me this (especially Americans): If a country half way around the world decided the US was a "danger" to them, made up a bunch of lies about it, and one day dropped bombs all over your neighborhood, what would you do? What if they dragged your loved ones away in the middle of the night and tortured them in prisons? What if they had dropped bombs on your local hospital? What would you do?

Would you stand up and fight the invading/occupying forces? What about if they "promised" it was for your own good? Would you roll over and take it up the behind, or would you fight back? HUH?

THINK next time you try to lump all Iraqis that oppose and detest the invaders and occupiers of their country into one category. Put yourself in their shoes.

Ya, we'll see how history is written: that's who won the war. Thank god for the internet!

March 28, 2008 at 10:13 AM  

I have been raped before. The guy kept telling me "you know you want it" while he held down my arms and violated me. "You know you want it, why are you fighting?" Those words will haunt me forever.

I am reminded of that experience every time I think of Iraq.

March 28, 2008 at 10:28 AM  

Violence equals violence. Iraq had an Old World Flavor. I wouldn't associate Rape with those people being familiar with Catholic and Jewish Culture. Most Music actually is tonally personified with some resonating hardship. To be honest Everything SUCKS. BE ASSERTIVE! WRECK SHOP! I enjoyed that Movie with Jet Li "Danny the Dog". or "Unleashed". I'm sure plenty of Holocaust victims have had similar experience such is the nature of war. Then again everyone has been trained to some point based on their bloodlines or snowflake lines what have you...

March 28, 2008 at 3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home