Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape neurotic Iraqi wife: An Amazing Baghdadi Day...

neurotic Iraqi wife

March 10, 2008

An Amazing Baghdadi Day...

Part 2 of 2

I really didn’t wanna leave that spot in the road. The spot where I was looking at the only house I ever knew here, the only place I ever lived in as a child, here in Baghdad. But M said, Neurotica, we look abit suspicious just parking here, we better leave. I nodded silently to M. As we turned away, I kept staring at its image, until it became a very faint silhouette in the distance. I waved goodbye and in a slight whisper I said “I left you 29 years ago, but I came for you today. Although Im leaving you again today, I will definitely come and see you one day. One day very soon”. And with that we continued our tour of Baghdad.

As M drove on swerving left and right avoiding the uneven street humps passing from one area to the other, he was explaining what each and every area is, and who occupies it, Sunnis there, and Shia’s here, Christians here, and its mixed there, I kept hearing him say. He reminded me of a real tourist guide. Unfortunately his voice began trailing in the background while I kept my eyes wide open trying to engrave every single detail in my heart and my mind. Al Mansour was by far the most happening place. Filled with shoppers, going about on their business.

There were also areas lined up with newly renovated buildings and stores. State of the art designs, but unfortunately as M told me, the owners either fled the country in fear of their lives because of the violence or were actually kidnapped or killed. A whole strip of unoccupied shops. What a pity I said to M. A real pity. Then we passed by a restaurant called Crispy. I loved the floor to ceiling glass windows, reminded me of café’s in Chelsea, London. And no Im definitely not exaggerating. Crispy was filled with families and children enjoying the Friday afternoon. I swear I couldn’t believe my eyes. I turned to M and said, Wow, look at this place, its filled. People are actually out and about. “Yes Neurotica, life goes on, we will not just give up and lock ourselves in our houses. We love life, and we will live it, whether AQ wants us to or not, whether the militias allows us to or not”. I smiled and turned to my little window. My window to the outside. We passed by atleast a dozen cafes. City café was another one, and many many more.

After about 2 hours of being stuck in the car roaming the streets of Baghdad, M asked “aren’t you hungry Neurotica?” “Aha, Im famished, where are you taking me for lunch?” I asked in a cheeky way. “I booked in Saj il Reef”, M replied. “You booked? You actually have bookings here M???” ”Yes, this place gets overly crowded and I don’t want us to stand in line, so I booked for 330. Wowww, I could not wait to see what this place was like. Just before we head that way, there was a small shop M wanted to go to, its called Style and its close to the restaurant.

“You wanna come inside with me?” He asked cautiously. Ofcourse M, ofcourse I wanna come and see. But Neurotica, make sure you don’t slip a few English words here and there ok? Just to tease M, because he gets worked up pretty easily, I said, well, just because you said that, Im gonna ask the shop owner “how much is this please?” in English. A look of horror appeared on M’s face. Noooooo, please Neurotica, no, just don’t say anything ok? I smiled and said Don’t worry M, Im only kidding. The look on his face was just priceless.

Again, if I didn’t know I was in Baghdad, and someone had blindfolded me then removed the blindfold from my eyes, I woulda definitely have thought I was in the middle of a normal toy store in a normal place. The owner had every single Disney character on display (which you can see from the photos in my last post). And without me even thinking, I said “Oh wow!” In English. Then I immediately covered my mouth, bowed my head towards the floor and stood behind M like a child who just broke something and was trying to hide. Don’t you wanna buy anything? M whispered. I shook my head. Are you sure? Look at those mugs, don’t you want one? No M, its ok, they’re in English, had they been Iraqi stuff I woulda definitely bought something. But theyre not.

After Style, we finally went inside the restaurant, Saj Il reef. To say I wanted the floor to open up and swallow me is an understatement. Everyone, every single person, just sat there staring at me. My heart began to thump so bad, I thought I was gonna have an attack. I couldn’t understand why? I mean, I was dressed as normal as can be. Jeans, shirt, jean jacket, and trainers. I felt as if I was some kinda alien who just got dropped in the middle of the restaurant. The nicely dressed waiter approached us and as M told him we made a booking, he took us to the empty table which had a “Mahjooz” (reserved) sign on top of it.

I tried to be normal and took my seat, but people were still staring at me. I whispered to M “Why the hell are they staring? Is there anything wrong? Do I look odd?” M smiled, No Neurotica, its not you, its them. Don’t worry. Just relax. But how could I relax, when I can feel their eyes burning right through me.

We ordered our food, and I sat there leaning my back to the wall, looking all around me. That place was crammed. People were coming in and then leaving because there arent any free tables around. I looked at the people, they were happy people. Young ladies dressed in the latest fashion with make up, large fashionable sun glasses over their heads shielding the hairs from their eyes and large hoop earrings dangling from their ears. Everything and everyone around me looked so colourful, so lively. And most importantly, so NORMAL!!!

I had the urge of taking my cam out and snap hundreds upon hundreds of pictures. I wanted everyone in the world to see that no matter what happens to Iraq, the rockets, the bombings, the assassinations, the kidnappings, there is Always Life. ALWAYS. But unfortunately I did not want to attract more attention than I was. So I just sat there, enjoying the surroundings in utter silence, snapping the pictures in the only way I can, in my head. One by one. A cute couple sitting side by side teasing each other and whispering in each other’s ears, SNAP. A family of elderly parents with their children and their grandchildren, the kids jumping up and down asking for finger. We want finger, they kept saying in a chorus of tiny voices. We want finger (finger=fries), SNAP. A group of young men sipping their teas and laughing at some joke, SNAP. SNAP SNAP SNAP.

After eating the yummiest Iraqi food ever, I started feeling fidgety, I really really needed to smoke. I looked at M munching away his salad, and said to him, Umm M, Im sorry but I REALLY need to smoke. Looking at M after saying the word smoke, I truly believed he was about to choke on the burghul (buckwheat) of the Taboola. I bit my lower lip and said, Yes I know it isn’t really appropriate, can I go and smoke outside though? I think at that moment M regretted the whole idea of taking me out, lol. Poor guy…I looked around and realized that not a single woman was smoking, only the men with them were. Had I been with HUBBY, I wouldn’t have cared and smoked, cuz Im with my HUBBY, but M is a stranger afterall and besides he is a non smoker. Unfortunately, I had to wait until we got in the car. After we were done eating, M paid the bill and off we went.

On our way, I saw teenage girls walking in jeans carrying shopping bags. I also saw covered women shopping at the grocery stalls. One scene though that I will never forget, and unfortunately wasn’t able to take a picture of, was just along one of the roads, I saw a little girl aged probably between 7 or 8, with braided hair shining like gold, pink top and jeans, standing right next to barrels of fuel. I turned to M and said what is this? This is where I buy fuel for my car, it’s the black market fuel he said. I was horrified. Why would a little girl sell it. M explained that the parents use their children because there is no law for impeaching kids, but instead they’d be placed in a juvenile home for a few days then get released. It caught my eye for a reason, how the hell will the little girl be able to carry a barrel that’s twice her weight?

As we got closer to the GZ, I stared at the river, the Baghdadi sun shining its rays on the glistening waves which shined like Swarovski crystals. How can a river so dazzling, so beautiful, so calm, end up being the morgue of thousands upon thousands of decapitated dumped bodies. I looked at the sky, the clearest sea blue sky I have ever seen. How can a sky so gorgeous, so pure, end up being the birthplace of the horrendous shock and awe that ripped the city apart. That changed the whole world???HOW?

My thoughts were cut short as we needed to get out of the car for the GZ checkpoint guards to check for explosives with the sniffer dog. We stood there for about 15 minutes until we were given the ok. And there I was, once again, back in that drabby green zone. I wonder why they called it the green zone in the first place. All its greenery is dead, dull and boring!!! I was extremely devastated that my trip came to an end, but again I knew that one day, one day I will be able to do this again.

I asked M to drop me off abit further down as I did not want any of my coworkers to see me. As I made my way into the compound, I called HUBBY with the adrenalin rush still in full blast and said “guess where I had lunch today?” He named a few places in the GZ, then I said “Nooooooooooooo, I was out. Out in Baghdad”. Needless to say, I wont be sharing the details of how that conversation went, all Im gonna say, it took a bit of a nasty turn. Getting upset is an understatement, HUBBY was flabbergasted with me, bringing up the Karradah bombings of the previous day. Ofcourse, my brother reacted the same way when I told him, and made me promise that I will never ever do it again. I seriously don’t understand what the big deal is or was for that matter. Im back safe and sound, all in one piece. Oh well…


Although on my trip I passed by really bad areas as well, areas filled with destructed buildings, areas with sewage flooding the streets. Haunted street shops with broken windows and destroyed tiles. With all that, with all the destruction that was around with all the trash that was scattered about, Baghdad will always remain a Jewel, A Jewel in my eyes. For I will never forget the 7th of March 2008. 7th of March was truly a day, An Amazing Day in my Life. An Amazing Baghdadi Day...
posted by neurotic_wife at 7:37 PM

42 Comments:

Jane Goodall's crazy.

March 10, 2008 at 10:32 PM  

HELLO NEUROTICA;LUV; AN ESSAY ;ARTICLE ;AN ILLUSTRATIVE ACCOUNT & OR A LOVELY DOCUMENTED TOUR OF BAGDAD ;YOUR PERSONAL IMPRESSIONS THEREOF;:) HHMMMM ?!!YOUR BROTHER & HUSBAND ARE RIGHT OFCOURSE AS ;!YOU MUST ADMIT ;IT HAD BEEN A SLIGHTLY DODGY RISKY UNDERTAKING ON YOUR BEHALF ;?!!AS ENTICING & COMPELLING AS IT UNDOUBTEDLY IS ;NEEDLESS TO SAY I FULLY FEEL & UNDERSTAND THE TANTALISING SEDUCTIVE COMPULSION THAT ATTRACTS ONE´S MOST INNER PASSIONS & IDENTITTY TO SEEK THAT WHICH IS MOST; INTIMATE TO OUR MEMORIES & WHAT IS HELD DEAR TO OUR EMOTIONS. THE DESCRIBTION YOU GIVE OF THE CITY THE RIVER THE SKY ABOVE MAY IN THE LONG RUN BE;GOOD MATERIAL FOR A FACTUAL TEXT BOOK DOCUMENTARY TITLED SOMETHING ALONG THE LINES "MY PRIVATE SENTIMENTS OF MY CITY":)NEUROTICA DARLING YOU DO REALLY BRING US A LIVELY LOVELY EXPLANATION OF EVERY DAY EXPERIENCES & HAPPENINGS AROUND YOU ;BUT FOR YOUR SAKE & YOUR FAMILY´S SAKE DON´T TAKE UNDUE RISKS ;AFTER ALL YOUR FAMILY HAD BEEN UPSET AT THE RISK FACTOR INVOLVED IN ROAMING AROUND AN INFLAMOTARY ENVIRONMENT. SHAN´T REPEAT THE REASONS & THE AXIS OF EVIL AT PLAY CAUSING ALL THE DESTRUCTION & MAYHEM SADLY SO. ALL THE BEST OF JOLLY GREETINGS LUV;WWW.bfbs.com" CHEERS :)OLAFF

March 11, 2008 at 12:05 AM  

At least you didn't have to sleep with your brother.

March 11, 2008 at 1:46 AM  

thanks to shits like urself,living in the GZ, Baghdad is a huge dumping ground.
may you rot in your GZ

March 11, 2008 at 1:59 AM  

As a husband, I can understand your hubby's reaction to your adventure outside the blast walls. I know that I find it very upsetting when my wife takes any unnecessary risks. Your trip is far more dangerous than antyhing she has ever even contemplated so I can empathize with your husband.

On the other hand, as I understand it, your hubby works outside the green zone for months at a time. The risks that he is willing to take regarding his own personal safety seem to be orders of magnitude higher than you took on your jaunt. Emotionally, I really do understand his sexist double standard, but I wonder if your hubby can articulate a rational basis for the much higher level of acceptable risk tolerance he sets for himself than for you? I know in these types of conflicts with my wife, I really don't have much return ammunition when she plays the "you take much bigger risks" card, and it tends to diffuse the conflict, especially if she promises not to repeat the disputed behavior in the future. Maybe a similar approach will help with your hubby.

As to your brother, if he is older than you, there will be no reasoning with him since he probably won't be able to stop thinking of you as his baby sister. Better to agree to disagree where older brothers are concerned.
Mark-In-Chi-Town

March 11, 2008 at 2:35 AM  

I hope you gave your HUBBY some leeway when he came unglued on you. I can well imagine the conversation.

March 11, 2008 at 3:39 AM  

Thank you for the heart warming story. You should quit them butts, they'll kill ya.

SAM NY

March 11, 2008 at 3:49 AM  

Your goisng to kill us all.

March 11, 2008 at 4:24 AM  

Wow, sounds like quite an adventure! I'm glad people are living their lives. Life does go on. Thanks for the report, neurotic!

March 11, 2008 at 4:46 AM  

Olaff, I know its a risk. I would have been pissed off myself had HUBBY done the same...So yeah I know where they're coming from..But I still say it was all well worth it!!!

Lol Anon, look seriously you make me smile every morning. If you hate my guts so much, why do you read me?Lol..And again, I iwll say this, I leave the GZ for YOU to rot in...Enjoy while youre at it

Mark, well I guess reason for them getting so upset, was the fact it was a day after the horrendous bombings that took place in Karradah. And Yes I passed by Karradah, the conjunction of Al Attar street where the bombings happened.

Whitehawk, I wish he was with me..I miss him

Sam NY, I wish,lol

Why Madtom????

Muhannad, yes an adventure of a life time!!!I needed to go out to see in my own eyes whats going on. And yes, ppl are living their lives normally. Khala9 they had had enough...

March 11, 2008 at 6:05 AM  

NIW, I'm proud of ya! What you saw was memories of the past and a glimpse of the future. It was a necessary trip in spite of the risk and it wouldn't surprise me if you did it again. Poor M though. You're gonna fray his nerves :D Solo

March 11, 2008 at 1:40 PM  

This made me smile.

World record holder in the marathon pulls out of Beijing Olympics due to the city's high pollution levels

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/more_sport/athletics/article3521537.ece

hail caeser right? They're even gonna let the guy live to run some more.

March 11, 2008 at 3:28 PM  

You are very naughty but I am so impressed. Your emotion came through in your writing and made it really beautiful reading.

I so wished you could have taken photos but glad you did not.

Your friend sounds like a great guy.

hubby and brother clearly care.

BE GOOD !
Angela

March 11, 2008 at 7:15 PM  

Wakeeha :p

March 11, 2008 at 7:39 PM  

Hi, NIW

I enjoyed reading about your adventure outside the GZ and the slideshow was a wonderful look at Iraqi life now matter how bad it is there it really is beautiful. Sorry about the fight w/Hubby though I'm sure he was just concerned for your safety
(Alpha males what can you say)

I read a quote the other day that made me think of you:

A constant struggle, a ceaseless battle to bring sucess from inhospitable suroundings, is the price of all great acheivements. Orrison Swett Marden

One more thing ANON idiot - go screw yourself and may you burn in hell forever for the hatred that you hold inside.

March 11, 2008 at 7:53 PM  

NIW- I am SO HAPPY for you! That you got to see the Baghdad some of us have seen (at least in Army video). I hope that it gives you some good feelings in the next few weeks- that insha'llah every day gets better and better. Imagine being able to go back to Baghdad in 3 years and walk around completely anonymously! How cool will that be?! I just hope I can be around in a few more years to be a "tourist" in all the places I have written reports about! Stay safe and keep bloggin..

March 11, 2008 at 8:18 PM  

NEUROTICA LUV; I AGREE WITH YOU DARLING IT´S WELL WORTH IT; AS IT IS AFTER ALL A TRIP DOWN MEMORY LANE OF WHAT IS HELD DEAR TO US I.E.OUR OWN PERSONAL BEING % WHERE WE´´VE COME FROM ;ONLY THAT IT´D BEEN SLIGHTLY DODGY AS YOU CAN´T PREDICT THE AGGRO. LURKING AROUND THERE??! ALBEIT A REALLY INTERESTING ILLUSTRATIVE DIAGRAM OF THE LOVELY BLUE SKY & SILVERY SUN SHINE STRANDS GLIMMERING AS THEY REACH & RIDE THE UNDULATING FLOW OF THE RIVER SNAKING IT´S WAY THROUGH A CITY THE COULD BY RIGHTS BE A MARVEL TO BEHOLD IF GIVEN A CHANCE TO BLOOM & FLOURISH ;AS WOULD OUR OWN SIR T.E. LAWRENCE SURELY MAY HAVE CONCURRED & ENDORSED AS HE HAD INDEED FALLEN IN LOVE WITH THE ARABIAN PENINNSULA & HIS BOOK "THE 7 PILLARS OF WISDOM " THE ANGLO-ARABIAN PENNINSULA PART OF THE BRITISH COMMON WEALTH; A VISION OF A FLOURISHING OF THE REGION & PARTICULARLY A CITY; A BEUATIFUL BAGHDAD PART OF THE ALL ENCOMPASSING FLOURISHING & ADVANCEMENT OF THE REGION NOT UNLIKE ABU-DHABI;DUBAI & THE ARABIAN-GULF ;A BULDING ECONOMIC BOOM THAT SHALL & SHOULD MAKE IT A DELIGHT FOR YOU TO LIVE & ENJOY BAGHDAD IN SAFETY ;MAY THAT VISION STILL BE REALISED & NEUROTICA LUV FOR YOU; BAGHDAD BECOMES INDEED A CITY OF LAUGHING ; HAPPY FAMILIES GOING ABOUT SHOPPING & ENJOYING A CHELSEA LIKE RESTAURANTS ON A KING´S ROAD ATMOSPHERE ;OR MAYBE SHOPPING DEPT. STORES SUCH AS HARRODS ;HAMLEY´S & EVEN MAYBE AN ECONOMIC "BRITISH HOME STORES" ;ALL THE VERY BEST OF MERRY GREETINGS LUV;WWW.bfbs.com" AS ALWAYS YOUR OLAFF:)

March 11, 2008 at 8:42 PM  

http://www.obleek.com/iraq/

March 12, 2008 at 4:02 AM  

Lol Solo, yes, I dont think M wants to take me out again ;) btw I like reading your words. Why dont you start your own blog? Hmm, maybe you have one?

Hey Angela, I had to do it. And Im glad that I did. I wasnt apprehensive at all, not even scared. I was more excited than anything. The pictures I took werent that good, I wanted to take more, but didnt want poor M to die on me,lol

Zappy, I knowwwwwwwww :) Makanak khalee!

Wow, I like that quote Kathy. As for HUBBY he got over it. He read my post, when he wasnt supposed to be reading my blog, but when he read my post and saw the pics, he sent me a very sweet email telling me that he too will remember this day with me, and that he loved me :)

LF, three years???Lol, thats far too optimistic. I did blend in tho, but till now, I have no idea why these people were staring,looool. You know, I have this crazy idea. I wanna wear a black abbaya, and cover my face, basically become like a ninja for a day and go out. Who is gonna know?That idea IS really really in my head now...

Olaff, Inshallah all the above will happen. I dont think soon, but someday it will.

March 12, 2008 at 6:29 AM  

it is thanks to whores like neurotica in the GZ that Iraq is in the state it is in.
ya gahbah u must be proud of urself

March 12, 2008 at 6:38 AM  

Anon, Im very proud of myself. Infact I have more pride than you...Go learn other words please, and clean your filthy tongue. You want me to clean it for you???I can easily delete your comments, but as I said, they bemuse me :)

March 12, 2008 at 7:22 AM  

LOL, no blog here NIW : ) Hard enough to keep up with the ones I read, much less try to write one. I have considered it, though it would be a meandering menagerie of mental musings :D Solo

March 12, 2008 at 2:28 PM  

anonymous mu6y, why attack neurotica? are you jealous? Iraqis like her are helping rebuild Iraq. what are you doing besides insulting Iraqis who want peace and prosperity for their country?

March 12, 2008 at 3:37 PM  

I'm a whore? A little pride a little not dropping a bomb on the new house, I don't know? Are Physics real?

Should Lions Keep Blogs? Blogs not bombs? The violent upbringing of a war native threatening none other then the water buffalo, living at the waters edge? Would I daresay the Lion is just afraid to jump in? All these questions can and will be answered on next weeks "A day in the life of a 2 parter."

March 12, 2008 at 10:12 PM  

NEUROTICA LUV; AS YOU SAY DARLING;"INSHALLAH" MAY THE HEAVENS SMILE UPON YOU & THE REGION IN GENERAL & QUITE HONESTLY PRACTICALLY IF THE ABOVE I:E: IRAQ BECOMING PROSPEROUS & A THRIVING BOOM BUSINESS FREE ENTERPRISE ECONOMY SIMILAR TO THE ARABIAN GULF "ABU:DHABI-DUBAI & ALL THE REST OF THE PENINSULA ALL SORTS OF INITIAVE BUSINESS VENTURES EXIST WITH & THROUGH OUR BRITISH COMMONWEALTH THAT´LL ASSIST IN BUILDING A FLOURISHING ECONOMY;ONE IMPEDEMENT & OBSTACLE THE AXIS OF EVIL HAS TO BE COMPLETELY RUBBED OUT & OBLITTERATED FROM THE REGION FOR MATTERS TO SETTLE & THE GENERAL ENVIRONMENT IMPROVE TO MOVE FORTH IN HAVING A SAFE HAPPY CITY AROUND THAT YOU MAY WELL FEEL PROUD ;THRILLED & EXHILLERATED TO LIVE IN ALL THE BEST LUV;WWW.bfbs.com" YOUR OLAFF:)

March 12, 2008 at 11:40 PM  

Check out this Graph. The flash above was very informative, don't forget to check that out. I don't know if anything is credible. Visually twice removed as if our minds were capable within our gross imagination. I'll just keep looking for myself among the casualties then I can clarify if I myself am alive. I agree your all fucking crazy and you better have one hell of an explanation for this death.


http://www.prosebeforehos.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/deathsinmiddleeast.gif

March 12, 2008 at 11:43 PM  

so neurotica, did you figure out why people kept staring at you in the restaurant? you even mentioned a couple whispering in each other's ears, so what was the big deal about you and your friend? i can't figure out also.

March 13, 2008 at 12:11 AM  

Tib yeah but Im still not convinced. M told me that people in that place usually go there to "show off". And because I looked "normal" they were staring at me,lol..But that just shocked me, cuz I didnt think Iraqis in a war zone have the energy nor the time to show off per se...I know people in the UAE do that but not here. So as I said Im not convinced. But I think I have my own explanation cuz of what happened in the last checkpoint before entering the GZ. The Iraqi guard asked M, if I was American, M laughed and said no she is Iraqi. Because of my petite frame, and colouring I dont look like your typical Arab/Iraqi woman. And so probably people in the restaurant thought I was an outsider. Thats the only explanation...

Muhannad/IM, its ok, I know how to deal with such scum. Im gonna delete them from now on...

March 13, 2008 at 6:30 AM  

You may be right american and british, australian and south african women do not dress up the way arabic women do, i still try and get magazines from Kuwait and Dubai as the make up and dresses are sooo beautiful, altought I would not wear them. i loved my abaya it had a peacock on the hem. But when i was not wearing it, being blond and blue eyes , i had the men staring even though i am chubby and consider myself rather unattractive ( oh and the women scrouwling at me ) In bahrain the prostitutes are Russian and so if i was ever alone they woulds approach me and ask " are you russian" and my normal response was " piss off pervert !" but as a whole i LOVED it and I miss the call to prayer, the excitement of shopping at night, eating baklava (no wonder I'm chubby)as we looked in jewelry shop windows and ambled through souks in the clammy air.
I went to see a brahman at a flea market and he read my past lives and one of them was in the middle east. HE HE I could have told him that.
I think from the little snips of photos of you , you are obviously very beautiful, thats why they where staring.

Angela

March 13, 2008 at 10:59 AM  

people aren't beautiful now-a-days they are insane. Hidden Hand my arse.

March 13, 2008 at 4:36 PM  

neurotica,

iraqis do this all the time to any beautiful girl. i never noticed it until i went out with a girl once in 2005 in Mansur. it was horrible.

March 13, 2008 at 6:32 PM  

NIW,

I was wondering when you'd take a trip outside the GZ. Much later than you would've hoped, I'm sure :)

This particular post (both parts) brought tears to my eyes. I've been homesick for 15 years. Each time I go home for a short visit, I drive past the house I lived in for 18 years. My parents took such care and pride in that house and to see it now is just heart-breaking. I am from California and Hubby is from Florida. We will be moving to Florida as soon as I finish nursing school. While California may be home of the fruits and nuts, or home of the quakes and flakes (endearing terms of course ;)), it still and always will be my home.

I know this pales in comparison to what you experienced on your trip outside. I just wanted to share why I found your post so moving. It really hit home for me, no pun intended.

Always,
Melanie

March 14, 2008 at 4:47 AM  

HELLO M´E O´L MATES HAVING ALREADY COMMENTED ON THE DESIRABLE PROSPECTS OF HAVING BAGHDAD A NORMAL SAFE CITY & FULL OF HAPPY FAMILIES LEADING NORMAL LIVES ;IF ONLY BUT IF ONLY THE AXIS OF EVIL FROM ACROSS THE EASTERN BORDERS IS RUBBED OUT ONCE & FOR ALL !!HOWEVER MEL.LUV YOU´VE ALSO TOUCHED US EMOTIONALLY MOVING FROM CALIFORNIA TO FLORIDA ??I KNOW L.A. well as i lived IN LONG BEACH;& I KNOW MIAMI A BIT ?? IT JUST SEEMED A MILDER LESS OF A TROPIC CLIMATE IN CALIFORNIA THAN FLORIDA; ?? SO MAYBE YOUR OTHER HALF MAY ALSO CONSIDER THE MED. CLIMATE OF CALIFORNIA MORE PLEASANT THAN THE HOT TROPICAL FLORIDA:)???!!!PERSONALLY I PREFER THE MED COAST BUT THAT´S NIETHER HERE NOR THERE ??ALL THE BEST MEL MATEY & HAVE AGOOD TIME NO MATTER :??KINDEST REGARDS WWW.bfbs.com" (TALKING OF THE MED COAST CYPRESS GEORGE MICHEAL BEING GREEK "CARELESS WHISPER:-HHHMM")& OUR STATUS QUO "ROCKING ALL AROUND THE WORLD" LISTEN ON "U" TUBE OH WELL WHAT EVER TAKES YOUR FANCY BEST REGARDS :)OLAFF

March 14, 2008 at 5:54 AM  

hi neurotica, only now i saw that you answered my question in the previous post, many thanks!

about the restaurant, i think mr. hawazin may be right, and that is normal everywhere. i mean, people love to analyze couples' "compatibility".

March 14, 2008 at 2:55 PM  

Did you see any signs of effective government outside the green zone?

o.jeff

March 15, 2008 at 3:11 PM  

DON´T MEAN TO DISSAPOINT YOU O.JEFF BUT IT´S POINTLESS SEEKING WHAT´S NOT THERE ;OFFICIALDOM IS RIDDLED IN A PARASITIC FORM OF APPOINTED INDIVIDUALS DOING THE BIDDING AT THE BEHEST OF THE XIS OF EVIL FROM ACCROSS THE EASTERN BORDER!!!??? UNTIL YOU´RE RID OF THE MILITIA SCOURGE VINDICTIVE SINNISTER LOT;; DIRECTED BY THESE PUPPET- AXIS OF EVILIRANIEN -SO CALLED OFFICIALS THERE SHALL BE NO GENUINE FAIR REPRESANTATIVE GOVT, OF ALL THE PEOPLE THERE;SADLY SO EFFECTIVE GOVT. OUTSIDE THE GREEN ZONE IS BUT A MIRAGE ;GRAINS OF SAND DEFLECTED OF THE SURFACE AREA & NO REAL OASIS IN SIGHT??!!& THAT HASN´T ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE GALLAGHER BROS.ALL BEST MATES CHEERS OLAFF

March 16, 2008 at 5:53 AM  

It ain't the government that's been affective in the Red Zone, it's the people. Government should be by the people, of the people, and for the people. The Iraqi voice has become stronger than the bloody voice of AQ and al Sadr. The Iraqi folks are discovering their spirit again, and that democracy is built from the ground up, not the top down. The fledgling government is only a begining, only a first step. New leaders are emerging from the younger generation of Iraq with their eyes on the future, people with greater strength and wisdom than the existing government has shown. I will continue to watch Iraq with optimism. Regards to Iraq, Solo

March 17, 2008 at 2:10 PM  

HELLO M´E O´L MATES IT MAY BE RIGHT ACCUSING AQ & THE SADR MMMUUUUTTTTII MILITIA OF THE ATTROCIOUS ATROCITIES ;BUT TO BE SURE OF HAVING AN ALL ENCOMPASSING RESPONSIVE REPRESENTATTIVE PASSING LEGISLATION RULES & REGULATIONS IN THE INTEREST OF ALL & NON OF THE PREJUDISIAL SINNISTER EVIL VINDICTIVE POLICIES AIMED AT DISENFRANCHISING & KILLING ONE ETNIC GROUP OR THE OTHER ;;IF YOU WANT A FAIR REP. govt. THEN THE ROOT CAUSE THAT FEEDS & FOMENTS PROBLEMS BY DIRECTING & BUILDING UP THE THUG MILITIAS HAVE TO BE ERADICATED NAMELY THE ILLUSIVE AFGHAN AQ TALABAN STYLE LOT RABBLE; & THE MUCH MORE SINNISTER SCOURGE OF THE REGION THE AXIS OF EVILIRAN ;SO SOLO KEEP WATCHING & IF YOU WITNESS THE RUBBING OUT OF THESE SOURCES OF EVIL YOU MAY THEN HAVE YOUR "OF THE PROPLE BY THE PEOPLE FOR THE PEOPLE"; BUT EVEN THEN MATEY A LOT OF KNOWING HOW TO PLAY THE:- BACKING- PARTY; VERY -COSTLY -DEMOCRATIC- NOMINATION GAME COMES INTO IT´S OWN & REPRESENTS THOSE WHO MUSTER UP HUGE SUMS TO PUT THIER MAN & PARTY IN POSITION ??!! SO SORRY TO SAY IT´S A LONG LONG LONG ROAD OF "THE PEOPLE BY THE PEOPLE FOR THE PEOPLE ???!! & EVEN THEN YOU CAN´T BE THAT SURE ??!! BUT THEN NOTHING IS THAT SURE OR INFALLABLE??! IT´A ALL A GAME MATE QUESTION IS HOW WELL YOUPLAY IT & THE HIGH IDEALS & GOOD INTENTIONS & FAIRNESS HAVE TO BE SQUEEZED IN THERE SOMEWHERE ???!!IT´S ALL A QUESTION OF WHAT % REMAINS AFTER ALL IS SAID & DONE?? ALL THE BEST OF REGARDS OLAFF

March 17, 2008 at 11:18 PM  

Dear Anon: Life's tough, it's tougher if you're stupid. Olaff, I wrote this morning with the extreme optimism of an incredible spring morning, but I can never let optimism fade. The news this morning showed the successes in Iraq. It was heartening. The BBC was more guarded about hope, as are the Iraqis in general, with good cause. The current government has not proven themselves very effective in eliminating the sources of evil, but the real leadership has risen from the areas where AQ thought they controlled with terror. The people rebelled and are winning (AQ and the Taliban are attempting the same tactics in Pakistan and Afghanistan effectively tying their own hangmans noose, but so many suffer in the meantime). Where Iraq is going to get the leadership needed to encompass the whole of Iraq, I don't know, there are too many agendas and not enough focus. It certainly will be a long road, there's no denying, and even longer if the elections here, put people in office that are willing to see it all flushed down the toilet. Your own British troops have been phenomenal by the way. A rowdy bunch and I have much respect for them. Wish I could meet you and NIW in England. It would be a great experience : ) Regards, Solo

March 18, 2008 at 1:03 AM  

I'm looking for women who want to communicate cross culturally to change the world in a positive way. If you are interested, Neurotic, check out built-on-a-woman.com.

March 18, 2008 at 1:46 AM  

SOLO M´E Ó´LE MATE NO PROBLEM :)IF NEUROTICA ORGANISES A MEETING FOR ALL; IN A LUVLY LOCAL PUB NEAR OUR OWN BRITISH COMMONWEALTH INST. JUST OFF KENSINGTON HIGH ST. LONDON W8; AT SOME POINT IN THE FUTURE IT SHALL BE AN ABSOLUTE DELIGHT:) MEETING ALL PROGRESSIVE BROAD MINDED IRAQIS INTERESTED IN BUILDING A VISION AKIN TO OUR OWN SIR T.E.LAWRENCE´S A 100 years ago thereabouts INSTILLING & LAYING THE FOUNDATION FOR A FLOURISHING BUSINESS FREE ENTERPRISE SOCIAL STRUCTURE RIGHT ACCROSS THE ARABIAN PENNINSULA FROM IRAQ TO YEMEN ALL INCLUSIVE & HIS BOOK "THE 7 PILLARS OF WISDOM " :-THE ANGLO-ARABIAN PENNINSULA PART OF THE BRITISH COMMONWEALTH & ALL THE EDUCATIONAL & CULTURAL INSTS. WITHIN MUCH LIKE THE TRUCIAL STAES OF OLD PRE 60s & THE UNITED ARAB EMIRATES OF TODAY :-ABU-DHABI & DUBAI OPEN FOR BUSINESS A VISION THAT SHOULD BY RIGHTS INCLUDE IRAQ:) ALL THE BEST MATEYS & LOADS OF THE KINDEST REGARDS TO ALL & FONDEST GREETINGS TO OUR LOVELY NEUROTICA ;CHEERS WWW.bfbs.com." YOURS AS ALWAYS OLAFF:)

March 18, 2008 at 5:41 AM  

"communicate cross culturally to change" - shellee


Communication is the only defining characteristic worth living for. Aesthetic compromise is now justified through planned intervention. The Corporate state of idea and individual freedom revolves around a quick fix comfort embargo with a restless population consuming repressed sexuality. Maybe it is the Endocrinology report from the latest batch of corporate royalty. Maybe it's the trans gendered imposter's robbing natures Casino and providing genius through "Medicine" where classical conditioning was once the beauty of our Freedom. Hell Prohibition was just an excuse to allow more junkies into a behavioral modeling conglomerative for institutionalizing the middle class outside of correctional facilities. A state of chemical human hybrid outside of State Government. Like one is necessary without subsequent pay decrease denoting physical foothold in the biologically(Hormonally) enhanced corporate ladder. Exalt the chemical hermaphrodite may long shall it waste our Earth.

March 18, 2008 at 2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home