Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape neurotic Iraqi wife: To Tease or Not To Tease...

neurotic Iraqi wife

February 24, 2008

To Tease or Not To Tease...

Im writing this post (I know I shouldnt be doing it at work, but...) out of sheer boredom. Im at work, its 1430 and Im already done with my tasks (maybe I should stop being efficient) so here I am sitting staring at the screen counting down the five hours remaining until I go to my room. Visited every website I can find for shoes, must have scoured tens of thousands of them already, yeah Ive told you before, I AM A CERTIFIED SHOE ADDICT. Maybe they should start courses at universities just for shoes. I would be the first one to enroll, hehe.

Im supposed to be researching for our next vacation which most probably will be sometime in April. Our Four year anniversary is sometime in that month, so we were thinking of either spending it with family or going somewhere new for a few days. That WAS the plan a few weeks ago. But with HUBBY, there is no such word as “Plan” in his dictionary, no sireee. Here are some of the conversations we had regarding the subject.

Conversation #1 (A few weeks ago)
Me: Umm HUBBY, I need to give in my R&R request to have it approved. When do you wanna go?
HUBBY: Upto you sweetie
Me: Ok, how about April?
HUBBY: Upto you sweetie

Ok, now when someone tells you its upto you, you take it as IT IS UPTO YOU, right?

Conversation #2 (A week ago)
Me: K HUBBY, now that we agreed on the dates, where do you wanna go this time?
HUBBY: When did we agree on the dates?
Me (Rolling my eyes while chatting with him): Last week, remember? You said its ok if we leave in April.
HUBBY: Hmm, Im not sure honey, I need to see whether my coworker will be here
Me: Fine, find out for me and tell me. But where do you wanna go this trip?
HUBBY: How about Greece and Cypress?
Me: Oh that’s nice, ok, a week there and the rest in AD with my family
HUBBY: Yeah, sounds good

There I go researching flights, hotels, things to do etc…

Conversation #3 (A few days ago)
Me (utterly excited): Hey HUBBY, guess what, we’re gonna have so much fun in Greece, the weather is perfect at that time. Im soooooooo excited
HUBBY: Who is going to Greece???
Me: HUH? WE ARE!!!
HUBBY: When?
Me: OH MY DEAR GOD, ON OUR FRIGGIN ANNIVERSARY!!!
HUBBY: Anniversary? Isnt that in April???

And so the saga continues…Why do I even bother. I know he does it on purpose to tease the hell outta me. He does that all the time just like the other day. I call him up on Friday and as usual, took me ages before I was able to get through. And when I did:


Me: Hi Habeeby, are you ok? Any fireworks at your end?
HUBBY: Hi sweetie, yeah we did have a few earlier.
Me: But youre ok thank god
HUBBY: Yeah Im fine don’t worry, how about you? Where are you?
Me: Im in the room, Im taking the day off again
HUBBY: Oh yeah (says it with a cheeky tone)
Me: Aha, I just wanna relax and do nothing
HUBBY: So what you doing right now?
Me: Im in bed
HUBBY: You dressed?
Me: Nope
HUBBY: I cant hear you
Me: NO, Im not Dressed!!! (I repeat with abit of a high voice)
HUBBY: I still cant hear you, geez the lines are so bad, can you talk abit more louder
Me: NOOOOOOOOOO I AM NOT DRESSED (saying it with the loudest crescendo of a voice that I had)


Until I realized HUBBY was chuckling in the background!!! AND I THE FOOL FELL FOR IT!!! I was soooooo ready to strangle him had he been infront of me. But you still love me don’t you? He asks still chuckling…You’d think Id learn his antics after all these years, but I fall for it every single time. That’s one of the many attributes I love about him, his light heartedness and his constant teasing. I guess it balances out my seriousness and short temper especially in this Twalled prison.

So, do YOU have that tease effect or does your other half have it? Hmmm, To Tease or Not to Tease…
posted by neurotic_wife at 1:30 PM

14 Comments:

Sure we tease each other.
We have teasing rituals that are part of our seduction.
But also I tease when I know that it bothers him (he does the same to me).
We know how to push each other's buttons, for "better or for worse."

February 24, 2008 at 6:20 PM  

You're relationship sounds conceptual. You're asking a question you already have the answer for. I understand you want children dropped off that aren't street orphans? Children now-a-days are totally to die for,...no really, what a drug induced sub-conscious crock of shit. Apparently kids are so damned, be it damned...we damn ourselves years ahead of schedule with "Children" in order to survive their onslaught of mayhem. Unfortunately Mayhem is a self inclined production and if you are not careful you may use good people incorrectly.


This is from the office of Junkies.

I don't like it when people get caught up in being abusive that they start lying to make a structure similar to a jail
(3:06:26 PM): they instantly start building jail like heroin addicts do to ensure they get high?
(3:11:14 PM): junkies get needy and start building a structure like jail
(3:11:23 PM): for reassurance they build jail
(3:11:35 PM): they use addiction to close their minds and maintain jail like boundaries ensuring dope

February 24, 2008 at 10:13 PM  

From the office of Crap, enjoy



A(3:27:32 PM): its not drugs they
crying baby

A (3:33:32 PM): how old are you now?

B (3:33:41 PM): XX in march

A (3:33:50 PM): exactly

A (3:34:24 PM): I'm OO yr old tragedy case in the prison of the crying baby that isn't mine

B (3:34:35 PM): whos the crying baby

A(3:35:00 PM): anyone that is living in emotional depth outside of reality making entertain the sour fuck

A (3:35:13 PM): Making me entertain the sour fuck

February 24, 2008 at 10:44 PM  

If teasing causes anxiety and pain, it's just plain mean and sadistic.

February 25, 2008 at 4:21 AM  

Seraphine, thats nice. I like that. I tease HUBBY too at times, but I think he is better at it...

EM, I can never understand what you're saying...

Anon, yeah I totally agree

February 25, 2008 at 5:55 AM  

Teasing is great fun but for a wife it can be a bit scary as it means he knows EXACTLY how you think which does not always play out in your favour....maybe you shoulds surprise him sometime !
On an ann. holiday would be a good time.

Angela

February 25, 2008 at 10:36 AM  

Thanks for posting NW, I really enjoy reading your blog!

February 25, 2008 at 11:40 AM  

NIW,

My DH and I both have a dark, twisted sense of humor. Strangers probably think we hate each other the way we joke in public:

DH: If you die, how long do I have to wait to get remarried?
Me: Well, at least wait until my side of the bed is cold.
DH: How long does that take?
Me: It doesn't matter because I'd haunt you for the rest of your life anyway.
DH: It would be like you never left (looks at me with a mocking lovey-dovey face).
Me: (smile and wink)

So you see, we are perfect for each other. Really, he truly is my best friend :)

Always,
Melanie

February 25, 2008 at 7:10 PM  

TEASE TEASE; BEING THE BEES KNEES;IT´S ALRIGHT SPICING YOUR EVERYDAY CHIT CHAT ;ADDING A LITTLE FLAVOUR & NIGGLY -GOOS ;VENTS OFF SOME EMOTIONAL STEAM ;???TEASE & DREAM WITH EASE :)ABOUT THE LOVELY GREEK ISLES ;CORFU;& LOADS BESIDES HHHMMMMM LAZING ALONG THE BLUE MED.??!!!TEASE BUT LEAVE OUT THE SLEASE ALBEIT IT´S GOOD ENJOYING A BIT OF JOHN CLEESE??!CHEERS LUV:)OLAFF

February 25, 2008 at 10:07 PM  

Do you still flinch when you hear explosions? We were discussing sensitivity were we not? Training each other so we can live outside of selfish needs compels children to do the same...Of course the explosions aren't all they are cracked up to be. Maybe you'll get real rational and exclaim,"I don't like explosions!". Someone once said that tears provide a shadow for evil to hide within. When tears dry up and explosions are tempered and resolute in our children's world. Sound isn't a comfort under night any longer. Then the explosions become tools passing screams over into wakeful romance with escape and the unknown. and baby takes her first step...I know cause you know all of this already...

February 25, 2008 at 11:15 PM  

If you forget what it feels like to be handicapped get the steel toed converse. alright later drunko

February 26, 2008 at 12:09 AM  

Well NIW I'm no longer married so no spouse teasing(though there was plenty at the time). I am well known at work for it though, and just about anywhere else I walk into. Pretty much of a practical joker too as one co-worker found out the other day when I called him up and asked some outrageous(using a heavy country boy accent) questions about signing up for a class. I thought my boss was gonna have some kind of attack, he was laughing so hard. They've learned around there, there's just no telling what I might do or say. I salute your husband for keeping you on your toes ;) Solo

February 26, 2008 at 1:51 PM  

Lol Angela, any ideas?

Thanx Sami...They tend to be broing at times..

That made me smile Melanie..Yeah we do the same too...

Olaff, guess what, change of plans, its no more Greece, its probably US. For now that is...Wonder what he will decide tomorrow ;-)

Solo, there's someone at work who is like that. He is a very good friend of mine and makes all kinds of pranks. Tried some on me once, and umm, he got his ears pulled so he learnt not to ever mess with me...But its fun, adds some life to this semi "morbid" atmosphere

February 26, 2008 at 5:06 PM  

OH NEUROTICA LUV GIVE ME THE MED. ANYTIME OVER THE PACIFIC ??!!& OR ATLANTIC FAIRLY COLD BEACHES ??! ALBEIT OUR OWN ESSEX KENT & S.E. SUSSEX:-BOGNER -REGES;MARGATE; BRIGHTON ;FELIXTOW;NORFOLK & LINCOLNSHIRE ARE ALL GOOD & FINE BUT GREY SKIES & COOL BEACH SEA BREEZES AREN´T SOOOOOOO SOOOOOOOTHING??! & AS SUCH THE MED. BEACHES & SELECTION OF MED. CULTURE ;FOOD & NIGHT LIFE AS MUCH MORE ROMANTIC & A PREF. HOLIDAY AREA!?? THAN PUTTING UP WITH THE AGRO.-ATMOSPHERE OF GANGLAND MILES ACCROSS THE ATLANTIC ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE GLOBE????? SO YES;! THE MED. COAST ANY DAY !IS A MUCH MORE RELAXING HOLS.:)CHEERS LUV ALL THE BEST & KINDEST OF REGARDS OLAFF

February 28, 2008 at 2:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home