Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape neurotic Iraqi wife: A Lockdown Free Friday...

neurotic Iraqi wife

March 27, 2008

A Lockdown Free Friday...

Yup we got hammered again today. I haven’t been myself all day long. Im worried sick about HUBBY. I keep an eye on skype at all times, and if I see the "away" or "Offline" signs, I immeditaely call him to check on him. Yesterday night I kept calling and he wouldnt answer. THAT just freaked me out. I was almost in tears when he finally did answer his damn phone. His excuse "Sorry darling, I forgot it in my room!!!" I gave him a really good piece of my mind then. Men can be soooooooooo friggin insensitive sometimes!!!

HUBBY is by far in a more vulnerable place than mine. I have been telling him to leave but his excuse is “You leave first, then I follow”. Yeah right, I wont fall for that.Two of his fellow coworkers are freaking out and so they may leave very soon. As for here, people have started to resign already. Heck I wont be surprised if people go on R&R and resign from there.

I dunno, I have been here almost three years, but, this feels very different. And I hate to say it out loud but I have a very very bad feeling this time around. I dunno what it is, but its nagging the hell outta me. Weapons used are far more sophisticated and high tech. And the way people are stressing out is stressing MEEEEEEE out. We have been asked to wear our PPE gear at all times when outside the compound. I HATE that stuff!!! I have removed all the protective metal from the vest so I don’t get weighed down. Doesnt serve the purpose but it shuts people up and get them off my back. As for the helmet, I don’t even bother wearing it. I just hang it on my arm for show. But now we have been ORDERED to put the full gear on, UGHHHH…

You can feel the eerie atmosphere all around. Some are opting out to stay in the office during lunch hours just incase they get stuck in the middle of an attack. And those who do go to the dfac can be seen walking at an amazing speed, some even surprised the hell outta me. There are no smiley faces anymore. And when people do try to tell jokes, I find everything so trivial, so stoopid, so meaningless. I have also noticed quite a handful of people squeezing some stress balls. I have started to do the same without even thinking about it. I already screwed one up, three more to go.

My mom called me again today. Before she even said hello, I said “So what is it you saw on the news this time?” Her voice wasn’t the usual. Nothing, she said. Nothing. Just wanted to see if you are ok. Yes mom, Im fine, seriously don’t worry about me. If anything, you should worry about HUBBY. BAAAAAAAAD MOVE!!! Minute I said that, she went off at me, lol. I knew it was coming. Iraqi women, especially the elder ones are known for their bad bad temper and crescendo voice. I held the receiver as far away as I can from my ears, I STILL COULD HEAR HER!!! After a few seconds I heard nothing in the background, I placed the receiver close to my ears again and simply said, OK mom. I also had a few of my Iraqi ex-coworkers who left on the US visa call me to check on me, very sweet of them, I must admit.

Im extremely surprised though that my Iraqi coworkers have actually been coming to work in the past few days, with all the chaos outside. They told me that in many areas all the shops have closed down and there aren’t many people in the streets. At night time they can hear fierce battles going on with gun shuts being fired and mortars being launched.

Every single one of them is saying that this should have happened long time ago. A few also mentioned the fact that they distrust Maliki and his government and this gutsy move is definitely a ploy. I dunno, Im not in the Baghdad streets, so I cant really tell whats going on. Hell I don’t even think the Baghdadi’s themselves know whats going on here. But again, I will re-iterate the fact that Hakeem, Muti, Qaeda and all the other so called militia’s should fight it out, and I pray to god they all get burnt down and sent to hell!!! Wishful thinking I know. As one of my readers, Usama, mentioned in the comments section last post, A lot of people fear that this move is backed by Al Hakeem, ie, Iran. And if Hakeem takes over, then I will definitely forget this place even existed.

Im not in my best of moods. Havent been productive at all. With the Lockdown being announced every other hour, I just cant concentrate. Although today is far better than yesterday. Yesterday was a joke. Every half hour and we had a lockdown. Good thing I didnt dream about it. I have also been thinking that I hate the sirens that go off warning us of an attack. Id rather hear the boom than be warned. Yes weird I know. But that’s how I feel. Anyhow thank God tomorrow is Friday, hopefully I will have my fully waxed legs and can then die stress free :) Its actually a therapeutic exercise, hey, maybe it will help relieve my stress, Yaaaaaaaaay… And lets hope that tomorrow will be free from Lockdowns. Very doubtful, but I can still hope for a nice quiet Friday. A lockdown Free Friday…
posted by neurotic_wife at 4:13 PM

14 Comments:

Regarding the GZ bombing NIW,
I think this is their way of giving the government(who are living in the "fortified" green zone) a taste of what the ordinary people feeling at home. Being bombed, is only one of the worries of the people outside the GZ.
Stay safe for you Hubby and your family, they are the only ones worth dying for.

March 27, 2008 at 6:44 PM  

It's alright, Mr.Bush just gave a speech that the 'Surge' is working, and helping the Iraqi's move ahead economically. It is really to bad, that Iraq has had to suffer from an U.S. President ideology so very void of reality.

March 27, 2008 at 7:13 PM  

get the hell out of there before it is too late.. what good will you be when you are dead? and for what?? is it worth it? you go back when things are safe.

March 27, 2008 at 7:26 PM  

Hahahaha, Jews!... Does the cafeteria have vanilla and apple pie pudding? You can get a job in Hooville.

March 27, 2008 at 7:36 PM  

Hi NIW

I checked your blog today because after I ciphered through the news about Britney Spears and Paris Hilton, I found a news article that there had been bombings in the GZ. I was immediately cncerned for your safety. I'm glad you are OK, but I have to agree with your Mother. can't you just leave until things calm down? I know that sounds stupid coming form someone who has no idea what you go through on a daily basis. But I would rather you be safe than sorry. But I am also happy that you seem to be in good spirits despite the hell you have to live everyday.

WHITEHAWK: I have to say I agree with you the "Cowboy Logic" that George W. tries to force on his nation and Iraq has made a joke out of the US and since he has been President we ARE the most hated country in the world. Way to go Dubya!!!!! 7 months to go before we have another idiot in charge of our country.

March 27, 2008 at 9:20 PM  

HELLO M´E O´LE MATES & LUVLY NEUROTICA "YES SOME PEOPLE DON´T LIKE UNSHAVEN GIRL´S LEGS " BUT PERSONALLY ;I LOVE THE FEEL OF THE SENSUALITY OF SOFT HAIR LEADING FROM THE LEGS UPWARDS ;BUT THEN EACH TO THIER OWN THRILLING TANTALISIND TITTILATING FANTASIES ?! & HEY WHATEVER GRABS YOUR FANCY DARLINGS";ALRIGHT BACK TO THE TOPIC AT HAND & NEUROTICA LUV; YOUR HUBBY; USAMA & SOLO ;ALL HAVE THE RIGHT DIRECTION OF ANALYSIS & AT THE RISK OF REPEATING MYSELF THIS TIME OUR ALLIED FORCES HAVE TO START ALONG THE THIN EDGE OF THE TIMBER & THEN HAMMER HOME & DRIVE THE NAIL INTO THE FREY AN ALL OUT ASSAULT D.DAY LANDING TO RUB OUTTHE AXIS OF EVIL ONCE & FOR ALL & DEPRIVE SUCH SCHEMING STOOGES & IRANIEN PUPPETS AS THE MILITIAS OF ALL COLOURS & SIZES FROM THE OXYGEN OF THIER MAIN MENTOR & PAYMASTER NAMELY THE AXIS OF EVIL ;THAT VINDICTICE SCOURGE OF THE REGION HAS TO BE RUBBED OUT ;OUT OF THE REGION LOCK STOCK & BARELL & THE SOONER THE BETTER ;SO WE NEED FOREWARD LOOKING PEOPLE LIKE USAMA ;SOLO & NEUROTICA & HUBBY TO GATHER THE GOOD FOLK IN THIER MILLIONS TO STAMP OUT THE IRANIENEVIL ALL THE VERY BEST TO YOU MATEYS & NEUROTICA LUV YOU SIMPLY FOLLOW YOUR INSTINCT DARLING & GO FOR ANY STYLISH LOOK YOU LIKE & SO SHOULD THE MILLIONS IN IRAQ & THE ARABIAN PENINNSULA BE ABLE TO DO NAMELY LIVE AS THEY WISH IN AFREE ARABIAN-GULF-ABU-DHABI-DUBAI-LIKE LIFESTYLE PROSPER & THRIVE & AS ONE INSTN.; THE BRITISH COMMONWEALTH GLOBE ROUND ;THE PEOPLES & POPULATION ARE INVITED TO PARTICIPATE & TAKE PART IN ALL SORTS OF CULTURAL EDUCATIONAL & BESINESS FREE ENTERPRISE PROGS. THAT THEY SHALL SURELY FIND OF BENEFIT IN MORE WAYS THAN ONE CHEERS MATES & KINDEST OF REGARDS WWWbfbs.com" YOURS AS ALWAYS OLAFF

March 27, 2008 at 11:45 PM  

I read a research paper the other day(linked in the Acute Politics latest post, 5 years, 1 day) about the link between public critisism, and the increase in violent attacks. It didn't require a Harvard research paper to make that apparent. You can bet al Sadr, Hakeem, AQ, and all of their ilk, pay close attention to politics and public opinion, and when they determine resolve is weakening, they increase the pressure. The MSM lately has ignored Iraq and focused on our American elections. Most of that focus has been the two candidates determined to abandon Iraq. The Mahdi militias are inspired by this, thus the increased attacks on the green zone. Would Iran and al Qaeda, two factions that hate each other, work together? Absolutely and resolutely if it would achieve their common goal of the destruction of Israel and driving the West out of the M.E. Resolve is our most powerful weapon. Use it, don't lose it. Now NIW I hope you have a carefree no lockdown Friday, and everyday, but I bet you look mighty cute in a helmet and armored vest:D Please stay safe, Solo

March 28, 2008 at 2:11 AM  

http://www.shef.ac.uk/marcoms/eview/articles58/robot.html

and we'll use phosphorous for the eyes....Who wants to see a macaroon? Anybody? Anybody? Jesus hand me a coconut, Jesus? Awww shit, Palm Tree Aristocracy. Crazy what you can find while searching Ming the Merciless. Shehab the Rapper, sorted hmmm. Mathos.

March 28, 2008 at 5:56 AM  

thank god you are OK...please stay safe.

March 28, 2008 at 9:40 AM  

God willing these rockets will take you, your hubby, the rest of the collaborators and your occupation masters to the Hell that is waiting for you all.

March 28, 2008 at 11:00 AM  

Hi again NIW, I’m usually have an optimistique outlook on life but the recent security gains that Iraqis have enjoyed (no longer though which was kind of what I was expecting form some time, unfortunately) was one of things that did not make a lot of sense, to me. I believe the power struggle between the main political fractions has got to a new level (the one just before the last!) and is getting more complicated. This phase is due to be settled one way or the other before the end of the year or to be more specific October when the provincial council elections are due. Let’s take them one at a time: the Kurdish leadership wants to wrap up any loose ends (Kirkuk mainly) ASAP and timing that up with the provincial council elections is an excellent opportunity to get Kirkuk once and for all and they are ready to do “anything” to get it and coincidentally any further chaos in the central and southern parts of Iraq is of great advantage to them, obviously and I’m sure they won’t be just watching things go down hill if you know what I mean!. On the Shiites camp side, things are more complicated. I mentioned in my comment on your last post that Al Maliki has finally made the decision that it’s about time to settle the inter-shiite power struggle and openly stand up to Muti to further establish a more permanent alliance with the Supreme Council of the Islamic Revolution in Iraq (SCIRI a.k.a. Al Hakeem party) now that his bosses in Tehran have seemingly managed to neutralize Muti which was so far the biggest threat to the dominance of Tehran’s two main traditional allies in Iraq Al Dawa party and the SCIRI. The timing is perfect; Muti is now cornered big time thanks to the Iranian influence. He is in Qum studying hard for his Ph.D. to become Ayatollah and has been disconnected from his vast base of supporters whom are now confused about their role in the future of Iraq. They have been so far at odds with the Americans and the rest of the Shiite population who support the two main political parties. Their leader is away busy with his studies and the way things are going, it does not look promising to them especially with the obvious intent to dissolve them before the October elections. This is where the danger is on the short term. If Al Dawa and SCIRI fail to contain this vast base of Muti supporters rather quickly, we’ll see some very violent days to come and no one can predict where and how far the damages can go but on the long run, I expect them (the Mahdi Army) to lose faced with lack of leadership and expected lack of Iranian support to them. On another note, Iran has proven yet again that they are the ones who are pulling the strings in Iraq, good for them. They managed to make the best of what happened so far and are working with admirable efficiency to secure their interests. The Sunnis have proved to be a big failure, politically. Their political representatives are short sighted and have lost the support of the people who elected them especially with the rise of the awakening councils. They are the least organized and will pay for that sooner rather than later and the price, this time, is going to be very pricey. We may see an inter-Sunni struggle before long between the Sunni political parties and their militias and the awakening councils.

Finally, this phase of power struggle in Iraq is the one before the last and big one with the latter being the struggle for the oil money which is not going to be far away once the October elections takes place and my guess is that the Dawa and SCIRI will be the victors considering the reasons outlined above.

Usama-Vancouver

March 28, 2008 at 2:09 PM  

AS INTERESTING AS YOUR ANALYSIS MAY BE; & YOUR OBJECTIVE ???! PRAISING OF THE AXISOF EVIL IRAN USING THE SITUATION TO IT´S ADVANTAGE !? DON´T THINK THAT THESE STOOGESB PUPPETS LARGE FACTIONS OF IRAN ARE ANYTHING TO CELEBRATE IN ANY FORM OR FASHION ?THEY SHALL HAVE TO OBEY THIER HIDIUOS SINNISTER VINDICTIVE MASTERS IN IRAN ;INTENT ON NOTHING OTHER THAN SEWING THE SEEDS OF DESTRUCTION OF THE REGION UNDER THE GUISE OF THIS OR THAT ?? & THERE ARE ENOUGH PUPPETS TO ASSIST THEM AS YOU HAVE MENTIONED ;THESE 2 LARGE FACTIONS;IT DOESN´T SAY MUCH FOR THIER PATRIOTIC DIGNITY BOWING THEMSELVES & BENDING BACKWARDS TO PLEASE SOMEONE ELSE!!!! WHO IS NOT INTERESTED IN THIER WELFARE ON THE CONTRARY THEY INTERESTED IN HUMILIATING & SUBDUING THE REGION??!!YOU MAY REVEL TAKING DELIGHT MAYBE???!!! IN EXPLAINING THE DEMISE OF THE REST OF THE FACTIONS WHO MAY HAVE STOOD UP TO THE EVIL; & THAT THEY ARE A NEGLIGIBLE GOOD FOR NOTHING LOT;BUT ONE WAY OR ANOTHER THE LOSS SHALL BE MEASURED IN PEOPLE´S LOSS OF FREEDOM & LEADING A LIBERAL FREE ENTERPRISING LIVES SEMI-ARABIAN-GULF-ABU-DHABI- DUBAI-BUSINESS -BOOM ENVIRONMENT;SO DECIPHER & EXPLAIN AWAY WHAT FACTION HAS EXCELLED WHERE & THE FACTIONS THAT HAVE DISMALLY FAILED TO RALLY ROUND A POWER BASE ?? BUT AFTER ALL IS SAID & DONE THE AXIS OF EVIL & IT´S MANEUVERING IN LEBANON & IRAQ & OTHER PLACES IN THE REGION SHALL FIND THAT THE HARDWARE & VARIOUS INVESTMENTS MADE BY OUR ALLIEDFORCES ;NATO & INTERESTED PARTIES SHAN´T BE EVAPORATING FROM THE REGION ANYTIME SOON .PLUS THERE ARE LOADS OF NEIGHBOURS WITH REAL MUSCLE LEAST OFWHICH NATO ALLY TURKEY WHICH WILL NOT HESITATE TO ACT UNDER DEFINITE CIRCUMSTANSES SO YOU MAY QUOTE THIS KIRKUK BUSINESS BUT THERE ARE ALL SORTS OF PEOPLE COUNTRIES THAT HAVE NOT MADE A MOVE YET?? & MAY YET DO ;!SHOULD THEY FIND THIER ETHNIC BRETHREN & INTERESTS JEOPARDISED BY ANY MOVE GRAB THAT THEY DEEM TO THIER DISADVANTAGE & THEY DO HAVE MUSCLE IN MORE WAYS THAN ONE THAT IS BESIDES OUR ALLIED FORCES IN THE REGION.

March 29, 2008 at 4:56 AM  

Olaff, I was not trying to praise Iran. I'm as far away form that as one can imagine. All what I was trying to do was to draw the readers attention to the way Iran is functioning and how organized and thorough they are which is why they are so successful in causing the biggest harm and damage to the Iraq and ordinary Iraqi's lives. Turkey won’t be able to intervene in Iraq without a good reason and being a member of the NATO is more restrictive to them than being an advantage since NATO members may very well have a different agenda if Kurds try to declare independence. Let’s not forget that Turkey won’t be able to do anything without US blessing no matter what they say. The US is using the Kurds and Turkey against each other to keep them both in check. The last thing the US wants to have now is any deterioration of the security in the North of Iraq, the only peaceful place left in Iraq. Arabs have not and will not do anything until the violence start spilling out of Iraq to their grounds because of the deep mistrust of the Shiite government and the last stance of the Iraqi government in the Arab Inter-Parliamentary Union conference just served to confirm these suspicions (for those of you who are not aware of what happened, the representative of the Iraqi Parliament have objected to the inclusion of a clause in the closing speech that calls for Iran to withdraw from the three occupied islands which was in clear support of the Iranian position and another example how far the Iranian influence has gone). Cheers, Usama.

March 29, 2008 at 9:25 AM  

HELLO USAMA YOU´RE RIGHT & IT IS CLEAR THAT YOUR ANALYSIS; OF THE STOOGES- PUPPET -SO CALLED OFFICIALS SO CALLED IRAQ REPS. ARE STOOPING SO LOW BENDING BACKWARDS TO SERVE THIER AXISOF EVILIRANIEN MASTERS ;MUCH TO THIER SHAME & INDIGNANT UNDIGNIFIED STANCE THAT HAS NOT GONE AMISS ON THE REST OF THE ARAB DELEGATES FROM EGYPT& SAUDIARABIA & ALL THE REST !SOONER OR LATER THEY SHALL HAVE REPURCUSSIONS & REACTIONS FROM THE REGION ??!!AS AT SOME POINT THEIR MASK SHLL COME OFF & AMERICA & ALL OUR ALLIED NATIONS SHALL SEE IN THE NKED LIGHT OF DAY THE STAND POINT THESE STOOGE-PUPPETS HAVE TAKEN & INFACT THEY RUN AGAINST ALL THE DECENT NORM OF GOVERNANCE & COUNTER TO ALL OUR ALLIED´S INTERESTS. USAMA MATE IT IS GOOD FOR YOU TO HIGLIGHT & BRING FORTH YOUR EXPLANATION TO SHINE A LIGHT ON THE DISMAL SITUATION AT HAND & MAYBE STRIKE A CORD WITH SOME OF OUR OFFICIALS WITHIN OUR ALLIED FORCES TO TAKE ACTION AGAINST THAT TREACHEROUS ;SO CALLED OFFICIAL LOT IN IRAQ & SEE THEM FOR THE HYPPOCRATES THAT THEY REALLY ARE ; IN FULL COLLABORATION ALONGSIDE THEAXIS OF EVILIRAN . ALL THE BEST USAMA MATE CHEERS OLAFF

March 30, 2008 at 6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home