Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape neurotic Iraqi wife: The Baghdad Breeze....

neurotic Iraqi wife

October 21, 2005

The Baghdad Breeze....


I aint sure if this blog will get published or not since I have written quite a few in the past few weeks and whenever I hit that Publish button everything goes down the drains, and that just peeved me off. Anyways, Constitution Day was on Saturday and I VOTED, YAAAAAAAAAY. (guess which hand is mine???actually its the one wearing a beige sweater,lol since Im freezing all the time).I didnt think I would be allowed to vote since I havent registered but hey I aint complaining. We went as a group from work, at first we thought we could cast our votes in the convention center in the GZ, but as we got in line, a guy came up to us and asked whether we were members of the National Assembly. We shook our heads, and said no, so apparantely the place was just for VIP's but after 3pm regular people could go in. We decided that it was far much of a hassle to wait and decided to go and vote in one of the schools that was a voting center.

The funny part of this whole experience was when i got the Ballot paper. The lady who tore it off the book said "please put a tick right here" and she was pointing at the YES box. She repeated it again and I thought to myself she shouldnt tell me where to put the tick. I commented about that to one of my colleagues and she said that the lady did the same thing with her. I guess it was over excitement and she didnt mean it in that way. But naturally I voted Yes. And for the second time in my life I felt that my voice counts in my own country. Guess who didnt even bother to cast their vote??? the WOB.

She goes on telling people that she is so politicallt involved, cuz her brother was an ex minister, yet she didnt even bother to make her voice count. Even though I know her point of view about the constitution, she refuses it big time atleast she shoulda voted, since she is so sincere about her country NOT. Just a woman full of air and I cant believe that there are stupid people who believe every word she says. Not only that but she is the biggest rasict. All she talks bout is how the Chalabi and Jaafari brought sold this country to the Iranians and how her brother paved the way for the last elections. In her own infamous words "I told my brother you are the reason behind Jaafari and chalabi's success cuz you paved the way for a safe election day" Jeez I can slap this woman to no end. Im sorry if this is boring but she gets under my skin with her BS and racist remarks to the point where I stopped being nice and started getting pissed off at her face.

At work they are trying to minimise the staff numbers, and apparantely they put her to the end of January. One idiot guy told her about it, she got pissed off and went to HUBBY and blamed him for it. So you know what she did, she went and complained to the big boss who she befriended so she can get her own way. At first I ahd great respect for this Boss, but after knowing how she believes everything WOB tells her, I changed my mind. You should never ever mix friendships with work. Iraq will never be good if people like WOB wants to build it cuz it will be built on corruption and lies!!! I aint sure who she is conspiring against now, its a game and I cant wait to find out. WHATEVER...

Come Wednesday and its Saddam's trial. The GZ was on high alert and we had a couple of mortars showering on us, but I guess we got used to it by now. I took 2 hours off to watch it in my room. I mean this guy is still at it. I loved the judge though, he was too polite and gave too much way for Saddam and his clans. As you all know by now, one of the defense lawyers got kidnapped yesterday and was killed today. I wander how this trial will end. In my opinion I dont want any of those criminals to be executed cuz thats way too easy. I want them to live and see how Iraq will flourish and how things will be much different from when they were in power. Execution is far too simple. I want them tortured, I want them to feel ever scar every burn every shot they inflicted on the millions of Iraqis.

Iraqis differ in opinion. Some say he should be freed, some say he should be executed, and others share my same thoughts. Lets see what happens. As far as work is concerned well it had picked up pace big time. I barely have time to wash my hair. Even Fridays, where its supposed to be our day off, we spend atleast 8 hours in the office. I swear its funny, the other I was walking back to my room late at night, and i got the giggles, cuz it felt like a camp.All we do is go to work, then back to our rooms and ofcourse have our food in the nasty Dfac. You dont feel its Ramadhan around here at all. Its just like any other day. I miss home at these times, I miss my family and and the gatherings we would have at my parents place. Just yesterday, I spoke to my dad and my eyes watered. I miss them ever so much.

Life is ok here, but at times I dont get enough affection from HUBBY. He is just too busy with work and sometimes he forgets that as a woman I need some love and tenderness. I guess its called the Ignored Wife Syndrome. I mentioned that to him yesterday and he got pissed off at me. One thing he lacks is listening, he gets offensive so fast that I guess i should bottle things up which aint my nature. Sometimes he listens and understands other times he gives me the silent treatment and thats the worst part cuz Im alone here, I have no one to talk to and its not in my nature to go to strangers and babble everything. I know its not a normal environment that we live in, I sure do hope that one day once we get to settle down somewhere he will be different, although I doubt that very much but there's no harm in hoping is there.

I better go now cuz HUBBY is waiting for me in the other room, Im exhausted and I cant wait to hit the bed. The weather has become quite chilly all of a sudden and right now I can feel my toes frozen,lol. Thats it for me now, its yet another day and another night right here in the breeze, the Baghdad Breeze.....
posted by neurotic_wife at 7:46 PM

24 Comments:

Good to see a new post. I will have to read it all now. Oh yeah BTW first!

October 21, 2005 at 9:48 PM  

Second :)

Neurotic,
WOB is a loser and if you want some help I will come there and help you slap her! I had trouble posting as well. I was ready to throw the laptop out the window last night! Errrrr!!!

I love reading your post so keep it up! Thank you for this information!

October 21, 2005 at 9:59 PM  

Third!

Anyhoo, nice to see a new post by the NIW. I must say, the NIW has a really positive attitude about the country as compared to a few months ago. I like her idea about Saddam having to watch Iraq grow and prosper democratically, but on the other hand he is a symbol of the Ba'athists and deserves to die. We don't want him to serve like a Napolean on Elba.. What is the spirit of the Iraqis like regarding the constitution and elections coming up? Take care :)

October 21, 2005 at 10:56 PM  

Ok fine let him see progress and then torture him!!! TO DEATH SLOWLY!

You don't want to mess with us ladys now do you dude!

MEN! Sheesh! Clueless I'm tellen ya!

Neurotic,
We can exchange notes :)

See guys you can't get away with nothing! LOL! The best thing is it will only get better for the civalized women of Iraq! As for people like WOB! Who cares they will be begging in the streets!!!

October 22, 2005 at 3:01 AM  

Hey Neurotic,

I've been checking your blog each day since your last post. Wow it is a releive to know you are OK. I hope that WOB get fired soon. To the street, she won't be so immune there..

October 22, 2005 at 11:03 PM  

If hubby gets defensive every time you "confront" him with something you'd like to see change, he has a pride problem. A lot of people do, and not just men. It's a hard thing for a person to see and admit about himself, so it's a hard thing to change. It's almost impossible to have a productive discussion about any subject where you have differing opinions. It's tough to live with someone who has a pride problem. You will have to exercise a lot of patience and forgiveness, unless you enjoy fighting or getting the silent treatment. You can't change him. He has to want to do that himself. But, you can approach him differently. Build him up, and do it honestly. Let him know how much you appreciate his hard work and anything that he does for your benefit. Then, you could tell him how much you enjoy the special times you have together, but how hard it seems to be for the two of you to find time for that with your work schedules. You could suggest trying to set aside a "date" night each week, or whatever idea you can come up with that will allow for some time when you can focus on each other for a few hours and have some fun. Good luck! Stuff like that usually isn't very high up on a man's list of priorities.

October 23, 2005 at 4:43 AM  

Iraqi Wife,
Thanks for writing. I am glad you voted. Our news about Iraq is generally 99% bad news, so it was good to see Iraqis safe and happy during election day.

You guys are living under very stressful circumstances, and I am sure that affects everyone.

Why do most Iraqis say the USA is still an "occupier" of Iraq? I wonder if there is some problem with language translation. Do Iraqis believe that Americans "occupy" Germany (the USA at least 40,000 soldiers in Germany)?

Do Iraqis see any of the hundreds and hundreds of reconstruction projects the USA is completing? Why do Iraqis say that Americans have "done nothing" when we actually have done hundreds of projects?

October 23, 2005 at 4:00 PM  

could it be pride?

I call it arrogance!

Why are liberals in the US lame?

October 23, 2005 at 8:55 PM  

Tenth...

It's really good to hear from you.
You might dip your middle finger
ink purple ink and show "The Bitch from Hell" that you voted.
Take Care and Be Strong.
Don From Dallas

October 24, 2005 at 2:53 PM  

Neurotica, WoB, in addition to be being an ass pimple, is a simple oxygen thief. Blow her off , but carefully. Those kind of butt kissing toads tend to make it tough on the good guys( like you). I liked the purple middle finger idea, though.
Great news on the voting, I know you miss your folks, but think about the neat stories to tell your grandkids.
Hopefully, soon,I'll have some good news of my own to pass along. I can say Mardi Gras is gonna happen! Not even a double dose of Hurricanes is putting us down.
Hang in there, Neurotica, we are all pulling for you. Let's see, the smallest , most graceful hand has to be yours, right? Do I winn anything? :-)

October 26, 2005 at 1:05 AM  

Hi NIW,

It sounds like you are feeling a little better since your last post. Or at least more positive about Iraq?

As for Hubby, perhaps he has too much on his plate right now. It's hard to be "affectionate" when you're tired. Maybe he needs a little space.

Your WOB doesn't post in the blogosphere under the tag "Hurria" does she? They sound a little bit alike.

If you need to talk, we'll be here to listen.

October 26, 2005 at 4:35 PM  

Here is another person that is very glad to hear from you.

Such a pleasure to see your comment here after so long. You've been a lovely inspiration for so many since you came on board with your blog.

Like so many others, I first noticed when you came to IBC. Such an enthusiastic, fiery personality with youth and hope.

You have far outlived the usefulness of that partisan blog.

So wish you the best. Please keep us informed. Continue to tell us how you feel. You are a gauge to this difficult situation. And we need each other.

Elie

October 27, 2005 at 6:20 AM  

It's good to hear from you. I pray God the future is good for Iraq.

November 1, 2005 at 12:56 AM  

Hey NIW, glad to see you back in fighting spirits.

Thanks for the picture! :)
Glad you voted, but I too am concerned about that voting irregularity, it would be a scandal here.
But the beginning steps are also the learning steps.

Forget WOB right now, she is not worth your energy, seriously.

Another way to look at this might be: Hubby must work with her, maybe having to back you up about her is exhausting him as he must maintain a working relationship with her. If his true feelings are of not liking her show through, then the job and situation could be way worse, no? Some people simply thrive on discourse - best not to feed them.

Try not to let her invade your personal time together as husband and wife. Don't give her this much 'importance' over you. I agree with the commenter above, vent here instead.

Take care NIW and Hubby.

November 16, 2005 at 2:55 AM  

Dear NIW-
I LOVE your blog and plan to be a regular reader. Keep your spirits up!

November 16, 2005 at 4:08 PM  

Iraqi Wife,
Are you OK? I cannot imagine 50 people attending a funeral being murdered. Or 80 people attending a mosque. Or 20 people shopping. Or 10 people staying in a hotel.

Are attitudes changing about this in Iraq? Do the people who supported terrorist attacks still support them? I.e. does the "Muslim Scholars" association condemn these attacks?

What do people think about the US presence? Are people seeing improvements in the Iraqi security forces? (They seem to be doing much better according to our soldiers who work with them.)

November 20, 2005 at 4:55 PM  

i love your blog.
you are a window to reality and life in baghdad.
thank you,
Dry Bones
Israel's political comic strip since 1973

December 5, 2005 at 12:13 PM  

You have the prettiest purple finger...lol Hope you can post more often.

December 12, 2005 at 12:30 AM  

bella neurotica, how are you doing? it's a long time ago i heard from you, and i miss your writings. stay well niw, take care

December 14, 2005 at 10:45 PM  

Hey NHW?! I'm worried now where are you and are things ok?

December 16, 2005 at 4:55 AM  

Hi all,

I am a friend of NIF and she doesn't have access to an internet connection. Her mother is dying and she went to her town to take care of her.

She will be returning by the end of the month.

December 19, 2005 at 1:23 AM  

First visit here....enjoyed reading your post. Came over from Iraq the Model's blog.

That is awesome about you voting. Understand the different opinions about Saddam's punishment. Take care of yourself...

Our family is so excited for you and your country. (smiling) God Bless you!!!

December 19, 2005 at 7:43 PM  

Thank you for giving us this information Dr.Saif and NIW my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time.

December 20, 2005 at 4:27 AM  

ohh. i am so sorry! but thanks Saif. i'll keep an eye on the blog.

December 20, 2005 at 1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home