Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape neurotic Iraqi wife: A Moment of Love.....

neurotic Iraqi wife

May 05, 2005

A Moment of Love.....

Got back last night from our ten day vacation. Went to Cairo, Sharm El Sheikh and Jordan. Cairo I absolutely loved. I've been there before so I know what its like, HUBBY on the other hand didnt like it much. He enjoyed the Pyramids but apart from that he wasnt too impressed with the Egyptians. This time they didnt give me much hassle at the airport, thank God for that. HUBBY is safely back in the Green Zone, and am still waiting for the OK from Baghdad....

The day the tourists got killed in Cairo, we were stuck in the museum. It was our last day in Egypt and HUBBY wanted to see the mummies. After spending an hour and ahalf roaming about and checking out the gruesome looking mummies, we started heading for the exit. I could see crowds and crowds of people being shoved away. Then the security guards gathered together and told us to go back deep inside, no one can leave the museum. I could see the fear starting to show on the tourists faces. French, American, Brits, Japanese and many more began to question the guards but no one said anything. All they did was make signs with their hands that we all should stand way back in. A woman began screaming and shouting at the guard. HUBBY just walked off, found a corner and sat there. I on the otherhand was real curious as to why we arent allowed out.

I was afraid of having one of my panic attacks, so I stood next to the glass wall, waiting for any word. An hour later "ibleeeez, everyone, ibleeeez calmee down, zeer iz nossing, its juste a small car accident eet eeez nossing, ibleeez" said one of the museum officials. A car accident my A**. They wouldnt react in that manner if it was just a car accident. Another hour passed and I began breathing pretty heavily. The place became claustrophobic, filled with panicy people pushing and shoving. Then out of no where I saw tour guides raising their hands up and telling their group to follow them. I rushed to HUBBY and dragged him alongside. We pushed and shoved and found ourselves in the open air at long last.

As I was going down the steps, the policeman stopped me, asked" where are you going" I said am going out,with my husband. He looked at HUBBY and told him with a rude voice"come back here" HUBBY who never ever gets angry or screams, shouted so loud I thought that is it, we're going to prison. To save the situation, I took my British passport out, waved it at the police's face, and told him "Im a British citizen, and I demand to leave this place" You can see sweat dripping from the policeman's forehead, I spoke to him in Arabic and said, is it because Im an Arab you treat us second class citizens???I hold a British passport, will that give me priority??? He smiled, but you can see the fear in his eyes, then he said clamly"please madam, we dont differentiate, we do this for your safety, but if you wanna go, you can go, just dont tell the guards you dont have a tour bus waiting for you".

We left the place, I lit a cigarette with my hands shaking, shaking from anger and disgust. HUBBY smiled and told me its not worth it. Half an hour later, my mom called, asking if we were ok, what happened I asked, she said its breaking news, there was a suicide explosion near the museum. Hmm, I guess, we survived. Had we left earlier, Im not so sure I would be here today. I still am angry though at the way we got treated...

Unfortunately I didnt have much time to surprise HUBBY by getting a ribbon and wrapping it around me for our anniversary gift, but HUBBY did manage to get me 2 beautiful paintings done on the Papyrus. We bargained so badly that the young boy gave up and gave us the second for free,lol. Way to go HUBBY....

Our Anniversary was spent inside the pyramids. I really didnt wanna go, but HUBBY insisted. We had to hunch our backs and climb 35 meters until we reach a room thats absolutely empty,lol. Tour guides arent allowed in, so HUBBY and I just started making our own stories about these exact steps, and there, right in the middle of the staircase, HUBBY pulled me close to him and kissed me full on the lips, just like the movies. He looked into my eyes in the total darkness that surrounded us and whispered "remember this kiss, our anniversary kiss inside the pyramids, This Is A Moment"

And so it WAS a moment, a moment of utter bliss, a moment of unexpected emotions, A Moment Of Love.....
posted by neurotic_wife at 4:53 PM

4 Comments:

The perfect kiss. :-)

May 5, 2005 at 9:49 PM  

I'm so glad you weren't hurt, but what a story! You guys are definitely having interesting vacations!

Here's hoping the news from Baghdad comes soon!

May 6, 2005 at 7:41 AM  

As time goes by . . .

Sissy Willis

May 9, 2005 at 6:58 PM  

Your story about being kissed in Khufu's pyramid triggered a more than pleasant memory. Many years ago on a long holiday in Cairo, after spending some time in the company of a beautiful lady I met there, I started to fall in love with her. I thought I could feel that she was developing a deep affection for me, too. As she was becoming very special to me, I wanted our first kiss to be very special, too. So, I planned a trip for us to go to the Khufu and Chephren pyramid complex just outside of Cairo. When we were inside the tomb and it was time to leave I was so nervous because I felt sure everybody knew what I planned to do and more nervous because I wasn't sure what her reaction would be. I waited until all of the other people had left. Then, I gently put my arms around her and kissed her. And she responded! That brief moment was one of the happiest moments in my life. Just pure joy! Later on I wrote this poem and gave it to her.

Khufu's Pyramid
This pyramid was built to hold
The body of a king.
A kiss exchanged in it foretold
A more immortal thing.

May 10, 2005 at 11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home