Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape neurotic Iraqi wife: A Lonely Cave.....

neurotic Iraqi wife

April 13, 2005

A Lonely Cave.....

I have finally gotten my itiniery. Ill be leaving to DC on the 1st of May then a week later I'll be in Baghdad. Im getting abit agitated as its taking a real long time. Ive been to Washington 10 years ago. And to be honest I didnt like it that much. It was 1995 when my parents decided to take me and my younger sister to the States.

It was the first time for all of us to visit the USA. I was so damn excited. My Dad planned to take us all over. It was one of the most fun vacations I ever had. We went to California, and I just had a blast in Disney Land. I remember how before I took my sister(6yrs younger) there, I lectured her, that once I say its time to leave, we LEAVE. No crying, no pleading. And guess who stayed longer than expected in that fairy land,lol, non other than myself. It was like reliving my childhood dreams of Mickey and Minnie, Goofy and Donald Duck.

There I was a 20 year old skipping with utter happiness trying to get from one rollercoaster to another. While my sister just follows me in bewilderment. That was LA. Then we were off to Las Vegas where we took a helicopter ride to the Grand Canyon. Wowwwwwww, the view was stunning. Although I wasnt in good shape since helicopter rides make me queazy, I still enjoyed the beautiful scenery. We also went to the Big Apple. Strangely enough I cant remember much about NY except maybe the shopping. After that off to Washington. Hmm, wasnt impressed much. The buildings reminded me so much of London. I hope this time, 10 years later, 10 years older, 10 years wiser, Ill see it in a different light.

Apart from the travel itiniery, I also received instructions on "what not to wear" in Baghdad,lol. Since three quarters of my closet is a NO NO, I had to go shopping. And I sure did shop until I dropped. Though I wasnt successful in finding my pants size. I'm a size 4 in the UK, which is a zero(I presume) in the US. I can never ever find my size here, which is why I never go shopping. I just end up depressed and instead of buying clothes I end up buying what else other than my favourate, SHOESSSSSSSSSSSS. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay...

So am hoping after the briefings in DC Ill have the time to do some shopping and find appropriate pants. One thing Im kind of anxious about is meeting my mother in law. You see I have never met my HUBBY's family. Non of them were able to attend our wedding ceremony, which was decided the last minute. Besides, it was only a sheikh wedding, no party.

Ive spoken to them on the phone, but never met them in person. I wanna meet them yet Im kinda scared. HUBBY told me that if his mom knows Im going to be in DC she will force me to stay with them. Umm, not something I wanna do. I can never stay at other people's houses. I enjoy staying at hotels, having my own space, my own bathroom. I can smoke whenever I want to, I can go for a walk whenever I please. So I guess Ill be calling them a day before I leave DC and if the opportunity arises Ill go and meet the "folkers".....

HUBBY and I havent been talking for a few days now. He got upset about something so silly which kinda surprised me, cuz HUBBY NEVER gets upset, nor does he like arguing. I smell a rat here, not sure why he's acting the way he is. I called him 10 times that night, he ignored my calls. I tried to chat with him on yahoo, he did not respond. At first I was pretty upset but now Im just sad. Sad that its always me who runs after him. Always me who tries to make up. Therefore I decided to leave him alone.

You reach a point where you say ENOUGH. A point where self pride kicks in. I know there shouldnt be any between a couple, but in this instance there is. There are limits to what you are prepared to do, I did all that I can but instead I got silence. Fair enough, Silence it's gonna be. Cant be bothered anymore.....

It really is true, "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus". I just cant wait for HUBBY to come out from that darn Cave. That Cave is freezing, its cold, its lonely. The outside is warm, sunny and lively.... I take a small peek inside and a chilly breeze swooshes against my cheeks, for a second it makes me shiver, a musty aroma whiffs inside my nostrils, I hold my breath. I let out a small "hello" and instead I hear the echo HELLOLLOLLOLLOLLOOOO stinging my ears. I back out scared, and am standing outside waiting, waiting for HUBBY to leave that darn Cave. For its freezing, its cold and its a Lonely Lonely Cave......
posted by neurotic_wife at 11:15 AM

10 Comments:

Your fault neurotic_wife? How could that be? I am impressed that some bloggers are quick to voice their concern, and also that some other bloggers who do not agree with the apparent ideas and choices of another blogger have defended them. Very chivalrous, as were the bloggers who suspected she might be satyrisng certain other bloggers by choosing comparable template design, gender and location of another blogger still who has blogged bravely, tirelessly, and under much duress.

Could this be the Iraq blogosphere's Washingtonienne? (I won't provide the link here as it may offend, but if anyone were to research the story they'd find an abundance of google search results, having generated a lot of interest). We will have to wait and see. Who is it? And why did Mister Ghost seem so keen to arrange an interview?

If this makes no sense it is probably because men are from venus and women are from mars.

April 13, 2005 at 10:11 PM  

You know, after a little reflection and introspection, I discovered that the ONLY times when I have been seriously peaved about something within my wife's exclusive domain has turned out to be something trivial, even silly. She thought that I was in the cave. Wrong. She thought that I thought that she might be at the well. Wrong. She thought that I was ignoring her. Wrong. Where was I? I don't think she ever figured that out, although she might have had she started REALLY looking earlier. I only realized that my peeve was petty after she found me. :)

April 13, 2005 at 10:20 PM  

Last really big (read not speaking to each other for a fortnight)argument my wife and I had was within 12 months of getting married (now married 21 years). Truth is neither could remember what the initial arguement was about (fair dinkum). Don

April 14, 2005 at 4:19 AM  

Kiddo,you have some mail. Also, I forwarded some catalogues that might be a place to start.

Now, as far as the cave, let it ride. Easier said than done because I tend to do as you do.

Just breathe, Neurotica, step back a little , and the answer you seek will be smiling back at you. You'll know it.

Dave

April 14, 2005 at 4:21 AM  

Brian, I just love it when you correct my spelling. Thanx, I usually do the same for others. You see I never read over what I wrote,I write then I hit that eveil button,PUBLISH....Lol, but thanx for your patience with my bad speeling mistakes, oooops meant spelling ;-)

Oh wow Emigre,now that you mention it, I think I know exactly who you mean...Hmm, pretty suspicious n'est pas?As for MG, I would love it if he can get an interview from whoever that person is,am quite curious...

Hmm anglogermanicamerican, I'd rather he finds me waiting outside than me going inside....

Don,I tell you, its ok for men to joke and tease but NOT ok for their wives to do so....makes me wander at the world and its fairness!!!

Gatorbait, yaaaaaaaaaaaay, saw your email, and loved the sites.Thanx a million. Will reply to u pretty soon...

Scott, lol, noooooooooo, Ill just have to lie a white lie and say came all the way to DC for just 2 days....How abt that???Though I can never keep a straight face when I lie, but Ill try....

April 14, 2005 at 3:51 PM  

I know you would, NIW. I just thought that maybe I could stir some neurotic thoughts, which might in turn allow a fellow who shares my gender to avoid having to learn the lesson you are going to teach him.

April 14, 2005 at 8:45 PM  

That's Our Neurotica!

Sweetie, in a way all this is all like pre-wedding jitters. PERFECTLY NORMAL. Up 'til now, you've had a sort of special Holiday Marriage. Whoa!

But, now you're talking about the real nitty-gritty day-to-day. Not only day-to-day married life, but life in a pretty stressful place.

So, dear girl -- Enjoy those Washington cherry blossoms while you can.

About the in-laws. How about telling the truth? Well, sort of the truth: That you are going to be going to a lot of meetings, don't know your schedule, etc, etc, but would love to meet them for dinner.

April 15, 2005 at 2:47 AM  

Damn, I meant to click the "Preview" button. That garbled last comment was mine.

Love, Tilli

PS -- Maybe your inlaws will surprise you and understand what/why you want to stay in a hotel?!? I've been married for twenty years now, so I can tell you from experience: If you ain't a good liar, don't try it with the inlaws 'cause MaLaw will catch you out and never let you forget it!...

PPS -- I cannot imagine the jitters Hubby must be goin' through. He probably wants to take care of you. He probably knows that he can't control everything that happens. He wants you there with him. He loves you. He's proud of you. He's got a lot of confidence in you. But, he's also probably thinkin': Oh, what have I done?

PPPS -- shopping. You're probably a "2". You might have to shop in the "Junior" or "Petite" section. Lots of cool shops (plus standards like The Gap, etc) in Georgetown.

April 15, 2005 at 3:03 AM  

I'm so glad you're coming to the US! I'm sure you will have a great time. If you stay at a hotel, ask for the smoking section cuz smoking is the new ultimate no-no in the states.

And if you're petite, try talbots.com. I buy from them and like their clothes a lot.

April 16, 2005 at 6:51 PM  

came here strangely searching for executive job search uk

to my suprise your here.

Good blog maybe you should add some executive job search uk stuff on it might top your rankings, also when u search for executive job search uk on this other search engine it dont show?

Maybe you should add it executive job search uk

executive job search uk

October 16, 2005 at 9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home