Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape neurotic Iraqi wife: The Mummies of Egypt......

neurotic Iraqi wife

April 24, 2005

The Mummies of Egypt......

A few more hours and I'll be on that plane, off to sunny egypt. Havent packed my bag yet, everytime I throw in a top I say "Its time for that cigarette break" and the break turns out to be more of an hour or so.....So here Im writing my post during my break,lol...

Im in a huge dillema. I have no clue what to get HUBBY for our first anniversary. Wanted something naughty and silly but there's no such thing here. I ended up buying one of those sarcastic cards but thats as far as it went. I searched on the net and found that the first year wedding anniversary gift should be paper, so great atleast I wont go wrong with the card,hehe.

Am looking forward to seeing HUBBY again. Its been a month and a half since I last saw him, which aint bad. Last year it was real difficult for me, each month that passed was more like a year, but now am getting used to it. Am not sure if this is a good sign or not, but I guess its all part of the growing process, and I also believe that knowing Ill be joining him in Iraq pretty soon makes me more relaxed. As far as Iraq is concerned the papers arent out yet. Bloody hell, if I had applied to the moon I probably woulda been there by now....

One thing Im kinda not looking forward to in Egypt is the airport and the passport control. When I went there last year with my sister, they made us wait 2 whole hours until they gave us our passports back. Bear in mind I hold a British passport but because the words "Born in Baghdad" is written down, they gave me hell. I dunno what to make of it. During Saddam's time we used to get hassled and during this time we still get hassled, when will "Born in Baghdad" be something good for other countries???

Its not only Egypt, its everywhere in the Middle East. Ironic no??? I woulda thought people would sympathise with us and be of better assistance for all the tyrant years we had endured. Instead they treat us like S***. Why??? Cuz their hero is sitting in a cell all alone....Thats the mentality we have to deal with. Whenever Im asked where I come from and the words Iraq pop out proudly from my lips, I hear gasps..."OOOOOOOOOH nooooooo, Iraq???What a tragedy thats happening in Iraq right now. Look at what the Americans are doing, its all a conspiracy, Saddam was a good man" and on they go idolising that idiot.

Hmm, these words just tear my insides to shreds and I just wanna gag. Usually I answer back with anger and fury but after a million times of trying to explain to them what really Saddam was like, I realised that no matter how much I talk, their small minds arent capable of grasping the truth so I just sit down relax, smile and say "Oh well, Im glad he's gone to history's trash can"

Well Im sad to say this, but my cigarette break is over, and I think its time for me to do that packing. Hope I'll find everyone well once I come back. As for now Im psyching myself up for those Mummies......The Mummies of Egypt....
posted by neurotic_wife at 10:51 AM

10 Comments:

Hmmm, since first anniversary is paper, this is what I suggest:

Wrap your cute little self in paper, stick a bow on your head and -- voila!!!

Love, Tilli

PS -- One thing we can all agree on, dear Neurotica is that your life will never ever be dull.

All the best to you and Hubby.

April 25, 2005 at 12:33 AM  

Brian h, oooh -- ick!

Neurotica! Adding to the list of photo poses that
The NIW Posse requests: (e) Walk like an Egyptian hieroglyphics pose.

-- Tilli

April 25, 2005 at 3:45 AM  

have fun on your vacation!! I know it is hard for you but there are literally tens of thousands of Americans who are leaving our families and our lives and serving in Iraq just like your brave hubbie- and many of us spend a year or more away so just remember it could be worse. I myself just came back from Officer School in the US Air Force. at least I have your blog to read to give me a good laugh every once in a while. keep writing!! :)

April 27, 2005 at 12:05 AM  

Hope you have a great trip.

I can't imagine what it's like to have to put up with pinheads idolizing the Butcher of Baghdad. Have you seen the bit about the 7 rules of the A.P.U. over at Egyptian Sandmonkey? I'm guessing that Saddam apologism has to stem from that worldview in many ways.

He's gone now, and you will have your country back.

Hey Tilly, did you get the name Neurotica from the title of the song by the Canadian rock band Rush?

April 27, 2005 at 9:02 AM  

Trust me, not all of us think that same way!

Hope you are having fun!

April 27, 2005 at 2:24 PM  

No, I did NOT get "Neurotica" from the band Rush!

Ick.

It's from a Dutch punk band I was in in early 80s called "Neurotica Brigade" (pronounced in dutch-german rather than American way)

-- T

April 28, 2005 at 2:37 AM  

"Ick"?!

Ohhh, you were in a PUNK band. In Europe. That explains it. :þ

:D

*wanders out of comments thread, whistling Close To The Edge*

April 28, 2005 at 6:17 AM  

Ever wonder who actually built those pyramids in Egypt - isn't really hard to figure out - I'm sure you can, or perhaps you already know. Have fun in the sun!

Joanne

April 29, 2005 at 6:57 AM  

I second that wrap your cute little self in paper idea. Happy anniversary! From someone neurotic and married 30 years (already) I say hang in there gal. go the distance. it really is worth it.
k

May 4, 2005 at 4:28 AM  

I second that wrap your cute little self in paper idea. Happy anniversary! From someone neurotic and married 30 years (already) I say hang in there gal. go the distance. it really is worth it.
k

May 4, 2005 at 4:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home