Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape neurotic Iraqi wife: Can It Get Any Better???

neurotic Iraqi wife

November 06, 2004

Can It Get Any Better???

I had one of those miserable days today. It actually started out all nice and smooth. The cheques HUBBY gave me were finally available in my account. So I went out to the ATM machine and withdrew around 540 dollars(2000 dirhams) so I can buy my brother's voucher, plus other stuff that I need for my vacation. The bank hasnt issued me with debit card so everytime I need something I have to withdraw cash. My sister had told me about a shop in one of the malls that actually gives vouchers for sunglasses, I was relieved that I finally will end up buying my bro's present.

After the ATM machine, I drove to an airlines office, where I can send a PTA for HUBBY for his journey coming here. OMG, the place was swarming with people. There was no place for me to put my feet in. People pushing and shouting, I felt myself as if I was in the middle of a trading ground, just like the NYSE. I was the only lady, everyone else were men, shouting at the agents for tickets, or trying to change their bookings, cuz I guess there are 2 weeks vacation and everyone wants to leave. After waiting in line(and thank god there was one), the man tells me I have been standing in the wrong queue. Say what???Wrong queue??? I have been standing there for the past 30 mins. The poor thing felt bad and made one of the agents help me out. I made my younger sister wait in the car, since the parking lot were cramped with double parking and what have you.....

After another 30 mins, the man tells me I have to come tomorrow, since the internet fare and the fare he has dont match. Shit man, cant do anything in one day here. I could have easily done it on the net, but because its a PTA, I had to do it through the main office. So there I was pushing my way out the door, drove my car again and headed to the other travel agent thats dealing with our Thailand vacation. Now before I continue, the reason why, I want this vacation to be perfect is because its infact our honeymoon. We never got to have a proper one, the 2 days we spent in Dubai, can barely called a honeymoon, therefore I want our vacation in Thailand to be perfect. With the perfect hotels, and the perfect scenery.

As I go in the travel agent, everyone says hello to me, and Im probably sure that they're thinking to themselves"Oh god not her again"lol. I really did give them a hard time. Anyways, I go to the guy thats dealing with my holiday, and he tells me that the hotels I requested are fully booked. I flipped. I gave him a list and all of them are fully booked. I couldnt believe it. So I gave him a few other names. In phuket I wanna stay in a bungalow, you know something romantic, leading directly to the beach. I really aint into the touristic or commercial hotels, I like the unique ones. As he was giving the details to the lady that was doing the bookings on the phone, I made sure that they understood I wanted a bungalow or a cabana. The lady on the line kept insisting that they cant guarantee me a cabana, but they will send a request. That really got on my nerves. I dont wanna go there, and end up in a standard room and be forced to stay there cuz we have paid for it. So I took the phone from the guy and talked to the lady

ME: Please this is our honeymoon and I want a confirmation that we will be staying in a bungalow.
LADY: Im sorry ma'am all I can do is send a request and once you get there if there is availablity then the hotel will deal with it.
ME: You dont understant I dont wanna pay now for something I dont want, and I dont wanna go there, and then they will tell me no vacancy.
LADY: Sorry maam but this is our policy.
(damn this, what shit policy is this that makes the customer pay for something then ends up with something else????)
ME: OK fine, give me the hotels number and I will call them.
Lady: Maam
ME: Please I dont wanna waste your time or mine anymore, just give me their number.

She gave me the number, I dialled thailand and spoke to reservations they told me all the bungalows are fully booked until god knows when, except for the standard rooms. And I aint ineterested in those. So I cancelled this hotel and chose another one, which thank god, did have vacancies for their bungalows... After finally paying for the vacation, I was relieved that I got it out of the way, and that hopefully we will have a great time....

Then I went to the sunglasses shop in the mall. Thank god, they understood exactly what I wanted, and as I was about to pay for the vouchers, I opened my wallet, and you probably guessed, the money disappeared. Gone, nada, zilch, the whole $540(2000 dirhams). I took all the contents on the counter, everything, my whole handbag I emptied out, no money. I couldnt believe it, I swear I just lost it. I took all my stuff, my bag, my wallet, sat on the floor in the middle of the shop, and I started wailing. Literally, crying and wailing, people passing by were staring at me. Umm yeah, Im known in my family to make a scene, I dont really care what people think. I wailed and wailed, the lady from the shop and my sister tried to calm me down, but to no avail. My tears came down like fountains, and my crying noise just became louder. I know its silly, but I couldnt help it, its not just the amount, its the fact that its HUBBY's money which made me feel bad. I mean there he is in a war zone risking his life, and here I am losing his money.....It just sucked

But I guess as my brother and dad said, I probably made one family happy today. Theres no way, I will find it, Im sure I lost it in the first travel agent I went to when I gave him my card. And with all the people that were there, I definitely will never get it back. My mom says it Ramadhan and probably they will return it, but hey I doubt it. That was the end of my miserable day. I didnt get to buy my brother's present yet again.....And the smile I had for finally booking our vacation has long disappeared....

One miserable day for me, and one great one for some lucky guy......Can it get any better????

posted by neurotic_wife at 10:55 PM

4 Comments:

Thanx Danielle and SF for your kind words, I did have a yucky day yesterday, but Im feeling much better today. Although I did get into many fights with the travel agents regarding my damn vacation, UGHHHHHHHH....Why things cant get simpler I have no clue...

I guess the only thing thats keeping me from losing it even more is HUBBY's arrival in 11 days, yaaaaay,lol. dont want him to c a loony wife do I now???Tho maybe thats a great idea, so then he will realise that if he gets to be with me, I will go back to being sane again... ;-)

November 7, 2004 at 12:15 PM  

Oh woww Barbara, thats so sweet. Will you do it at your home place??or are you gonna have it in a special venue??Im sure wherever it will be, you will have a great time. Hope it all goes well.

Dan, well I had to take things into my own hands, I really want HUBBY to have the time of his life after being in a war zone...Have you been to Thailand???Maybe you can give me some advice on where to go...HUBBY was telling me how all his colleagues thought he was crazy going their with me, since apparantely its for single men, hmmmmm, hope I wont end up fighting with HUBBY over there.....But I have an idea of what might be instore, and Im ready for any circumstance,lol....

Josie, Thats exactly what I did. I just said to myself hopefully this money will bring some happiness to someone who really needs it.

November 8, 2004 at 9:55 PM  

It pretty much covers Replica related stuff.

October 11, 2005 at 7:02 PM  

Hi, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

October 19, 2005 at 9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home