Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape neurotic Iraqi wife: Life Is Like A Box Of Chocolates....

neurotic Iraqi wife

October 29, 2004

Life Is Like A Box Of Chocolates....

Wow 3 weeks from today Im gonna be with HUBBY again. I think blogging made things abit easier for me. Not that the yearning or the pain lessened, but it made me realise things about myself that I never knew existed, and also made me get to know many people, maybe not physically but mentally. I also discovered a compassion in many readers which although I never expected, I was delighted to get and so happy to find out that there are people waiting for HUBBY to come back to me as much as I am....

I dont tend to divulge into politics in my blog cuz I believe that every one has their own views and opinions. And in politics, you always end up arguing and trying your best to let the other side see your point as right, but there is no right and wrong, everything is relative. But today I do wanna talk about the American elections, for its gonna affect my country quite abit.I asked HUBBY who would he want for president, he immediately answered neither. I asked my family, some said Bush, others said Kerry, and a few said neither as well. I myself I aint sure, cuz I think they are both as bad as each other. And Im sorry if Im offending anyone, but thats my opinion, and if anyone disagrees then I totally respect that. But I would like to justify my answer with some reasoning. And again, I repeat these are my opinions, and anyone is entitled to disagree.

First and foremost, if Bush does win, I doubt very much that the situation in Iraq will change. For the policies will stay the same, and the damn terrorists will continue their revenge on the innocent people. This administration commited many mistakes right from the start. They did not do their homework well enough before taking the decision of war. They should have planned for the after math much harder than the war itself, cuz it takes years to build something but just one second to destroy it all. I watched as well as the rest of the world, how the Americans guarded the ministry of oil, yet left all the others to be bombed, looted and destroyed. I actually didnt care if the ministry of oil was well secured, I mean Iraqis never ever gained anything from that oil during Saddam's tyrant rule so it aint gonna make a difference really if it gets taken or not. BUT and there's a huge BUT here, if someone says, we care about the Iraqis and we want them to live in peace then atleast you should try and live upto these words. Show the simple Iraqis that you really care, dont just say words, but show them in actions. Dont just stand there watching the museum being looted, or the ministries being swarmed by Iraqi oppurtunists, guard all these buildings, for they are Iraq's treasure, Iraq's possessions, not Saddam's. Dont just stand there when someone is asking for help, and say "I wasnt given orders to do anything like that" For I have heard many stories like that, it may be true, it may be not.

Second, although I am with the process of debaathification, But, not all people who were Baathists were criminals. I dont know the percentage of baathists in Iraq but I can assure you, that its more than half the population. Children in schools were forced to become Baathists, teachers, doctors, professors, scientists, some were threatened others had family members killed, so really not all baathists were criminals. Therefore to cast ALL baathists as criminals was a WRONG WRONG move. You really have to understand the fear those people were living in. Yes it might have been the easy way out, yes they were the elite, but some did it genuinely to save their lives and their families. I myself, sometimes look down on them and want to strangle them but I have to look at things logically, for its easy for me to judge wrongly since I havent lived under Saddam's rule and I dont know how it felt like being constantly living in fear even from your brother. But its not upto me to say this guy is bad or this guy is good, its upto the people who lived there, who knew who was good and who wasnt. And when you do start employing people in the new police force or the army, you should do background checks, to see if any infiltrators are getting in, but then again how would you get hold of these documents, if the Intelligence Offices were looted????See what I mean, how at the time these were only papers and records being looted and burnt but in reality, they symbolise lives of innocent Iraqis that could have been spared........And most importantly once you train those true Iraqis who just want to defend their country and get a living, atleast equip them with the neccesary guns, so they can protect themselves. Why train the poor souls, and then let them wander with no protection what so ever and in the end become easy targets to the animal criminals???Just like that massacre the other day and the one of today and the many others in the past????Why do that??? They deserve to be protected just like how the coalition forces are protected, arent I right???Or are their lives not as important????

Third and in my opinion was the worst mistake anyone can commit, and that was the issue of the borders. When I blamed the Americans for not guarding the borders I got many complaints saying it wasnt America's duty to, its an Iraqi one. Well, in reality, Bush planned for this war, so I expect him to do it right and not leave anything out. You went in to free the Iraqi people you should have known that terrorists from those idiotic neighbouring countries will thrive to come in and show off their "jihadist" muscles. I believe if the borders were guarded many of the problems we have today of suicide bombings and beheadings wouldnt have existed. Or I may be mistaken, cuz Saddam had an iron hold so maybe some Iraqis were waiting for the right moment, I dunno....Didnt Bush say in his famous speech"you are either with us or against us", well he should have used that with the Arab Nations, for in my opinion they were and still are part of Iraq's problems today.....

Now if Kerry wins, I have heard that part of his agenda is to get the troops out of Iraq. Well, what can I say???Im sure everyone who has loved ones deployed and stationed in Iraq cant wait for that day to come. Do I blame them???No way!!!! They have every right to say STOP, I want my husband back or my son back.....Why should those young soldiers pay the price of one person's decisions??? Al Qaeda is still out there operating, Bin Laden is alive and kicking, so has the States become a safer place, cmon, dont insult my intelligence, I doubt it very much. But once those troops leave Iraq, then believe me, the atrocities and the barbaric activities will escalate even more. People will start killing each other, and yes a civil war will break out. Iraqis who have been brainwashed by Saddam, and by religeous fanatics will take the opportunity to slay everyone that says NAY to them. This process is already taking place now.....

Yes Saddam is gone, Thank God for that, but as someone pointed out on one comment in another blog, how ironic it is, that although he is captured, he is the only one in the whole of Iraq with a guaranteed safety of LIFE........

So who to win??? God I have no clue, but if I want to go deep into logic, then I want Bush to win simply cuz I want him to finish what he started, he opened that can of worms when he could have casted an iron fist from the start. I know its a catch 22, cuz if he had done that, then we all were gonna say, look he is torturing Iraqis, he didnt give us peace, then again, when he was lenient and ignored the mischief of Muqtada, the Saddam followers, and the Arab jihadists, you get what we have today, a country in chaos a country with no laws, a country that is spilling blood in every corner, its a no win situation.

I just want my people to live in peace and security, I want Iraq to flourish, We are the richest country in natural resources, we could have been one of the most advanced countries in the world had it not been for that Satan Saddam and his followers. Am I asking for much if I say that I want Iraq to be just like the Emirates and even better??? These people were bedoins, but look at what they have done for their country, its like paradise, and look how they treat their own nationals, all of them are like kings and queens. This is how I want Iraq, this is how I want Iraqis to live.....

I know people would say yes but the atrocities of Saddam were much worse than now, you are better off, I totally agree, but we shouldnt keep comparing about what was then and what is now. Cuz although we thought the mass graves ended with Saddam, we are still seeing them now, and I say it again and again, everything is relative.

Therefore, its exactly like the movie Forest Gump where Tom Hanks said his famous words" Life is like a box of chocolates you never know what you're gonna get" So this election is definitely like a box of BITTER chocolates which would definitely leave a BITTER taste in your mouth, no matter which chocolate you choose to taste....And I really pray that Im wrong, and that by a fluke or a miracle there will be one tasty sweet yummy chocolate truffle that will make all the difference......


posted by neurotic_wife at 1:00 AM

14 Comments:

There is some serious problems currently in the interim government because one of the former ba3thists who was re-instated has turned out to be aiding and providing the terrorists with names, addresse and phone numbers of important iraqi figures. You see this is Iraq's problem... you de-ba3thify you upset people, you dont de ba3thify you upset people, you stand firm and stop thieves and looters people get upset... you are lenient in security and let people steal from the government that stole from them you upset people..... Iraqis sadly have always been good at complaining, and because lets be honest there is not a NATIONAL IRAQI IDENTITY, it is not a nation state but a number of so many different mentalties living in one country and unless people start opening up and respecting each other then the futre looks bleak. I sat down today with an Iraqi doctor here where I live.... I have to say one of the smartest Iraqis I have ever met in my life. I would vote for him in a second.... and i was saddended because his skills and tools are needed by the people of Iraq but Saddam ya kalb ibn siteen kalb oooo kul 7aywan that did business with him. I don't care who they are, any Iraqi that in any way supported hathola il 7aywanat has as much blame for current situation as the many mistakes most of the world did in regards to Iraq.

October 29, 2004 at 1:57 AM  

You are absolutely right Sami, couldnt have said it better. Whatever happens, we will sit and complain, mayi3jibna il 3ajab......Hi mushkilatna il asasiya i7na il 3ira8ieen, bes shinsawee to change this mentality???I dont think theres a solution

October 29, 2004 at 2:02 AM  

dear NW,
i apprecitate your honesty,i am 45 and was very naive
before 9-11,yes an american taking things for granted.
i kinda of new who INSANE man was,but........
when i started following more about what had happened
to us that grey day,you could say i woke up......
i remember in 93 with the trade center bombing,but was
a really dumb blonde back then,embassy bombings ect...
i still don't understand most of it,and trying to
follow along the best i can,and before i forget,yes
you now have the freedom to complain....out loud....
and i thank god i found iraqthemodel this past
April,or i'd be another american doing the dome and
gloom thing over here,and believing the stupid media.
i am so grateful i found all these blogs and american
ones..blogs rule the media will drule!!!!!!
when i saw that statue come down april 9 2003,and
i started yelling at the tv"troops please help them
get that down or someone will get hurt,and they did,
i was so happy,it was called freedom,these people are
feeling what i have known all my life and took for
granted(sorry).i then knew Bush did the right thing.
i cried for you all......happy tears....
Bush has got balls...other presidents knew of osma,
maybe even his dad should have done something,but like
i said,i was too naive then...my brother was sort of
in desert storm...i know,blah,blah blah
i did not vote for Bush in 2000 nor Gore.......
but this year i am voting for Bush......one more thing
to say,my auntie(79)has been a democrat her whole
life and a bit back,she said,what has my party become?
they are full of hate,she said she is voting for BUSH
i was fucking in shock(she is a babtist).
i am so sorry things got ugly over there,but i am SO
glad that INSANE man is gone,and his sons!!!!!!!!
and i love getting to know some of you by the way...
peace
andrea/pajama's/minnesota
ps
i hope you and hubby will be okay!!!!!

October 29, 2004 at 2:52 AM  

If you don't get rid of Saddam, the U.N. and world health organization estimate that 5,000 Iraqi children die every month of completely preventable diseases if it had not been for Saddam stealing their oil-for-food healthcare money. If you do get rid of Saddam, then some children die each month from car bombs planted by terrorists. If you save the oil infrastructure, people complain that you didn't save cultural treasures. If you save the cultural treasures, people complain you didn't preserve the infrastructure of future Iraqi prosperity. If you include the Baathists in your government, you get accused of including deadly infiltrators and murderous spies. If you exclude them, you get accused of alienating the public.


People use problems and complaints as an excuse. They can sit back and criticize anybody who wants to perform any possible activity. But problems exist, have always been around, and will always be around. That never stopped anybody from trying to better their life, and shouldn't.


In reality, problems never really get solved in life; you simply move from one problem set to a different problem set and shift to another and graduate to yet another, until you eventually stumble upon a set of problems that you can live with. The one who really has problems is the one who lacks the will to make a move.

Kenjiro

October 29, 2004 at 4:06 AM  

"""When I blamed the Americans for not guarding the borders I got many complaints saying it wasnt America's duty to, its an Iraqi one"""

Oh, yea? But how? Who'd guard the borders when the army was disbanded by Bremer: The American administrator?????

Anonymous

October 29, 2004 at 5:01 AM  

NW, I have voted for Bush because he will stand firm. Problems develop in war because no one has a script to follow. We expected our troops to be gassed, we expected the Republican Guard to really fight. We did not know Saddam and the Baathists would just melt into the population. We came to liberate the people from Saddam and expected when Iraqis realized they were free they would support us as we helped rebuild your country. I have come to love the many Iraqi bloggers but in truth I expect the Iraqis to show some initiative in this as well. I did not realize that your country seemingly has no desire to come together as a nation under self rule. Perhaps so many years of oppression have subdued you so greatly that you are unable to fight back. Some of the bloggers are actively working toward developing political parties, some are trying their best to educate the readers about Iraqi history, good and bad, and others complain a great deal. I cannot say I would never complain, because I would. However, I know unless I actively pursue my goals, no one else will. This has to become the mindset
of your people. Pick yourself up and go after what you want. If thugs are in your way, you help get rid of them. We are there now to rebuild and to back up Iraqi forces. We do not run the show since you have sovereignty. If Allawi said as has been reported that the Americans were responsible for guarding the new troops after they left the training base, on the way home, I think he is mistaken. Iraqis must assume responsibility and we will back them up. If we bring in more troops, Iraqis will complain about occupiers, if we don't they will complain. I am really looking forward to your elections so that more Iraqis realize
they are now adults, responsible for their lives and their country. We will stand by as parents do as the young adults(Not meant to demean Iraqis, but you are very young yet as free people)begin to spread their wings, pursue their goals and make the decisions for their lives. If asked for advice or assistance, it will be given, but we cannot lead you. Those of you who have bright minds that have been educated must teach those capable of learning who by circumstances were not educated. Iraq has the ability to be great because it is a lovely land with the mountains and the rivers. Its greatest strength is it's people who have such a glorious history as the cradle of civilization. You can do it. Our troops will wipe out the vipers nests in the terroris triangle along with the decent and brave Iraqis who joined the NG out of love for country. Iraq and America will lose more of the brightest and best our countries have to offer. In the Christian Bible there is a verse that says, "No greater love than this, that a man will lay down his life for his brother." We are brothers and sisters with Iraqis and we are counting on the Iraqis to work diligently to rebuild your country and be involved in your governance. I could not vote Kerry because he betrayed our county with the communists and betrayed his fellow military. I do not want to have our troops under the command of one who is as proven traitor to our troops. Yes, I am old enough to recall what he said about my peers who gave their lives in Vietnam. I know of the genocide that followed our troops withdrawal and I pray that does not happen to my Iraqi brothers and sisters, or at 69 should I say sons and daughters.

October 30, 2004 at 1:38 AM  

I thought this was very thoughtful & meaningful reflection on the situation in Iraq. Here's praying for three weeks to flash by, and everything to go well!

As for the presidential choice, I'm voting for Kerry. He says he's going to stick it out in Iraq -- "if you broke it, you fix it" -- and I don't see any reason not to believe him. And he's done his homework. He knows that it's going to take more men on the ground, and more support for them, to do this job. The way the President keeps saying that things are going great there gives me the cold horrors. Things aren't going great.

I really think that President Bush has made such bad blunders that we need to fire him. There are things I don't like about Kerry -- I hate the way he campaigns, for one thing, the way he snatches up any little latest bit of bad news and says it's George Bush's fault -- but I think he's a lot steadier and more consistent than he's been painted. Like you said, with Bush, we'll mostly get more of the same.

But also, as another of your commenters said, the world doesn't end if the wrong guy gets elected. (And nobody ever really knows for sure who the right guy would have been. You make your best guess and pray.)

Deeply grateful for all the sacrifice -- God bless & keep you both --

October 30, 2004 at 2:03 AM  

Hello NIW: Nice sentiment from Dale, I too hope your next three weeks flash by!
What an interesting read, from such a unique perspective as yours. I agree with you in part on the issues of how the administration handled the take over, yes major mistakes were made. To tell you the truth I expected a heck of a lot more Iraqi civilian deaths, and when it was low initially, I was surprised and greatly relieved. I'm not convinced another admin. would have done much better, maybe worse, who knows? However, something tells me these slime balls would have found a way! Further fault should be put on the neighbouring countries for - not only NOT helping, but hindering or hampering, by allowing their 'opportunistic murdering criminals' to meander all over the boarders and breed a frenzied reaction to events around them in Iraq.

Can Iraq be even better than the Emirates? You bet, I totally agree with you that it can and will be better! Iraqis are much more resilient, I mean, my god, they survived saddam! I don't doubt that (think I said before) some will embrace the change readily, most will come around in due time, others will never give up on their beliefs. I hope it does not take five generations though, mabye two at the most!

Back onto a more postive subject, have you two decided where you're going to go? Somewhere romantic, I hope! Take care of yourself.

October 30, 2004 at 7:39 AM  

i really like reading your blog. inshallah, hope you'll be with your hubby soon.

October 30, 2004 at 6:22 PM  

"Third and in my opinion was the worst mistake anyone can commit, and that was the issue of the borders. When I blamed the Americans for not guarding the borders I got many complaints saying it wasnt America's duty to, its an Iraqi one."
"So who to win??? God I have no clue, but if I want to go deep into logic, then I want Bush to win"

Before you decide which one you would vote for if you could, remember that it is part of the Bush strategy, not a mistake but part of the plan to fight the WoT. The borders were left open so "that terrorists from those idiotic neighbouring countries will thrive to come in and show off their "jihadist" muscles.". What you call a mistake is what Bush called his strategy to make America safer.

Madtom

October 30, 2004 at 9:48 PM  

Terrific post, NW, cause it expresses the frustration we all feel for Iraq and Iraqis. The bottom line is that it is Saddam or this. I hate to say it, but the real problem is that when given a chance, the majority of Iraqis didn't step up to the plate and fight for their chance of freedom. I do understand why they didn't, but it's like they thought there would be a magic pill the day the interim government took over which in fact only complicates some matters because the coalition has to follow their lead on a lot of things. Who knows-more boots on the ground might be more security, but might cause more problems too. It is a sad state of affairs, but I am not sure why we are all surprised by any of it at this point in time.

October 31, 2004 at 4:17 AM  

i'm so happy for you that you will soon gonna be with your love one again.
i'm also very inspired by this 'self-argumentative' that you have written. i go agree with you and i certainly learnt new stuff and new look at this 3D situation. :))

life is indeed like a box of chocolate. bitter or sweet. you will never know. however. do you know that bitter chocolates DO have a lil sweetness in them. Thus i do hope that when you eat your bitter chocolate, you will taste the hidden sweetness as will. After the wind and rain, there will be a brand new day. :))

October 31, 2004 at 7:33 PM  

Thanx for all your comments, and I have to admit, that all of you had posted great pros for the person you will be voting for. Its nice to see the different aspects and opinions around. I for one, just want my country to become stable and to have the freedom that we in the outside have enjoyed. Thats all I want for Iraq. I am not conecerned about who is gonna be president, the most important thing is what is this president gonna do for my country. Be it Bush or be it Kerry.

The same goes with the Iraqi elections, I dont care who comes to power, as long as he is an honest truthful man who isnt really craving for the "chair" but is genuinely interested in making Iraq the "diamond" of the Middle east. Seriously thats all what Iraqis want, we arent looking for names, or tribes, we just want people to live normally, and to enjoy LIFE.....

And Karenn, yes you are very right, I love dark chocolate for indeed it does have some sweetness in it, I hope that whoever becomes the next president will have some of that sweetness towards my beloved Iraq....

November 1, 2004 at 1:16 AM  

I just came across your blog about online casino sport book gambling and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a web site & blog about online casino sport book gambling so I know I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!"

October 10, 2005 at 2:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home