Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape neurotic Iraqi wife: Holiday For One......

neurotic Iraqi wife

October 23, 2004

Holiday For One......

I havent bought my plane ticket yet, dunno what Im waiting for but Im just too embarrased to go to the same travel agent I went to a month ago. She has been so helpful, and everytime she gives me a deal, I tell her I will call her back cuz I need to ask HUBBY and I never do call cuz Dear HUBBY has to decide!!!!

HUBBY on the other hand drives me mad when he tries to decide on things. He changes his mind a million times before settling for something. He did the samething with me the last time when we were booking flights for his first R&R. It was back in July when I went on my quest to find tickets to Europe. He first told me he wanted to go somewhere different, so I decided maybe latvia will be nice, or even croatia. After spending hours and hours on the net researching, I went about to the travel agents here. And believe me, if you aint going to the far east or London, or even the States, they dont have a clue where the rest of the world is.

I entered into one of the most famous offices, and asked them if they can help me plan my trip. When they asked where I wanted to go, I told them Croatia. The man looked at me as if I just said I wanna go to the moon. He said, "Umm Ma'am, we dont do croatia, and besides the tickets will be quite expensive". Ok now I didnt ask him about giving me his opinion about the price tag, I just wanted him to help me find flights and hotels. So I said ok if you dont do Croatia, how about Latvia???He said sorry Ma'am, we dont do Latvia. I started getting fidgety, and decided fine, lets try for Sweden, since HUBBY wanted to go somewhere cold, in August. So I said ok Sweden please. Once again I got "Sorry Ma'am we dont do Sweden". OMG OMG OMG, by then my nerves just couldnt be kept under control and I said in a very aggitated manner"You dont do croatia, you dont do latvia and you dont bloody do Sweden, so what the hell do you do???"

He lowered his glasses and looked at me with disapproving eyes, and said" how about you go to the Far east???" Shit man, this guy wants me to go to the far east in the darn monsoon season. I said is that all you do???You are the biggest travel agent office in this country and you tell me you only do the Far east??? He answered, well thats where the demand is, the rest of the world like Europe, and the States aint in demand this year. we only follow the market. Aha yeah only follow the market, and people like me who hate to be drenched in rain and storms are outside that darn market. I left that travel agent vowing never to go back, and ventured onto the others I have heard of. And what do you say, all of them said the same bloody thing. They only do the Far east and beirut, hmm. And all of them gave me this weird look as if Im speaking jibberish when I mention Croatia or Latvia. One guy felt so sorry for me and told me maybe my best choice is to book on the net. Oh really????The internet, why havent I thought about that!!!!GRRRRRR. The internet was my first choice, I just thought I can find better deals in the street.

In anycase, I called HUBBY shouted at him for making me go all over town trying to find a good deal, while he is just sitting on his butt trying to come up with the places.....So in the end HUBBY called his firm's travel agent and asked them to book for us to the States. Wowww wasnt that easy....

So now I have the same bloody problem, HUBBY has his ticket to Amsterdam, but I dont have mine. And he asked me to yet again go around and check for deals. I tried different places and Thank God, Amsterdam isnt a difficult place to suss out. Once I did that, I called him to tell him what I got, he then goes on and tells me"Ok let me call my travel agent then" I was about to hit the roof. Why tell me to go around when you will in all cases call your agent???? So now he tells me, to go back to that lady, who is ever so sweet to me, and always finds deals for me even if Im going to Timbuktoo. But I refused. I aint going there again, make them waste 1 hour of their time to tell them I need to ask HUBBY. So I gave him the number and told him to do it himself. Im still waiting.......

So maybe its just gonna be Holiday For one down the Red district and over to the Northern Lights..........Enjoy!!!!!
posted by neurotic_wife at 6:10 PM

7 Comments:

So maybe its just gonna be Holiday For one down the Red district and over to the Northern Lights..........Enjoy!!!!!

You think that's what Hubby has in mind? What did you find on the net? It's hard to believe "we don't do..." Do you think that had anything to do with the country your in?

Madtom

October 23, 2004 at 7:29 PM  

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

October 23, 2004 at 9:47 PM  

Firstly, look around you can get flights to most countries trust me.... We live in the same place... And I recommend you visit Cyprus.... Larnaca or Limasol you will have an amazing time there.... if Eastern Europe is more your liking..... Budapest, Hungary or Vienna, Austria are both very romantic and very very enjoyable places to take the one you love to......I haven't been all over Europe to decide but I know that you are going to end up going on holiday with ur husband and to be honest it probably doesnt matter even if you end up anywhere just as long as you are together on your own, you will end up having fun. Inshallah khair.. deer balich 3ala nafsich

October 23, 2004 at 9:47 PM  

Planning the whole trip and actually finishing off the procedure are two things that is annoying about traveling overseas…not to forget the packing (Everytime I leave home, by the time I reach the airport, I know that I missed to pack something). These past recent years have developed quite a lot. Seems like now you can even purchase tickets which I have begun to do myself. The only thing that concerns me about using the internet for such things like ‘transferring cash from one account to another’ or purchasing tickets or products is that at some point you feel insecure about giving personal information over the internet. To some extent you’d think someone is watching what you’re doing and recording all your credit card information and so on. Is it just me who feels that way towards this new development or what?

PS: I’m sure there are airlines that go to Latvia or Croatia...just need to find them buggers!

Sara.

October 24, 2004 at 12:20 PM  

Madtom, you will be surprised to see how modern the country im living in is, but most of the time there are people who still live backwards....Its nothing compared to london, where if i go to a travel agent they will do everything for me even if I asked to go to the end of the world....

Sami, thib7oonee those agents. I have specific places to go to, and they know nothing about, but thank God amsterdam wasnt a problem, or else chan 7amalikh roo7ee...hope you are feeling better now...take care

Oxygen, thats what I usually do, I book all my tickets on the net but dear HUBBY wanted me to check out the agents first then if i didnt find anything suitable then the net is my last resort.

Sara, no, i find it quite safe to buy on the net. For the past few years I have been buying my tickets and nothing has happened. You have to look for the secure sign, then go ahead with the transaction. I even bought stuff for HUBBY a few weeks ago on the net to be sent to Iraq,since hi il balad ilee anee beeha mayiftahmoon il bloody address that I give them, grrrrrr. But its safe believe me....

October 25, 2004 at 12:21 AM  

Great blog. I enjoy reading info on travel agency I have a blog on a similar subject here travel agency

October 14, 2005 at 10:20 AM  

nice. grear reading a blog on twista ticket I like this blog here too twista ticket

October 18, 2005 at 1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home