Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape neurotic Iraqi wife: A Loss Of A Great Leader......

neurotic Iraqi wife

November 02, 2004

A Loss Of A Great Leader......

Today is one of the saddest days I have ever encountered. Sheikh Zayed (after the poem ends, click on the pictures and look at the history of the UAE and the life of this great man)of the United Arab Emirates has passed away, may God rest his soul in peace. For me he was one of the best leaders any country has seen. He has turned The UAE from a barren desert to the most amazing paradise. He gave his people the freedom, the love the prosperity. He transferred his people from being bedouins living in tents and travelling on camels, to becoming prestigeous people, living in high rise buildings, travelling in the best cars.

I used to look at them an wander to myself, how lucky they are to have such a man lead them. If only, If only Iraq had such a leader with such love for his country, except we didnt, we had the most sinister creature rule us and destroy his land and his people. Saddam was a monster with satanic blood. Gave birth to the worst devils any country could see.

If only, If only we can have someone like Sheikh Zayed to takeover Iraq and turn it to a paradise. If only we can have an amazing leader just like him. The mood is somber all over. I can hear the mu'athins voices flow all around me (prayer men) reciting from the Quran, their voices so soothing through the minarets.

What a loss for this country and in my opinion for the world at large. He has helped many Iraqis who fled Saddam's torture. This leader gave us a safe haven and protected us. I dont think any other Arab leader would have done the same. Although at very rare times we felt like second class citizens, and by we I mean all expats, not just Iraqis. The locals had all the freedom, but ofcourse its only natural, this is their country afterall.

Oh how I wish, how I wish that for once, just once, Iraqis will be first class citizens in their own country, no other national will come before them. During the tyrant Regime, it was only his clan, his tribe that were living like kings and queens, and the rest of the population were barred from any luxuries. Damn him, damn him for putting us in this shit. Damn him for making the 4 million Iraqi expats live so far away from their soul, their land......Damn him for destroying Iraq, damn him for killing millions of my people, damn him for forbidding his own people from their own properties, lands, privelages. Damn that assole, who is now living in a cell, well protected, while Iraqis are still dying. Damn him....

Sheikh Zayed did have opulent palaces, Sheikh Zayed did have his pictures all over the country but he deserves all this love, for it wasnt forced on the people, the people truly loved that man, and cherished him. Unlike that animal Saddam, who forced people to chant his name, who stole money and built his palaces, who threatened artists if they didnt draw him or sculpt him. I swear to you if he had done a tenth of what Zayed did for his country all this, the pictures, the chanting, the palaces would have been greatly deserved. Instead he drove us into poverty and desolation, while he partied on torture, and his sons partied on raping women, and torturing them......

What a day, what a loss, A Loss Of A Great Leader......
posted by neurotic_wife at 10:55 PM

9 Comments:

You know what, I was in tears today, and I was going to post a blog EXACTLY identical to yours....
I read yours and I can say i agree with everything. This is a true hero, a man all Arabic leaders should aspire to..... his most important thing was making his own people very happy.... in 35 years he turned a barren desert land into one of the most beautiful places in the world.... you have to visit to understand words and pictures can not do this place justice..... Saddam on the other hand managed to destroy Iraq in the less number of years.....and instead of aspiring to make the people love him.....he did the opposite and destroyed us...... your post brought tears to my eyes... not easy to admit when you are a man..... but it didnt.... there is an article in elaph an arabic website highlighting his achievements.... i dont know if i will blog about it anymore because neuortic wife said everything I felt in my heart.... I doubt you will goto any country in the world where so many people felt so much love for the leader.....May he rest his peace and god bless his soul....Thank you from all the Iraqis whose lives he made better and we will never forget you for your kindness, compassion and care for not only locals but expats also.

November 3, 2004 at 12:58 AM  

Sami, I swear 7aramat 3alaih, allah iru7ma,he was really a great man, a hero an idol, Im in shock, and I still cant believe he is gone. I dunno what will become of uae after him. I hope it stays the same, I really do. This is the only place that I call home. I have lived here since 1979, ofcourse left it for 11 years for my university and my work, but at the end of the day, I chose to come back here, cuz for me this is where I grew up, this is where I have my memories.... Iraq is still my country but Abu Dhabi is my home.....

Allah iru7ma, May God rest his soul in peace and take it to heaven.....

November 3, 2004 at 1:05 AM  

This is truely a great post. I wonder if Iraq would ever become like the UAE. There's still hope left in my heart.

November 3, 2004 at 10:24 AM  

Any time I have an argument with a racist Arab/ saddam apoligist, I tell him to look at UAE... look what can be done when you keep the morals and ethics of eastern culture and mix by understanding the West's help is needed in constuction, creating projects, work investment security and prosperity.

I always say that if we didnt have that damn resistance Baghdad can one day become like Dubai is today.

I have been all over the world, US, Canada, Europe and here in UAE and i can safely say you won't find a better standard of living here.... you really have to visit to see with your own eyes the work and dedication thanks to the vision of the late great Sheik Zayed may god bless his soul

November 3, 2004 at 1:01 PM  

I have heard many conflicting reports about UAE. Is there really religious freedom and tolerance there? Is there really freedom of speech there? Please tell me this is so and I will feel much better. Thanks.

November 3, 2004 at 8:44 PM  

Fayrouz Inshallah, Inshallah there is hope for Iraq. I dont wanna sound pessimistic but I dont think there will ever be an Iraqi Leader like Sheikh Zayed....

Monicar, I cant lie to you and tell you there is freedom of speech, since the UAE is known for its diplomacy and it tends to steer away from any political stances. In my opinion this is the best way for a country to be. You dont feel opressed, on the contrary, you only have feelings of gratitude for what this country has given to the expats. Socially speaking though, its a very open country, you see people from all over the world, its very cosmopolitan, and even the drss code, you see women with shorts and mini dresses, there are clubs and bars. You name it, we have it here. Some times it gets me wandering about the limits of openness around, cuz we have from both the worlds, the religeous and the western style, yet we all are living happily together and everyone likes one another....

November 3, 2004 at 9:21 PM  

What a powerful post. My deepest sympathies go out to all who suffer from the great loss.
I hope that one day Iraq will be the country you have always dreamed of. I do want you to know I do pray for Iraq nightly. When I say a prayer for the U.S. military over there I also pray for Iraq and the Iraqi citizens. My heart goes out to you all.

November 4, 2004 at 4:50 PM  

Stephie, Yes it is a great loss. If he wasnt such a good man, I dont think anyone would have cared, but he was such an amiable person, and so caring.

Ali, yes he even had great plans for opening hospitals and clinics in Iraq. The red crescent here, had gotten so many children that were disfigured or injured from the war in Iraq and took care of them, gave them the best medical attention....

Jenny, thanx dear, we really do need all the prayers, for Iraq is going through very difficult times, especially the people who are there to help out, they are risking their own lives for the safety of others....PS Jenny, I tried to comment on your last post, but my comment service didnt work, just wanted to say a great post and a very funny story. I too once had such a dream, but its a pity HUBBY wasnt in bed for me to kick him hard,lol, he was thousands of miles away. And believe it or not, when I called him up and told him the dream, he too was laughing his head off, and I got even more pissed off,lol....

November 4, 2004 at 6:47 PM  

dear NIW
i came across ur blog while surfing the net. i loved everybit of it,so i started reading it from the top.. i adore ur personality.. anyway.. i know that u mite not read this, but i have 2 say,, ur words 3an il mar7om ubonna zayed,, touched my heart so deeply.. thank you very much for this post. i had to write this whether u read it or not.. another point id like 2 raise here.. yes many of us may seem to act as wer 1st class citizens bcoz as u said that this is only natural,, but beleive u me.. this isn't our countryy only.. 2 me.. hathyy blaad kil 3araby walla il3atheem.. ive grown up in a multicutural community and this is how i see it.. inty ka 3arabeya w ne7na ka mwa6neen.. wer equal.. we all come from this arabic nation .. yarab nete7ed f yom and become 1 arabic nation for real (o well.. way beyond dreaming.. but who said we cant dream?) anywayss.. i read alot of blogs.. i rareelyyy post any comment.. but here.. i couldn't.. thank u thank u thank u.. i swear u dont know how much this post means ..
take care of urself
god bless you
xxx
(G)

April 11, 2007 at 12:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home