Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape neurotic Iraqi wife: Its A Damn Maze.....

neurotic Iraqi wife

November 04, 2004

Its A Damn Maze.....

Havent been doing much except watching the burial proceedings of Sheikh Zayed, and the TV programs that are concentrating on his achievements. That man was really wise, they showed us some excerpts of a couple of things he had said, one just made me wander for a while. He said" Dont look back at what your fathers and grandfathers have done, and say to people, Look at what my forefathers have done, instead try yourself to achieve something good in this world, and once you do the good things dont talk about it, give it sometime and let the people say look at what that man has achieved. This is how you make yourself, this is how you prove to people that you are indeed a good person, by achieving something yourself". Wowwww great words, and so true.

All the shops and places are closed, the state is in mourning for 40 days, private companies are closed for 3 days and the governmental ones are closed for 8 days plus another week for the Eid. I think people will start flocking into the travel agents looking for places to go during this long vacation. Even the assignment that I have been working on is gonna be cancelled.

I still havent bought our vacation tickets. We have decided instead of going to Amsterdam we would rather go to Thailand. I did an extensive research on the net, and chose the exact hotels were I would like for us to stay in. But the problem as usual is the damn travel agents, they dont get it when I insist on my choices. The other day, I gave them a list, and told them to prepare the package for me. I get a call saying all is ready, so I go to their office and instead find that they havent included the hotels I wanted, they have put other ones which I aint interested in. I got sooooooooo pissed off. I decided to do everything on the net, and as I was pursuing that, I got damn pages saying your request cannnot be found. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH......

I dunno what to do, the offices are closed until Saturday, I guess I will just have to wait. Apart from that, nothing much has been happening. Just spoke to HUBBY and he is very excited that he's gonna be leaving in 2 weeks. Wowwww 2 weeks from today Im gonna be with HUBBY yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. He says he feels he's a prisoner, cant do much in the Green Zone. All eatery places are forbidden except for the cafeteria in the Palace. HUBBY cant stand the food there though, he prefers the typical Iraqi type, the Kebabs, Tikka and the Gus(Shredded lamb). I think he has probably lost all the weight he has put on, which Umm, aint that great cuz I wont have a pillow to lay my head on, lol.

Yesterday was my brother's 40th Birthday. Again we couldnt do much except celebrate at home with a cake. I was supposed to get him a present, I still havent. I asked my sister in law what to get she said get him voucher for sunglasses. So I went out 2 days ago, before the news of Sheikh Zayed's passing away. Entered into the optician shop, and asked the guy:

ME: Hi, I'm wondering do you have vouchers?
MAN: So You mean what?
ME: Umm, I need to buy a present but I dont know which brand he likes so I would like to pay a certain amount and be given a voucher so the man can choose for himself.
MAN: Yeeeeees yeeeeess lady, we have.
ME: Ok, I wanna pay X amount.
MAN: Come here lady and choose zee glass
ME: Umm, no, you didnt understand, I dont know what he likes, I just wanna pay the amount then he comes and he will choose for himself.
MAN: yeeeesss, yesssss, zeeees are zeee collection you choose.
(BY then my patience was running out, I spoke to him in English and Arabic, and the man still tells me to choose the bloody glasses)
ME: NO, I DONT WANT TO SEE THE GLASSES I WANT TO PAY THE AMOUNT, THATS ALL.
MAN: Yeeees yeeess wiz zis amount you buy 2 glass, come and see which ones. We have zee new collection from Italy.
ME: I DONT WANT TO SEE THE DAMN GLASSES I JUST WANT A VOUCHER!!!!
MAN: Madam, no voucher you buy zee 2 glasses, come come see new ones.
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.....
ME: You know what, I changed my mind, I dont want anything.

And I stormed off. I mean he couldnt understand the simplest question. So I ended up just getting my brother a funny card with no present, and I feel bad. As I have mentioned before, the shops are all closed now, so I guess the pressie has to wait for a few more days.....Sorry bro....

Oh I forgot to mention that one of HUBBY's colleagues was a target for kidnapping. She is an Iraqi local working with HUBBY. Apparantely some gang were watching her moves, and 3 days ago, they parked next to her home, and as she got in the car, they opened fire, the driver tried to get away as fast as possible, but wasnt lucky, they shot at the car and he got injured, and then apparentely the gang escaped. The woman is in shock and hasnt been to work since then. These are the sort of people that wanna take over Iraq. Wow, how lucky we are, we get rid of one devil and yet another one comes along. There's a passage in the Quran which simply means, that any tragedy that happens upon some people, its from their own doing. And the leaders that lead these countries are also deserved upon by those people.

I dont tend to question alot, but do we really deserve such hooligans???such criminals??? I dont think so......But then again, Iraqis are so complex, and they are never satisfied with what they have. This is what I am seeing now. If Americans come they say these are non believers, if Iraqi opposition men come, they say these are infidels. If the Shia's take over some Sunni's will revolt, if the Sunni's takeover, some Shia's will disapprove. God, no matter what happens they will find something wrong. Its really a no win situation......

Whats the damn solution???I think it has to come from deep within. Iraqis have to unite and make that decision. Lets wait and see what will happen in January. I doubt the insurgents will stop, on the contrary I think they will continue their quest of killings and kidnappings.

Its A Damn Maze, you get out from one, you find yourself inside another.......

posted by neurotic_wife at 7:32 PM

10 Comments:

Being intractable and difficult is no reason to have ones life threatened. Wanting to work toward freedom and away from repression does not cause one to deserve abuse. I guess there are people out there who don't want Iraq (or America) to succeed in the endeavor. The fact that they are willing to kill themselves and anyone else is a problem with them, not with the Iraqis.

It also seems to me that people in Iraq have fear that they will be repressed by another group and fighting for the guarantee that they won't be repressed is some of what is happening. I don't know the way out of the maze except a constitution that guarantees safety for law-abiding citizens and a government that has the strength and will to enforce it.

Thank you for telling me about UAE. I'm sorry that the leader of that nation has died and my condolences go out to you, his family and the citizens of the UAE.

November 4, 2004 at 9:14 PM  

I too was saddened to learn of the death of this good man who has done so much for his people. I do hope that his son will carry on the same policies and vision for the people. Good news about your reunion and vacation with hubby. May you enjoy being together and make many happy memories for you to recall for years to come.

November 4, 2004 at 9:51 PM  

"""But then again, Iraqis are so complex, and they are never satisfied with what they have. This is what I am seeing now"""

Doesn't this complexness, by any means, goes for you and your HUBBY, too, being yourselves Iraqis ???
Or living in haven of the west and the gulf states had you perhaps remoulded from a different type of of mud much superior to that of poor COMPLEX Iraqis

It isn't first time you generalize, branding Iraqis with complexity.
However, irrespective of you being one or not I think it goes both ways

It's amazing how outrageously superifical and judgemental some people tend to be sometimes labeling others while dwelling in the luxoury of their ivory towers

You and your shit blog isn't even worth the minutes spent replying

November 5, 2004 at 3:47 AM  

"""But then again, Iraqis are so complex, and they are never satisfied with what they have. This is what I am seeing now"""

Doesn't this complexness, by any means, goes for you and your HUBBY, too, being yourselves Iraqis ???
Or living in haven of the west and the gulf states had you perhaps remoulded from a different type of of mud much superior to that of poor COMPLEX Iraqis

It isn't first time you generalize, branding Iraqis with complexity.
However, irrespective of you being one or not I think it goes both ways

It's amazing how outrageously superifical and judgemental some people tend to be sometimes labeling others while dwelling in the luxoury of their ivory towers!!!!

November 5, 2004 at 3:48 AM  

You know, I was wondering why only the SAUDI channel on our sattelite wasn't playing Quran for sh. Zayed. What's up with that, eh?? From what I know of Zayed, he wasn't half bad compared to some Mid East leaders (though, I admit I don't know much about him-- and have some very big gripes about some Emirati things... *cough, and looking quite innocent*)

So... is it really two weeks until you see Rajlich? hey hey, not too bad. I'm currently taking bets on pregnancy possibilities (evil cackle)

Last week this old Hajiya here was harping on me, going on about "lesh maku walad, UMHAJAR??? Time to have a son." I was like Khalas, lady, I'm finished with this stuff...

Oops, well enough of this... Post soon in sha Allah

November 5, 2004 at 5:13 AM  

Hey anonymous (why don't you show yourself, eh??)

Listen fool, if you don't like what she writes, or are uninterested in her views, then you certainly don't need to read it. Shit attitudes are worse than shitty blogs anyday, aren't they?

Whether u agree with her or not on the issues isn't the point-- just try to keep the urge to TROLL under wraps.

November 5, 2004 at 5:17 AM  

Hello! I echo Scorpion, Stephie and all! anonymous get lost!
At the very least this is not the place for small minded ignorance so take your lousy attitude elsewhere!

NIW! I had no idea about this person named Sheikh Zayed, I am sad for your loss...

NIW: on a brighter note, WOW only two weeks! Fight for a great vacation booking, it'll be so worth it! I wish I knew more about the net to help you. Take care.

November 5, 2004 at 8:17 AM  

NW, I am still trying to learn this ME mindset so don't take this the wrong way, But did not the son of this leader just take the head of the regime in UAA.
Isn't this new leader now leader for life?
Do you think the new guy will support the new Iraq or the "resistance"?
Do you think he will embrace Democracy in Iraq or see it as a threat to his rule?

Madtom
PS. Your going to Far East? Isn't that what the TA told you that everyone does?

November 5, 2004 at 8:29 PM  

If you guys excuse me, I would like to answer mr/ms anonymous first. Anon,I always said these are my opinions and you are entitled to yours. I felt so much hatred and envy coming out from you, which really is mind boggling since you dont actually know me in person(and thank god for that), but I will give you the benefit of the doubt, and I will re-iterate my point "WE IRAQIS ARE COMPLEX PEOPLE" whether you like this fact or not thats your problem, not mine. I say this and I myself am an Iraqi and Im proud to be one, but you have to get it in your head, that although we keep saying Iraq the Great, Iraqis are not immune to behaving badly. There are good people and bad people all over the world. We are not angels. The complexity did not start lately, it actually goes back to thousands of years ago since the time of the wilaya, when people started fighting whether Omar is Khalifa or Ali. And when Hussein was murdered by the people. So please dont go and insult my intelligence. Go read about Iraq's history and then come and talk to me. And I actually am glad that although you said it aint worth posting on this blog, you have commented twice, wowwww, how about if you really were interested how many times would you have posted, 10 times???Geez....

Stephie and scorpio, thanx alot for answering anon, Im really gratefull, I never doubted I had such great supporters. thanks....Lol scorpio, dont you just hate it when they start pressuring you about getting kids, man they really think we are rabbits...

Barbara Thanx alot for your kind words, yes you are right that even though we are from different backgrounds, it doesnt stop us from having similar feelings and emotions. Although my HUBBY aint in the military, him and all the other people who went back to help out are greatly missed and loved...

Stephie and madtom, Sheikh Zayed's son did take over, I aint sure how people are reacting to this yet, or how he is viewed, I just hope that he will continue what his late father has done. As for him supporting the "new" Iraq or the insurgency, hmm, well, the Emirates is known to be a diplomatic country. So I guess it will stand with the People, and what the people want. And madtom as for the vacation, well, we decided Thailand, cuz HUBBY has been to amsterdam, and the weather aint gonna be that great, all rain and freezing. We left it for another time.

monicar, the problem lies with us, Iraqis, we have to unite and look at the bigger picture. Not just say"we want the americans out, full stop" I want to know what is the political agenda of those insurgency. What is it they want Iraq to be?what are their views about the future Iraq, are they seeing it as an Islamic country??As a democratic republic??? Till now, all we are seeing are killings of innocent people, kidnappings, beheadings, and no bloody political agenda!!!

Pat and Leap frog, Yaaaaaaay, its now 13 days!!! Shit it really feels like a dream....As the time gets nearer my heart starts pounding more, I think I will have a heartattack by the time I get him from the airport. I doubt I will be able to drive,lol..

Umhakima, I definitely will have a blast with HUBBY he is one heck of a guy....and as for nuts being everywhere, Im one of them,lol....

November 5, 2004 at 9:15 PM  

I agree that Iraqis need to unite and it will be difficult. I don't agree that Iraqis being Iraqis is what is causing the 'insurgency'. I believe that the 'insurgency' is the result of terrorists seeing a vulnerable situation and seeking to expand their control over the area. What is their objective? I guess we would have to ask them - and their only answer may be to cause death and fear? A safe haven for themselves? To stick it to America? World domination? Who knows? They're frigging crazy is all I know.

Have a great vacation with your husband - let it all go for awhile and enjoy yourselves.

November 6, 2004 at 8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home