Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape neurotic Iraqi wife: Burning Candles

neurotic Iraqi wife

September 06, 2004

Burning Candles

Wow what a day, a day that is full of killings and massacres, Iraqi people are dying, Americans are dying, hostages are dying, children are dying, everyone is dying, what has the world come to? I swtiched off the bloody Tv, although I know switching it off by all means does not mean that these atrocious images will stop. I took a trip down my favourate blogs lane hoping to read something that would do the trick and cheer me up, but no, that was very difficult to achieve, this one just shattered me Mustang in Iraq.
And I feel quite lame to go on with my rantings about dear HUBBY, but you know, I can never stop cuz remembering HUBBY and his antics gives me the kind of energy that I need to go on(too corny I know, but true)
Last year around this time, I was invited to a very good friend's engagement gathering. It had been quite some time since I went out to celebrate something, the situation in Iraq just does not give me the heart to enjoy myself, if you know what I mean, I havent even had a proper wedding really, and that was because we both didnt feel it was the right time to party, about that, in a later post...
So back to that night of the engagement, there I was dressed up to the nines, with my tight white trousers(and no it wasnt see through,thank u very much), a black halterneck top and my famous shawl. I loved that shawl, it was black with fringes dangling all around, I love all things gypsy) and had a humangous yellow flower at the back. Now normal people wear shawls incase they get cold, but mrs here wears her shawl to hide her backside, yup, sad but true, I am very consious when it comes to that part of my body, although there's nothing really wrong with it(seriously there isnt) but you know how you get annoying people asking you if their bu** is too big in this or that, well helloooo there, you have just added another one to the never ending list...Are you still with me?Ok, so me prancing in with MY SHAWL I say hello to everyone, and started having a decent conversation when all of a sudden I felt some kind of heat rising up and to my sheer horror I WAS ON FIRE. I swear to you I aint joking. I smelt something burn then I look down and silly me thinks that my lovely white trousers(the not see through ones) have caught the bloody flames of those nice teeny weeny candles that were placed along the corridor for a romantic ambience,which btw I havent really noticed since I was too busy with making sure THE SHAWL is doing its job(but who the hell puts bloody candles on the floor and switches the bloody light of the room, so the candles wont show???)I sure did give them one hell of an ambience. The shrieks started so did the screaming, and believe me, when we Iraqi women shriek, we mean business here!!!Some girl friends of mine couldnt take the scene and ran to the kitchen crying their eyes out (not so sure though if the tears were those of joy and happiness or those of utter shock cuz they had just lost another grrrrreat humanbeing) So then I feel the host's hands pulling at my shawl, and here the game started, he was pulling, and i was pulling my shawl back,he was pulling and I was pulling the darn thing back even stronger(you see my shawl was on fire but nooooooo, I'd rather burn than show my behind) It was then that he pulled so hard and believe me, that guy pulls hard, cuz he's my size times 5. I stood there feeling nakid not knowing where to put my hands?shall I cover my ass? or shall I check if I still have hair on my head...difficult decision...Then I get people shoving me in a room and asking me If I was ok, ok me? hell ya, just "GIVE ME A BLOODY CIGARETTE" No need to say that my shawl has tithered away and my friends till this day refrain from putting candles on the floor, especially when they know that I would be there...Now here is where HUBBY comes along, HUBBY then was a HUBBY to be and was again thousands of miles away across the Atlantic(the story of my life). The first person I thought of is HUBBY to be, so me in tears I call him, and explain that his sweetheart had her first hand experience with getting burnt, and I told him every single detail there is, you know what HUBBY to be said "oh sweetie, its ok, as long as my cute little bu** is still there,just go and dance and enjoy the party" the party I said to myself, the bloody party????HELLLLLOOOOOOO I WAS GONNA DIE WITH NO SHAWL PROTECTING MY FREAKIN A** AND YOU TELL ME DANCE AND PARTY, jeez, thanks alot hun...I seriously need some of his blood, seriously, I think it will make my life hell of alot easier.
The reason for me saying the above is that we all are gonna die, be it today be it tomorrow, be it in a year or 10 years time, we all are destined to our fate, but that shouldnt stop us from believing in what we have and in our dreams. Enjoy every second of this life for its too short and Burning Candles are along the path just waiting to get us.....
posted by neurotic_wife at 7:00 PM

8 Comments:

Thanx Ferid thats very kind of you,I am glad you like it, your blog and website are pretty cool too they are in my favourates list ;-)

Take care

September 6, 2004 at 9:49 PM  

Strykeraunt, am not sure if you will read this since you have written your comment in another post, but I defintely would take your advice and replace it with OPSEC, grrrrrreat idea and I absolutely LOVE it, will keep my HUBBY on his toes,lol...thanx a million....

Take care...

September 6, 2004 at 10:28 PM  

Next time tell people that a burning shawl is the latest rage in fashion and that you were trying the smokin look because you were feeling hot, hot, hot. Afterwards tell your husband that you were burning with his love.

September 7, 2004 at 4:27 AM  

nw, I trust you were not seriously burned, but the poor shawl. An article written by an American in Iraq might cheer you a little regarding our previous discussion of the media. http://insideviewfromiraq.blogspot.com/2004/09/iraq-media-is-misleading-world.html

This really tells a lot about good things and the Iraqi people.

September 7, 2004 at 7:08 AM  

Lol Ihath, wouldnt it be great walking around with a burnin shawl to make a statement, that hey we women are hot....I thought you disappeared from blog land, what happened? We need a story you know to keep us going....
Pat, I was told by many of those that witnessed this unforgetful event that looking at me from behind, I was just like those stunt men you see in movies where they get out of their burning car with their backs ablaze, scary I know but the good thing is that I know God is always watching over me or else I would have been another box of ashes placed on top of a mantle piece...

September 7, 2004 at 12:39 PM  

Neurotic Wife,
Back to school time, I have three kids, busy busy busy. I always say that I have 4 kids not 3, my husband being the notiest since I can't send him to his room when he misbehaves. Can't spank him either.

September 7, 2004 at 7:50 PM  

salams. from uk,

jusr read your blogg very intresting and funny. u have great sense of humour.

cud u just calrify for me if u in iraq aswell as your hubby (or are u in US).

may Allah reward u for your patience & bring your hubby back to you soon.

wassalam

tabeeb_uk

September 9, 2004 at 12:52 AM  

Hi anon, no I wish I was in Iraq right now, but unfortunately I aint. And no I am not in the States either, I was there 3 weeks ago, when my hubby had his vacation... glad you enjoyed reading my blog

take care

September 9, 2004 at 1:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home