Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape neurotic Iraqi wife: The Big 3 0 !!!!!

neurotic Iraqi wife

September 05, 2004

The Big 3 0 !!!!!

Oh god another reminder that the dreaded 3 0 (T day)is on its way to smile evily and say helloooooo here I am, I know You cant wait to see me, (will definitely be spending most of the day under the duvet shooing the hours away)....I just wanna say Happy 30th to my one and only sister in law, you are older than me, and you can never change that, hehe, tough bananas....
One of the troubles that I will be facing that day is the fact that HUBBY wont be around to woe my fears away and I absolutely am shattered that when I did mention it to him he just said that his R&R is almost 3 weeks before that date and he would rather stick to it, I didnt press on the issue but it did leave a throbbing pain in my heart every time I think about it...Couldnt he make exceptions just for once and do something for ME? I mean I truly am not looking forward to the T day, but atleast he shoulda replied with I would try to make it or I'm sorry I would love to be there with you but circumstances wont allow me to..You know, its those small gestures that really can make a difference to someone's life...Im not one of those typical wives where I have a list of the things I want my HUBBY to buy me(the only thing I ever asked HUBBY to get me was the dig cam and that was mainly to take photos of us together), on the contrary, Im very simple in my own little way, I do not need material things to make me happy, a simple word or a touch would suffice. Thats how I am and thats how I always will be. I nag yes, I complain hell yes, I yearn yes, I crave yes, I dream definitely yes, but I want NO....I mean, well, umm, I do want, and my want as you probably have figured out is having HUBBY live my life with me and share the precious moments together....But noooooooooooo HUBBY never thinks that way, HUBBY prefers living thousands of miles away to being with his WIFE.
An annoying, nosy aquaintance once asked me, whether I'm happy being married, hmmm, now let me think, did she really expect me to say anything but a yes? And then she goes and rubs it in and says and please I really do wanna quote here "oh pooooooor you(with her annoying whiny voice), I dont really understand why marriages these days are like this""I feel really sorry that you have to suffer this way, so when are you planning to have babies, you are gonna miss the train you know" God was I gonna smack this lady or what, I havent even reached 3 bloody 0 and she tells me Im gonna miss the train??????whats she on about????Some people do have some nerve,urgggggggg. I really was trying to maintain my cool here but my face couldnt give it away and started twitching with all its might, so I just replied calmly that HUBBY and I are happily married thank you very much and when the right time comes we will plan to have kids. She just shook her head as if displeased by the answer and said well good luck but remember you arent getting any younger"talk about ignorant, insolent, nosy people who have nothing to do but pry.... That conversation although it was ugly, made me sit and think deeply about the true meaing of the words"being married". As far as I was concerned, "being married" meant sharing your life with someone you love and care about, right? wronggggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!In todays world these words basically mean sharing a piece of paper that says so and so are legally married, full stop! So you, T day, I aint gonna welcome you, but maybe just maybe you will be one of those chilly days that will end before you even have begun....


posted by neurotic_wife at 5:18 PM

12 Comments:

Umhakima, wowwwwwww, so I'm not alone, although how do you cope? 3 kids and alone? akeed thats very tough on you, inshallah your hubby comes back to you soon, my hubby is a lost case...I think thats the hardest bit to try and get to terms with...Getting used to being alone, sad but true......

September 5, 2004 at 6:58 PM  

It is hard to be seperated from the one you love. I hope it will not be too long before your hubby returns.Your comment on my blog about not being able to get news on Iraq while in US-many of us in the U S get our information from the Iraqi blogs. If you haven't visited iraqthemodel blog and followed thelinks on the brothers site, you are missing a good source of info from Iraqis and comments from US, Australia and European countries. There is a link on my blog. Pat

September 5, 2004 at 8:12 PM  

I've just read your portugala post... I wanted to comment there but I was afraid that you won't see it, so here I am... This is a post written by Raghda with a link to the song and the reactions of people on it..
http://baghdadgirl.blogspot.com/2004/07/ul-purtocala.html

And this is me coming back from Baghdad and talking about portugala too..
http://astarfrommosul.blogspot.com/2004/07/im-back.html
where I said:
There's something people in Baghdad talk about all the time, it's a song, and it's really bad. I can't watch it, the singer has no voice, the dancers dance a very strange dance. The song is called "purtocala" which means "orange" in English. It's something really disgusting, really.

And I kept talking with my American friend about it for days..

Don't be afraid of the 30, it's nice... Yeah really, at least as far as it's far away from me ;)
Again do not be afraid, it's much better than 40 at least.. Comfortable now, or more miserable?
I think it's not working... Okay, I tried..
Bye now

September 5, 2004 at 9:25 PM  

Maybe while you're waiting for your husband to come back, you could try Spanking The Monkey - LOL

September 6, 2004 at 1:54 AM  

Thanx for all the comments,It was great reading them, as for aunt Najma, wallah you made me laugh, and a piece of advice from me(a crazy loony) enjoy every second of your life, you are still young and have a long long way to go,cuz as you get older life becomes more complicated and full of responsibilities, dont rush it just enjoy it. And Pat, yes you are right, the best information you can get about the situation in Iraq is reading the ever so interesting iraqi bloggers in Iraq, I think they are doing a great thing by educating us and giving us first hand news that by itself is an amazing achievement...Umhakima, I will let him fish for the site hismelf, dont wanna give him everything on a plate now do we,lol.And as for you, Mr Ghost, yaaaaaaaaaaaaay, i reached 153, how about you?I should try harder b4 HUBBY comes cuz then I would have a real monkey that I definitely would be spanking ;-).Thanx all....

September 6, 2004 at 1:35 PM  

Dear NW, Thanks again for visiting me and commenting. I do believe you are correct that it is people who have distorted the Quran who are doing these terrible things. If I were not convinced that the majority of Islamic people were good, decent and humane I would not try to get to know them. I guess I would just call Muslims the great Satan as my country has been called. Instead, I write comments on the Iraqi blogs and encourage the young Iraqis to keep blogging. Najma is one of my favorites with her quest for knowledge and her love and respect for family. I am 69 so 30 seems so young. I am so thankful the Iraqis are free from Saddam and pray for the day that the hateful ones who kill without reason, other than fear of liberty will be contained. I think through these blogs we of different cultures and faiths can learn that we have more similarities, hopes and dreams than things that divide us. At least, that is my hope. I love Democracy because in my country all cultures and faiths are able to live in relative peace. We have bad elements as well but I believe that free people is what God wants us to be. Pat

September 6, 2004 at 7:32 PM  

Oh god another reminder that the dreaded 3 0 (T day)is on its way to smile evily and say helloooooo here I am,


A birthday is just the first day of another 365-day journey around the sun. Enjoy the trip.
Steve

September 7, 2004 at 5:44 AM  

HEY what the hell's wrong with being 30? Say what! I just turned 30 :)

I remember as a kid, my aunts decided to have a "dirty thirty" birthday party for themselves. All-woman party, and they all had to wear their underwear on the outside of their regular clothes LOL>

Seee, now I wanted to do that, too. But my dh went to visit his family in Iraq like 2 weeks before my 30th b-day, so I ended up having a sedate seafood dinner with the local sisters.

Maybe I'll have a dirty thirty one party.

September 8, 2004 at 10:37 AM  

lol scorpion too bad our birthdays arent on the same day, woulda joined you ;-)

September 9, 2004 at 12:32 AM  

It won't have effect in actual fact, that's what I suppose.

January 31, 2012 at 11:20 PM  

Hello every body i want to say thank to DR ODUMDU for the help him gave me and my family i was abounding by my wife with two kids i have look for help and no one could help me bring her back back on till a friend of mine told me about this great spell caster called DR ODUMDU i gave him a chance and in 48hours he brought back my lover to me am so happy now with my family i know you are out there looking help i will advise you to contact this man for help today and see your solution come to you.. Contact him on his email address landofsolution@outlook.com OR call him+2347053319835

November 30, 2014 at 10:55 AM  

Valentine is here again and i remember vividly its is about a year ago that CHIEF PRIEST AMROS of holytempleofsolution@hotmail.com restored my marriage.i look back and smile because last here my story was a pathetic one. my marriage was drifting away and my man was asking for a divorce cause he was seeing another woman already who happened to be his colleague at work and he wanted to leave me for good and settle with the woman.part of me was happy cause i love been told the truth yet another part was not happy cause i was not willing to let go because not only was he the father of my 3 kids i also loved him and vowed to do what ever it will takes or cost to have him by my side.so i started searching and asking for help until i stumbled on a good review about CHIEF PRIEST AMROS of holytempleofsolution@hotmail.com so i contacted him some days before val and he said i will have result within 24hrs which i did. eventually my man gave me the best val gift ever by buying me a brand new car.i am happy to share this testimony cause its almost that time again good memories never die till date we still live in love together and its like our love increases by the day.contact CHIEF PRIEST AMROS of holytempleofsolution@hotmail.com or call his private line on +(234)-7052079645 for his kind help today and celebrate your val with your hubby i wish you happiness through CHIEF PRIEST AMROS

February 17, 2015 at 4:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home