Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape neurotic Iraqi wife: HUBBY's Iraqi Mistress Project...

neurotic Iraqi wife

October 20, 2008

HUBBY's Iraqi Mistress Project...

I cant make my mind up on what to write anymore. I have so much to talk about, but don’t know where to start. Shall I write about my outrage on the Iraqi govt’s slow reaction to what happened to my fellow Iraqi Christians in Mosul? Shall I write about life in Abu Dhabi as a single Wife? Or maybe complain about the soaring prices? How about my anxiety attacks that I keep getting whenever I go out? Hmmm or maybe I should talk about my insomnia? I dunno.

Im still trying to adjust to the “real” world. Im getting much better though. I have yet to train myself to be abit more patient and understanding. Baghdad spoiled me. Spoiled me BIG TIME.

I gave up the idea of finding a bigger place and stuck to the one Im renting at the moment. I was shocked at how much everything costs here. It wasn’t like this a year ago. Or even 6 months ago. Everyone is complaining, and I joined that statistic. Then comes the parking dilemma. OH MY GOD. That by itself is a huge factor of me staying at home. I did the mistake one night and stayed out late at my parents. It took me an hour and a half, LITERALLY to be able to find parking, and it wasn’t even a legal spot! It was a challenge and I didn’t care if it took me to the early hours of the morning to find a darn place to park!!!!

I am also realizing the sexist attitude men have towards a woman! Its either “Aaaaaaah, it’s a woman” and he drools, or “Oh, it’s a woman” and he curses! I asked one of the mirror shops to send over someone to take measurements so I can put some mirrors up. They sent this young guy. It was going fine UNTIL, until he asked me to hold the measure to help him out. This was in the bedroom mind you. He closed the door so he can measure the whole wall. I didn’t think much of it, although I did feel uncomfortable. He made me hold the measure, then all of a sudden, he came closer and friggin BRUSHED my body with his hand!!!!It took a few seconds for me to register what happened.

I immediately let go of the measure tape and stepped back! I would have thrown him out, but with his kind you never know what would have happened. Needless to say I started cursing HUBBY for not being here with me. Infact its becoming part of my daily ritual to curse, especially when I end up working on things HE IS SUPPOSED TO BE DOING! UGHHHHH

Then ofcourse there’s the rude man. I was driving to go to the bank. All of a sudden the car infront stops. The man gets out, locks his door and goes into the building right then and there. I couldn’t believe it! He left me stranded in the middle of the road!!! I beeped and beeped. He came back, looked at me and started ushering angrily to leave. Roohee he kept saying. Roohee. (Go in Arabic)

LEAVE??? How the hell can I move my car? I gestured with my hand. I couldn’t bloody reverse because there were cars behind me! I couldn’t go forward because he was blocking me! He cursed me out, and went back inside!!! OH……MY….GOD….I sooooooooooo wanted to get out of the car and beat the shit out of him. But I needed to catch the bank before it closed! I managed to find a small space between 2 parked cars were I was able to squeeze through.To my shock, I see a police car with a police man in it witnessing the whole scene without doing ANYTHING!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRR….

Yeah welcome to the real world I keep saying to myself. I infact laugh, laugh and shake my head. How did civilization change so much? Or maybe it was like that all the time but its only now that Im taking note of it? I dunno. Many things keep me up till the early hours of the morning. And when I cant sleep, I just go and move furniture around. Sofas that are triple my size! I guess its my way of therapy.

In 2 days a coworker of mine is stopping over on his way to his R&R, and I cant wait to meet up with him and the other Baghdadi friends. It would be fun and strange at the same time to be united in a place other than Baghdad. To be able to sit in a normal place void of any Twalls and stupid regulations. To be able to gossip about everything and everyone without having to look over our shoulder ten times incase someone close by is eavesdropping and turns the whispers into meaningless rumours!!! A few other friends are also planning to stop by in the coming months, which is great. Im so looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Infact, HUBBY suggested I go visit him some time soon. Im really contemplating the idea. It would be interesting to also squeeze a little trip on my way, to visit work and surprise everyone. At the same time I would love to go and meet HUBBY’s mistress. The mistress project he chose over me. HUBBY's Iraqi Mistress Project...
posted by neurotic_wife at 10:27 PM

20 Comments:

You're learning about Human beings.

October 21, 2008 at 12:01 AM  

In America they have started Christmas Caroling year round. Outside of the Holiday season they voice mimic in order to shape people emotionally. The bored people even voice train to shape adult males. They are fools using communication rudiments. They attempt to emotionally pleasure themselves and remain dominant. They provoke innocent people in order to remain dominant under low functioning homosexual contact. I know this attitude was present in the movie 300 as evolutionary goals such as growth and intelligent care yielded to time under war. The Human instinct to watch people suffer and wilt is too strong. Simple minded narcissism. Simple like the gas car. Cheap Heaven.

October 21, 2008 at 1:36 AM  

lol...ah neurotic, welcome back to the real world, where there are no set rules and regulations of thought and conduct. You can never say humans are boring with so many views, ideologies and prejudices our diverse environments afford us. I guess you are having to deal without the cocoon of the green zone, and regimented structure of the military.
Are you working on a book at all? Excuse my ignorance, but when you go out, do you wear a Burka where you are? You could move to Canada, things are fairly inexpensive here, and -30 C isn't that bad.

October 21, 2008 at 1:36 AM  

Heh, the mistress project, I like the name! Yeah, some guys are straight up asses. I'm glad you restrained yourself when the guy felt you up. Despite it being a humiliating violation and not to mention I agree 100% he needed his ass handed to him, it's better you didn't. Something much worse could have happened. Look on the bright side, you know life is returning to normal when you have traffic jams and people who shouldn't be allowed to drive driving!

October 21, 2008 at 4:33 AM  

Welcome back to the real world, dear Neurotica.Don't worry, soon you'll get used.

October 21, 2008 at 7:49 AM  

HELLO LUV, IT IS ASTONISHING THAT OUR ALLIED FORCES PUT UP WITH THIS BUFFON LOT OF AXISOFEVILIRANIEN STOOGES IN A SO CALLED GOVT. IN IRAQ & SIMPLY TOLERATE THE DISGUSTING TREATMENT OF OUR FELLOW CHRISTIANS IN IRAQ WHO HAD LIVED THERE VERY CENTURIES !!!! & YES IT IS NOT EASY DEALING TO THE DISGUSTING MALE ATTITUDE OF SOME AROUND ALL THE VERY BEST OF GREETINGS DARLING &KINDEST REGARDS WWW.BFBS.COM CHEERS OLAFF: OH IM BACK IN THE SOUTH OF DUBAI SHARJAH AJMAN NOW

October 21, 2008 at 9:35 AM  

sorry I meant bafoons stooges axis of evil puppet of a gvt. & male disgusting attitude of some,towards females & in general ALRIGHT DARLING ALL THE VERY BEST GREETINGS & KINDEST OF REGARDS CHEERS WWW.BFBS.COM OLAFF:)

October 21, 2008 at 3:04 PM  

Hi NIW... Actually in Dubai we are also facing huge problem with the parkings, prices, TRAFFIC JAMS,...etc. it is normal, and u will get used to it.

October 21, 2008 at 10:18 PM  

I think a book would be interesting, since you can operate in two distinct worlds. I am sure you can walk down any Western or Arabic street and operate within it without too much notice. Not alot of people can do that, so it would be interesting reading your view of two societies so diametrically opposed.

October 21, 2008 at 11:29 PM  

LOL WH. Umm no, no burka's here. Infact im suffering from culture shock cuz almost everyone except the locals bare it all. Its like Im in Europe. Sometimes even Europe seems simpler than this place....Not sure abt the book, Im playing with the idea. Do you think its a good one?

Aaaah Matt the pleausre of life. Not sure I can enjoy it. I guess with time. So why dont you find yourself a girlfriend? :)

Sealife, I hope so, for my family's sake

Olaff, so youre close! Wow, one day we should meet up. You promised me coffee remember, lol

Alaa, Im going down to Dubai today to meet up with my coworker who arrived from Baghdad. Should be fun. But Im not a big fan of Dubai, its too busy for me, YUCK!!!

Anon, you think? I dunno, it will probably be one boring read...

October 22, 2008 at 6:38 AM  

HELLO NEUROTICA LUV,YES WE SHOULD DEFINITELY DO THAT ,Olaffbjorn@gmail.com,in time everyday surroundings have a way of WEANING ONE IN INTO THE SCHEME OF THINGS ALTOUGH IT IS GOOD HAVING A VANTAGE POINT OF COMPARISON FROM WITHOUT & WITHIN ,AS SUCH COME CHRISTMAS ANOTHER SHORT HOLS.IS IN THE OFFING ,YES I DEFINTELY PROMISED YOU A COFFEE ANY TIME ANYWHERE BE IT KENSINGTON HIGH ST.MY ABODE ROAMING GROUNDS & OR ANYWHERE ELSE CHEERS LUV, ALL THE VERY BEST OF MERRY JOLLY GREETINGS &KINDEST REGARDS DARLING WWW.BFBS.COM OLAFF:)

October 22, 2008 at 9:33 AM  

sorry i meant "although it is good having a vantage point"!!!cheers luv:)

October 22, 2008 at 9:36 AM  

waw all that happened in UAE,LOL.......miss you Neo..

October 22, 2008 at 2:32 PM  

Hello Neurotic,
Yes, welcome to real world of UAE :-)
where laws only apply to non-locals and a place where its very hard to keep your sanity intact.
I lived 8 years in Dubai in the 80's and it was great then. Now, madness, with costs.....or to keep it short .... Lack of common sense.

I wish you all the best in AD.

Regards

October 22, 2008 at 3:43 PM  

Yes, I think a book would be a good idea. You should wait for an epiphany on what to write about, if you listen quietly, it will come to you.

October 22, 2008 at 6:07 PM  

Olaff, what if I dont go to Kensington? Lol

IT, Yessssssssss...And more!!! How are you doing???

Anon, tell me all about it. Its CRAZY!!!When I told one of estate agents my budget for renting a 2 bedroom flat, he laughed at me!!! He said you will never find anything not even a half a bedroom!!! Can you imagine? And the people. Oh the people have changed so much!!! It just is ridiculous.

I have a great idea WH, but I cant seem to have the incentive to write. Its here, in my mind. But on paper, I doubt im capable :(

October 22, 2008 at 11:47 PM  

That's not the "real world". It's the "wrong" world.

October 23, 2008 at 3:34 AM  

NEUROTICA LUV,IF YOU SUGGEST MAYBE DUBAI THERE IS A NICE CAFETERIA NEAR HSBC BUR DUBAI CARFOUR SUPERMARKET ALONGSIDE THE (3ABBRA )CREEK OR,DO YOU KNOW HSBC SHARJAH THERE ARE SOME THERE BUT ALONGSIDE THE CREEK IS NICE .AT ANY RATE IF YOU LIKE WE MAY AIM FOR NOV. SOMETIME SEND ME AN E.MAIL ALL THE VERY BEST OF GREETINGS &KINDEST REGARDS DARLING CHEERS OLAFF:)

October 23, 2008 at 2:16 PM  

sorry luv, I meant, DO YOU KNOW OF HSBC SHARJAH THERE ARE SOME CAFES.THAT ARE NICE AROUND THERE NEAR KING FAISAL RD. ANYWHERE THAT SUITS YOU LUV. CHEERS OLAFF:)

October 23, 2008 at 2:22 PM  

welcome to my land :)

btw, you will notice this with time, but in the uae everyone is extremist.. from the newby to the locals to the established expats...

everyone is extreme in his own way.

from the parking in the middle of the road rude man,, to the young mirror rude mad.. to the guy that drives at 160kmh in the city centre at night and the woman that does 60 kmh in the fast lane of the highway.

everyone just believes they are right and are not open to opinions.. thus are extremists!

October 26, 2008 at 2:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home