Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape neurotic Iraqi wife: Revisiting the Angel of Humanity...

neurotic Iraqi wife

September 11, 2008

Revisiting the Angel of Humanity...

I wrote this tribute 2 years ago. And I would like to rekindle Kristin's spirits.


11 September 2006
Its a great honour for me to take part in honouring those who gave their lives on that fateful day... Today Im gonna pay tribute to a young lady by the name of Kristin A. Irvine-Ryan... When I got assigned to write about Kristin, I was utterly shocked by the similarites we had...Kristin, a 30 year old woman, newly married lost her life in the World Trade Center... But I personally dont believe that those who died on that day are actually dead...No they are here, here with their families...Looking over them...guarding them...There's a saying in Quran which says :Dont believe that those who die are dead, infact they are with God alive and well... Kristin is now an angel...An angel right next to God...

The more I researched about Kristin, the more I felt connected to her... Kristin was no ordinary person...She co founded a charity Secret Smiles and never told her family about it... She didnt want to flaunt it... From the testimonies I read, Kristin was one hot headed woman, very determined, very focused and most of all always there...always there to lend a hand... Kristin, I know that you will never be forgotten...You and the 3000 people that lost their lives that day are here...You are here with us...You are here with us to remind us....To remind us that we have to fight...fight those who not only invaded our freedom, but also took away the most precious thing we had... Our Lives...

Kristin, I write to you and my heart is filled with sadness and anger...I write to you in hope that you can hear me...hear my cries, hear my pain... I write to you and my heart is clenched... The images of those towers...Those mighty towers, a sign of power...a sign of no fear, crumbling into dust... That day I was sitting at my office in London, watching in horror the events that took place... Watching and my tears never stopped flowing... The images of people having to choose between choking to death, or falling to their deaths... I always wandered, everyday ever since that day how did people feel...What was going inside their minds... What was their last thoughts...What was your last thought Kristin... What was your last words??? I will never know...

I come from a religeon that respects life... Theres a saying in Quran, One who kills an innocent life is like killing a whole nation... Those who did this act are nothing but sinners... They will go to hell and you mark my words... Islam does not believe in them, for they interpret God's words to serve their own agenda, their own evil hunger... I am a Muslim, yet I cried for you, I cried for all of you... I am a Muslim and I condemned these heinous acts... I am a Muslim, yet those who committed these crimes are no brothers of mine...Kristin, your memory will go on... Your spirit is here, here with those who care...

Five years ago, humanity was shaken... Five years later and humanity is still at war... We are at war with Terrorism... Terrorism has taken new forms and new shape... Terrorism has taken over my country Iraq... Terrorism has taken hundreds of thousands of lives...Innocent Lives... But as I said, these lives may not be here with us physically, but their spirits are lingering about, protecting us with the help of God... You know Kristin, I always thought that those who die innocently are the chosen ones... The chosen ones by God... They are the ones that will fill heaven with their goodness... Fill heaven with their spirits... Kristin, your loss probably was beyond painful, but I say this, you are the lucky ones...The lucky ones that were chosen by God on that Day...

As I write this, Im getting goosebumps...For all of a sudden I feel a surge of energy...A strange tingling feeling that just ran through my body... I just looked outside the window, and I can see a glimpse of the Sun's rays trying hard to fight the clouds... Is that You Kristin...Is that You??? Is that you trying to shed a smile on Brendan and your family???

I dont know you Kristin, but somehow, I really wish I did...I really wish I had met you, I wish I had spoken to you... I have so many questions in my mind... We come from two different cultures yet I feel so close...so close to your ideas...to your ways... Kristin, I may not have suffered the pain your family suffered with your loss...But Im suffering everyday through the Iraqi children's eyes...Those eyes that are innocently forced shut by the same people that ended your life... We will get them Kristin, if not in my lifetime then in my children's life time... We have to get them...We have to...There is no other way...

Your name and your Spirit Kristin A Irvine-Ryan will ever be engraved in millions of people's minds and hearts and I assure you it will forever be engraved in mine...For you are still here, still here with us...Your spirit is soaring high above...Soaring in the ever blue skies...Soaring above with your wings flapping...Flapping in the beautiful breeze... The breeze of hope, the breeze of Life...Flapping forever for you are an Angel... An Angel of Humanity...
posted by neurotic_wife at 4:40 PM

6 Comments:

What a meaningful and beautifully written tribute! Thank you for posting it again!
Two years after I first read it, I hope the world is one step closer to defeating the terrorists you described so well.

Bamboo

September 12, 2008 at 2:40 AM  

WOW!!! I don't know exactly what to say but I am truly impressed with your wonderful article.

Just wanted to thank you for posting such a lovely article.

September 12, 2008 at 5:06 AM  

gosh, neurotica, in fact you did solve my question and i missed it. you said "No tib, thats just it. Its NOT a partnership. In some cases, yes, in others NO." so that is it, sometimes it is and sometimes not, that is why it is so hard to understand. thanks for your (and the others also) patience and sorry about my stubbornness, i am a little obsessed with answers...
great article, btw, very moving.

September 12, 2008 at 7:46 AM  

Wow, NIW that sent chills up my spine and brought me back to that day when I was sitting in my living room feeding my 5-day old son glued to the television trying to take in what I was watching. First came the shock, then the sadness for all of the innocent lives lost and then the anger, is it over or are there going to be more attacks, then I became frightened for my newborn son because we live very close to an Air Force base and I kept wondering if we would next. This was a great post it brought tears to my eyes.

September 12, 2008 at 4:24 PM  

NEUROTICA LUV TODAYS THREAT IS FROM THE PRESENT TERRORISTS, NAMELY THEIRANIEN AXIS OF EVIL ,THE TIME TO ELIMINATE THIS THREAT IS NOW &AVOID ANY SUCH TERRIBLE CALAMITY .ALL THE VERY BEST OF MERRY JOLLY GREETINGS &KINDEST REGARDS WWW.BFBS.COM CHEERS "OLAFF"

September 13, 2008 at 9:00 AM  

Brendan and Kristy Ryan knew each other most of their lives. They were best friends, soulmates and, for 94 days, husband and wife.

"We knew each other when we were 12 years old, and we always knew we would end up together," said Brendan Ryan, who married Kristy on June 9. "My heart goes out to the fiancees affected by this tragedy. When I talk about it, I can say, 'Kristy is my wife.' At least we had our day. I'll always have that to hold on to."

Kristy Irvine Ryan was an equities trader for Sandler O'Neill and Partners and worked on the 104th floor of Two World Trade Center. On the morning of Sept. 11, she spoke to Brendan three times.

"She was very calm and very poised," said Brendan, 30. "She said they made an announcement that the fire was contained and the building was safe. When the second plane hit, the phone went dead. She called right back and said, 'We're going down now.'

"I said, 'I love you' and 'call me when you get down.' The more I kept seeing the replay of the second plane, I knew."

Kristy, 30, grew up in Huntington and graduated from St. Anthony's High School and the University of Dayton in Ohio. She enjoyed reading novels, writing, listening to music and taking walks in the couple's Greenwich Village neighborhood. The things most dear to her were her husband and family and the idea of helping others.

"I always looked up to her in so many ways," said her sister Michelle, 27, who lives in Tucson, Ariz. "Because we were close in age, I could tell her anything. She was a great listener, and she was such a great friend."

Kristy's gift for listening often made her the sister each sibling confided in. "She was my anchor," said her sister Wendy Toomey, 35, of Cary, N.C. "She was always there for you. She had time for everybody whether her day was busy or not. She was very involved in my children's lives. I named my daughter Kristin after her, and she's godmother to my son, Dean."

September 15, 2008 at 7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home