Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape neurotic Iraqi wife: The Faces of Innocence...

neurotic Iraqi wife

September 18, 2008

The Faces of Innocence...

It seems Im on a rant week about the government. I cant stop myself. Even in normal conversations with coworkers, and over the phone with my family AND HUBBY I just go off and get angry about the whole situation simply because its frustrating the hell out of me, and I cannot do anything about it except type these words!!!

The other day, the govt’s spokesman, Ali Al Dabbagh, was on TV and had the nerve of saying “We don’t need America’s money to rebuild Iraq, we have enough Iraqi money” O…H….M….Y….G….O….D!!!! And although my shoes are so so dear to me, I couldn’t help but grab my trainers and threw it with all my might at his face!!!UGHHHHHHHH. Wish it was for real!

For the love of God, whose money is it that was spent the last five years? Planet Mars’s Money? We KNOW Iraq is a rich country, we don’t need someone like you to tell us. Funny how they say that so lightly yet many of the Iraqis live in poverty. So Mr Ali, can you show us the Money please? Or is it sewn so deep in your pockets that you cant reach it!!! Ok, don’t show us just use the friggin money to benefit the people. Your people that you so care about.

Im telling you, these people are in denial big time. They need to be institutionalized for mental and psychological problems. Either that, or they suffer from really bad amnesia! Maybe we need to get them some memory pills as a Eid present, will that do the trick? Or how about Microsoft or Sony (Im outta touch with the latest play station gadgets) come up with a game, or more like a movie, which shows the timelines and events that took place. Each govt personnel will sit in an isolated chamber with a headset, and one of those 3D glasses and watch what REALLY happened, and WHO spent all the money on the rebuilding! Seriously now, I mean COME ON!!!

I am so damn angry. Really! Apart from the news that keep getting on my nerves, I have also been following this Iraqi series called the “Pasha”. Yeah I was done with Nour (Turkish Soap Opera), and now its Nouri! It basically is a story about Nouri Al Saeed’s life and the British Occupation. It amazes me how 90 year old events are repeating themselves. Its true what they say, History really does repeat itself. The same dilemmas, the same mentality.

You would think after all the advancement the world has evolved into, Iraqis would learn. But NO. We cant learn from the past. It’s a sin to go for something new. It’s a sin to put the Iraqi people’s welfare above everything. How can we. It goes against all our principles! We just love to relive events time and time and time AGAIN. That’s the way we are, We suffer from OCD. Yeah that’s exactly it!!!



Maybe I should quit writing for awhile, because I feel I have become like a broken record. Either that, or maybe I should boycott the news. What do you think? Ofcourse frustration has to be followed by something even better! SUFFOCATION! Yaaaaaaay. We were inundated with a 3 day long dust storm. Certainly something I will NOT miss once I leave here. We barely were able to breathe! I wonder how my insides look if I go for a full check up?!? Doubt I wanna do that. My mom told me, that before I set foot in their house and give her a kiss on the cheeks, I should 1- go see a Dr to check my mental state (LOL) and 2- go to a full cleansing clinic that will spray me with antibacterial cleanser incase I acquired filthy diseases! She just makes me laugh. I love my mom.

Oh and to top all the above, you know how badly Im trying to avoid farewells etc. Well what to do you say when MY Boss, ORDERED me to be available for the monthly hail and farewell ceremony they hold for their employees. HE ORDERED ME!!! Its in a few days, so Im trying to come up with a very cheeky plan. Something along the lines of eating raw defrosted piece of fish which will guarantee me a bed in the clinic!!! With that I will be killing two birds with one stone. One, get poisoned and will not be available on THAT day, and TWO make my mom happy cause my insides will be cleansed out!!! Yaaaaaaaay. I knew I am smart…hehe. If anyone has better ideas, then please do share, I need all the help I can to get out of it!

One final note, its been a great struggle for me to find one good NGO, that I can trust so I can donate money which I KNOW and am SURE will benefit the Iraqis, especially the orphans in Iraq. A few weeks ago, we received a newsletter of this website, Generation Iraq
, I immediately got intouch with one of the ladies who is based in the US, and she was extremely forthright and helpful. I can safely say, the money will go to a good cause because they have people HERE, here on the ground.

Please, if you feel you can give away $35 a month or even more to sponsor an Iraqi orphan then get intouch with them. It is for a good cause. I will never ever forget the images of these boys that were deprived of the basics of life that were left struggling, starved to death. NEVER. I will leave here, knowing that although I didn’t build schools, bridges, etc, I atleast managed to put a smile on a few Faces. The Faces of Innocence…

posted by neurotic_wife at 8:48 AM

9 Comments:

It seems a fair amount of money from the U.S. and Iraq has flowed away from it's people. I would recommend taking a break from watching the news cycle, or understand like alot of people in the West do, that it's better than the Comedy Club it you look at it analytically.
CNN and Fox(Faux) news are seen as mouth pieces for ideologies, rather than firm intellectual Journalism.
One last thing, if you think Democracy is different from a Dictatorship your wrong. In the West we just choose our Dictator for the next 4 years, and the Bureaucracy is where the real power lies.Don't take it all too serious, no one gets off the planet alive.

September 18, 2008 at 3:43 PM  

You gave them a chance.

September 19, 2008 at 4:45 AM  

So you watched a tv series about Iraq and thought that the Iraqi's hadn't learnt anything ? To an extent it's true but that doesn't apply to all Iraqi's it only applies to a small segment of Iraqi's and Arabs who think that the west actually cares about them and gives a damn and will do anything in their interest. And who continue to betray their countries for a better western one and never admit their role in the demise of their countries. That segment includes you. If you and people like you had really loved your country and bothered to learn about history and nuri before you supported America there would be alot more of it left to save.
I guess admiting treason is tough and you thought your government was in self denial, show me a traitor who isn't ?

September 19, 2008 at 5:41 AM  

I don't understand how innovation and progress can allow the term traitor a function. Like kids grow out of coloring books. People shake their heads at me a lot I guess cause I'm always asking them "Are We Fucked?" Not the first or the last. When the people are immovable as the season their had better be a fuck of a lot of people. Something said for killing them softly. I don't know who says it.

September 19, 2008 at 8:42 AM  

"I don't understand how innovation and progress"

Selling out your country to a foreign one and allowing foreign bases on it and serving the interests of foreign oil companies at the expense of your own countries interests isn't innovative or progressive its a centuries old trait called treason !

September 20, 2008 at 12:04 AM  

"Something said for killing them softly. I don't know who says it."

Start with your own people, the ones who voted for Bush twice and are now supporting Mccain, cause I can tell you they are fucked and way more than the people who can't do anything under a dictatorship ...

September 20, 2008 at 12:09 AM  

NEUROTICA LUV IT IS INTERESTING READING YOUR COMMENT ON THE HISTORY OF IRAQ A 100 YEARS AGO & FURTHER BACK INCLUDING "NURI AL SAEED" 40 YEAR PREMIERSHIP INFACT THE VISION THAT OUR OWN SIR T.E. LAWRENCE HAD BEEN COOPERATION WITHIN THE BRITISH COMMONWEALTH NOT OCCUPATION & THERE IS A GREAT DEAL TO BE SIAD FOR THE TIMES & CIRCUMSTANSES UNDER WHICH NURI PASHA HAD TO IMPLEMENT POLICIES !!!TO MANY,, WHO,D RATHER HAVE THEAXISOFEVIL NEXT DOOR !!!!HE HAD BEEN DISLIKED BUT IN REALITY SINCE HIS TIMES & ORIGINAL PLANNING & THE VISION OF SIR T.E.LAWRENCE THE BOOK "THE 7PILLARS OF WISDOM"ANGLO-ARABIAN PENINSULA PART OF THE BRITISH COMMONWEALTH ,THERE HAD BEEN NOTHING BUT A DETERIORATION IN THE NATION & THE REGION ,ALAS A GREAT DEAL MIGHT HAVE BEEN ACHIEVED IN PROSPERITY & IMPROVEMENT OF THE LOT OF THE PEOPLE MUCH LIKE THE ARABIAN GULF REGION TODAY IF IRAQ HAD STAYED WITHIN THE ORIGINAL FRAMEWORK LOOK AT DUBAI SOUTHEAST ASIA BRUNAI & LOADS OF EXAMPLES GLOBALLY NOT MENTION CULTURAL &EDUCATIONAL & FREE BUSINESS ENTERPRISE COOPERATION,, NOT OCCUPATION.ALL THE VERY BEST OF GREETINGS &KINDEST REGARDS WWW.BFBS.COM CHEERS "OLAFF"

September 20, 2008 at 9:10 AM  

The world must be peace.

October 10, 2008 at 1:57 PM  

To Whom It May Concern

Recently, I came across a site who is stealing content from your site. Here is an example of one article from your site.

Original Content

http://neurotic-iraqi-wife.blogspot.com/2008/09/faces-of-innocence.html

Infringed Content

http://www.fftyc.cn/index.php/article/marketing/2009-02-14/6310.html

There may be many more such articles scrapped by this site. Please take a look.

I have kept my identity anonymous for obvious reasons.

February 14, 2009 at 2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home