Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape neurotic Iraqi wife: The “REALLY” Question…

neurotic Iraqi wife

September 06, 2008

The “REALLY” Question…

“Are you REALLY leaving?” a question I have been asked every single day ever since I got back from my vacation, more so TODAY!!! OH MY GOD. Maybe I should have one of those fluorescent yellow post it notes stuck to my forehead with the word “YES REALLY” so their question gets answered without even uttering the words. Seriously now. And what bugs me even more is when someone asks me and at that same moment some other person overhears it and would answer on MY BEHALF “No she isn’t”. Hmmmm, when did I lose my freedom of speech???

Well Im glad to see the great interest everyone is having with my departure. My departure AND departure date. Never thought it would be such an interesting source of conversation between people. I know some are sad and others probably cant wait to see me LEAVE, at the same time, I need them to understand that although I took that decision, it doesn’t mean that Im not sensitive and emotional about it. Bloody hell, Im leaving behind memories, memories of the only time I have lived in my own country, memories that I can actually remember. So no I don’t appreciate people reminding me every second of the day….Ughhhhh


Some have even suggested a farewell do. WOW. No thanks is always my answer. Dont want any farewells, nor speeches. I just want to leave in peace. Yes its nice of them to suggest it, but no, because I know my emotions will takeover, and once my emotions do that, it will be a never ending story. Best way is to escape, escape the incognito way :)

That’s all Im posting today. Maybe tomorrow will be better. A day void of that horrible irritating question. The “REALLY” Question…
posted by neurotic_wife at 8:17 PM

10 Comments:

Then they can know where the sidewalk ends.

September 7, 2008 at 12:47 AM  

Some cause happiness wherever they go, others cause happiness whenever they go. :)

September 7, 2008 at 3:34 AM  

HELLO NEUROTICA LUV,NEVERMIND THEM!!SIMPLY DISREGARD THEIR COMMENTS & FORGE FORTH ALONGSIDE THE MEMORIES YOU HOLD & YES WE,LL HAVE A CHAT ANY TIME YOU LIKE OVER COFFEE AT THE BRITISH EX OFFICERS CLUB IN ABU DHABI ALL THE VERY BEST OF MERRY JOLLY GREETINGS &KINDEST REGARDS WWW.BFBS.COM CHEERS "OLAFF":)

September 7, 2008 at 9:30 AM  

Ha ha Bill, love the quote!

NIW, any decisions on where you and hubby will call home?

Always,
Melanie

September 8, 2008 at 12:46 AM  

Lol Bill, thats actually one of my favourate quotes. I used it once at a meeting when they announced someone I really loathed had left :). Im sure people will use it when I leave too,lol..

Melanie, not sure yet, but i think for the time being its gonna be AD.

Olaff, it just frustrates me to have to answer every day...

September 8, 2008 at 7:51 AM  

NEUROTICA LUV, IT IS ANNOYING HAVING TO PUT UP WITH NOSEY PARKERS WHO ARE REALLY INTERESTED IN OTHER PEOPLE,S MOVEMENTS FOR SHEER GOSSIP OR TO FIND OUT IF THERE IS ANYTHING IN IT FOR THEM !OR PURE ENVY OF SOMEONE MAKING A MOVE WHILE THEY MAYBE HAVE TO SIT THERE FOR ONE REASON OR ANOTHER !!!SO ALL THE CURIOSITY STEMS FROM ONE REASON OR ANOTHER!!!!!STILL PLOD ON & I USUALLY DISREGARD SUCH TYPES ,GIVE A SNYDE REMARK OR SIMPLY A SARCASTIC GRIN,ALL THE VERY BEST OF MERRY JOLLY GREETINGS &KINDEST REGARDS WWW.BFBS.COM CHEERS DARLING UNTIL THE COFFEE SITTING IN ABU-DHABI THEN:)

September 8, 2008 at 9:05 AM  

Good luck with your new move Neurotica.. bittawfeeg inshalla.. I presume you're down to AD.. it will be fun, I'm sure :)

September 10, 2008 at 2:20 AM  

Buj, thanx!!!Yes AD yaaaaaaaaaaaaay...Cant wait to spend time with family, Ive been away from them for too long now....

September 10, 2008 at 7:46 AM  

Salam Neurotica.. inshalla you will enjoy AD and come to love it. It will make quite a change from the green zone.. Did you know that AD is my fav city to live in after I'm done with the UK? Followed by Manama/Doha...

September 12, 2008 at 3:38 PM  

I found a great deal of effective data in this post!

March 14, 2012 at 11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home