Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape neurotic Iraqi wife: The Awakening...

neurotic Iraqi wife

April 13, 2008

The Awakening...

Camouflage Smoke in the GZ is a new phenomena. Nooooo, I don’t mean the “whooshy” smoke but cig smokes. I have been here for almost three years. And in my three years I can say that 99.7% of the military that work with me are non smokers. Not only non smokers, but they have those annoying personalities where if they see you smoke they give you an hour long lecture about how “unhealthy” cigs are for you. Bla bla bla. Some even joke and tell me “Hey Neurotica, smoking will stunt your growth”. <<<<< Rolling my eyes

There are some who refuse to come out of the closet though and instead hide behind their cigars. Cigs are bad but smoking cigars isn’t, what BS. But recently I have started seeing both men and women in uniform hiding in the courtyard corner smoking. The courtyard that was once filled with just us “contractors” is now being invaded. Is it the stress that drive people to smoke? I think that’s what it is. I know a few who told me they had quit smoking for 15 or 20 years and started again when they came here. Yup, this place makes you pick up a lot of “bad” habits. I guess I need to get used to seeing smoke in camouflage.

Its been an odd and depressing two days since Col M left. Or maybe its me getting too antsy before I leave for my vacation. The worst part of travelling is the packing and unpacking. Although I have to admit I have become a pro. Ummm cant say that about HUBBY. This is us usually hours before we travel.

Me: HUBBY when will you pack
HUBBY: When is our flight?
Me: Hmm, in like 7 hours
HUBBY: Oh we have plenty of time
Me: WHAT?
HUBBY: Sweetie, why panic. Packing is a piece of cake, all I need is five minutes before we leave. I will just throw the stuff in.
ME wishing theres like a real hard wall so I can bang my head on.

And true to his word, HUBBY does EXACTLY what he says. While I pack everything so neatly hours and sometimes a day before then check the room a few times more if I had forgotten anything, HUBBY just sits there, smoking his cig, sipping his coke and checking emails!!! A few minutes before our ride, he finally realizes that its time to pack his stuff, he just gathers everything in his arm, throws it in the suitcase and voila, he is ready to rock and roll!!! Wowww!!! That actually impresses me. It really does :)

Funny how people change. I used to be just like HUBBY before I got married. But I would start packing an hour or two before going to the airport and continue packing till the cab calls me informing he is downstairs waiting. One of the many things I adore about HUBBY though is his coolness. At first, it used to drive me nuts. But now, I realized what a great combination we have. Im extremely bad tempered and I do lose it at times, but HUBBY, HUBBY is just cool. I used to think it’s the age but Im definitely convinced its not after seeing a few people in HUBBY’s same age group that totally lose their temper over the most trivial things. I mean please cmon, give me a break.

Anyhow, I will end this post with a picture of Col M and the abbaya and yeshmakh we presented him at his farewell lunch. He looked very nice. When we took some group pictures, he pulled me next to him since Im one of those whose growth was stunted :) And no, it wasn’t because of smoking, I blame it on my vegetarianism at a very sensitive age. Lol. While standing next to Col M, I said “Col M, you know, you look so much like the Awakening with this” Cuz he really did. He laughed...Hmmm, can I call this post the Awakening? The American Awakening? Photobucket
Uhoh I feel another post is coming through my head, but you know what, I will give it a rest today. And instead Im gonna call this just The Awakening...

posted by neurotic_wife at 5:47 PM

21 Comments:

Cigarettes are still a functional part of dietary placing. Chemical commitment can have dire effects. Post war food and supplement intake can lead to all sorts of modern genocide. Granted cigarettes are handy tools for humanist approaches to understanding social dynamics. Addiction is after all a common zeitgeist and can lead to effects such as exercise and martial law. My favorite law. Dietary planning and habitual orientation are common side effects of tragedy and learning. As far as awakening my understanding was putting the "Trailer Park Riot" to a much needed R.I.P. Mob mentality is a lucid wonderland of close minded euphoria. I guess every dumb blonde chick needs help traveling back to Narnia or Kansas or where ever and I'm pretty much already strung out mmm coffee. A little bit of America dies each and every day. My promise to bad kids.

April 13, 2008 at 7:14 PM  

There are people who strictly deprive themselves of each and ever eatable, drinkable and smokable which has in any way acquired a shady reputation. They pay this price for health. And health is all they get for it. How strange it is. It is like paying out your whole fortune for a cow that has gone dry.
- Mark Twain's Autobiography

April 13, 2008 at 8:20 PM  

smoking makes the boobs sag!!! lucky i am a male; Love cigars but only in moderation & that means with scotch
Blessings

April 14, 2008 at 1:00 AM  

I'm so organized at packing. If I packed my bag in five minutes, like hubby, my mind wouldn't turn off: Did I pack this, did I pack that. Even packing carefully, I always forget something important.
I think it's a good metaphor for how one thinks.
I like to be at the airport hours before my flight. I have friends who are always late. I can't stand the stress of being late, of finding a parking space, a shuttle bus, then standing in line, enduring security checks and finally racing down the concourse, remembering the belt I should have packed but forgot.

April 14, 2008 at 1:04 AM  

NIW,

Ya know, when health nuts get old, they are gonna feel real stupid lying in hospital dying of absolutely nothing.

Always,
Melanie

April 14, 2008 at 1:35 AM  

NEUROTICA LUV; PACKING IN AN ORDERLY WAY & MINIMISING YOUR SELECTION TO THE ABSOLUTE SLENDER ;LEAN REQUIRED ITEMS FOR TRAVEL IS NOT ALWAYS ACCOMPLISHED SPEEDILY IN A TIGHT TIME SPAN ;??!!ALTHOUGH IF YOU´VE PACKED YOUR KIT & RUCKSACK ENOUGH ;TIME??!! & AGAIN YOU´LL HAVE AN IDEA OF BASIC NEEDS FOR CLOTHING & TOILETRIES & MAYBE A SNACK ;& ALL IMPORTANT MUSIC EARPLUGS:) PLUS YOUR SMALL PURSE HANDBAG TICKETS & EXPENSE ITEMS ?IN THAT ORDER & SO READY TO ROLL::)"THAT IS A GREAT PHOTO OF A SIR T. E. LAWRENCE LOOK ALIKE:)MARVELOUS DARLING:) ALL THE VERY BEST OF MERRY JOLLY GREETINGS FOR A LOVELY HOLS ;KINDEST REGARDS CHEERS WWW.bfbs.com." YOUR OLAFF:)

April 14, 2008 at 3:38 AM  

something about people clinging to life makes me want to actually participate in a relationship and smell like condom lube for a few hours everyday. I wonder if they name black girls Melanie? Maybe I should google that?

April 14, 2008 at 3:47 AM  

When berated about smoking I usually explain it's a matter of public safety. " What do you mean" says them? Well says I," I smoke to relax and de-stress, and while I'm smoking I'm not smacking you with a very large stick". :O LOL, Solo

April 14, 2008 at 2:33 PM  

Actually, Edit_Mommies, the name Melanie comes from the word 'melanin' which is the pigment element in our skin. The darker you are, the more melanin you have. Melanie actually means darkly clothed, or dark-skinned. Why my mother gave me this name is beyond me. I'm whiter than a ghost.

Melanie

April 14, 2008 at 4:52 PM  

MELANIE;LUV I ALWAYS HAD THE SENSATION OF THE BEAUTIFUL PERSON YOU ARE WITHIN:) NO MATTER THE OUTER APPEARANCE & FAR BE IT FROM & FOR ANY REASON THAT YOU HAVE TO EXPLAIN YOURSELF TO ANYONE LUV:)ALL THE VERY BEST OF GREETINGS & KINDEST REGARDS MATEYS:)WWW.bfbs.com"YOURS OLAFF:)

April 14, 2008 at 8:00 PM  

Melanie maybe your a snowflake baby? I'll call the Christian Government and ask for a brochure. Melanie I saw a white girl at a bar I think I like. She's puffy like wheat.

April 14, 2008 at 8:52 PM  

i wish you have a good r&r neurotica. and if you bump into some nice cypriot marriage, don't forget to take some pictures for your fellow readers.

April 14, 2008 at 11:36 PM  

Aw thanks Olaff. :)

Melanie

April 15, 2008 at 12:39 AM  

Ha, I'm definitely one of those people who waits till the last second. God, sometimes I procrastinate so long that I end up doing laundry at the hotel at the start of my vacation. Tisk Tisk.

Hey Neurotica, hope you and Hubby have a great, relaxing, and refreshing vacation... we all know you've certainly earned it! Would love to see some pics! Take care, and blessings.

April 15, 2008 at 3:52 AM  

Hey Neurotica! I finally started my own blog. Not much, but hey, it's a start :)

Always,
Melanie

April 15, 2008 at 7:11 AM  

Lol Bill, I like that..

Anon, huh???Boobs sag cuz of smoking???Is there a study abt that? Thats too funny...

Seraphine, you sound just like me. I hate going to the airport last minute. While HUBBY on the otherhand, does just that...Ughhh

Melanie, Thats exactly it, they will die becaue they were too "healthy" :)I will check out your blog tonight, im sure its great...And btw, thanx for the info on the name, I live knowing the meaning of names..Tht was very interesting...

Hmm Solo, you know what, Im gonna say that next time and see what kinda response I get :)

Thanx Tib, I definitely will take loads of pics!!!

Anon, that sounds just like HUBBY. He does his laundry at the hotel from day 1!!!Lol

April 15, 2008 at 7:42 AM  

I did acutually read that it did make boobs sag!!! But having worked with a few ladies that smoked very heavy for many years I will say personal observation is that it pickles the skin and makes it look weather beaten so smoke away!!!

April 15, 2008 at 9:07 AM  

MELANIE LUV; NOT AT ALL; ANYTIME:)ALL THE VERY BEST OF MERRY JOLLY GREETINGS & KINDEST REGARDS CHEERS OLAFF:)

April 17, 2008 at 12:02 AM  

I didn't mention, I don't much care for cigar smoke. Smoke in general bothers me. Incense, cigarettes, brush fires. Burning plastic.
I like the smell of brownies baking though. The world would be a happier place if everyone baked brownies, I think.
The smell of new books intrigues me. I also like the smell of freshly shampood hair.
Oh, and the smell of tropical island air. I like that too.

April 19, 2008 at 9:12 AM  

Wow, could you imagine a whole city baking brownies at the same time! mmmmmmmmm, Solo

April 19, 2008 at 1:55 PM  

When I was living in downtown Chicago, there was a brownie factory across the street from my building. What a treat it was to wake up every morning to the smell of fresh baked brownies! I never got sick of it. Though, if I had to choose, I'd take tropical island air over brownies any day, Seraphine.

Neurotica's in Greece, right? What an interesting life she lives!

~Abby~

April 19, 2008 at 8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home