Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape neurotic Iraqi wife: Paradise Under my Feet...

neurotic Iraqi wife

November 07, 2004

Paradise Under my Feet...

What a bummer, I wrote a whole post and it couldnt get published and now its down the drains. Anyways I will try and rewrite it, but I aint as excited as I was at first.

I finally got our vacation tickets as you can see. I got the bungalow, the panoramic view, the honeymoon treatment, the whole shebang. I hope that it will all go smoothly by the time we reach there, for I have many surprises and entertainment programs for HUBBY....Oh and I finally managed to buy the vouchers for my brother, yippeee.

I also went to the bank today, since I cant keep on withdrawing cash everytime I wanna get something. I went there and asked for a debit card, they told me that they dont deal with debit cards. I said fine I want a credit card then. The lady asked me which company? I said no company this is my personal account, she said ok where do you work?Hmm, I said I dont. She shook her head and said, sorry then madam we cant help you, we only give credit cards to employed people. I told her but I have a steady monthly income, wheres the problem in that???She smiled and said sorry ma'am this is bank policy.

I argued and argued until I felt disgusted with myself, and told her fine, how about if I lie to you and get a letter from a company saying I work there???She smiled and said, well you need to show us a labour card. God, I was gonna explode. As I was about to get up from the uncomfy chair, she looked at me sympathisingly since I actually did look in an unenviable state, and whispered, theres another bank that issues debit cards and that can be of better help to you, check it out. I felt bad for getting angry at her, but its like everything I wanna do is No this and no that, and policy this and policy that. I told her Im sorry for being so upset and I explained to her about the lost money. Then I said instead of going backwards in this life we should always strive to move forwards, she mimed to me I know....

But that was in the morning, and by the time I got my vacation tickets, I had some of the misery disappear. Then I bumped into my bestfriend at the mall. She was with her 2 yr old daughter. As we were looking around in one of the shops, the daughter started throwing up big time. The poor baby. My BF, took out some baby wipes, wiped the floor, wiped her daughter then carried her, all done in such utter calm. I stood there in shock. Wowww, if that was me, I probably would have paniced and didnt know what to do. Almost all my friends have children, And I just admire their strength, their patience and their perseverence. I too wanna be a mom, but would I be a good mom???Thats the question, and thats scary. Will I be able to look after them without panicing???without wailing if they sneeze or cough???Will I be able to handle it???Just the thought sends shivers down my spine...Im scared and IT IS SCARY....

I mean I look at my friends, and Im mind boggled. Where did they learn all this from??? How are they able to keep their calm???I guess you learn how to deal with situations once you face them. My friends tell me, that having kids, changed their lives completely. Sure it did, cuz priorities change. Once you have children, then you strive to do everything for their own benefit and forget your own wants needs cuz at the end of the day its your children that are important. My friends do go out, they do take care of themselves but ofcourse not as often as before, its more now, where do we take the kids???which mall has a play area, etc... not where shall we have coffee? will it be starbucks, or Mug and bean....

I also salute every women who has kids, and is living away from her husband, either because they are in a war zone, or are in distant places. I felt the strength of many of them, it must be real difficult, and very very lonely at times. But I admire the strength and perseverence that they have.

In the Quran there's a verse that says, Paradise is under Mothers' Feet, and thats so true. Mothers suffer inorder to make their kids happy. I really do appreciate the love, the time and effort that my own mother has put into us. At first when I got married I was so adamant to have kids straight away, but HUBBY said that I should stopping stressing myself out, cuz that will only reflect negatively. Thats why I m taking things as they come, but I too one day would like to have This Paradise Under My feet.....
posted by neurotic_wife at 9:57 PM

8 Comments:

huhu, thats the public face of motherhood. What you don't see is the coming home and locking oneself into the bathroom while they destroy the house LOLLLL.

But as for baby puke, well-- that's what they do-- excrete stuff (and look cute). What fun!

On a side note, it's good to have the husband back once they return, even if the slack they pick up isn't always 50%, alhamdulillah hehe

November 8, 2004 at 5:31 AM  

I agree - enjoy the time now! The only time I really panicked as a mother was when my first was about 1 week old. She was sleeping beautifully in the bassinet and it hit me like a brick wall - OMG, that is another full brand new human being in that bassinet - what the hell am I supposed to DO??!! (that postpartum time can be kind of crazy...) I was 33 at the time - old enough to know better! Anyway - when it comes to throw up and other bodily functions with tots it's all in a days work. I agree to relax about it no matter that you seem to hear that question all the time. I'm glad that you got everything settled with the tickets and all - geez - it's as bad as in Philly. NOTHING gets done easily - it's always a struggle...

November 8, 2004 at 8:06 AM  

Lol, I have actually witnessed many of the baby stuff from my nephewns and niece. One time as I was cooing and carring my nephew when he was a baby, I looked at him and thought I saw a smile when all of a sudden, he opened his mouth and needless to say, everything just splattered one me,looooooooool. That was the last time I carried him. And on another occassion with another nephew, as my sister was changing his nappy, umm, he showered us with a blissful pee,OMG.lol. Again that was the last time I stood there watching....

But kids are great, so cute and so smart. Though at a certain age they can be a pain in the butt, but still they are amazing.

As for the vacation, I still need to do some umm major shopping for umm (whispering here) some lingerie, and need to do major waxing, for if HUBBY came this second, he would probably have a heart attack from the unwaxed legs,LOL.....sorry for being so graphic. Major works have to be done pretty soon.....

November 8, 2004 at 3:15 PM  

*eyes closed trying not to imagine NW legs!*

*no no open eyes better!

phew!!

Sweetie... you just enjoy your vacation and relax... you'll know what to do when you have your own child in your arms... don't worry about that

November 8, 2004 at 3:47 PM  

Lol rampurple, believe me, they aint a sight for sore eyes,hehe.....

November 8, 2004 at 9:46 PM  

hi there, poor lonely wife,
would you please stop moaning about motherhood and do something useful to the society instead! what about reading (& understanding) the Quran to start with?? and hey, it isn't a quranic phrase (Paradise ....),but the saying of the prophet(s)!!! and it means a lot more than your .... brain have understood....and I hope you honestly do love your husband for you've got nothing else (at the moment) to give him.
forgive me if that was harsh - just plain truth - and I won't write more if you don't want to, promise.

a Watcher

March 10, 2005 at 3:21 AM  

Hello, I really like your 30 second online approval for credit card
blog, feel free to check out my 30 second online approval for credit card
site to find out more 30 second online approval for credit card
that may be you will find it's worth looking for.

October 14, 2005 at 3:56 PM  

czyszczenie wyk³adzin tapicerek

October 21, 2009 at 3:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home