Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape neurotic Iraqi wife: My Iraqi Earth......

neurotic Iraqi wife

September 13, 2004

My Iraqi Earth......

After spending some time yet again today with my relatives, I began to feel sorry for them. I managed to talk to the wife and what she told me about her life now in Iraq was really sad and heartbreaking. She's a woman in her late 30's who hasnt been outside Iraq for all her life, it was the first time she visits another country. She talked to me about her dreams and hopes and in the end when I asked her if they are considering of moving out and leaving Iraq for good, without any hesitation she said yes, yes we are definitely thinking about it.

She continued and said no matter how bad I will tell you the situation is, you wouldn't believe me, you just have to go and see it for yourself. She said most of the women have no life outside their houses. There are no cafe's or restaurants we can go to on the spur of the moment just women alone. She said even the shopping, even that we have to take guy relatives with us incase of kidnappings or assault. She said no one is safe in this Iraq. I asked her but surely you are glad Saddam is gone, she laughed sarcastically, and said, yes Saddam has gone to hell but many others have appeared.

She said, I want a life devoid of fear. She said I want to live, I dont want to die. She said everyday I fear for my husband and children's lives. If I hear that a bomb was hit somewhere I would immdiately panic and call my husband and if he doesnt answer I would go crazy. I laughed cause thats exactly how I felt yesterday(actually everyday), when mortars were all over the place and I probably tried HUBBY on his phone maybe for 2 bloody hours continiously to no avail, I just went mad. When I finally got through I gave him a piece of my mind. So I know exactly how she feels, I can relate to it very easily....

Life is difficult in Iraq, this is something no one can deny, but I still want to go. I want to go and see it for myself. I wanna go and look at everything HUBBY looks at. I wanna talk to the people that HUBBY talks to. I wanna alteast experience what he's experiencing even if its just for a few hours.

When HUBBY had his first vacation over a month ago now, he asked what would I like for him to get me from Iraq, apart from the Saddam watch(which I never got), I told him please get me Iraqi earth, Iraqi soil. And here it is right infront of me, the earth, the earth of my beloved country Iraq.

I just hope that its not a fake and in 30 yrs time HUBBY would suddenly pause the Star Trek(Generation XXXXX) movie while we are in bed and would tell me"darling do you remember 30 yrs ago when I got you this bottle full of soil?" and I would get my ear piece in place and shout"WHAT DARLING?WHAT DID YOU SAY?" then as if on different planets he would say "well its a fake I got it from the backyard",lol. I think by then I will seriously become Mrs BOBBIT(if I had the strength), and bobbit it allllllllll(if its still in place), ouch!!

So my Iraqi Earth, I only ask from you one thing, and that is to please protect all the innocent lives on your soil and above all, protect my HUBBY who just for your sake left his angelic(NOT) WIFE and came to you. You are the only thing that can bring him back to me into my loving arms.......My Iraqi Earth......
posted by neurotic_wife at 9:14 PM

2 Comments:

Hello Neurotic Wife,
Your post reminds me of the time my husband went to visit his family in Nazareth. He was planning to visit some people in Jenin in the West Bank (occupied terrotories) it was right around the time there were violent clashes in the area. So I am already worried sick about him and then he tells me he is going to Jenin. So I told him over the phone "If you get your self killed, I will never speak to you again."

He laughed and laughed and assured me that he was going to be alright.

So I got even more upset and told him "If you die I am not going to be one of those sad widows that forever lives on the memory of her husband. If you die, I will forget about you within weeks and get married again within two months, so you better come back in one piece".

The threat worked, he came home same as he left. With nothing missing.

:-)

September 14, 2004 at 2:21 AM  

Great idea Ihath, but knowing my HUBBY he would probably just say "make sure you find someone who would love you as much as I do" lol....

September 14, 2004 at 11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home