Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape neurotic Iraqi wife: A Really Heavy Dose of TLC...

neurotic Iraqi wife

August 28, 2007

A Really Heavy Dose of TLC...

Im in my unphased mood, so no politics for today. There are a few things that can give me a real fright. And when I say a real fright I mean a real fright. Id lose all rationale, freak out, scream, and sometimes I can lose consciousness. Yup, that bad. And no, mortars, rockets, and bullets dont have that effect on me. Its thunderstorms and lightening, injections/needles and blood. Infact, when its winter time here, and it starts to rain and get really stormy, my coworkers would calm me down by telling me "Dont worry Neurotica, its only mortars" And that really relaxes me. I know, its lame, but thats the way it is with me.

So for me to get an email saying that Anthrax shots are mandatory, I freaked out. I didnt really know what to do. I sat at my desk, with one hand on my cheek and the other, fingers tapping the table trying to come up with a feasible excuse. Then a light bulb started flashing in my head. Eureka! I know exactly what Im gonna say to the major giving me the shot. So I made my way to the CSH. And believe me I dont exactly like going there, because its like a self inflicting humiliation. Kinda reminds me of the Jordanian officials at ALi airport treating the Iraqis, where they ask you a million questions before entering simply because Im not an American citizen. And the Iraq Wide MNF-I (Multi National Forces-Iraq) badge does not have the same privelages as the DOD card (for US citizens only). Besides Im a TCN in their eyes afterall. UGHHHHH. A Brit, is regarded as a third country national here..And we are supposed to be coalition. Such snobs!!!

So I get there, the first guard asks "why do you wanna go in". Umm I need to take my anthrax shot. He says "I need another badge". I looked at him with my disgruntled look and said "what other badge? These are the only badges I have.". I need another badge, he repeats. I angrily took my passport out from my ID pouch and placed it infront of his face. "I have no other badge, will my british passport work???" I almost spat out. I mean I dont even wanna be there in the first place. God. So he finally smiles and says ok, go in. Phew. I go in, then theres another security that stops me. She looked at me and said, so why do you wanna go in? I rolled my eyes, its like deja vu all over. I said, MANDATORY ANTHRAX SHOTS. Then I said, believe me, if it wasnt mandatory, I wouldnt even come here. Show me your ID, she said. I showed her what I had, then before she asks for "another" ID, I just gave her my passport. She took it, gave me a visitor's ID, smiled and said "have fun with the anthrax". I gave her a fake smile and walked off, cause I knew she was being sarcastic.

I finally arrive to room 112. I wait and wait and wait. The Major isnt in. I waited about 20 mins until she came in. She was very nice, extremely gentle contrary to the security woman. She asks me a few questions, gives me a leaflet and I warned her that I have a phobia from injections. my light bulb flashed again. I almost forgot. "Umm, Im trying for children at the moment, do you think its a good idea to have anthrax shots?" She smiled and said no, no problems at all. Darn I thought to myself. Then the bulb flashed yet again. Umm, you know, my last period, was pretty bad, and was extremely late. I mean, I think theres something wrong with my system. Do you think I should wait incase the shots will make things worse???. She smiled YET again and shook her head, no sweetie, you will be fine, just sit here, and you wont even feel a thing. DARN....Nothing is working, she must know all the excuses in the book...So I succumbed to my fate and sat down. I held my left arm out and shut my eyes real hard. Relax she kept saying. Relax. I tried to. There, Im done, she said. Wowwww. I almost didnt feel a thing when WOWWWWWWWWWWWW, this burning sensation just seeped deep in my body. I almost cried. I felt my eyes well with tears. Its ok, Its ok, she kept telling me. I wanted to shout "Nooooooooo it aint ok, Im in pain and I dont need this darn shot in the first place: Ughhhhh

Come yesterday, and we receive an email from the Big boss, asking us to get current with our shots. Oh damn it. I tried as best I can to dodge having my second shot which was due two weeks ago. My coworker has access to employee records, I asked her to change my data, but unfortuantely I wasnt on the system, because Ive already started with PP. So I go to my big boss and asked, Umm what happens if we dont get our shots? "You go home", he said. I had the slyest smile on my face. I said "Cool, what if my home is infact here?". He raised his eyebrows and had a grin on his face, "We will have to see about that". Hmm, I walk away, shaking my head. There is no way out is there. So yet AGAIN, I make my way to the CSH, stopped twice, AGAIN for "another ID". Cutting a long story short, I got my second shot, and it didnt hurt AT ALL this time. I took Ipbrufen 600mg before I went there, so maybe thats the trick...I should remember that for my third shot, yuck...

I keep wandering, who the hell makes these rules anyways??? I mean, its not like we will have an anthrax attack, pulleeeaze...I remember before coming here back in 05, how I had a check list of all the shots and medical examinations I needed to do. IT was an endless list. When I went to my GP, he took one look at it and said "where the hell are you going anyway? to an isolated desert??" I laughed and said, no, to Baghdad. It really is ridiculus. I dont think any of these shots should be mandatory, I think it should be left to one's self to judge whether he should take it or not...ITS MY BODY, AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT, right????

We did though have a few, actually only two, cases of staph infection. One was pretty bad, close to fatal. Both people had to be medivaced (sp) to the States. As far as I know, theyre doing much better and are recovering. As for me, Im just aging. Literally aging. Is it the brown muggy water???Is it the dusty hot air??? Is it the weird skin biting relentless Iraqi mosquitoes??? I dunno, but all I know, is half my face is turning into a replica of the Iraqi map chain I wear with all the zits having a great party. In all my years, I never suffered from acne, NEVER. Not even in those senstive transformation years of puberty. I thought I was the luckiest person on earth...YEAH RIGHT!!! After 30, I guess everything just decides to go haywire. And being 32 aint fun at all...I wander what 33 holds for me. Hmmm, actually I dont even wanna go there YET. Its probably the lack of some certain "activities" thats making me look like S***. Cmon HUBBYYYYYYYYY, ITS TIME FOR YOU TO COME AND TAKE CARE OF ME...Think I need some TLC. A Really Heavy Dose of TLC...
posted by neurotic_wife at 5:32 PM

27 Comments:

You really are Neurotic....I'm only half kidding. It's not lame though you just have fears and phobias. It's quite common.

My mother didn't start getting acne until she was in her late 20's and early 30's.

How about getting a vibrating Hubby?

August 28, 2007 at 6:45 PM  

Lol Jason, Im considering it bigggggg time...

August 28, 2007 at 7:43 PM  

Good. Then maybe Hubby will get so jealous he'll come running back.lol

August 28, 2007 at 8:47 PM  

NIW, do you feel that you gave informed consent (a human right) to this inoculation? I wouldn't have had the anthrax shot; I'd have resigned.

Did you ask if it actually protects you against inhaled exposure to anthrax spores? Is there a system to track you, post the vaccination? Are you not required to have six shots over an 18 month period - you are not protected until after the sixth shot.

Almost all the information I can find on the web about the anthrax vaccination derives from Pentagon sources. Viz, not independent. But I get the impression that the vaccination is still experimental.

As I understand it, British soldiers are not obliged to have this, so long as they sign a waiver.

August 28, 2007 at 8:50 PM  

NIW, you might want to research stuff like "adverse reaction" to anthrax vaccine - cf for example,

Adverse Reactions to Anthrax Vaccine (eg, Optic Neuritis) May Be More Complex or Delayed Than Reported Initially, by Payne et al (2006)

which mentions that immune disorders often have a long latency.

Pentagon concealed 20,000 hospitalizations related to anthrax vaccine 3 January 2006

August 28, 2007 at 9:01 PM  

hi Neurotica, I have just discovered your site. Is there any way I could get in contact with you. I am so moved by your words. This is my mail madam_butterfly_76@yahoo.com, I would really like to get in touch with you. Bg hug from Belgrade, Nina

August 29, 2007 at 12:29 AM  

We've been told for years that that kind of TLC is great for ecne! At least that's what the boys said.

P.S. I think you mean wOnder when you write wAnder.

August 29, 2007 at 1:45 AM  

I leave you a video on non violence. I hop you enjoy.
Big Hug, Roberto
Contact: crisol1950@gmail.com
http://video.google.fr/videoplay?docid=6753184449967918648&hl=fr+

August 29, 2007 at 6:37 AM  

Hello Neurotica, This is" & NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT as Mr. J. CLEASE MONTY -Python´s & even Basil FAULTY MAY SAY , whatever next;! Jabs??!!side effects, Acne ,/dildo-Vibrators,hubbys,TLC ,ANN-SUMMERS; GOODNESS GRACIOUS how odacious??!! all of which ingrediants that may well be incld. on our lonely service bloke web pages ,indeed our lads & lassies thrive on this daily nosh nourishment to keep our spirites ?!UP RISE TO THE OCCASION & COME Home in JOLLY CHEER TICKLING PARTS THAT NO OTHER MEDIUM COULD ReAcH NO POLITicaL climatic medium that is SOOOO, here we are coming to GRIPS WITH THE NITTY GRITTY OF daily Life´s requirements to stay fit in body & mind the good O´l daily ration OF A BIT OF NOOKIE on the SIde has always helped & may have been the catalyst to greater achievment in the realms of Science Technology, & LAST but not least POLLITICS & here is where we COME in NEUROTICA darling in my previous notes mentioning you being the RIGHT PERSON FOR OFFICIALDOM a ministerial position maybe in The A. Allawi Admin. needn`t mean leadership persay it just means a pure honest lovable person stating liberal free views that may lead the region & IRAQ to a liberal tolerant social structure free from the inhibiting axis of evil elements , militias & official iranien thug -puppets running amuck? along the highways & byways of the region & IRAQ this is the sinnister vile pioson that could only be eliminated by loads of people setting an example for a free loving social structure i.e. Nurotica SET the example darling Lead the happless throngs & enroll like-minded free people like alongside & I am wih you love WE ARE withyou www.bfbs.com walter@swedenmail.com our lads & lassies will have felt all being worthwhile upon having lovely people like you bringing in the region & the nation to all that is entailed in belonging to such institutions such as THE BRITISH COMMONWEALTH All the best LUV ,www.bfbs.com IS A T.L.C. STATION YOURS as always OLAFF

August 29, 2007 at 4:35 PM  

Those Iraqi mosquitoes never die! I guess thr well and truly iraqi ;)...I know, totally random :)

August 29, 2007 at 5:33 PM  

I just discovered your blog a few days ago while reading a story on the BBC website.

I've read many blogs by soldiers, amateur pundits, etc, but your blog jumps out at me as real and sincere without the B.S.

I feel pretty ashamed as a U.S. citizen, and I must admit I did get caught up in the zeal after 9/11, I was pro war, I wanted to believe we were going to do good, but we've only made a mess of things, and I honestly don't know if there is a way to fix what we have done, militarily, economically, politically, or otherwise.

I'll probably post a bit know and again now that I've discovered you blog.

Keep safe.

August 29, 2007 at 10:38 PM  

NIW,

I remember my first anthrax shot. It hurt like hell a few seconds after the injection. So bad, I had to lean against the wall and try not to go completely down to the floor. It felt like the blood in my arm was literally BOILING!! On top of that shot, I also got my flu shot and some other disease-preventing injection. Needless to say, I did end up passing out at work later. "Just a little prick" my ass! Maybe he was talking about himself...lol.

In trying not to sound like a stupid infomercial, PRO-ACTIVE is an awesome product for acne. I love it because it's the only thing out there that actually works for me.

Anyhoo, I've followed your blog for about 2 years now, wow. I've watched you go thru ups and downs, but always the truth. I've thoroughly enjoyed every word. I've laughed with you, cried with you, and even cursed with you. When I hear something in the news, I look forward to hearing your point of view and I'm never disappointed by your honesty, sense of humor, and point of view. Thank you.

Always,
Melanie

August 30, 2007 at 1:26 AM  

Sheeeesh NIW, I can't believe you're afraid of thunderstorms!!!!! I looooove that stuff. Nothing like a good lightning show,crashing thunder, and a good rain. Well, as long as I don't get caught out in it on the motorcycle. ; )

August 30, 2007 at 2:49 AM  

Politics weren't adventures with welcome mats and regulatory might.Glancing to and fro the consular maintenance of frightful surges in heat and accelerated particles. Like the kind traffic signature exposing truth through warning and cautioned "Stay Away!" Mother damaging in residuals for the conflict held in your own bodies interrogation of what evolved in response to the feelings you create for your love ones. I don't even want to remember comforts sought in coupled embrace. Might have a green sign on me, "Bloody." I said her green sign said chemical and Anthrax like she followed me around this day. I didn't eat any Anthrax for my missing spouse then again I could of held up a sign she died in maintenance like, "hey look at that sign, when we don't read the motherfucker we all died." Well walking in disrespect of Occupation whatever plumber placed an even grip on the stasis involving caution in pulmonary with added resuscitation, good luck kissing and hugging. Hope Anthrax is nice. They put birth control in these cylindrical plastic casings right. One pill a day, one case a month. Like the numbers on a clock. Brought to you by the letter 'O'. The letter 'O' brought us the Same, with visual aides in stacks of never changed. Helpless tears weren't the only ingredients whisked in baby. Big signs and injectable nutrition. How much do the signs hurt if the other benefits disease the standard of driven beginning through another just add living? When you aren't helpless, your the standard. Another day. sorry about the run on sentences. Tell the teacher shush practice your Lamaze!!! If I impregnate my teacher I'd prolly be educated! later!

August 30, 2007 at 6:35 AM  

Oh Come on Neuro!!!!

I recieved 9 shots in 1 week to kill the sty which appeared in my and they weren't in my arm ...LOL

Hope you are doing great...

August 30, 2007 at 8:09 AM  

OOps forgot to put the word "EYE" after My...

August 30, 2007 at 8:10 AM  

NIW, please ask your boss(es) from me: why aren't Iraq oil revenues being used to relieve the suffering of two million internally-displaced Iraqis living in squalid camps, without enough/any food or water or latrines?

In the Green Zone, Americans can swim in water and fill their faces. Outside, Iraqis do not have security, food, safe water, or hope.

Thanks from an enraged national of America's so-called ally, the UK.

August 31, 2007 at 9:08 AM  

Indigo,

Iraqi Oil Revenues are controlled by the Central Bank of Iraq.

Let me be clear about this.

Iraqi oil was never under control of the U.S. Government with the exclusion of the time Iraq was under total control by the CPA untill Elections.

Iraqi regestered Oil revenues are used on the yearlly Government budget.


the only reason Iraqis are not having support is the lack of a plan, any plan.

August 31, 2007 at 10:17 AM  

Hello Neurotica, The previous blog & the bloke mentioning innuendos insinuations NUDGE-NUDGE-WINK-WINK EH "WAT" NOT AAARFFF??Alright T.L.C.& MARshmellow having a jab in her ??or up her???but not n her arm oooooops she forgot to mention arse oooooops WOW a bit of nookie & loads of the other a bit on the side every one is entitled it is a HUMAN RIGHT & ANIMAL RIGHT for that matter up the Khyber pass sticking the good O´l Oar in the lazy SOD WAT a RIGHT BUGGER sowing one´s OATS I just luv it the good o´l tripe cods bollocks & Cobblers THAT is enough t.l.c. hint hint marshmellow nudgee nudge wink wink goodness gracious how odacious ??!! AT any rate a bit of the other helps putting most of God´s creatures in a good mmod a broad smile M´e MATEEYS Allthe best neurotica darling www.bfbs.com just thought a bit of non political comment might be good old nonsense to read yours OLAFF walter@swedenmail.com

August 31, 2007 at 6:58 PM  

@zappy, Iraqi Oil Revenues are controlled by the Central Bank of Iraq.

This says they are not:

"The Bush/Cheney administration
has moved quickly to ensure U.S. corporate control over Iraqi resources at least through the year 2007.


And never did,

In direction violation of UN Resolution 1483, Bremer mandated that the Fund "shall be held in an account...in the [U.S.] Federal Reserve Bank." The United Nations had intended that the money go directly to the Central Bank of Iraq.

And this:

On the same day UN resolution 1483 passed, May 22, Bush signed Executive Order 13303 granting blanket immunity to any U. S. corporation dealing with Iraqi oil through 2007. Researcher Jim Vallette, who stumbled across the order in the Federal Register, says it "unilaterally declares Iraqi oil to be the unassailable province of U.S. corporations.... In other words, if ExxonMobil or ChevronTexaco touch Iraqi oil, it will be immune from legal proceedings in the United States. "

There's more, much more, on those web pages.

Rather than rebuild Iraq's
infrastructure so it can be independent (and likely an economic powerhouse in the region), the Bush plan is to sell Iraq's assets off like a fire sale.

Iraqis can see that their country is being divided among the victors and that the only reconstruction taking place is projects that serve U.S. security interests. That's what's fueling the resistance, not Saddam loyalists or tribal codes of honor.


I am afraid that, whether or not she knows it, NIW is helping with the fire sale.

August 31, 2007 at 9:08 PM  

Hey Jason, umm, I think HUBBY will be very happy, atleast he wont have to "excersize",lol...

Indigo, we were given a paper that said its mandatory to have them and if you dont, then you will be sent home. But there was a box that said I refuse, I didnt tick it though, I guess I should have...If they wanna send me home, then let them, but I took the shots already, im due for no 3 in a weeks time...Yuck

Hi Nina, well, im glad you enjoy my blog, not sure I can say that for many people. you can email me on neurotic_wife@yahoo.com

Lynn, yeah I know, even my colleague keeps correcting me, thanx...And umm, I heard alot of things are good for acne, still have to see for myself ;-)

coacoa, tell me abt it. Half of my face is literally decorated with bites...That just shows you, even the Iraqi mosquitoes are resilient

Hiya Chris, thanx for your encouraging words. But there are alot of other Iraqi blogs that are worth a read. You can find them on my blog.

Melanie, I know, you have been always there...Thank you...

Solo...Oh noooooo, not me...I wouldnt be caught dead outside if there's a storm. I remember one time in London, I was buying some stuff from this lebanese supermarket, when I glimpsed, just glimpsed lightning...and OMG, I literally threw everything, ran to the corner, sat on the floor, and started crying. The lebanese guys thought I was crazy, they didnt know what was wrong. They carried me to the basement and gave me some arabic coffee to calm my nerves.Lol..Ever since then, when I was still in London theyd check up on me and call me when there's thunder ;-)

MM, oh nooooo...I woulda fainted if it was me...

Indigo, its the Iraqis that are not making things work, the Iraqi govt. I know and I have seen documents...

Zappy, hamzain you posted recently, I already cant stand KFC, and I had to read abt it for 3 weeks on your blog ;-)

September 3, 2007 at 6:54 AM  

HELLO.

Say you opinion about peace building.



IRFF ONLUS invite you to celebrate 21September 2007, UN International PEACE Day 2007.

Say you opinion peace building NOW!!!

By: Forum:

http://moldova.worldcarp.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=767



Bloging:

http://pacea21.blogspot.com/





Posting Video Spots like this:



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h73ytSEBoc8







Join e- groups to support UN millennium development goals:





Donate for PEACE projects:





Add you own initiative and

pass this message on to all you friends:



Added initiatives:



1. ……. You own initiative here…….



2.Sign petition to UN initiative:













More on: www.irffmd.net

September 3, 2007 at 10:42 PM  

LOL, you are awesome.

In the middle of Iraq and worrying about getting shots and lack-of-sex-acne. I'm a firm believer that lack of sex can make your skin look like hell. I just can't believe your pluck. Again, you are awesome.

I heard Bush made a "surprise" visit there today. Can't wait to hear what you have to say about that.

September 4, 2007 at 12:19 AM  

Woe is you. A vaccination. OMG!

Never mind the Iraqis you "supposedly" support are having their doors broken down in the middle of the night and their loved ones kidnapped, dragged away to be tortured in sicko prisons. Or shot dead attempting to reach a hospital for the purpose of giving birth to a human being. Or being raped after watching your family murdered.

Why should anyone trust you when you work for war criminals?

I think you are sick too.

September 12, 2007 at 2:46 AM  

Hiya sexy i hear u need some TLC i can provide u with that any day of the week. i live in london so it shouldnt be a problem, perhaps i could make u feel wanted and loved..

3eraqi

September 20, 2007 at 2:32 PM  

You may want to change the background photo. Sure looks good but hard to read!

September 22, 2007 at 1:23 AM  

black mold exposure,
black mold symptoms of exposure,

wrought iron garden gates,
your nest iron garden gates, here,

hair styles for fine thin hair,
search hair styles for fine thin hair,

night vision binoculars,
buy, night vision binoculars,

lipitor reactions,
lipitor reactions,


luxury beach resort in the philippines,
beach resort in the philippines,

homeopathy for baby eczema.,
homeopathy for eczema learn about it.,

save big with great mineral makeup bargains,
companies marketing mineral makeups,

March 19, 2008 at 12:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home