Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape neurotic Iraqi wife: Pensioner's Paradise

neurotic Iraqi wife

August 23, 2007

Pensioner's Paradise

Poll Closed!!!Wow, 47% each with 6% neither!!! Thanx to all those who voted, but umm results are very confusing. I can see that the poll worked perfectly, although, in the 3 days, with over 1000 visitors, I only got about 140 voters, but hey I aint complaining. I kinda like this poll stuff, will definitely use it in the future for readers' opinions on current events. Anyhow, it was virtually equal between the 2, so Im gonna go with the minority who voted neither. Yup, you read right. I believe its time to give the minority a voice. The minority who never get the chance. So all you 8 people who voted, congrats, you won!!! Thats my first reason, second reason I chose the minority, is because of another email I received from my friend S:

How are you and how is Hubby? Hope you’re doing fine. I’m doing well…the great thing is that my sister arrived finally last Thursday, she had to delay her arrival so long because she was helping the rest ofthe family to move up north…unfortunately Baghdad is no longer safe for Christians…I’m not sure that it ismuch safer up north but there isn’t much that we can do about this right now. My brother and his family went to Syria after being threatened by the Islamic militias in Al Doura where he used to live.Who would believe that we are being kicked out of our own country just because some stupid donkeys think that they own Iraq and all the others are not good enough to be Iraqis?!!!!!

Yes, people left right and center are being killed and kicked out of their lifelong homes because they do not fit the majority's criteria. This is the new Iraq. The Iraq where Yazidis, Christians, Jews, Sabeans are not welcome. Oh hold on, and I should add the Shia's and Sunni's too, depending on where they live. All the ingredients that once upon a time made Iraq, is now being sieved out big time, to leave a plain unisect, which coincidently Im from, but these people do not, I repeat, DO NOT represent me what so ever. Infact they tainted not only the sect, but Islam. But as promised Im not gonna divulge into politics, although, I really have something on my mind which I wanna share, I guess I will leave it for another time.

Ive mentioned to you on a previous post that many of the companies here are leaving. Infact, alot of the people I work with are demobing pretty soon. There's only one main organisation thats taking over all the remaining projects from these companies. Right now, is what we call a transition period, where all these companies will transition the projects and all the information on the reconstruction to this one Organisation. Let me call this Organisation, Pensioner's Paradise or PP. You will see why Im calling it that when you read the whole post. Alot of the Iraqis that worked with me were young, some infact were fairly young, early 20's, new graduates, with a zest for life, even when their living circumstances where beyond liveable. They made the atmosphere more workable, less robotic, with their loud Iraqi jokes, and Iraqi sarcasm of their current situation. Unfortuantely for me, fortunately for them, almost all of them are now in Amman, waiting to board a plan to the US. Yes their passports got stamped finally and off they will go to another life.

The expat coworkers ie Americans, Brits, Australians, South Africans, Iraqi Americans etc werent old either, probably ages ranged from late 20's to early 50's. But most of them are demobing. PP on the other hand, had different requirements for the rebuilding of Iraq. Basically anyone who fits the following criteria

AGE: 60 and over
Health: Barely runs or walks, better still someone who has experience with crutches
Weight: 200 Kgs or over
Education: Graduated some time between 1960's and 70's
Concentration: A very short span
Connections with Managers: A brother, sister, cousin, relative, friend

Im sorry, I dont mean to make fun of any of the above, and I hope Im not insulting anyone, but please, logically in a place like this, the Green zone, where the chance of a mortar/rocket hitting is very probable at any time of the day or night, how the hell are these people expected to duck under a table or let alone run into a bunker to save their lives??? Granted, they may have a great resume, with probably ten times as many jobs as Ive had so far in my life and probably 40 years more experience , but umm, why come here when you can live with dignity in your own country??? Besides, who needs to walk into a pension house or an elderly house, in this already morbid city. I dont get it, I really dont. Its a fatal health hazard for them and a definite failure for this program. I mean check this out, my new boss, I give him something, five minutes later he comes charging, invades my space asking for the exact same thing I gave him five minutes earlier!!! WTH??? And I thought MY memory was bad...

ANother thing that pisses me off is the fact that there are Iraqis, who worked with me and have been here awhile, didnt apply for the US immigrant visa, know their work inside out, are being laid off, but not taken up by PP. Reason: We dont have the money. You dont have the measly money you pay the Iraqis, but you do have the money to bring old, barely alive expats, who have no clue how the program is being run???? WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE. I mean seriously. Even M, the guy who lives in Sadr city, asked me while I was having my smoke break "Why are there so many old people, what are the young Americans doing in the States? Why didnt they bring people who really need these jobs, I mean the ones here, you just blow on them, and down they go in their grave". He cracked me up, cuz he genuinely was puzzled, I had to explain to him the politics behind it. I doubt he understood what I was trying to say...I doubt that I myself understand the beurocratic attitude in this place...

What also boggles my mind, is how the transition is going. Although I got hired by PP, they removed me from the sector that I have been in for the past 2 years and put me somewhere, that I have no knowledge in. I spent my first few days, googling and finding out all about the other sector. Then as I go and ask questions, I get rude replies and a huge attitude problem from a few people. Reason:The companies that are leaving, are not happy that their contracts came to an end, hence, their plan, give the new guys a hard time. Being an Iraqi, it pissed me off, and I told one of the guys "You are missing the whole point of why you are here. You are NOT here to compete, you are here for a specific mission, a mission to provide services to the Iraqis, and make their daily lives liveable". I practically spat my words, cuz people like that just aggravate me. No wander the reconstruction program is a failure. Half of it is because of ignorant people like that and the other half is because of criminal acts by insurgents whose only goal is to see this country in ruins.

This is all Im gonna say tonight, for Im tired, and exhausted. And I do need some space, some private and personal space. This place just sucks out all the air from me, or whatever is left of it. Especially when you have people hovering all over you all the time, UGHHHHHH. Unfortunately tomorrow is yet another day. Another day in this Paradise, the Pensioner's Paradise...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This is me in my usual working position
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The sign, still DIDNT stop people bugging me!!!
posted by neurotic_wife at 10:51 PM

12 Comments:

Hello Neurotica m´e luv It seems from what you say things are in transition or are they just seemto be winding down isn´t just yesterday that Mr. Bush said that our allied forces shan´t repeat vietnam & stay with it until the axis of evil iranien is obliterated for all time the culpritt incidious sinnister dirty thug agents of thiers running a muck around the nation´s & region´s streets causing trouble the militia bloody sectarian lot hiding behind official unforms & is it not the case that mr. Bush told the local iranien puppets to sort themselves out pull thier fingers out & pull thier socks up or else America & our allied forces shall have to view that lot in different shade of dirty grey light ??11 Isit not the case that all of that has just transpired & came to be ?? any way darling I love your posture in the chair if you come to my e. mail or maybe blog Britannia you might also see me in my posture swinging a pint of bitter from the local , alright love all the best www.bfbs.com walter@swedenmail.com yours as always Olaff

August 24, 2007 at 1:47 AM  

OOOOOOOOOOh sorry again about the sentence grammatical strucure , &maybe a spelling mistake here or there it is pst midnight almost 1:00am so do excuse me brian TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA , TARRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA MATE

August 24, 2007 at 1:52 AM  

Thanks NIW, get ready for a stream of angry Americans telling you that it is our tax payers money and we are free to "waste it" the way we want. Nice post and I'm with you on supporting minority rights! Sam-Vancouver.

August 24, 2007 at 9:52 PM  

Hi,
This link might be on interest to you:

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2007/03/26/070326fa_fact_packer?printable=true

August 25, 2007 at 2:06 AM  

thousands of miles, is there an einstein somewhere that has a solution?

Cultural identity. In the States Iraqi women do not have a face connected with their culture. With our fear of belonging our faces have managed materialization's differentiated with feelings of loneliness and needs to fit in, EVERYWHERE. I mean we see shading and composure now and call it multiculturalism. Global indifference like multi-tasking is as healthy as our profit and excess. We have so many roles to play and without real connection to our roots we maintain machine like tasks. Appropriating our working excuse as independence and emotional growth. The Governments would like us to stop having babies and maintain balance. You think your husband or a robot like Einstein has an answer. Your spouse is like a product you purchase once a month in order to drug yourself into complacency. Your prescription is Man. Quick online glance you would be recognized as Royalty in palisade. Faceless in untouchable exotica. Your aesthetic equals money and mis truth. This is where your blood lines left you. With the same separation anxieties that inspired the roasting pot's Coup d'etat involving the passing of your Parents respected wisdom and wealth of manner. Now they honor the age of convenience. The cookie cutter reigns. We lost a word spelled cherish. Imagine the behavior of the lower class under the suggestible means of our new devolved worship. Take the criterion suggesting they work in the blood of their ancestry and faith in omnipotence. Then compare that criterion to the chore motive and the experience of instantaneous greed on both ends of wealth's perspective. Instant gratification makes for idle hands. Yielding the push button control our, the American Chief of State holds in a program labeled Nuclear. Einstein proved size doesn't matter. Your husband proved the will of our global conditioning is a state of Angelic registry in a Book labeled "They'll Abstain". Zero Population Growth, I think it's called. In other words your husband's size doesn't matter anymore. Fucking pissed? They'll rebuild your country so it's easy to maintain. Then you'll be like us. Shoddy. Cherish = Shoddy. Shale rules like concrete. The Agriculture brought the excuse with feeding failing in resource before chemicals taught us Amphetamine. Those wind up toys we keep in a lab labeled "hybrid food source". and our family and our spouses become "our prostitutes" like quick fixes. Just let them finish you can trust them. You can trust your husband I would say. Your prayer is "My husband will stop being my prostitute before my Vagina rots like Einsteins wicked Corpse."


and thats all I can do for you.

August 25, 2007 at 4:11 AM  

I wonder if I can remain anonymous like it matters

August 25, 2007 at 4:28 AM  

http://www.myspace.com/indigestion

August 25, 2007 at 4:29 AM  

. I dont get it, I really dont. Its a fatal health hazard for them and a definite failure for this program. I mean check this out, my new boss, I give him something, five minutes later he comes charging, invades my space asking for the exact same thing I gave him five minutes earlier!!! WTH??? And I thought MY memory was bad...

The emotionally hurt nerds? Then Joe Camel doesn't live in Iraq Scooby Doo Does. Did you scare your Boss. I bet something frightened your Boss. Sounds like your teamwork strategy is effective. You and your Boss are both frightened and upset and neither of you sleep with one another. Sounds like the hidden agenda. The Illuminati made me quit smoking. I don't sleep with cigarettes. With regard involving transition through dependence being as beautiful as the untouched flower. The emotional splendor of disregard and contact with focus beyond mastered memory. Strength I think it was called. Why would a neurosis be powerful? Children make us powerful. Kids are pretty damn retarded. Helping them grow often splits our brains into shambled monstrosity. Like murderers. Some paradoxical reasoning for the selfless greed inhibitors we nurture each other with productively. Ahem sharing. The green zone or what have you. Kids are so crazy.

August 26, 2007 at 3:31 AM  

kewl workspace uve got there. lol.. i mean the cones and the warning..heheh i like it. :D

September 3, 2007 at 6:42 PM  

:D

(LOL)



[[]]

September 4, 2007 at 7:22 PM  

I can't believe it. But if this is how thing was, that was really bad, really suck.

September 13, 2007 at 3:29 PM  

To all mens fashion lovers out there READ my blog on where to buy the clothing at a reasonable price!

Read More!

1. Where to buy tuxedo PART 1

2. Where to buy tuxedo PART 2

June 13, 2011 at 4:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home