Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape neurotic Iraqi wife: The Great Lions of Babylon...

neurotic Iraqi wife

July 27, 2007

The Great Lions of Babylon...

I so wanted to blog when the Iraqi team won. But unfortunately I had some problems accessing the blogspot site. The game for me is not just about the game anymore. Its more like a resemblence of the human existence. Iraqis always took pride in their football capabilities. Always. I guess its just like the American football and how everyone sits glued to their TVs watching the NFL championship or the Super Bowl which to be honest I cant stand. But Football, the real football (soccer in america) is the love of every Iraqi. Be it a man, a woman or even a child. As I said, its like our national pride.

For Iraq to win South Korea, meant alot. It really did. For a few short hours, this divided nation came together as ONE. For a few short hours, this sad morbid country came alive. For a few short hours the football managed to do what no government or country was able to do in over four years. The game began at 1420, while I was at work. I immediately went to the IT guys and asked them to give me a website I can access so I can watch the game. They ofcourse did, and off I went, minimising the screen so much that I could barely see, but atleast I was able to listen to the Iraqi commentator. When it was right at the end and we won 4-3, I jumped, and shouted, which ofcourse coincided with our security speakers announcing a lock down due to the celebarotary fire. I heard the cars beeping and shots being fired in the air.

A weird sense of happiness overwhelmed me. I felt goosebumps all over my arms. I wanted to celebrate, I wanted to jump and dance, but how can I? I wanted to share the news with people who would appreciate the meaning of the Iraqi team winning, but there was no one around, for all the Iraqis left early due to the security concerns. I tried calling HUBBY but his mobile phone was switched off. I felt deflated for there was no one, absolutely no one that can share my happiness, which to be honest isnt anything new. I guess I got used to being alone.

The game on Sunday is crucial. Especially because its against the Saudis. God, I hope and pray we will win, I really do. I wanna bring their noses down for once. I know I shouldnt be judgemental and I know I shouldnt generalize for many of my friends are Lebanese, Jordanians and Palestinians but in general the Arabs did nothing but hurt us. They hate us, they hate us because they dont want to see a beautiful unified flourishing Iraq. They fear us. I remember when I had to spend the night in Amman to catch my flight to London, how the taxi driver who took me to my hotel was so angry with the Iraqis. His voice was filled with so much hatred towards us. He said we are a nation that gave up the best leader, which naturally meant Saddam. He also said that we have no loyalty towards anyone and that America is there for the Oil and to help Israel, bla bla bla...

Ever since I got here from R&R, my coworkers have been going on about how the Danes had the guts and got all the Iraqi translators and everyone else working with them together with their families outside the country, while the Americans and Brits dont have the balls to do the same. I totally agree. I mean, please cmon, look at the size of Denmark and the size of the US or Britian. This is the least thing they can do for the Iraqis who helped them and worked with them. All my coworkers are disgusted and disappointed at the same time. W said, when I first started I used to look upto the Americans, I was happy and hopeful, but after 3 yrs, I have no respect for them nor their policies. He continued, I dont believe in them anymore. Where is the freedom they promised? The least thing they can do is help us get out of this hell. Or maybe they want us to die here, yes, he nods his head, this is exactly what they planned for. They want to extinguish all Iraqis. Neurotica, I wish I was working with the Danes, I wish I was in the South. I could have been in the free world by now. I could have been living by now...

So yes, apparantely the Danes do have more balls. They did it their way, the best way. And lets not forget the Swedes. Theyre not even in the coalition yet look at the number of Iraqis they have taken in. The only hope Iraqis have here is that darn translator visa, which by the way, all depends if Jordan allows the Iraqis in. One girl N got her interview date, travelled all the way to Amman with her husband. At the Immigration, the Jordanian officer asked her the purpose of visit, she showed him the American Embassy papers requesting her for an interview, he laughed at her sarcastically and said "You want to be an American citizen so you can come back and play superior to us??? Your entry is denied!!!" And so N was ushered into a small room, with tens of other Iraqis with very little food and water and no blankets, so they can go back to Baghdad on the next plane out. Back to the hell theyre trying to leave...Do you think thats a fair way of helping a neighbouring country???

Apart from that misery, many International companies are winding down and leaving. Mine is one of them. So what about all those who worked with me??? What is gonna happen to them? Some have already found jobs with other companies inside the GZ, but the rest, the rest are gonna lock themselves in their houses, in the hope of getting that interview date. After that, they are hoping for the American Embassy in Amman to assist them with the Jordanian officials. Maybe move their interviews to Turkey or Egypt. Anywhere but Jordan. Apparantely, they refused to do so, but maybe, just maybe with Embassador Crocker's pleas something may transpire.

Iraqis were always respected in the Arab world, before and during Saddam's time. People from Palestine, Egypt, Syria and Jordan begged to come here to get the Iraqi nationality. Ofcourse with their benevolent leader, they were always treated better than the Iraqis themselves. I remember when I used to travel with my parents and say we are Iraqis, its like we've just said we are royalty. But now, now being an Iraqi means nothing but a destitute poor country. All those countries who used to salute us in the past, look down at us, mock us and kick us where it hurts. This is the reality that we live in. We have become like some disease that everyone runs away from.

So now you see why the football game is not really about a game anymore? Its more about Iraqis vs Arabs. Iraqis vs Iraqi haters. The jubilations although cut short due to the filthy Al Qaeda tactics will not deter the Lions. The Great Lions of Babylon...
posted by neurotic_wife at 5:57 PM

21 Comments:

NIW,

As an American, what do we do? I don't mean it sarcastically at all. I know fear has a lot to do with allowing Iraqis in to the US. I've heard a lot of comments here and there about, "Well if we let them in, they'll just start blowing stuff up here. Screw that!" Or, "They don't even like America, why the hell do they want to come here, to kill us?"

NIW, I know that the large majority of Iraqis are not extremists. They are just like any other human that wants to protect their families, wants them raised in a safe environment. There should be a sponsorship program or something. Unless you have contacts in Iraq, how do you go about helping families leave?

What can we do NIW? How can we help?

Always,
Melanie

July 27, 2007 at 7:32 PM  

Hello Melanie ,simply go through the official channels or The N.G.Os. orgs. or E. Mail our radio station drive@bfbs.com loads of the best of British Lars

July 27, 2007 at 8:33 PM  

my god, where do u get all ur hatred from?
plz tell me where is iraqis first destination?isnt it syria, the same country that provided a haven for the past opposition as well.
yes Jordan has put in place new restrictions, but let us not forget that it was iraqis only hope of an exit during the 13 year embargo imposed by america.
plz dont let our memory fail us and forget the countries which stood by our side the most...
if they do exhibit some bitterness , believe me it is only due to their concern towards us.
i would also like to ask u what would be iraqis feelings if 2 million of them came over to baghdad??im 100% sure we would not be as welcoming, so at least let us be able to say a simple thank u, thats not much to ask of ourselves.

July 28, 2007 at 2:18 AM  

If you are a Brit (and especially if you are in the British armed services) please sign the Number 10 Downing Street petition:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Iraqi-Employees/

Contrast the current British position with that of Denmark:

http://www.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idUSL2031209220070720

It makes one ashamed to be British.

July 28, 2007 at 10:28 AM  

Many Iraqis are treated badly in Jordan.

Most of the places I work, because I am Iraqi and don’t have work permission, they wait until the end of the month, and then they fire me without pay. This happened to me four times…. Now I started working for a doctor for 70 JD a month, a very small salary…. I have to cover my head and he said I should convert to Islam, because he is religious. He insults me, saying I am ugly. I work from 9 AM to 9 PM, sometimes more. Another Jordanian girl works there also. She only works short hours and gets 200 JD. I asked the doctor why he pays me less, and he said he likes her more and she is Jordanian.143

Iraqi nationals in Jordan consistently identified lack of access to education as a major problem facing their children. One woman described the low level of school attendance among Iraqi children in her apartment building as follows: “The building where I live is full of Iraqi people and all their children are staying home. Nobody goes to school.”158

The Shi`a parent of a child in a private school told Human Rights Watch, “One day, the principal threw the Iraqi children out of the public school. My daughter refused to go back because she felt too humiliated

Another Shi`a parent explained that Jordanian schoolmates regularly teased her children. “My children also suffer because other children say they are Shi`a, hence unbelievers (kafir), and that ‘You cooperate with America, so you deserve what you are facing.’”173

Other taxi drivers confirmed that some Iraqis’ passports are stamped with a red stamp when they are refused entry at the border. The same taxi driver said that people who try to return to the border who have had their passports stamped are treated badly. “Sometimes they even hit them, especially the mukhabarat [intelligence] people.”45

Treatment of Iraqis in Saudi Arabia has been even worse.

In the aftermath of the 1991 Gulf war and the withdrawal of Iraqi forces from occupied Kuwait, thousands of members of the Iraqi armed forces surrendered to the United States, British and other allied forces. They were transferred to Saudi Arabia and held in a makeshift camp in Artawiyya.

Groups of Iraqi refugees in Artawiyya camp were physically and psychologically abused after they peacefully protested their living conditions.

Ya'rub Hassan Suri al-Khaffaji, a 32-year-old refugee

I felt that my skin [was being] stripped off my body. After that they [took] me down and tied me to the side of the car and they began to beat me [with] their clubs and they lashed me. Lieutenant [...] asked his soldiers to bring some sand [which ] he put in my mouth by force. Then he forced me to drink [...] urine."

He still bears scars on his body from the torture inflicted and both his kidneys have reportedly been permanently damaged.

As'ad 'Ali Hussein, a school teacher born in Basra
was stripped down to his underpants and handcuffed. He was then beaten with cables on his hands for about half an hour until his skin started peeling off

"I was then hit on the back with an iron bar, and fell to the ground. [...] kicked me on the nose with his boots while four others kicked other parts of my body. They started to put sand in my mouth and nose. I threw up, spitting out blood."

As'ad 'Ali Hussein was then tied to the back of a truck while naked, and dragged along for three to five minutes, resulting in the dislocation of his left arm. He stated that the officer in charge inserted a shoe in his mouth and took a photograph of him and said he wanted it "as a souvenir".

July 28, 2007 at 11:41 AM  

jason, that is just terrible. Poor Iraqis.

July 28, 2007 at 1:16 PM  

Melanie, I dunno, I guess write to your senators??? Start a petition. I really dont know but there has to be a way. Not all Iraqis are bad, the majority wanna live. WANT TO LIVE IN PEACE...


Olaff, yes probably that too may help, but I doubt it. There has to be some pressure on the white house to do something abt it. Why did the danes do it and the Americans cant???

Anon, if I was on my death bed, and they ask me to say thank you, I WILL NEVER DO IT. Be thankful for what for gods sake???The Iraqis PAID LARGE AMOUNTS OF MONEY to go to these countries. We are not begging for money, we are asking for just some time and understanding. This is a humanitarian situation, but the so called arab neighbours arent helping. So if you want to say thank you then go ahead, I WILL NEVER EVER say thank you to any of them. Hatred, yes I have so much hatred towards their governments, all of them. Just the other day the Jordanian officcial returned 13 people who were going for training!!! 13 Iraqis were rejected entry because they are Iraqi. Please spare me the bullshit anon...Could you pls tell me who is driving their economy apart from the Iraqis??? Didnt they used to live on the money that saddam used to give them??? The money that he was supposed to spend on his own dying, starving people!!! I AM IRAQI, and I dont see myself as an arab, il 3arab jarab. If you dont believe that statement then i think youre livingin another world....

Thanx Indigo for the petition, I definitely will sign it.

Jason and anon, yes these are SOME accounts. There thousands of more that we dont hear abt. Its a shame, a real shame!!!

July 28, 2007 at 7:52 PM  

Iraqi Wife,
I've read recently that the USA plans to increase the number of visas given to Iraqis. The timing is unfortunate. We have a huge debate going on right now about immigration reform (this debate is mainly focused on the Mexicans in the USA illegally).

It may also be that George Bush does not want to grant huge numbers of visas to Iraqis because it would be admitting that Iraq is unsuitable for Iraqis. George does NOT like to admit mistakes--no matter how obvious they are to everyone (get rid of Gonzalez!).

July 28, 2007 at 9:18 PM  

Hello Neurotica, The discussion about the present attrocities & quagmire is endless "why don`t they !!??& the whats & wherfors are endless " you may sign petittions & react to the present situation as much as you like but to have a clear idea of the path forth & descipher the presentyou should take a back seat for a bit & go back to the past over a 100 years or more read the book "THE 7 PILLARS OF WISDOM" by Sir T.E.LAWRENCE The Anglo-Arabian -peninsula part of the British Commonwealth,Sir Winston`s Churchell`s Memm`iors analyse the past & build a diagram of step by step account forth ,never mind the blame game !!??who thanks whom!!We should return to basics The T.E.Lawrence dream there might just be a grain of substance to realise in the region as a whole &IRAQ in particular.www.bfbs.com walter@swedenmailcom The very best of regards Olaff-Lars

July 28, 2007 at 10:43 PM  

saying "il arab jarab" doesnt cut it, even if one had a handicapped child one would love him, u cant deny who u are juzt coz u dont come from the best bred race, but instead u appreciate or sympathize what u ve got (or havent got)..
second, what u say about saddam giving money away, this is the biggest urban myth n history (to qoute al chalabi) right after the WMD weapons, its simply not true(plz check the facts and dont qoute bitter ignorant ppl, and dont blame them for his or our mistakes)..
about the thanking them part, ill only ask u to name any other country(syria) thats permitting entry without visa, they r under no obligation to do so by the way, in fact all they are getting n return is a bunch of accusations, and thats shameful..

July 29, 2007 at 3:04 AM  

You are missing a key point
as many of these commenters have also ... The Danish are admitting
the Iraqi who worked with them
into Denmark because the Danish
forces in that area
ARE LEAVING COMPLETETEY from Iraq.

The USA on the other hand just
sent more then 30,000 more of our guys to patrol and absorb
roadside bombs in an attempt
to bring the violence down.

How can the USA frant visa
and allow huge numbers of Iraq
into the USA when even now
the military may even send more Americans into Iraq.

In addition the new Embassy will open in September and with it
probably more staf will be needed.

The simple fact is America under Bush is making the push to save
Iraq from the extremist elements
on both sides ... and we expect Iraqis to make the sacrifice
also ...

Now if The Democrats win in 2008
and the descion is basically to bail out and allow the civil war
to escalate ... then you have a valid point and USA should probably try to screen and let in
perhaps 50-100 thousand ...

But as long as our people are making a commitment to Iraq we sure as hell expect Iraqi to make a commitment to Iraq ...

In fact the plan should be to begin and train the military age men in Syria and Jordan who are Iraqi to return to their neighborhoods and assist with security starting in 3-4 months.

Do I expect then to hunt al-queda
like the military ??... NO

But if these former refugees arrrive in large numbers and move back to their cities and streets
they can really help THE IRAQI
who are still in Iraq and move
security ahead.

To finalize I would like to comment on the imbeciles who
continue to state that Neurotica
is working for the Americans ...

If Neurotica is wirking on recon projects ... clinics/schools/electricity/water
/sewage etc ... those projects
are in IRAQ you idiots ....
How in the world can one consider
Neurotica a bad person if she
helps a clinic get built in IRAQ??

Do you Neurotica haters want electricity/water/sewage/
modern hospitals ???

July 29, 2007 at 6:35 AM  

Anonymous,One thing we agree upon is we both love a lovely person like Neurotica in my case because she is a lovely lassie from home ,but please in your describtion of training Iraqies to return & stabalise the Areas don`t forget mentioning both despicable,
thug gangs that roam & cause mayhem!in this case you forgot mentioning that the fight is just as much if not even greater, against the axis iranien evil & it`s thug militias roaming the streets they have to be extinguished alongside thier patrons.Regards Olaff

July 29, 2007 at 1:23 PM  

I have been reading this blog for almost a year now. I find it strange how one minute America is scum and the next it is worthy of your adoration depending on your particular mood. I have one simple question to pose about this particular entry in your blog. If so many Iraqi's dislike or even hate America and what it is and what it stands for, why would you want to live there? There is so much you revile about American policy, don't you think the American people are subject to the same policy making? Iraqi's living in the U.S. would be subject to the same policies. I am truly sorry that America entered your country and destroyed it. It was not America's place to become involved. America should have left Iraq in all its glory in the hands of Saddam Hussein.

July 29, 2007 at 1:34 PM  

"For Iraq to win South Korea, meant alot."

No.

You did not "win" South Korea.

That is, you do not now OWN the entire country called South Korea.

You won the GAME with South Korea.

You defeated South Korea.

You beat South Korea.

You did NOT "win" South Korea.

Please think about this.

-- A Friend

July 29, 2007 at 1:39 PM  

The context is that the Danes are withdrawing from Iraq. Whether that is a good thing or a bad thing is irrelevant, judge the Brits and Americans when and if they withdraw.

July 29, 2007 at 7:53 PM  

good nose job niw.
tell me, is hubby still making a buck or two off you or is it the oher way around?

August 1, 2007 at 5:39 AM  

Sorry niw, I meant to write other. I'm such a dumb ass. he he

August 2, 2007 at 2:06 PM  

Greetings and good wishes,

My name is Karen Dabrowska. I am the author of Iraq: The Bradt Travel Guide and am now writing another Book Iraq: Then and now. It will contain the historical information from the travel guide but will update developments since 2003.

My email is
kdabrowska@tiscali.co.uk

If you send me your email I can forward and outline of the book and some chapters for your information.

It would be great if you could contribute around 500 words on life in the Green Zone, especially since it became the international zone.

With kindest regards and best wishes and looking forward to hearing from you

PS: I also set up a good news website about Iraq

www.anotherIraq.com

August 24, 2007 at 4:42 PM  

black mold exposure,
black mold symptoms of exposure,

wrought iron garden gates,
your nest iron garden gates, here,

hair styles for fine thin hair,
search hair styles for fine thin hair,

night vision binoculars,
buy, night vision binoculars,

lipitor reactions,
lipitor reactions,


luxury beach resort in the philippines,
beach resort in the philippines,

homeopathy for baby eczema.,
homeopathy for eczema learn about it.,

save big with great mineral makeup bargains,
companies marketing mineral makeups,

March 19, 2008 at 12:28 AM  

アスクル
三井ダイレクト
カラーコンタクト
カーボンオフセット
コンタクトレンズ
知多半島 温泉
知多半島 旅館
プリンセスルーム
アクサダイレクト
賃貸
不動産
不動産投資
岡山 不動産
网络营销
輸入雑貨
セルライト

August 13, 2008 at 11:16 AM  

浮気調査
募金
ゼネラリ
盲導犬
群馬 ハウスメーカー
埼玉 ハウスメーカー
治験
出産祝い
埼玉 不動産
クレジットカード決済
24そんぽ24

August 13, 2008 at 11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home