Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape neurotic Iraqi wife: A Poem, A Poem for you Bro...

neurotic Iraqi wife

March 17, 2007

A Poem, A Poem for you Bro...

Yesterday, I decided to put my so called "journalistic" talent, (which I know I have none) to fruition. I was asked by a certain well known news agency to record a few things for them. They even suggested sending me an MP3 recorder here, but I decided while I was in Abu Dhabi, to get my own. Having been kinda depressed and not really in the mood, I only managed to take out the recorder from its box yesterday. I was so excited that I finally was gonna put it to use.

Waiting for me eagerly was N (aka as the carpenter). We went and sat in the courtyard, the place I usually smoke in, and started the interview. I asked him about life during Saddam, I asked him about life now. I asked him about his dreams and hopes. It was a good 20 minutes, during which a few people came and went. I didnt really think much of it. At one time, WOB came out for a smoke, then 5 minutes later she was accompanied by one of the big shots in our organisation. Again, I didnt think much of it, although I did catch them staring at us. As I was wrapping up the interview, WOB came out AGAIN and told me to see her afterwards. N got worried, and started panicing.

I went inside and asked her what the matter was, she said "Mr Big shot (BS) is asking what were you doing, since you arent a public affairs person, and you may be breaching the security protocol" Then she continued "BS doesnt want you to know that he is the one asking, but would like me to ask you and then tell him, he also mentioned that a week ago, a lady was caught interviewing someone and head of security came in the office, handcuffed her and then denied her entry to the GZ". Ofcourse while I was standing there listening to WOB, the image of me being handcuffed didnt really seem agreeable in my mind. Hmmm, I thought to myself, there is no way in hell Im gonna tell WOB that I have a blog, nor am I gonna let her play me. So I said well thanx for telling me, but Id rather talk to BS in person, I hate beating behind the bush. She freaked out and told me not to go directly. But I wouldnt have it, I mean why would HE not confront me. Out of all people why did he go to WOB!!!

I called my HUBBY, who incidently was in AD on a business trip and was having lunch at my parents. I told him the whole story, and he just asked me to stay calm. "Whats the worst thing they can do??? Send you home???"Umm yeah HUBBY, send me home in hand cuffs, NO THANX!!!The image of me being handcuffed kept popping in my mind. Besides I was also worried about N's job. Damn I said to myself, I thanked HUBBY for being such a great help and went to smoke my lungs out. Five minutes later, my brother calls me telling me exactly what to do. I was so impressed with my brother's quick thinking and I immediately went to N praying to God that he knows an Iraqi poem. For the love of God, he did. We recorded the poem, (which turned out to be an amazing one) deleted the amazing interview and I went an wrote an email to BS telling him that first, I didnt know I was breaking any laws since I was doing it out in the open, second I didnt know that recording a poem was in breach of security. By then, I felt more at ease, and calmed N down who seemed sick to his stomach.

On my way back to my room, at night, I bumped into BS, who told me that he was trying to protect me, because a girl did get arrested etc...Out of no where my MP3 instruction manual fell on the floor, and I felt as if it was an act of God to save me. I said to BS, look I even have the manual because its the first time I use it, N and I were just playing around with it, we recorded a nice poem, you wanna hear it? Its in Iraqi. BS just smiled and said he trusted me. Man, that really was a close call. I mean really a close one. If it wasnt for my bro I dunno what I would have done. There was no way I would come up with any excuse at my moment of panic. So much for my journalistic dream and my MP3 recorder!!! I felt my privacy got violated. Its like the Big Brother watching your moves 24/7. When I say this is a prison, it really is. Im pretty sure they're probably monitoring my calls and my internet (infact I know they are since as I was trying to host the poem at webhosting site, I got a site that said your internet usage is monitored and logged!!!). Theyre probably even reading my blog this second while I write this. Yayyyyyyyyy...

Im gonna leave it at that, and lay low for a few days. Maybe will post something in a few days relating what was in that interview. I still am kicking myself for deleting it, but I didnt want to risk N's only income, incase they confiscated my MP3. Im sure WOB would have had a field day seeing me in handcuffs. She actually mentioned something about telling BS I may have a blog and that Im using the recording for that purpose. I had no clue that WOB knows anything about blogs, she doesnt really look the type. But you never know, she may even know about this one. God...Yeah Headline news, Neurotica detained handcuffed in the GZ. Oh well, so if you dont hear from me, then you probably should get worried.

Im gonna post the poem as I really loved it, it talks about a man falling inlove with a christian lady. The words are so beautiful, if I translate it in English it will lose its lustre. This is for you bro, for saving my A** for the umpteenth time...A Poem, A poem for you Bro...

Listen to The Poem

PS:I have no clue embedding it directly.If anyone knows please do tell me.
posted by neurotic_wife at 10:28 PM

17 Comments:

Just shows you how they view even Iraqi traitors and collaborators such as yourself and your "hubbie" with so much mistrust. Just keep on sucking your American master's dick for money, bitch.

March 18, 2007 at 2:47 AM  

I'm sure it was a great interview, and there was nothing wrong with your motives. However, I imagine there are security rules that you haven't even thought about before. At least, you livened things up for a bit. This post sounds just as lively, as the last one sounded disheartened. Also, it seems like a real compliment to have a well known news agency interested in what you can put together. Perhaps you can contribute in a meaningful way, without using recorded interviews.

Hubby must have an iron stomach. It sounds like he's coming and going a lot, and those corkscrew landings must be tough!

I think the one who made the first comment needs both his mind and mouth washed out with soap!

Bamboo

March 18, 2007 at 8:56 AM  

just an iraqi this message is for you. I think you should seek some mental help. If you hate this blog so much then why do u read it? Is it your daily vocabulary, do you use the same kind of language with your family? Stop posting your comments, nobody really cares about your opinion.

March 18, 2007 at 8:58 AM  

Dear NIW
In the 1960s a number of bright young Iraqis hopeful and optimistic for their country saw a way forward, a message that promised to drag the country from its dark past rushing into the bright future, a promise of equal wealth for all, for education, for women’s rights etc.
In order to achieve the best for all, a minority would have to be removed, and if they didn’t go by choice they would have to be removed by force.
They joined, they worked hard, they initially saw the fruits of their labour, then slowly things changed, they noticed that although they had been in it from the start they were being sidelined, although they were closer to the grassroots their opinions were not takes, and eventually when a number of them were handcuffed and taken away they stopped voicing their opinions, they stopped making a fuss, to protect their jobs and livelihood, to protect jobs of others less well off than them, to protect the family from being handcuffed and taken away.
At this point some of them took the difficult decision to admit they were wrong, they escaped, not without risk, but with some pride and dignity, whilst others continued to be sucked in deeper and deeper, the longer they stayed the more difficult it became to leave, and the more personal the threats “you cannot leave us they all hate you outside”
The Baathists of the 60s didn’t keep blogs, but I guess the essence of what they went through would not be very different to what you are going through now.

March 18, 2007 at 9:56 AM  

RTI NDI?

March 18, 2007 at 3:02 PM  

First of all I'd like to thank you for your great blog.
They take forbid people to speak and by doing that they also forbid people to live.

March 18, 2007 at 4:38 PM  

In America, we hardly hear about the rebuilding anymore. All we hear about is how many dead and wounded from whatever bomb or shooting or beheading that day, usually in Baghdad.

The American media has forgotten about the rest of Iraq.

March 18, 2007 at 11:23 PM  

One of the biggest problems facing all of humanity is an attitude of "us against them," of "me against you," of "my family/country/tribe/group against yours."

Most of the suffering in this world can be traced back to this instinct. It started as a survival mechanism against killers, but it got twisted.

March 19, 2007 at 12:18 AM  

I haven't been following your post recently, but scanning I see you & Hubbie went to India anyway (now do you know?). Our city (San Francisco) may not appeal to you, but we do have a few elements that you may find intriguing (smoking is a problem) so visit us some time.

At any rate, I wanted share that in the Chronicle today (Jonathan was not the author) is a map of the U.S. showing the location of every serviceman killed in Iraq by county. What was striking was that virtually every locale in this country has lost a son or daughter in your country. I think our nations & cultures have been linked by blood. I also think that we need to move beyond the policies of the Idiot Bush and find a comfort zone where your freedom to make an MP3 recording is as important as is mine to march in opposition of this government.

March 19, 2007 at 1:19 AM  

Invading and occupying your country and they treat YOU like the criminal!

Maybe you deserve to be treated with suspicion? After all, you are a collaborator against your own people and they figured that if you can sell out your own country, you can surely sell out the invaders as well?

March 19, 2007 at 8:54 AM  

Beautiful poem,, lovely Iraqi accent (my fav) :)
Thanks for posting this mp3, also glad you had this "thrill" coz i think you exercised ur heart enough for a year with all this panic.. hehe

I liked the explanation afterwards in plain Arabic.

Keep on blogging, whatever the weather!

March 19, 2007 at 9:48 PM  

The WOB is still there? I guess because you hadn't mentioned her I thought she was gone. My condolences. :(

Everybody is very touchy about security. Understanble I suppose. You just don't know who is doing what.

March 19, 2007 at 11:57 PM  

NIW, pay no mind (as I'm sure you don't) to 'just an iraqi'. Ya know, I wish they made things at local drug stores for things like 'diarhea of the mouth' or 'shit for brains'. Maybe even a local AA group (that's assholes anonymous).

March 20, 2007 at 1:46 AM  

btw, you cannot embed the mp3 directly.. you need to "host" it either on that free site or thru your own site..

what you've done is fine.. i managed to download it ok.

March 21, 2007 at 12:48 AM  

hello
Don't let my name put you off. Hope you are well. I hope your first poster is well too. You can block this sort of comment if you wish or annonymous posters too.

March 21, 2007 at 7:04 PM  

Only to say, nice blog.

Thanx & Regards,
Free Web Site Submission

May 18, 2007 at 3:05 PM  

Marhaba,

Please is there a way to e-mail you? I have something to ask you. I would like to know if it's possible to reproduce your writings?
It would be nice of you to write to me on the following adresse:

kokamella.boy@gmail.com

God bless you and our country Iraq!
Many thanks in advance

June 22, 2007 at 7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home