Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape neurotic Iraqi wife: Happy Eid and Happy New Years...

neurotic Iraqi wife

December 31, 2006

Happy Eid and Happy New Years...

You know, as much as I really didnt want to write about what I saw, as much as I just wanna let it all out. The amateur unedited video that trashed the websites left right and center, sent more hatred towards the current govt and those who chanted the ugly words of Muqtada, than the hate I had for Saddam. Forget Im Iraqi for a second, and tell me, did what you see in that video satisfy you? Did that video show you the democratic side of the Iraqi Government? Did this government adhere to the International Standards of execution? WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE, WHY WERE THEY THERE?

Youre gonna come back to me and tell me, Saddam never adhered to International standards with all these mass graves. Yes I agree, but look what this proves to you. A nation that has finished from one dictator and handed over to a worse one. The daily killings and massacres, the torture and the kidnappings. No they are not better than Saddam, they are his clones. Although I promised myself that I wont divulge into this subject, I couldnt resist. I really couldnt. Before this year ends I wanna extend my thanks to someone, someone who ruined this nation. Lets not dwell in the past, lets talk about today. Mr Bush, Mr Bush Thank You, Thank you for bringing democracy and freedom to Iraq. Thank you Mr Bush, Thank you for removing Saddam, you removed him and replaced him with little clones of his shadow.

Thank You Bush, Thank you, for you truely built Iraq and built its people. Your intentions may have not been evil (clearing my throat) but lemme say, your safer world has far been forgotten. Thank You Mr Bush for the victory and peace you have achieved. I Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Oh and let me while Im in my good spirits Thank Mr Blair. Thank You Mr Blair, thank you for being a great ally. Thank you for standing up to Bush. Thank you for freeing my country, and making it a safe haven to all those who have a vendetta against you. Yeah, ThanKs for all you both have done, for you are heroes. You have made the world a better and safer place...Yup...I wanted to Thank Saddam too, but he is down under, damn.

I also wanna extend my Thanks to the great and honest Iraqi government. Thank you Mr prime minister for being a great role model. Thank you for allowing the militia thugs destroy your nation and your people. Thanks Mr Prime Minister for letting the Mullalees rule you and control you. Oh Thank you Mr Prime Minister for allowing the widespread corruption go unnoticed right under your nose. I Thank you for filling up the roads with bodies instead of trees. I Thank You, for the hatred you planted in Iraqs childen. I thank you, I really do. I thank you for the great generation thats gonna transpire in your time. I thank all of you for building a beautiful Iraq whose inhabitants are none more than the blind followers of Iran and Syria, oh and probably the other rogue countries. Yeah Thank you. Thank you and I wish you all a Happy New year.

For all the normal People I wanna say, you ask of me to be optimistic. Yeah I will try, I will try to be one, a new year really means nothing to me, its just a another page torn off the calender, thats what it is. The habbits of resolutions and promises has long been forgotten. I dont think of those trivial things anymore, for why should I say I will try to quit smoking when I know I dont want to. Or why should I promise myself to be something I havent become in the last 32 years of my life? Right now, right this minute, New years means nothing to me except another year filled with more killings, UNLESS....

Unless all those in government will be kicked out and tried for THEIR crimes against humanity. The Interior minister who had a torture chamber hidden in his ministry. Or the corrupt police force that helps insurgents by providing them with weapons and bombs. Or and or and or...There are many aspects that I can go on about. Nearly 3000 American troops were killed in this war and thousands more injured, injured brutally. Hundreds of thousands Iraqis were killed, and hundredS of ThousandS have fled their homes. Can it get worse? Sure it can. Iran is gloating, Syria is gloating. Oh and even WOB is gloating now. Halleluja, 2007, what do you hold for us I wander. What worse can become of this nation, I dunno...

Yeah I will try to be optimistic, in less than five hours, the clock will tick, and I will tear off that page to see a new fresh 2007. N the guy who pretends to work in a carpenters shop scolded me today. He came into work despite it being Eid. He said youre a shia, how can you say youre sad for Saddam's death. He killed your people. I said, Im not sad at his death, Im sad that people worse than him are ruling you now. Barbarian criminals are ruling you, they are nothing but clones of Saddam, clones hidding behind their black abayas and i3mamas. N, who lives in the slums of Sadr City is not a sadr supporter. He smiled and said, believe me, their time will come. Just like it did for Saddam, theirs too will come. With these words, I bid you a Happy New Year, may it be a good one for you, and may that time that N is talking about be sooner than I think.

A horrific era is behind us now, and no Im not gonna say a more horrific one is coming. I will just say to all the Iraqis here, May your tomorrow, be better than yesterday, and may your future be better than the past and Present. Happy Eid and Happy New Years...
posted by neurotic_wife at 6:34 PM

35 Comments:

Mixing the papers, whos the Tyrant and whos the victim.

Happy Eid (what remains of it) and Happy New Year

December 31, 2006 at 7:22 PM  

Good Article, tell the truth, many people don't want to hear it, thank you for having the courage to speak the truth as you see it, always.
I'm re posting your article on my site, Good Job!

December 31, 2006 at 7:23 PM  

Western GImedia and Presstitutes are busy spinning and predicting happy new year for present Iraqi puppet government. They have been predicting clean new slate in the New Year after hastily executing Saddam. They wanted this momentous event to take place in 2006 as if Year 2007 will bring nothing but 'victory/victories to Bush and Blair and their puppets in Iraq. The delusions of sympathetic media continue to persist and hoping 'milestones' and 'turning corner' for occupation forces.

December 31, 2006 at 9:42 PM  

*long deep sigh*

December 31, 2006 at 11:48 PM  

I like reading your letters and respect you for your honest opinions. I also cannot begin to know how frustrated you feel with the situation in Iraq. It is easy to blame Bush and Blair for all that has gone wrong but it is the Iraqi citizens that have to find their way to freedom and peace. Wishing that Saddam was back or that none of this had ever happened is a waste of time and energy. If you think that I and many like me that supported Bush/Blair in this effort wanted to see Iraq degenerate into this chaotic situation then you are mistaken.

January 1, 2007 at 12:49 AM  

Fantastic writeup!! Just thought you should know...You've really inspired in many ways. For speaking the truth without fear, for being honest, for your insights and for so many other things.

My prayer for you and for many other Iraqis is that may 2007 be a better year, bring more smiles,laughter,love and most importantly, may it bring PEACE.

Have a wonderful and prosperous New year, NIW.

lOVE,
MOODY CRAB.

January 1, 2007 at 1:00 AM  

"It is easy to blame Bush and Blair for all that has gone wrong but it is the Iraqi citizens that have to find their way to freedom and peace.."

This sounds like Blairspeak. You're not Tony, are you?

January 1, 2007 at 1:28 AM  

There are many of us in the West who feel the deepest shame over what has happened.

Bush, Blair and Howard have sent the most terrible message, viz:

"We don't like killers and killing is wrong (unless we do it), so we are going to prove how right we are by killing the killer."

Then of course Bush, Blair and Howard all appear on their respective television programs and declare the death of Saddam as "a milestone towards democracy".

January 1, 2007 at 2:02 AM  

I was shocked at the cell phone video. And like you, I was wondering..who ARE these people and why is this not more dignified? I am afraid that the Sunnis see this as an insult. Not only because Sadr's men hung Saddam, but also because of this (reported on IraqSlogger):

"The important Muslim holiday of Eid al Adha was due to begin over the weekend. For Sunnis it began on Saturday the 30th of December. For Shias it begins on Sunday the 31st." When the government announced Eid had not begun, it effectively recognized only the Shia holiday.

I am so sorry for all the pain in your country. And this event is turning out to only contribute to the strife. At least in the short term.

In the long term, perhaps there is hope. With the future comes an opportunity for solutions.

January 1, 2007 at 4:20 AM  

Happy Eid, happy New Years, happy execution to the PIG Saddam, long live Muqtada Alsadr, long live free new Iraq. Taste of revenge is so sweet. Saddam gone to hell forever and NOTHING Sunna can do.

January 1, 2007 at 7:18 AM  

Hey, I was thinking about some things you said, and after watching the tape, regardless of what the man might have done to people you know, from a observer standpoint I changed my post to:

Saddam Hussein Died Well
He remained with his composure till the very end , in spite of the circus atmosphere, who were these people? and did it take half a dozen masked men to explain to him how he was going to die? Anyone that looked at the video can tell he was taunted.

I don't feel qualified to judge him, that's a higher calling , but from an observer standpoint he died with dignity and and died well.

January 1, 2007 at 8:36 AM  

"Mr Bush, Mr Bush Thank You, Thank you for bringing democracy and freedom to Iraq."

Bush and Blair gave Iraqis the opportunity for democracy and freedom. It is up to Iraqis to seize the chance and build something decent for themselves. Early progress toward this goal is not promising, but who knows what the future holds?

January 1, 2007 at 3:53 PM  

This government is Iraqi born. The USA just helped set the framework. It is the Sunni's fault for not accepting their lower post on the totem pole after being privileged under Saddam and boycotting early elections which determined their percentage of representation. It is the Shiites' fault for letting Sadr gain a large following among their poor which actually is side result of Saddam's repression of the Shiites. The sieve of a border around Iraq has been in existence even before the US election. The Iraqis like it that way, and it became the way that Al Quaida came into Iraq to provoke Sadr's militias, Iran came in to supply Sadr's militias and Saudi Arabia came in to supply the Sunni insurgents. The Iraq you see now is an Iraq freed from the authoritarianism of Saddam and one that eventually would have come to being because Saddam and his cult of personality would have eventually gone away anyway. It actually is better to have it taken away sooner than later. Go visit North Korea to see what a lifetime under Saddam would look like. However, this government is just the first iteration from under Saddam's thumb. As long as people have the ability to choose who represents them, it will gradually change for the better, but it will be a bumpy road as the USA will attest.

January 1, 2007 at 6:36 PM  

..."It is the Sunni's fault for not accepting their lower post on the totem pole."

Democracy is not designed to create a lower status for a group of people. It is about equal representation, not about simple majority rule. And it is not just about voting. There are plenty of unfair governments which rose from the vote.

I doubt the primary goal for the movers and shakers was democracy for Iraq anyway. Otherwise, they'd be closer to it by now.

January 1, 2007 at 8:09 PM  

I'm no fan of Bush or Blair either, but you can't just make a blanket statement that everything going on there is their fault. At some point, Iraqi citizens have a decision to either stay home, and not kill anyone...or go out, and kill people. Just don't do it. Just don't go out and kill people. That simple. This 'sectarian violence' stops.

January 1, 2007 at 11:56 PM  

I really admire you for the fact that you're a muslims who celebrates Christmas freely. I believe that we all should celebrate the two Eids, Christmas, New years, Thanksgiving, etc.. It just brings people together and teaches us a lot about each other.

Your blog is amazing, keep the good work up.

January 2, 2007 at 12:23 AM  

Blair will be gone very soon , Bush is now a lame duck without his neo-cons in power ... they've made their mess , had their illegal war (Kofi Annan's words not mine) , created a land drowning in sectarian violence ("liberated" in Bush speak) and indirectly have the blood of hundreds of thousands of innocent Iraqis on their hands.

Send a few more troops in , that should give the militias something else to shoot at.

And why should Sunnis (or anyone else for that matter) accept a lower post when it just means getting kidnapped and murdered by the government sponsored militias ?

Voilence just breeds more violence - when they finally learn that , maybe Iraq has a chance.

January 2, 2007 at 12:49 AM  

If a democracy is to be successful over the long haul a hard lesson has to learned- that freedom and equality are uneasy bedfellows. One will devour the other if left unchecked. That check is the rule of law. Iraq has been given a chance to establish this but I'm afraid they were unprepared.For this I do blame Bush/Blair and their advisors, however I still think the effort was correct and It may succeed. The question is was the sacrifice all around worth it?

January 2, 2007 at 1:42 AM  

Please, red letters on a green background are very difficult to read.

January 2, 2007 at 8:52 AM  

Dear NIW,

Happy Eid and Happy New Year...

January 2, 2007 at 9:58 AM  

Here is an NY Times article on Iraqi immigration to the U.S.:

"Few Iraqis Are Gaining U.S. Sanctuary"

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/02/world/middleeast/02refugees.htm

January 2, 2007 at 3:17 PM  

Let me try again:

Here is an NY Times article on Iraqi immigration to the U.S.:

"Few Iraqis Are Gaining U.S. Sanctuary"

January 2, 2007 at 3:17 PM  

Oh dear. I am so very sorry, neurotic housewife. Just a little note to say that I sympathize all the way over here in Marrakesh. And I am wishing you and all the Iraqi people a much saner and healthier 2007.

January 2, 2007 at 6:26 PM  

anon just copy it onto a word file, and then read it.

January 2, 2007 at 6:37 PM  

Hi,
I read some of yr posts and although I live in the UK I share a lot of yr thoughts. Hang in there!
Happy New Year (and if there is any of it left Happy Eid)

January 2, 2007 at 7:15 PM  

You are forgetting to thank the 9 million IRAQIS who elected this government.

You could thank the thousands of Al-Queda who have a home in Sunni IRAQI areas. You could thank the millions of IRAQIS who don't march for peace, or the millions of IRAQIS who don't serve in the Army to actually try and save the country. The Germans and the Japanese built entirely new societies once they were liberated from tyranny- maybe some of your scorn should be for your fellow countrymen- instead of the 3,000 dead Americans who sacrificed their lives to give foreigners a chance at democracy and peace.

January 2, 2007 at 10:11 PM  

Thank you for sharing this blog with us. Too many times in the US we get caught up in speaking about Iraq (and the Iraqi people)in the abstract, throwing around numbers, facts, and statistics as if there weren't any flesh and blood people behind them. I wish the dawning of this New Year held more promise for you and your fellow Iraqis, but I have to agree with you. WIth just about everything you said in your post. I wish President Bush and the rest of the American politicians (as well as the Iraqi ones!) would read your blog. It would really open up their eyes to the problems faced by your people.

I wish you a Happy Eid and a Happy New Year. There is no guarantee that things will imporve, but if more people like you let their voices be heard we'd have a much better chance

January 2, 2007 at 10:44 PM  

dbs4lifer sadi" I wish President Bush and the rest of the American politicians (as well as the Iraqi ones!) would read your blog. It would really open up their eyes to the problems faced by your people.
"

They already know but they decided to ignor.

January 2, 2007 at 11:51 PM  

3000 soldiers???
Dude that's only the announced number!!!

I wonder whom they should thank!!
Bush?

January 2, 2007 at 11:59 PM  

And now the BBC news says the new video footage of "the execution" will be investigated !!

So ... "the government" will now investigate why ... "the government" f**ked up so bad and managed to turn the tyrant into a martyr !

Gotta love this ... just when you thought "the government" couldn't fall any lower , they go and dig a new deeper hole for themselves.

Maybe Emperor George and the neo-cons could lend Maliki their PR machine ... they certainly need somnething ... and quickly !

January 3, 2007 at 12:07 AM  

i can not disagree... 3ashat eidich

January 3, 2007 at 3:57 AM  

The Shi'ites are the same as Sunnis in Iraq, they want to kill and do the same things that Saddam did.

Let the Kurds rule Iraq, at least they have humanity left in them.

January 4, 2007 at 2:48 AM  

Hi IW,

I heard you on the radio last night as I was driving home from work. Although I couldn't hear what you were saying (because the line was so bad) it did make me look up your blog today - so it wasn't an entirely wasted opportunity. It is addictive reading and I will probably be at it all weekend. I sincerely hope 2007 brings better things for you and all of Iraq. Happy new year.

January 5, 2007 at 2:39 PM  

oops - I'm new at this - I've posted this against the wrong article - sorry Ill try again

January 5, 2007 at 2:43 PM  

Blame, blame, blame. Is that all muslims ever do? If your people are corrupted, thats not Bush's fault. If your people squandered an opportunity, thats not Bush's fault. If your people have poor judgement and no sense of morality, thats not Bush's fault.

I'm so sorry my tax dollar was spent and my American blood was spilt at all, for such an ungrateful lot.

January 4, 2008 at 3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home