Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape neurotic Iraqi wife: Vibrators in Iraq...

neurotic Iraqi wife

December 12, 2006

Vibrators in Iraq...

First off, I would like to congratulate the Iraqi Football team on winning Korea. We have now reached the Finals of the Asian Games (final will be with Qatar). You do not understand how such news is received amid the chaos, havoc and killings thats going around here. It gives the Iraqis a glimpse of what happiness is like. It lifts their spirits up and believe it or not, for that minute of triumph it actually united them. (it took a football game to unite the Iraqis, while ppl ouside are analysing how to reconcile differences, hmm, maybe have a year round tournament, what do you think???)For the name of Iraq, all Iraqis with its Sunnis and Shias, with its Christians and Kurds, with its Chaldeans and Sabi'as, all of them were delighted at the news. You can hear the celebratory shots being fired and the cars beeping all along. Even here in the Green zone, all the cars were out beeping and people were celebrating. On our way to the BS, we saw Iraqi men holding the Flag and chanting with the top of their voices. Mabrook, alif mabrook.

And no Im not gonna comment on the massacre that took place today morning. Im not gonna comment because there's no point, theres no use. We were under lockdown when the first bombing took place. HUBBY called me immediately, and the only words that came out of my lips were "Allah Il Satir" (not sure how to translate it literally). Then I read the news on yahoo, and my heart sank...

I just wanna continue with what I was writing about in my previous post. So basically the General refused to sign the papers. After some deliberation, and 2 days later, the General decided that there is no harm especially after reviewing the references that all my Iraqi colleagues supplied with their applications. And the smile and laughter returned yet again. The applications were sent via our mail, 4 days before the 17th. When I asked what would they do if they get the Green Card, Z, who btw is still munching on bread, said I might come back, but I will come back as a DOD. Thats what they call us expats here. Both I and the others laughed at that...

The first step is to have your application approved, then after a few months the department will contact you and set out an interview date, mostly takes place in the embassy in Amman. You have to have medical tests taken, then pass the interview. Once you pass the interview, your visa is issued within one week, and you are elligible to travel to the States then I guess after one year you get the green card. Im not sure about the financing, not sure about the housing if these are taken care of by the US gov. My colleagues arent sure as well, but they dont care, they just want a one way ticket outta here.

Three people who applied back in July, had their applications approved. Their interviews were set in Amman. Two guys, travelled together, one was granted entry to Jordan, the other was refused entry. And Im not gonna explain WHY the Jordanian Officer granted one and not the other. I think many Iraqis would know the real reason, especially those who travel to Amman. The guy who was granted entry, passed the interview and is now getting ready to travel to California together with his wife and kid.

The person I really wanted this to work out for is ofcourse my friend, the only one I can call so, here, and that is S. She got her interview date and travelled to Amman She was so worried that she will be refused entry just like A. I remember telling her not to worry and that everything will be fine. Her email to me a day before the interview:

Hope you're doing great...I just want to let you know that I made it safely to Amman...tomorrow is the big day....I'm so worried....please keep me in your prayers and wish me luck.

Her email after the interview which made me cry:
Neurotica Habibti,
First I would like to wish you a Happy Birthday...inshalla meet sana..
Second I have some good news and bad news ...the good news is....Halhili (means ululate)....I made it and I'm supposed to receive the visa within a week...the bad news is that my sister didn't make it this time they delayed her application for another two months.
I will need to stay in Amman for at least another week or so until I receive the visa...after that I will decide what to do.


I cannot describe to you my happiness. I cannot describe to you the weird shivers I got after reading her words. For when I was blowing my candle, I prayed, I prayed for S. I prayed for her. S got her way out of here. S got the freedom she always wanted. S will be able to wear her cross wherever, and whenever she wants. S can walk with her head held up, not fearing the unknown. S is gonna live the life that all Iraqis dream of. Most importantly, S is gonna be SAFE!!! I am just hoping that now, all my Iraqi colleagues will get their chance and will have their wishes granted.

The US gov acted as a catalyst in nourishing the sectarian violence. The US and ofcourse the outsiders that came in from Iran, Syria, Afghanistan and all the other countries. But atleast, I can say, that this immigration program, may be a tiny part of a reconciliation. In my opinion, immigration should be granted to all the Iraqis. "lend us part of Texas, set us up, let us live our lives. And leave those who kill and kidnap behind. Let them live in Iraq. UNtil they all die, then all the good people can come back again. "Actually these arent my words, these are words coming out from an Iraqi I speak to regularly. He said thats the best solution, and let them (the US) bomb Iraq and the militias and gangs with nuclear weapons, just like Hiroshima, eradicate them all, then we can all come back and start rebuilding our country from scratch. If they really wanna help us, let them do that. I must agree here...Let all those who fight in the name if Jihad, and Islam, in the name of Shia'sm and Sunnism kill each other without the innocent Iraqis who want to live in peace.

Now to a very funny story(if you are below the age of 18 pls do not read further) , L a colleague of mine, actually an ex colleague (she got another job with another company but still in the same compound) came to me yesterday and said, I need to ask you something , but its kinda embarrasing, and you are the only one I can talk to, so lets go out and have a smoke. I followed her out and pulled my cig then said What is it L? Do you need anything? L said, no, then she lowered her voice and said is a vibrator what I think it is??? OMG. I was just startled. I almost choked on my cig. L, I asked shocked, how do you know about vibrators??? L who by now was blushing big time, said well, the American ladies I work with keep whispering to each other about using vibrators. I overheard them the other day, and because I didnt wanna embarrass myself, I googled it. (yup, the joy of the internet). I tried to act as normal as can be and asked, aha, and what did you find out???

L looked at me then came closer, she said, it looks like you know. Like what??? You know, like you know what IM talking about. Hmm, this time I laughed from the bottom of my heart and said Oh L, yessss, it is what you think it is. She said, but why is it fun??? I said, hmm, hard question, why dont you ask the women you overheard??? She gave me a shocking look, you must be crazy she said. No way, I cant do that. Then I said, well, I dunno L. I cant answer you there. Then L flashed a smile and said, you know, these women keep getting me sweets and chocolates, christmas is coming, do you think maybe I should order something on the net for them??? And here was what I was dreading. Using HUBBYs credit card to purchase VIBRATORS, and umm to have them shipped here. Wont that be just lovely. I patted L's shoulder and said, L dont even THINK about it. Get them ANYTHING, ANYTHING but those.

There is sadness everywhere, but when they come here, they lose themselves in what they see as their freedom. My prison is their freedom, yet the laughter albeit scarce, is there. Can anyone imagine that vibrators will be a subject talked about in this part of the world, and in these circumstances??? No, nor did I until L brought it up. Imagine that. Vibrators. Vibrators in Iraq...
posted by neurotic_wife at 8:30 PM

11 Comments:

If only all those Iraqis who took to the streets when their soccer team won can take to the streets and take it back from the minority of extremists. That's what Iraqis need. They need a leader who will make them go into the streets like the soccer team did. But then it is far easier to hide and blame than to actually take responsibility for yourself. Did Saddam kill off all the Iraqis with a backbone?

December 12, 2006 at 8:47 PM  

I think you should promote the use of vibrators for the women in Iraq. If they find that men are not needed maybe then things will start getting better for the ladies. Also, this would make men work harder for there wives and treat them like humans. Plus, being sexually oppressed sucks.

December 12, 2006 at 10:05 PM  

"lend us part of Texas, set us up, let us live our lives. And leave those who kill and kidnap behind. "

I had to laugh. This has been my proposal for, oh, I dunno, several years. WTH, take Nevada, it isn't like anyone in their right mind wants to live here anyway...plenty of room. Of course it won't happen, but it would probably be the best thing we could do.

December 13, 2006 at 8:44 AM  

A vibrator is a nessesity of life ....... especially when hubbies are busy. I don't leave home (nor do I stay home) without my trusted vibrator. Period.

December 13, 2006 at 9:22 AM  

So delighted with you that S has her ticket out of the present situation. How hard for her though to set out on a new life alone. I have such amazing respect for her and for those of you continuing your everyday life in the GZ. You will miss her so much. I pray you will find someone else to be able to fill that gap. Go the Iraqi football team!

December 13, 2006 at 9:25 AM  

That was hilarious. This is the funniest thing I've heard coming out of Baghdad in a long time. It's nice to know that there are still some lighter moments in your lives.

December 13, 2006 at 12:04 PM  

See if you can post more reactions to the Iraqi soccer team wins. I would love to read personal reactions to the semifinal win over South Korea. If the Iraqi soccer team wins the Asian Games finals, they will probably have more positive effect in bringing Iraqis together than Maliki or any other politician. Who knows. The soccer team may become the catalyst that normal Iraqis need to come together and reverse the trend of violence.

December 14, 2006 at 12:42 AM  

I'm happy for your friends who made it in to the States, NIW. I hope more will be able to come.

Vibrators? Oh, we are corrupting you!

ROTFL!

December 14, 2006 at 12:51 AM  

I about fell out my chair laughing!

December 14, 2006 at 3:04 PM  

Sang J, As I said, maybe we should have a year long tournament, that will definitely solve the problem...

Chris, lol, yeah and have Muqtada and the rest issuing fatwas. Umm I dont think so. Besides, I have read somewhere that in Islam any sexual pleasure (from toys, etc ) is forbidden. I have to research it more. It doesnt make sense. Why would it be forbidden if youre not having an affair, or out of marriage sex??? Dunno

NYM, Yeah seriously. I mean anywhere, just for a short time until people can go back to a "normal" free of terrorists Iraq...

Lol Anon. No comment..

Beams, yeah she surely will be missed especially by me, and no I dont think I will ever find anyone as genuine as S is...I hope all the Iraqis get it, they really do deserve a better life...

Iraqijew, yeah, there are quite a few of them, very scarce, but people still manage to have a laugh once in awhile...

Lynette, yeah you guys are!!! I mean the word vibrator coming out from L, was a shock to my system...But on the lighter side. In my opinion, and thats just me, I dont think theres anything wrong with it. But probably others, especially Arabs or Iraqis, reading the post got pissed off,lol..

Solo, Im glad it made you laugh. You should have been there to expereince L's words and my reaction. I was like uhoh...loool

December 15, 2006 at 8:10 PM  

Well I am an amrican living in america. I can only say to you, that all of us here do not think we should necessarily be there doing what we are doing, but I know several men in the US armed forces and they all tell me the same stories. Iraqi's like the idea that they will soon be free. Free to speak their mind, free to get jobs, free to keep from wearing scarves over their faces. Most of the soldiers I talk to say they are welcome in Iraq. I do not know for sure, but I tend to agree with them. My heart goes out to all Iraqis' who wish for a better life. The Saddam regime has went on long enough. god Bless you all and believe it or not some of us do pray for you.

Vibrators in Iraq. Why not they are everywhere else in the world. Women, no matter where they are from, need fullfillment also. The pleasure from a vibrator or men of their choice. Another freedom I truly hope you all get to choose very soon.

December 31, 2006 at 1:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home