Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape neurotic Iraqi wife: Sights and Sounds of the Green Zone...

neurotic Iraqi wife

November 03, 2006

Sights and Sounds of the Green Zone...

Since today is our half day off, I managed to convince HUBBY to take me around so I can take some pictures and videos for the blog. A year or so back, taking pics wasnt a big deal, but now as the situation is worsening, videos and photographs arent allowed in many places. There were incidents were Iraqis would take pictures of other Iraqis in the GZ and then threaten them with it.

I hope this will give you a little idea of how it is here. But by the way, Umm, I dont think I will ever be a good journalist, so please dont be too critical, Im just an amateur...

Below is just Twalls, proves to you how boring and grey life in the Green Zone is. I was supposedly giving commentry in the background, but umm my voice was gone with the wind...As you will see, the mopeds have become very popular here. The Palmtrees look dry and the green is calling out for water!!!



This next video is of the new US embassy being built...Supposedly the largest in the world and HUBBY is sharing the commentary with us here,lol


Court Saddam being tried in:


This is Prosperity Palace, HUBBY is doing me a favour by holding the cam,lol. The beautiful Dome of the Prosperity Palace was hit during the war, and 3 years later, no one fixed it.



These are the Statues of Saddam, Then HUBBY warned me of the no photography sign, ooops


This last video is again of the Twalls, and Al Rasheed hotel from afar. I wasnt so sure if what HUBBY was saying about the tomb of the unknown soldier was correct, hence I was just mumbling after him.



Hope you enjoyed these videos. I took some photos but will keep that for another day. These are some of The Sights and Sounds of the Green Zone...
posted by neurotic_wife at 9:39 PM

21 Comments:

Need some kind of "friend request" to view these videos as they are marked "private".

November 3, 2006 at 11:11 PM  

I really wonder whether you should be posting this information.

November 4, 2006 at 2:55 AM  

Interesting blog

November 4, 2006 at 3:30 AM  

You need to make the videos public for anybody to see them. Or you have to send friend invites to everybody who reads your blog.

I was very interested in Prosperity Palace as that is where my husband is. Yes, it hasn't been repaired. They're too busy building stuff for the Iraqis to worry about their own living quarters. They just put up plywood over the holes and seal them as best they can.

November 4, 2006 at 3:42 AM  

Dear Iraqi Wife,

It was very kind of you to take videos and post them for us, but unfortunately, I too get the error message "This is a private video. If you have been sent this video, please make sure you accept the sender's friend request."

November 4, 2006 at 5:01 AM  

I can't get the videos to play either. I thought maybe there were too many and my computer couldn't download it all. The embassy image is completely blocked out. Perhaps that's too sensitive too show.

kathy

November 4, 2006 at 5:30 AM  

Can u tell me if its working now???

November 4, 2006 at 7:02 AM  

Yep, just watched them all

November 4, 2006 at 7:06 AM  

Yes was able to view them all too. Thanks ....was very interesting to get another view of what life is like for you in the GZ.

November 4, 2006 at 7:59 AM  

Thanks so much for the videos! I have to say, the most interesting thing to me was actually hearing you and HUBBY's voices! It's one thing to read the words for so long, but to actually hear the voices behind the "characters", adds a whole new dimension. I was surpised to hear how American you sounded, NIW. As always, excellent progress you are making on this blog. Be safe, please :)

November 4, 2006 at 8:43 AM  

Dear NIW,

Good job ma'am, you and your HUBBY are good reporters, you have such a nice voice though.

I was there in June 06, wish I could see you but I think you were outside of Iraq @ that time...

Hopefully in the future

November 4, 2006 at 9:44 AM  

thanks for the videos, they are all working now.

I paused for minutes thinking and thinking while and after watching each video. Thinking of what has become of beautiful Baghdad.

Once someone said something I didn't agree with him then, but after what I saw and what I hear and read on daily basis I see that he was right.
He said that Iraq has never been for the Iraqis, it remained so

November 4, 2006 at 11:45 AM  

Fascinating. Don't get to see anything so interesting and with the human edge here in the UK. Thanks.

November 4, 2006 at 3:06 PM  

Great Posting!! Thanks! Your blog is very interesting. I was offered a position in Iraq by a large US contractor, but I declined. Great to see the sites I would have seen.

November 4, 2006 at 8:23 PM  

thanks, much appreciated

November 4, 2006 at 10:10 PM  

I do apologize for the glitch at the beginning. Thanx everyone for your comments, but I also want to apologize for the lame videos, I was trying to show as much as I can (mainly twalls), but first, I was worried that a tanker would pass by and see me taking a video, and second, my batteries were running out, third when in Prosperity Palace photography wasnt allowed so I was very cautious incase I get caught...Next time, It will be more fruitful...Maybe have an interview with HUBBY how abt that???Lol...

Oh and ebb, I fixed the other video. I never knew no one was able to watch it...

November 4, 2006 at 10:17 PM  

Thanks for the video. Funny that after all these years we have so little picture images of how it all looks and feels from on the ground perspective. Would like to see more of this.

anna missed

November 4, 2006 at 11:57 PM  

Thanks for the videos. Liked the running commentary from you & hubby. LOL

November 5, 2006 at 8:21 PM  

The videos were great. Thank you so much for taking them and sharing them with us!

November 5, 2006 at 8:50 PM  

Very interesting blog with good information’s. I really enjoyed watching the videos. Thank you for this blog. Greetings. Nicole

November 20, 2006 at 1:02 AM  

Thanks for sharing the videos, my hubby is getting stationed there and I feel better knowing where he will be.Thank You

June 5, 2008 at 8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home