Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape neurotic Iraqi wife: Loo Hara, Loo Wara...

neurotic Iraqi wife

November 04, 2006

Loo Hara, Loo Wara...

Yup, the hammering has started. Its 1040pm, and I can hear very loud shots fired in the air (maybe they are celebrating prematurely). Five minutes ago, I heard what sounded like a mortar outside the GZ. Tomorrow is the big day. Its Saddam's Trial Verdict. Although I feel the tension abit exxagerated, still people are very nervous.

At around 330pm today, a rumour of a curfew in Baghdad and other cities started going around the office. By 4 pm, it was confirmed and all the Iraqis scurried home. As they were leaving, I said please be careful and stay safe, they turned to me and said "NO, YOU be Careful". For whatever the verdict will be, whether the death sentence, which I doubt very much, we as in people in the GZ will get hammered by his loyalists, and if it isnt the death sentence then we will still get hammered by those who want him dead!!! Both ways, the GZ will see fireworks tomorrow. Although I have a slight feeling that the verdict will get postponed. Lets wait and see...

When I asked my Iraqi colleagues what they hope for, some shrugged and said we dont care anymore, this is all a game. Others said, even if the death penalty will be passed, do you really think they will kill him???No way...And some said, well they probably will pass life imprisonment but kill him anyways. Its all a game, its all a game, thats what many people think here...One actually said, do you really think I care whether Saddam gets killed or not??? Thats the least of my worries!!!

So lets wait and see...Tomorrow is the day alot of Iraqis are waiting for, there's a saying in Iraqi "loo hara, loo wara" Not sure how to translate it literally, but it means something like it will either get bad or worse...
posted by neurotic_wife at 9:46 PM

8 Comments:

I was glad to see in your videos that the green zone is well protected -- walls-within-walls-within-walls.

I expected Saddam to be executed within 90 days after Iraqis gained sovereignty. I was surprised it took this long to get a verdict.

November 5, 2006 at 4:01 AM  

NIW,

After following your posts, seeing your picture, and finally hearing your voice, I feel like I know you. Maybe not as a close friend, but as another woman who is real and honest and candid.

Don't worry about the quality of your videos. That's what camera men are for (not joshing hubby or anything, lol). Journalists write the story, they make the story real to those who are not there. This is who you are. I have passed your blog address around to my school mates so that they may see what goes on over there, so they can look beyond what our television networks don't show or say. You are a journalist in our eyes.

I'm not saying you have to give us the news 24/7, lol. Just keep doing what you've been doing. We love it.

Melanie

November 5, 2006 at 6:28 AM  

Saddam was as good as dead the minute he was taken prisoner back in 2003. This whole farce has been for US and international consumption with the so obvious fact that the date of his verdict just happens to be 2 days ahead of the mid-term elections in the US (how convienient).

November 5, 2006 at 8:00 AM  

NIW,

IT IS WARA!!!

November 5, 2006 at 12:29 PM  

Please be careful and stay @ home than go out.

PS:Really like your blog. Will be back.

November 5, 2006 at 2:23 PM  

As expected, Saddam is found guilty by an occupation intalled court of defending himself when he was attacked by Iranian backed rebels in the town of Dujail.

At least he will find peace in death from seeing what the occupation has done to his nation and his people...R.I.P

November 5, 2006 at 2:30 PM  

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

November 5, 2006 at 8:14 PM  

This is like being stuck between the devil and the deep blue sea. Damned if you do, Damned if you dont. Either way, you still get hurt. Please be careful.

Even though Saddam killed lots of people, I think life imprisonment is better. There'll be too much mayham if he is executed.

November 5, 2006 at 9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home