Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape neurotic Iraqi wife: The State of Terror...

neurotic Iraqi wife

July 11, 2006

The State of Terror...

We finally got internet access at home...Things have improved just abit on the homefront...HUBBY still sleeps most of the time, which kinda bugs the hell outta me...Apparantely since the last post, we realised that him taking valium to adjust his sleeping habbits had made him go into depression...He stopped taking it and for one day only HUBBY became normal, then he resumed his not wanting to go out or doing anything for that matter...I have been trying my best to find activities for him...Geez, I feel like a mom trying to find activities for her child to keep him occupied (I raise my hat to you moms out there)...And honestly theres really nothing much happening in Abu Dhabi...He finally got convinced that maybe a trip to the gym will do him good, so we applied for one and waiting for approval...

Im the homey kind, so if I dont go out, or if theres nothing to do, I dont mind...I just grab a book and go into my la la land...HUBBY on the other hand doesnt read....instead he either complains that he is bored, or he goes to sleep...I find myself many times sitting alone on the sofa, watching TV...Not really my idea of a married life...I see couples out and about and wish that maybe I will be like that one day...Maybe just maybe I will get appreciated one day...It gets stressful at times cuz I keep thinkin maybe theres something wrong with me that he doesnt find appealing...I dunno...A woman's mind can play games and in the end gets very negative...All I want is a normal life...Dunno if what Im asking for is alot...Am I???Im trying my best here, lets see...

Al Maliki was here 10 days ago...I didnt get to go but my brother and brother in law went and heard him speak...They liked him, and said that he sounded very serious about taking actions against whats happening in Iraq right now...I myself dont believe that things will get better...Im fed up of politicians talking and not doing anything...Words stopped doing it for me long time ago...Words, promises are nothing, are worthless if there is no action...We have been hearing the same BS over and over without seeing any improvements...Infact all I see is a nation that is struggling to live, struggling to survive...And the darn politicians are busy exerting all their energy in empty words...What a shame...

As for the current situation, well things have really heated up and I believe we are in the middle of a civil war...Yup thats exactly whats happening...Remember that day, I think it was a few days ago when it was reported that bogus check points were set up in Hay Al Jihad in Baghdad, well, my cousin (a shia'), who headed out to the Dora District for some meeting, in the morning, was lucky enough to miss a number of fake checkpoints that apparantely were set later on that day in Dora...He was called up by some colleagues of his who told him they were stopped by these checkpoints that were targetting Shia's ...They presented them with fake ID's and survived...He escaped this time and he vowed that he will be making plans very soon to take his family out of the country... Shias killing Sunni's and Vise Versa...This is what has become of a nation that used to live happily together...Not caring what sect or religeon was the next door neighbour...Its people like Al Qaeda, actually they are not people but criminals, that started all this...Insects that came crawling in, spreading their poison...Their fatal poison...

My aunt on the otherhand, who lives in Adhamiya is already making plans to come over here with her family...Things are getting outta hand over there...Even those who had some kind of optimistic views lost it...Remember W, a former colleague of mine???Well he sent me an email telling me that he is trying to get a visa to come here and asked me to tell HUBBY not to even consider visiting Baghdad...Another former colleague of mine, Y, managed to get a visa to Dubai around a month ago...She arrived in Dubai, loved it, was extremely fortunate and got a job...I spoke to her on the phone a few weeks ago and she kept talking about what a difference Dubai is to Baghdad...

Y could not believe her eyes when they were set on the high rise buildings and the huge developments taking place...She laughed and said, there we were risking our lives going to the green zone everyday in the effort of rebuilding the country by fixing some railways, or renovating schools, and we were so emotional about it..Look at this place...This is the place I want to live in...This is the place where I can bring my children up without even thinking twice if they wanna go out the house...She made me laugh when she said that she even put on her tightest jeans and a tight tshirt and decided to go out for a walk...Just for the heck of it...Was curious to see what would happen to her...I laughed big time...But I couldnt blame her...She said this is what I call Freedom...Y is waiting for her children and husband to join her end of the month...Thats it she said...No more Baghdad for me...It has become a hell...Literally a hell...Y is like many hundreds or even thousands that are moving to the Emirates...

I was watching a program the other day on an Iraqi channel, showing us the exodus of families leaving...The bus operator said that only in Salhiya in Baghdad 10,000 people daily are travelling to Syria, and thats only busses...Imagine the private hired taxis, and the planes...Wowww...I cant seem to imagine how Baghdad or Iraq is going to be in a few months time...Its gonna be like an empty shell...An empty shell filled with thugs and militias...And those who cant afford to get out are gonna be the victims...Victims of the State...The State of Terror...
posted by neurotic_wife at 9:17 PM

5 Comments:

Neurotica,

It's the same story from all the Iraqi bloggers. I think in a few months the only ones still in Iraq are going to be ITM, and for how long can they hold out. The one bright side I can see is that when only the thugs and militias are left, maybe they will kill each other off and them the regular people can return and rebuild.

By the way good the hear you complaining, sounds like your back to normal :) I hope your felling better and readjusted to be back in the world. I'm sure HUBBY will come around, remember he was in for longer than anyone I know of. I mean HUBBY was inside even before I started my blog, back in the days on Blog Count, before even you had a blog. I think he must have the record for longest serving continuous duty civilian.

July 12, 2006 at 3:16 AM  

Zeyad over at HealingIraq has a similar detailed post about Iraqis going to live in Amman, Jordan.
That is extremely sad! I cannot imagine how pissed off, angry, and sad all of you must be to leave your country.
Your idea of doing exercise is a great idea. Exercise has been PROVEN to help combat depression and reduce mental stress.

Has he put out any resumes'? With all that building going on in Dubai, I am sure they need lots and lots of engineers.

July 12, 2006 at 4:38 AM  

My heart breaks for you and your country. Praying that God smiles on Iraq and blesses this country with peace and prosperity. Never lose hope.
Watch the valium. It is habit forming.

July 13, 2006 at 1:55 PM  

Hi'
It's hot here in California and I can't sleep. I only wanted to thank you for your shared thoughts.. Ican't seem to stop reading blogs from the middle east.
beginning with Salam Pax- what 3 years ago. Now I'm reading in Lebanon etc. I think you should take your husband out where he can practice his craft and then come to rebuild.
They do seem hell bent on destroying the professional class.We are not sseing enough pictures.v Why can't just someone just surprise us for a change. Just
something spectacular--Like the hez
lining up and throwing down their weapons becoming real men. They have done some good things...Not another rocket will bomb innocents.. Put the ball in their court. Why can't little sadre dude
say "Enough fighting- and hand out
shovels and say let's rebuild...You can add US and everyone else. Is my mind going- was it the
sixties period.? The day labor
story touched my heart as well!
I guess I'll to sleep now.I just wanted to email you personally-I'm not articulate enough to send out comments. Stay cool and think about
saving your hubby.
regards, Sheril
just a mom in Sacramento

July 22, 2006 at 2:13 PM  

hi my name is teresa i am from west virginia in usa, my heart goes out to everyone in irag, and thanks for keeping us updated i like reading the blogs, your friend teresa

July 24, 2006 at 1:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home