Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape neurotic Iraqi wife: Sandy Day in Baghdad...

neurotic Iraqi wife

June 20, 2006

Sandy Day in Baghdad...



A short video I took a few weeks before we left Baghdad...This was taken on one of the rooftops at my workplace... You can tell from the back noise, that it was kinda windy and I was getting blown away...Wish I had taken more videos...darn...I was infact talking to LTC Loud...Who infact was promoted end of last year to a Colonel...One of the nicest and sweetest Americans I have met during my stay in Baghdad...Oh and not to forget to mention that he is from where else but my favourate...The Air Force...

Eversince Col Loud worked with us, everyone and I mean everyone including me gained weight...It was inevitable with all the packages he seemd to receive on a daily basis filled with yummy goodies, especially chocolates!!! Im quite fussy when it comes to chocolates...It has to be pure and not mixed with peanut butter...eeeewwww...So everyday, LTC Loud would roar out my name in the middle of the office and order me to go and get my share...Lol...

He got along really with the Iraqis, infact you can tell by his amazing persona, that his interest was genuine...He always wanted to learn new Iraqi words, always wanted to taste the food...He always joked around with them and helped them out...Always...But LTC Loud, had his own brush with death...It was awful...Him and a few colleagues had to visit a place in Abu Graib area...Their convoy was shot at... No one was injured thankfully but from the pictures he showed us...Their car had bullet holes all over..Scary very scary...Ever since that incident, that roaring laughter disappeared...

I remember going to him and talking to him shortly afterwards...Asking him if he was doing ok, cuz he doesnt seem to be himself anymore...Without any hesitation or fear of being seen as weak, he told me that he's been going to the Dr and was given some medication to help him sleep...He even admitted that he feared sleeping cuz whenever he did, he would have nightmares and wake up in a cold sweat...It was a tough time for him, especially when he was so far away from his wife that he loved so much and his kids who he adored... It took some time...a long long time for him to be able to flash that cute smile of his and laugh...But LTC Loud, was never ever the same again...

Anyhow, I hope you've enjoyed this short video, sorry about my annoying voice thou...This is the sights and sounds of a Sandy Day in Baghdad...

HUBBY just sent me an email from a former colleague of ours in Baghdad: This is an email from G:
How are you? where r u my Friend? I hope u r well.
well our situation is become very bad & difficult we don`t have the power city they cut the power off for 7hr & gave it back for us about 1-1.5hr a day even the fuel I spent 6hr in Q line to full my car or buy it from the black market cost me 1000ID for one liter
also the security situation is very bad even the security plan un-usefully plan
sorry to disturb you about these news ,any way the work is very boring 8 Of LN
(Local Nationals, term given for Iraqis who work there)will leave the job ( fired )we don`t know how are they the company will continue till September 06 after that we don`t know what is going on.
At last best regard to you & you wife
Keep in touch Until we meet again


Oh and on another note as well, this may as well be the last post I will be able to write for days...HUBBY is arriving tomorrow night, and we will be sleeping in our first new home together!!! The furniture will all be arriving tomorrow, Im gonna be dead tired by the time he comes in..One thing though that really bothered me today is his tone of voice...He said "We shouldnt have gotten this place and we shouldnt have spent on furniture.."After all the work I have done..All the hours I spent with the workers.... all the energy in the scorching heat of the sun, I spent carrying stuff from my car to the darn place...My bones are aching...my back feels like its broken in half...All this and now he tells me wish it never happened...Im confused and pissed off...All the excitement I had just evaporated in one phonecall.....Man...this aint cool at all...And I didnt even spend much...I kept well below the budget even...Men can really be selfish at times...

posted by neurotic_wife at 11:00 PM

7 Comments:

It sounds like you did a great job of pulling your place together before hubby gets there. Maybe he's just having second thoughts about staying in that area. I believe you said he's in the States. Perhaps he got a good job offer and is going to talk to you about relocating.

June 21, 2006 at 12:12 AM  

Iraqi Wife,
It *is* a lot of work setting up a new place to live. I am sure he will appreciate a comfortable and appealing place to live after all that you have been through.

I am sorry to hear that the Iraqis are losing their jobs in the reconstruction office. Just this week congress authorized an additional $1.6 billion that provides for Iraqi reconstruction and government improvements. That should help some.

June 21, 2006 at 4:37 AM  

men are selfish MOST OF THE TIME. I get this often enough to say the above statement is so so true.

June 21, 2006 at 9:58 AM  

Sounds like you and HUBBY could both use a professional massage.

Thanx for the video!

June 21, 2006 at 11:04 PM  

Hi, been coming to your site for a few weeks now, but haven't posted til now. Camilla, why don't you step back and take a look at what your just said. You know that isn't true, and if it is in your case, you must be a miserable human being. Neurowife and the Hub are obviously under some stress, big time! They're newlyweds for one, which can be stressful in itself. He is helping to rebuild a wartorn country. Stress? From what I gather, they live apart for periods of time, stressful? I think so.

Keep on truckin' Neurowife. Men CAN be insensitive sometimes, but, for the most part...WE ROCK!

June 22, 2006 at 2:46 PM  

A great deal can happen
between now and September.

If a significant improvement
comes in security
as we all hope and US forces can be withdrawn more quickly
that will free up more money for reconstruction.

This point is what the Iraqi
who support or participate in
"patriotic resistance" do not understand

The military prescence of our soldiers is what is expensive
and continued attacks means
much much less money for Iraqi
Hospitals Electricity Water and Sewage etc.

Killing American soldiers is leading toward thousands of Iraqi
dying perhaps even in the famlilies of these insurgents
as elderly Iraqi and Iraqi babies
die needlesly do to the lack
of reconstruction.

Is it really worth it to kill
an American Soldier if two months
later many mothers or babies or grandparents die from illnesses
that would easily be prevented
with modern hospitals ....
and the reason the Hospitals were
not renovated is because of this resitance???

June 23, 2006 at 7:10 AM  

Great site N.I.W.,
I like the video sections as well.

I thought you might want to see this.
http://www.securitywatchtower.com/archives/003602munitions_found_in_iraq_meet_wmd_criteria.html
http://www.defenselink.mil/news/Jun2006/20060629_5547.html

We now have DOD officials on record confirming WMD being found in Iraq and more being looked for, be careful my Iraqi friends.

June 30, 2006 at 10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home