Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape neurotic Iraqi wife: The Sunset of Tomorrow

neurotic Iraqi wife

November 11, 2004

The Sunset of Tomorrow

Had to go and get new lenses since even the bloody mirage is looking blurry and misty. I only discovered the other day that my lenses have expired and went beyond being wearable. I wore them a few days ago on my way to the travel agent, and was about to have a major accident, with a stupid guy who wouldnt give me way. And the assole was doing it on purpose. He kept slowing down and I had to squint my eyes real hard inorder to look at the side mirrors to see if there were any incoming cars from the other side. As I took a swerve to overtake him, the idiot took a swerve as well to frighten me, but heyyyyyyy, no one can frighten Mrs neurotic here, I beeeeeeeped and beeeeeped and flashed the hell out of him. Until I blinded him. Hehe, dont mess with me MR....

I also went and did some therapeutic shoe shopping. Thats the only thing that can get me out of yesterday's misery. Then as I was looking for a couple of sexy tops, I had butterflies in my tummy, its as if Im getting ready for my wedding day. Its really weird, dunno how to describe it. Feelings of anticipation, excitement, amazement, what more can I add, umm, lets see, oh and disbelief, that next week like this time HUBBY is gonna be here. Wowwww, after all these weeks and months of sheer depression, Im finally moving towards elation point.

Everything on my to do list is ticked except for the grooming part. And believe me theres lots of that that needs to be done. God, I think I need 2 whole days to look spick and span. The waxing lady will probably faint the minute she'd set eyes on my legs. Sorry for being so graphic, but I havent gotten around doing anything for the past 2 months. And besides, I dont get to wear skirts, since Im a jeans person. Therefore I tend to ignore the waxing for some time, and plan it once I get to see HUBBY.

Oh God imagine if HUBBY would come today and surprise me, he wouldnt just have a nightmare at my sight but I thinking he would run for his life, hehe...So I decided to do all the waxin plucking, cleanin a day before he arrives. I havent looked yet tho for that "red" nail varnish that he keeps telling me to put. Ewwww, I absolutely hate that colour, but hey gotta do what HUBBY likes just for now, but then once we settle down, he'll have to be satisfied with what Ive got.

I have also bought a travel book(lonely planet) about Thailand and will need to do loads of reading, not that I havent reached saturation point reading, cuz I've done my research over the net, and if I visit anymore websites I will definitely puke.

ONE MORE WEEK EVERYONE, one more week, and Im gonna be over the moon. Its been tough, real tough, from the time I started this blog till this day. I went through fountains of tears, nervous breakdowns, nightmares, funny days, miserable ones, real lonely times, and now sheer excitement. I will try to convince HUBBY to stay here for good, but I doubt I will succeed, although apparantely he has told my brother that right now, living in Iraq is a nightmare. Why would anyone who has the chance to leave doesnt take it, I seriously dunno. I think he got the "neurosis" bug, cuz it certainly is contagious....

I know for certain that its not the money, cuz as an American expat with the amount of experience HUBBY has, he can get such a good deal over here. The money he is getting paid in Iraq isnt much more than what he used to make in the States. Its not the double or triple that everyone thinks. I also know that if my brother or father would talk to him and put some sense into his head that he can be more useful when things get better, he would listen. Or Im hoping that he would listen. Lets see what happens, Allah Kareem.

So here I am, writing this and my heart is pounding big time. I think this coming week is gonna be a tough one on me, a real real tough one. I dont wanna think negative anymore. I havent even watched the news today, didnt wanna depress myself. Though I did take a teeny weeny peek at the yahoo news, and found out that Arafat had died, the fallouja operation is still ongoing and that they have found slaughter houses, and that a huge explosion took place in downtown Baghdad. Wowww, many developements, but for once, I decided to forget about all the negative things, and think about myself. Just for once, for today.

Just for today, Im gonna be like cindrella, Ill wear my new glass shoes, and dream of my knight in his shining armour riding his immaculate black Arabian horse, on his way to being with me... So cmon my dearest Knight dont waste anymore time, the clock has clicked 12 and your Cindrella has lost her glass shoes, hurry up, for here I am waiting to ride with you into the beautiful sunset, The Sunset of Tomorrow.....

posted by neurotic_wife at 10:59 PM

1 Comments:

Mar7aba shlonech, excited its almost time :)
I know ur feelings, bas i am sure u know except i have been away from all iraqi news for more than a week now... sometimes accidentaly i catch a word or two on a site and my heart arg... e.g. yesterday tried to read ur post then read allawi 3 relatives kidnapped and i got upset.. i know his brother's son. His bro that was killed by saddam so i got worried.... its hard times

you know ENJOY URSELF WITH UR HUBBY and forget about everyone else.... and red nail varnish you mean red nail polish???? i think almost all Iraqi men i know have a thing for red or pink nail varnish/ polish....thats why it was funny u mentioned it.... cant explain it wallah... anyways shukrun ila musa3adtich....inshallah thailand ikooon tons of fun
nice to find a post with some positive news :)

November 12, 2004 at 2:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home