Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape neurotic Iraqi wife: Honeymooning In Shorts......

neurotic Iraqi wife

October 19, 2004

Honeymooning In Shorts......

Im barely able to open my eyes. The migraine is killing me, I doubt I will be able to continue fasting the rest of the month. I have never ever suffered this bad. The pain is from the left side of my head and goes right down to my neck, ouch. I had taken 6 panadols already, plus some migranil tablets but to no avail. Im a wreck, and I have a deadline to work on, managed to accomplish nada, zilch, zero, wala shee....

My dad took one look at me today and said that I should stop fasting. Although I wanna complete Ramadan, I doubt Ill make it alive. I had asked what is it that I should do incase I cant go on, I was told that I must feed 10 people everyday. Apparantely there's a fund in some banks by the name of "Feed the fasting". Im gonna have to make the trip tomorrow and do just that. Hoping that God will forgive me....

With all the suffering Im going through, I dunno why I remembered a funny incident that took place just after my honeymoon. My parents were expecting us for lunch, so we made the trip from the city we were in towards where Im at now. It takes about 90 mins by car. HUBBY decided to drive this time, cuz as he put it bluntly to me "I dont wanna die young". Hmm, my driving isnt that bad(seriously it aint), its just that I prefer to speed and at times my lenses go blurry so umm, the car hits the curb several times. I aint the first nor the last person to be driving on the curb rather than the road, am I now???

So in any case, I felt bad for him and gave him the keys. BIG MISTAKE!!!! The 90 minutes turned into 2 and a half damn hours.....I was pulling my hair 10 minutes into the trip and threatened HUBBY that I will open the door and get a cab instead. He was going sooooooooooooooooooo slow, and all the cars behind us were over taking us. I looked at him,and as always he had that serene smile on his face, while MRS here if I was a chicken I would have given birth to 20 eggs already.....

By the time we reached my parents, I was a nervous wreck....As we settled in the kitchen, my mom took one look at HUBBY and then dragged me to her room. I swear I knew this was gonna happen. My mom asked" Why is your HUBBY wearing shorts???". Hmm, now there's nothing with wearing shorts, but since my dad practically lives in suits, my mom expects everyone else to do the same. I looked at my mom, and didnt know whether to laugh cuz I was expecting these words, or to cry, for I was too exhausted to argue. I told her "Mom, listen, I just had the worst car ride in my life, and I dont care if HUBBY was naked, besides its so damn hot outside, if he had worn a suit I think the trip back home woulda taken a whole day". Mom gave me the look and said" what will your father say?" Now my mom is known to over exxagerate things and to panic over miniscule events, so I shrugged my shoulders and said" Mom, if dad gets angry, then I will make HUBBY change into something else ok???" Mom said" well dont say I didnt warn you"

I went back to HUBBY and recounted the story, he looked at me with his bewildered eyes, not believing his ears. Umm yup HUBBY sorry for you to find out this now, but welcome to my family, and its TOO LATE TO UNMARRY ME,lol....As we heard my dad's keys in the lock, HUBBY jumped, and hid behind the dining table, as not to show the lower half of himself. Dad, went over to kiss him, HUBBY started pulling back, having the table between them. Dad started going to the side, HUBBY ducked down,lol. I was watching this with bemusement and laughing my head off. Dad was probably thinking what is WRONG with this guy????

After watching the ducking game, I decided to tell dad, the truth. Umm dad, HUBBY is umm wearing umm SHORTS...He couldnt believe his ears....HUBBY looked like a naughty child trying to hide something and dad looked like someone who caught a man red handed. But then it was our turn to be shocked, for dad, smiled and told HUBBY that he is welcome wearing anything he wants...Hmmm now the "anything" can mean many things cant it, so HUBBY and I looked at each other with a naughty smile on our faces both thinking exactly the same thing..... MOM on the other hand, was quiet the rest of the day....I guess MOMs will always be MOMs.....I wonder how would she have reacted of she saw us on vacation, needless to say, I aint going into these details, hehe.....

So HUBBY, Come along and lets do some HONEYMOONING in SHORTS.......
posted by neurotic_wife at 9:56 PM

2 Comments:

NW,
you give me a giggle everyday,thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

andrea/pajama's/minnesota

October 19, 2004 at 11:28 PM  

Hey Wifey, have you ever seriously considered phasing out the coffin nails? Better yet -- quitting cold turkey?

BEFORE DIRT

October 20, 2004 at 1:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home