Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape neurotic Iraqi wife: Think With Me.......

neurotic Iraqi wife

October 18, 2004

Think With Me.......

Hmm, my headache is still bothering me. I started fasting today and it wasnt FUN. Infact I was exactly like a zombie, roaming this earth with no target. I was yearning for my nicotine and caffeine share but hey no can do. Had to wake up quite early for a meeting at this guy's office. First thing I did when I opened my eyes was grab my marlboros, by the time I pulled a cig I remembered that SHIT Im fasting. I put it back grudgingly, swearing at myself for not waking up at dawn to have my intake....

I think God wouldnt count this fast for me, cuz on my way to the meeting I had cursed so many drivers that I might as well hadnt been fasting. Once I got to the meeting, the guy Im gonna be working with, was going on full speed. After 30 mins of him talking and me merely nodding my head not knowing what he was on about, he asked me, "are you ok???you look kinda lost". I said "Umm, well its my first day of fasting and I think Im suffering from withdrawal symptoms, I have a nasty headache and Im yearning for my coffee and cig". He smiled so elegantly and told me that I will get used to it, it will be just the first few days that will be difficult. Aha I sure do hope so, cuz if I stay like this, I dont think I will be able to accomplish anything.

Before I go to the meeting, I got a phonecall from the man who is incharge of this assignement. He was telling me how we need to send circulars and emails, etc... Now I dont mind doing these things, BUT, and theres a huge BUT here. I hate it how in the Middle East, just because you are a WOMAN, they presume, that you are only good at following orders and typing letters. I have my own experience when I was working with one of the opposition groups, which I mentioned in one of my posts. The Iraqi men tend to all be SEXIST!!!!! They sit on their butts and give orders to who????but to WOMEN. Its suffice to say, that without me sounding pompous, I havent studied MSc in Investment Management to end up typing letters and emailing them. That aint my job. So instead of being nice, like you are supposed to, I told the man, after some time of pondering "Umm, Dr, I just wanna say that I aint a secretary nor do I intend to become one". The phone went quiet, I wasnt sure if it got cut off so I said"Hello???Dr???are you still there???" I guess he was shocked to have someone at his daughter's age to be blunt and frank. I think Middle Eastern men are not used to having women dictate the rules, but that aint gonna happen with me....

So he said he understood, and that Im gonna be the coordinator and the liason. Yeah right!!!! I just hope he knows who he is dealing with, A NEUROTIC IRAQI WIFE.....Now back to the nice guy, after him talking about our tasks ahead, I had to go back to the other office to get somethings, and who was there but the ASSISTANT....I have no clue what's up her A**. I know its Ramadan and I should only be thinking rosy stuff, but I cant help myself. She gave me a look which I cant stand. Then as I was searching for something, she told me to answer a particular phonecall. Apparantely it was a guy who visited our stand in the exhibition and wanted to become a member. I answered all his questions and hung up. A few minutes later one of the founding members bumped into me, the man whose office we are using, and told me that the idea of working in another office for the upcoming assignment is a NO NO, since people are calling regarding the last week's exhibition and they need me to be there to get the details. When I relayed these concerns to the DR. infront of the ASSISTANT, he said but the ASSISTANT is here she will do it. I simply answered"but with all due respect, the people who are calling speak English" The ASSISTANT immediately said "AND I SPEAK ENGLISH". Ok by then I turned a tomato shade of red. Yes she speaks English, but its bad english, and inorder to attract people to the NGO, you need to speak fluently and not only speak but know how to answer their questions in a manner that would comfort them in knowing that the NGO knows what they are talking about..... I think she took the English thing quite personally. But I didnt mean it to sound bad. I have my heart in this, for the NGO to be successful, I aint doing it for any personal gain. I honestly want people to join this NGO, and to support it so in return we can support the needy in Iraq.....This is the whole aim of this organisation. I think she should be told this, I guess tomorrow I will have a word with her. Cuz after I uttered the statement about the english thing, she turned her face and started talking on the phone, the nerve of her, GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.......

One good thing which made me happy today is the fact that HUBBY received the parcel I had sent him through the net. The country where Im at does not know what an APO address is, so I had to order it through the internet. I had sent him, a water proof mini TV, so he can have some entertainment especially now that he is alone after his room mate left. A shower CD and radio, a soothing radio alarm clock, just like the ones you have in hotels in Miami, where you get to choose to listen to the waves crashing on rocks, or birds tweeting,lol...and finally a voice recorder so he can record his thoughts or his EVIL BOSS...... Poor HUBBY he used to complain how he was the only one not receiving anything. If it was easy here, I woulda sent him things everyday, but it aint, oh well.......

I miss HUBBY immensely and now the countdown has started, one more month to go and I will be with him, Wowwww, I cant wait. November 18th Im gonna finally see HUBBY again. But then again, 2 weeks after that Im gonna have to say GOOD BYE..... God, its tough, very tough to have to go through this again, and I aint looking forward to it. So what I need is a plan, a plan to make him addicted to me......Come on everyone, suggest something. The sexy lingerie didnt work, the cooking was a disaster.

Any suggestions???They have to be real good and feasible. You know, maybe I should look into one of those sites where they have love potions that promises the partner will stick to you like super glue, or how about the day he goes back I put a laxative in his coke cola, and pray that it does its work for about a whole week,lol. POOR HUBBY......What has he done in his life to get a WIFE like me, I have no clue......

So cmon, rack your brains and Think With Me......


posted by neurotic_wife at 8:25 PM

9 Comments:

Dear Neurotic Iraqi Wife,
What would make you leave your dream or something that you are passionate about in order to stick to a person and be with them no matter what?

October 18, 2004 at 8:47 PM  

Ihath, a whole container of cigarettes and a whole container of New york super fudge Ben and Jerry's icecream,lol......

October 18, 2004 at 10:36 PM  

So if I buy those, you will come live with me forever?

October 19, 2004 at 12:21 AM  

NIW, you write 110% California slang and you confuse the hell outta me. I understand what you say but I'm curious ~ Considering what you have said that you do/have done you obviously don't talk at work like you write here. What you write about is interesting, but the way you write it cracks me up. Not a put down but a compliment. Don't change.

Maybe your husband is just a slow study. Surely eventually he will learn to appreciate you. Put a Marie Laveau hex on him and it just might help to speed things up.

In case you don't know about her she was the most prominent figure in the true history of Voodoo in America. Marie Laveau was New Orleans' legendary 'Voodoo Queen' and was feared and revered throughout 19th century.

BEFORE DIRT

October 19, 2004 at 4:57 AM  

More on Marie Laveau ~

http://www.spellmaker.com/marie.htm

Hey, don't laugh. It may work.

BEFORE DIRT

October 19, 2004 at 5:09 AM  

Hmm neurotic Iraqi Wife, tricky favour, ay? lool..nahh...how about using the 'puppy face' as it's been named? lol...hehe..well, I believe the only way he can be addicted to you is by hanging out with him while he's there with you and the others. Maybe then, he will understand what he's missing. And he'll also understand that you need him there with you. Or...maybe you can always try to fakely shock him by threatening him of doing something you would not want to do in reality?

Sometimes there are things that have to be sacrificed since there's no way out of it. And at this kind of situation, one of you, you or your husband will have to sacrifice something dear one way or another. It will either be him sacrificing his time with you or sacrificing his dream and hopes to see Iraq rise up to become good again...or you, having to sacrifice your time with him so he could complete his dream and 'duty' to helping his country (supposedly). Or, then you always have the ability where you can go with him to Iraq?? But that might dissatisfy your family since it's not a good time to be there right now, won't it?

It's a hard decision Neurotic Wife..I mean, honestly, If I had that situation, I would be doing what he is doing, but having him to be there should be decided by the two of you. Do you want him to be there to help his country, your country, both your homes...even though you also want him beside you? I'd want to be in two places at the same time really. But I can assume what your husband is doing is something completely incredible. I beleive this is a one time chance to help re-build our country and home. Many of us can't really be there to help but at least some day inshaAllah, we will see the outcome done by the people who have risked their lives and sacrificed their time for it. Then, when we do see the great improvements, you'd have people to be proud and thankful for, including your husband too.

Sara.

October 19, 2004 at 5:18 AM  

Ihath, Hell ya, I will be there today.....lol

Anon, Although I was kinda looking forward to checking the website out, umm, needless to say, the damn country server am using, has blocked the site, Grrrrrr

Sara, hiya kulha decisions, wallah inthiba7na, la oo fog ichmala, il rijjal iguleee, he will leave once he builds the first damn project, ya3ny by that time, I would probably be 3al 3ikazat......I sure do hope not....Yella ta3alee and we will go together, we will have the adventure of our lives then get kidnapped and god knows what else....

October 19, 2004 at 9:44 PM  

Ah, friend! You married a patriot...he will make his sacrifices, and you will make yours - freedom can't come without a price, as I'm sure you know. I guess all you can do is love him fiercely when he's with you, pray just as fiercely when he's in danger, and be grateful to be the wife of such an honorable man.

October 20, 2004 at 12:36 AM  

NIW, you're so cool. that's about all there is to it.

October 21, 2004 at 6:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home