Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape neurotic Iraqi wife: A Blazing Inferno...

neurotic Iraqi wife

April 23, 2008

A Blazing Inferno...

Hmmm, and I thought we were gonna go to an island!!! Lmao. Instead we went and saw more ruins and a theater. The trip itself took about 3 hours each way. But you know what, it was well worth it this time. Our tour guide which happened to be the exact same one we had for the past two days told us alot of stories, legends and greek mythology which made things far more interesting and held more meaning. I can say that Im in love with Greek mythology and I will definitely read more about it.

The scenery along the way was absolutely breathtaking. You dont wanna take your eyes off of the window. I really did enjoy todays tour albeit it was tiresome. As we sat for lunch in one of the tavernas as they call it, we shared the table with all the other tourists who surprise surprise turned out to be all from the States. Btw, just a small info, the difference between a taverna and a restaurant is, tavernas offer only greek food, while restaurants offer a combination of both greek and International. I cant say the food was great, we had Moussaka for starters, which wasnt bad, then the main course was souvlaki. Pork souvlaki which ofcourse we didnt have.

The tourists with us were far more friendlier than the other day. But funny enough, the conversation didnt revolve about Iraq what so ever, instead it revolved about the housing market back in the States. Although they did ask us about how we felt going back to Baghdad after all these years. But that was that. Tomorrow is our final day here and we are thinking of just relaxing, maybe visit the museum which apparantly is a must. And ofcourse I will spend some time shoe shopping!!! Yaaaaaaaaaay. Ive already bought 4 pairs, but I liked a few more which I will definitely be getting. I think Im competing with Emelda Marcus, hehe.

I didnt know that Orthodox Easter is this coming Sunday. While on our tour today, our guide stated that many Athenians have started to leave the city for the holidays. And true enough, traffic was pretty bad. Whenever we are walking in Plaka with all the cafes and restaurants scattered around us and we see young people laughing and enjoying themselves, HUBBY turns to me and asks "Why isnt Iraq like this, do you think it will ever be like that?". I shake my head and simply say Unfortunately No, not in our lifetime. Its a pity how the cradle of civilization has now become an inferno. A Blazing Inferno...

BubbleShare: Share photos - Powered by BubbleShare
posted by neurotic_wife at 10:25 PM

10 Comments:

You'r absolutely right neurotic wife,not in our lifetime that this inferno to be a good place to live....but yeah go ahead and buy as much as you can from shoes and keep posting your travel adventures to help us in planning to summer vacation.

wish you a nice trip....

Baghdad's Kassakhoon

April 24, 2008 at 12:02 AM  

Thank you, ever so much, for the wonderful pictures. I remember several of them, even though it's been over 60 years since I left there. I have forgotten the name of that lovely canal. I have crossed it and driven along the East bank of it. I could view the Parthenon on the Acropolis from the window in my office. It really impressed me.

Their food had too much olive oil for me to enjoy too much. I did find some food that I liked.

I hope you and HUBBY enjoy your last few hours there.

April 24, 2008 at 12:03 AM  

HELLO NEUROTICA ;GREEK MYTHOLOGY IS REALLY INTERESTING SENTILATING SLATIOUS FULL OF OLD RICH CULTURAL TOPICS ;PHILOSOPHY;"ARISTOTLE" MATHS"ARCHMEDIS" LAST BUT NOT LEAST THE ANCIENT GODS ;HERACLEAIOUS; APHRODITES ;ZEUS;:-SHAKESPEAR´S "A MID. SUMMER´S NIGHT DREAM" IT IS A SHAME THAT YOUR HUBBY´S DESIRE IN SEEING & EXPERIENCING IRAQ & BAGHDAD LEADING A FREE -LIVING- LOVING LIFESTYLE AS IN THE GREEK CAPITAL & OR IN THE OTHER MED COAST CITIES ;ROME;MARSEILLE; MONACO; MALTA ;GIBRALTER; SICILY;&ormaybe even turkey LOADES BESIDES;IS DEEMED FAR FETCHED & FROUGHT IN DIFFUCULTY TO ACHIEVE;BUT BUT YOUR HUBBY HAD POINT IN SAYING THAT MCAIN IS THE MOST APPROPRIATE PERSON TO IMPLEMENT POLICIES THAT SHALL MOST BE IN THE INTEREST OF IRAQ TO TRY FORGING AHEAD ALONG THE ROAD OF BUILDING AT LEAST A FOUNDATION OF ECONOMIC & CULTURAL DEVELOPMENT ALONG & PART OF THE G.C.C."THE ARABIAN-GULF EMIRATES -ABU-DHABI & DUBAI ;AT LEAST THAT INITSELF SHALL GO A LONG WAY TO HAVING SOMETHING OF A DECENT ATMOSPHERE TOLERABLE TO HAVE A SOCIAL LIFE IN; THE OTHER TWO CANDIDATES ARE INAPPROPRIATE TO ENFORCE CLEAR POLICIES THAT SHALL PULL IRAQ OUT & CLEARLY AWAY FROM THE RETARDEDAXIS OF EVIL ?BOTH OF WHOM THINK THAT THEY HAVE TO PLEASE & ARE INFLUENCED BY GROUPS THAT HAVE OTHER THAN IRAQ´S BENFIT IN MIND ;MAYBE HILLARY IS SLIGHTLY BETTER THAN THE OTHER COMPLETE NOVICE IN FOREIGN AFFAIRS & EASILY SIDES ALONG ANAXISOFEVIL TYPE OF A REGIME. MAY HELENA & THE GREEK GODS SEND YOU BLESSINGS & PULL OFF A TRICKY JOB IN RESCUING IRAQ FROM THE JAWS OF THAT EVIL & HURL IT INTO A SPLENDID HELENISTIC FUTURE :)AS GOOD O´LE ALEXANDER THE SHALL HAVE DESIRED :)AN IRAQ HAVING A SEMI-GREEK-LIFESTYLE:).ENJOY THE NEXT PHASE IN BEIRUT & TUCK INTO SIMILAR GREEK CUISINE ;DON´T THEY ALSO HAVE SEMI-MOUSAKA IN BEIRUT ;SOME -DOLMA -DISHES & SOMETHING IN A PINE-LIKE SEEDS;CALLED "SNOUUUUBER"& ZAA3TAAR ON A PITTA LIKE BREAD CALLED "MANAAAEEEESH"??!!OH WELL ALL THESE DELCIOUS LEBANESE " MEZZAA" & UUUUZZO" OR ARAAK":)A BIT LIKE PERNOD:)ALL THE VERY BEST OF MERRY JOLLY GREETINGS & KINDEST OF REGARDS WWW.bfbs.com" AS ALWAYS YOUR OLAFF:)

April 24, 2008 at 4:52 AM  

SORRY MEANT; ALEXANDER THE GREAT :)SHALL HAVE BEEN MOST PLEASED & SLUTED AN EFFORT IN TAKING IRAQ ALONG OH"MESSAPOTAMIA";THE ROAD OF RECOVERY TO A BRIGHT HELENSTIC FUTURE:)

April 24, 2008 at 4:59 AM  

NIW,

Love the pictures and reading about your adventures. Greece is on my list of places I'd like to go some day. So glad you are enjoying your vacation and time with hubby.

So if you added up the time you two have actually spent together versus the time apart, what would the score be? Mine and hubby's is 2.5 years apart and 3.5 together. Makes me enjoy our time together all that much more. Strange, but when we are apart, we somehow become closer.

Always,
Melanie

April 24, 2008 at 6:16 AM  

hi neurotica, i'm glad you are having a nice trip. about your news addiction, why don't you ask the hotel to remove the tvs from the bedroom? i used to do that when i traveled with an ex-girlfriend that was addicted to cartoon network. :)

April 24, 2008 at 4:45 PM  

BK, Hey, havent see you in the blogosphere. Welcome to my blog...

Hiya Wayne, yes the view of the Parthenon is amazing. Why did you leave though?

Olaff, youre making me hungry!!!

Hey Melanie, you know, I should actually count it. Not sure will definitely tell you once Ive put all the R&R's together. Yes you are right it does make you closer. At the same time, it makes me wanna start having a normal life, cuz this aint normal. I think a huge rant is on its way in a future post cuz HUBBY seems to wanna staaaaaaaaaaaaaaay in Iraq...OMG...I dont wanna even start

Lol Tib, good idea. But umm, its not an option. Minute we wake up we put the news on, minute we come back to the hotel we put the news on. It seems we cannot switch off completely...But thats funny about your friend. Cartoon network, looooool...

April 24, 2008 at 7:36 PM  

Hi NW,

I made a mistake on my previous comment. I said it has been 60 years since I left there. It has only been 46 years. I must have been thinking of my trip up to a city near the Yugoslava border in 1960. I drove in a car over the dirt roads. There was much beauty to be seen. I think my most loved sights were the beautiful grape vinyards.

I hope you and Hubby have a safe trip home.

April 25, 2008 at 3:29 AM  

Actually, the history of Greece could be similar to that of Iraq. It was formerly part of the Ottoman Empire - so was Iraq. After WWII, Greece had a terrible civil war. Later, it had a military dictatorship. It is only in the last 30 years that it has become peaceful and prosperous, and joined the EU (1981). Iraq could well become like Greece in your lifetime.

May 2, 2008 at 9:26 PM  

You have a real talent for photographic composition. An a lovely shadow silhouette.

May 13, 2008 at 11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home