Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape neurotic Iraqi wife: Another Trip from Hell....

neurotic Iraqi wife

June 09, 2006

Another Trip from Hell....

After having slept almost 10 hours, Im in my full mental capabality...I realised that its been ages since I have slept this long...Wowwww...and it feels so good, believe me...I still woke up with an aching back though...I think Im in need of major TLC...Ever since we left Iraq, theres this strange nagging feeling...HUBBY said the day we left, that he left a piece of himself there...He actually pointed to his heart when he said it...And Im thinking umm, yeah and Im some kind of blood clot in your system....But it is true, it does feel strange being away...infact I myself at times Im not sure if it was a dream or reality that I was truely there in person...

I refuse to watch the news cuz I have OD'd on Zarqawi's death....All I can say is good riddance and hope he and his followers burn in hell...I wander, are all the martyrs that have been murdered on his bloody hands smiling right now through the windows of heaven??? They better be...I also hope that God is beginning to smile on us too...I really hope so...Its a little boost to Iraq's morale, and I pray many operations like this will take place so we can have an Iraq thats free from low life roaches that feed on Innocent blood....

Back to my personal life, Ive started unpacking (the story of my life, packing, unpacking...will it ever end...)...Everytime I get something out, I hold it close and remember moments, moments only I cherish, moments only I know of...Moments that are ever engraved in my mind...Its funny how time is different here in the normal world...A day there seemed like a month anywhere else...Time was always a major concern..Time was always a constraint...Time...

Last day we were in the GZ was a heart wrenching experience...The tears, the goodbyes, the hugs...I was almost choking with tears, especially when I got in the car on our way to BIAP...The security guy kept asking me if I was ok...And I just nodded my head, with tears flowing down my cheeks...I felt like a little girl not wanting to let go...but I had to...It was time...The next day was our C130 flight into Kuwait...We showed up in camp stryker around early afternoon...In the scorching heat of the desert...The departure time kept on changing...We sat in one of the airconditioned tents (thankgod for those)...HUBBY tried to sleep, and I began reading the book "a million little pieces" while listening to my IPOD...Every half an hour I would go and take a smoke outside...After a few hours of waiting they finally told us that the C130 will depart mid evening...So we decided to take a stroll in the desert towards the PX and have something to eat from Subway...I tell you, the sun made me feel so faint that HUBBY got me snapple drink, cuz he saw my face has turned white...

After taking our time, we went back to the tent and as I was on my way to the ladies, I decided to doublecheck on the time of C130...I reach there, ask the guy about the time, he looks at me scornfully, and says where have you been, the passengers have left already, if you run, you probably can catch up with them...OMG...No F****** way...I run to HUBBY, urge of peeing has disappeared miraculously from the shock...HUBBY is standing far away with a smile on his face...Im gesturing with my hands cmon, cmon quick, theyre leaving...He continues to smile...I began to frantically point at the gates and scream cmon dont just stand there, the plane is leaving...He shakes his head trying to figure out why his wife is acting neurotic in the middle of the desert...I swear, where he gets his calm I have no clue...

I started jumping up and down, pointing vigourously towards the darn gates (imagine, me, a petite person, carrying a backpack that is half my size, and my laptop bag jumping...not a nice sight)...He finally gets the point, runs to get our gear, gives me his huge laptop bag and we run...We reach the gate and its locked...I shout and scream at the guy who is leading the group towards the C130..Helloooo, Hellooooo excuse me, we are leaving too...He runs, opens the gate for us and says angrilly, Ive been looking for you all over...All I could say was sorry, I know...Ofcourse I looked like the hunchback of notredamn...Carrying stuff that weigh almost like me...I look behind me and HUBBY is struggling with the gear, I couldnt stop myself from laughing...I look at the people infront of me getting onto the C130 and see them running inside..Im like whats wrong with them, why do they have to run, the plane aint goin anywhere...

As I get closer, OMG, the heat, no heat is an understatement, the hell that opened its doors blowing a furnace in my face was unbearable..ontop of all that there was this strong wind blowing me backwards...I looked extremely funny, just like the movies...Im running so fast to get away from the heat and the wind is acting like my enemy...by the time I reached the inside, I knew why people were running....I felt my face melting..literally without any exxageration...I was awashed with sweat...I mean non stop sweating...The more I wiped it, the more it flowed...I never in my life thought that my body was capable of this much sweating...eeeewwww, I know...

A marine was sitting opposite me, and I felt kinda sorry for him, he looked really young, so I offered him one of the napkins that I was holding...I had to mouth to him that its clean...I think he cared less, anything will do at that moment...Half an hour into the flight and my sweat glands decided to finally take a break... I was sitting comfortably (yes comfortably believe it or not) in the C130 on the way to Kuwait....On the way to yet Another trip from Hell....

(to be continued...)
posted by neurotic_wife at 3:40 PM

4 Comments:

NIW,

I had to laugh! Your trip out in a C-130 brought back so many memories. Except my first C-130 broke down on the runway so we had to get off and return to the terminal. Six hours later, we tried again and finally took off. But the hot wind and fumes from the engines is pretty tough.

During my first month back, I had a feeling that I was dreaming. That was going to wake up back in my room in Baghdad.

I'm glad you got out safely and am continuing to blog.

Raven1

June 10, 2006 at 2:26 AM  

Hey Raven, how r u???BTW, I finally managed to check out the bazaar in BIAP...it had pretty cool stuff..its like a whole city there...

Dont talk to me abt C130's god, arent I glad its over...But did u feel strange after getting back???Like getting accustomed to normal stuff again???

June 11, 2006 at 1:55 AM  

I'm glad you remember me. Oh, and the two "Dancing Saddam Dolls" that I sent home both broke.

I did feel strange for quite a while. Heck, I've been home for a year and a half now and I still sometimes feel a strange emotion.

After riding "the most dangerous roller coaster in the world" for a year, going back to the merry-go-round of life is quite a downer.

I also keep hoping that someone will open an Iraqi restaurant. I would love some kabobs!

Everything you're feeling is what mostly everyone else went through. Your journey back to normal is just starting.

Raven1

June 11, 2006 at 4:38 AM  

salaam ...finally i am here...from ur first post till to date. I enjoyed reading them...ur feelings, experienced etc. Keep them coming. Best Wishes.

June 14, 2006 at 12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home