Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape neurotic Iraqi wife: My HUBBY....

neurotic Iraqi wife

May 25, 2006

My HUBBY....

This is gonna be a quick one (writing it during my lunch break btw)...But worth a mention...Lets call it a journalistic scoop...Today on the 25th of May 2006, the first of the 142 Primary Healthcare clinics(the one I have mentioned a few posts ago) have opened its doors in Sadr city...Finally one good news story out of this morbid city...I will post pics as soon as I get them, hopefully by this evening... (since Im leaving I dont care if they will kick me out, hehe, hope I aint breaking any rules...But atleast I had first hand experience in this one success story)

This post is dedicated to the one person who presevered for two years here, and finally he got to see one, got to see the fruit of his labour, got to see one of his 142 babies born, although 6 months late but better late than never....The failed program that cost the US government millions of dollars, has one tiny success story...Way to go....After all those arguments and sleepless nights, after all the complaining you have done and getting ignored, youve made it...You ve made it, Congrats to you and to the Iraqis....



Hopefully it wont get bombed or attacked...Keeping my fingers crossed....Although my light of hope is dim right now concerning the future of Iraq, I am really happy for you, you have proved them all wrong and you've made it...This is just for you HUBBY...My HUBBY....
posted by neurotic_wife at 11:54 AM

6 Comments:

Congratulations! Thank you for you and your families sacrifice. Too many don't understand that the people serving in Iraq want desperately to have their efforts come to fruition, this is a great success story! Good luck and god bless.

Roger <;0)

May 25, 2006 at 2:34 PM  

mabrook... and hope we will hear more of these good news... 1000 mabrook

May 25, 2006 at 7:18 PM  

Congratulations! Looks like a nice health clinic--but probably not worth $160 million or whatever we paid. (I always figured that much of the reconstruction money would be wasted. I mean, government projects are always pretty inefficient, and then you add to it the fact that it was in a foreign country known for corruption and was in the middle of a war. That really lowered my expectations.)

Did you guys work for the contractor Parsons? I read somewhere that Parsons wanted to start small with just a few clinics in the same geographical area. Parsons wanted to build up skills and identify reliable contractors, and then repeat that success throughout the country. But, supposedly, the U.S. Gov't program management refused. They insisted that all 142 projects at once. And that led to the failures since 142 projects was not easy to supervise or accomplish at once in Iraq (or probably anywhere else!).

May 26, 2006 at 4:27 AM  

My "temporary husband" lives in Sadr City and is a cardiovascular surgeon. I have heard the stories from several Iraqi physicians of how they want to work in a safe environment, but risk their lives everytime they walk out of their door. I also have a friend who is a physician in Dora who hasn't been to his hospital in over one month. How do Iraqi people receive medical care when the doctors can't get to their clinics and hospitals? How do Iraqi people receive medical care when so many doctors have been kidnapped, killed, or have fled the country in exile? How do Iraqi people receive medical care when there is little equipment? My heart and prayers go out to the people of Iraq.

May 27, 2006 at 2:43 AM  

Why the traitors had their faces erased ?

F...g zionists !

June 2, 2006 at 2:43 AM  

to the anonymous commenter before me...

Only Zionist care for others?

You're an idiot.

June 14, 2006 at 8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home