Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape neurotic Iraqi wife: The Land Between The 2 Rivers......

neurotic Iraqi wife

December 30, 2004

The Land Between The 2 Rivers......

One month from today a historical event will take place. A day that millions of us are looking forward to. A day that Iraq has never encountered before. I know its not gonna be all honky dory, I know that major problems will arise, but at the end of the day I know that the "Real" Iraqis who really want Iraq to be peaceful again will come together and unite against all the odds.

Last Friday a conference was held in Abu Dhabi, UAE. A panel of Iraqi professors were present to inform us and educate us about the process of elections and explained how we, the Iraqi expats, can vote. They gave out leaflets explaining which documents we need that will allow us to vote, and another paper explaining the whole voting process.

A representative of the OCV(out of country votes) was also attending. He was there to encourage Iraqis to help out in the voting process, ie, to work for 3 weeks or a month assisting with answering queries, registering Iraqis, checking documents etc. The outcome of that conference was just overwhelming. It was a success that no one really expected. I myself was shocked, yet happy that people are indeed interested in being a part of this NEW IRAQ. Why shocked???Well the comments that I had heard before from many Iraqis here were quite negative. And some believe it or not were asking for the "Saddam" days to be back. Something I couldnt fathom.

But I guess as the day is nearing people are getting excited. Whatever the results will be, I am sure some parties will dispute it, others will probably say that these elections are illegal, which already is being said, and I am pretty sure that many innocent people will lose their lives, a very grim aspect. The people who are against these elections are the same ones that encourage the "Jihad" acts. They are the same ones that dont want Iraq to be peaceful, they are the same ones that dont want their own people to live.

HUBBY was telling me the other day about how the monarchy movement released a campaign on TV with the slogan" Vote for the monarchy and we guarantee you jobs, electricity, water and stability within 100 days". Umm is the "King" to be for real????? Do people actually believe this BS???Within 100 days the man is gonna give out jobs and restore electricity???? Let me tell you something about the "King". I lived in the UK and because I was working for one of the opposition groups, I had met him and spoken to him. As a person, he is really nice, infact he is a real gentleman, but as a politician he is a big NO NO. He knows nothing about politics, his views are always changing, always pretending to accomodate the "Iraqi people".

Before the war, he was encouraging the coalition forces, he came on SKY TV once and said whats a few 1000 lives being lost in the war compared to the millions that Saddam had murdered. Whats a few more lives lost compared to the freedom that the millions of others will have. A statement that I completely abhored. Then a few months after the war, he came on AL JAZEERA tv and said "We are against anyone who entered Iraq on an American Tanker". AH, WHAT?????HUH????WTH is he on about. I was like the man lost it. Then a few months ago I met one of his personal guards who chose to quit and come back to England. He is a young Iraqi man.

I met up with him and asked him why did he quit, knowing extremely well that the "King" was his idol. He told me horror stories of how the "King" would ask him to go and round up all the children from the streets for a photo shoot, to show the people how altruistic and noble he is then he would ask his guard to shoo them away. Ok now Im only saying what his guard said, I dont know this first hand. But we hear stories and stories not only about him but about many others.

I just took him as an example, cuz his views are unrealistic and I think that Iraqis should be very careful in the choices they make. In my own opinion they should go for people that really want to make a difference and are not just after the "Chair". The Chair is nice, its comfy, its high, its powerful, but more important than this "Chair" is the Land, the Land Bewteen the 2 Rivers.....
posted by neurotic_wife at 1:00 PM

12 Comments:

Before the event last Friday I had the pleasure of having lunch with those 2 representatives... an American and an Austrian guy... I should be blogging about it but I am not because I am quite angry at the stupid Iraqi politics in the city that we live in... its like people are so childlish... there are TWO seperate Iraqi new years parties.... there is more tension than there is unity and its funny at night I was with a bunch of Iraqis and they are like hey you missed out this American guy was there my mom met him etc... its always a competition for some stupid reason i shut him up by saying yeah Mike and his friend Andreas I have been talking and helping them,..... and there is more to the story but I don't want my identity being known ........ I am glad the UAE gave permisson to the the team to carry out the elections it was accepted on the last day...... they told me they had lost hope..... but thankfully its great.....I am going to be blogging with inside scoops about the process because somebody very close to me will be working very closely with the team....... so I HOPE that things get better and all Iraqis come out and vote for any secular leader they feel like....... I am glad your feeling better inshallah ma3nawiyatich a3la and whether ur going to the H or I party I hope you enjoy yourself.. I gotta go.... have an engagement party to attend.... Deer balich 3ala nafsich! Best Regards

December 30, 2004 at 6:28 PM  

Before the event last Friday I had the pleasure of having lunch with those 2 representatives... an American and an Austrian guy... I should be blogging about it but I am not because I am quite angry at the stupid Iraqi politics in the city that we live in... its like people are so childlish... there are TWO seperate Iraqi new years parties.... there is more tension than there is unity and its funny at night I was with a bunch of Iraqis and they are like hey you missed out this American guy was there my mom met him etc... its always a competition for some stupid reason i shut him up by saying yeah Mike and his friend Andreas I have been talking and helping them,..... and there is more to the story but I don't want my identity being known ........ I am glad the UAE gave permisson to the the team to carry out the elections it was accepted on the last day...... they told me they had lost hope..... but thankfully its great.....I am going to be blogging with inside scoops about the process because somebody very close to me will be working very closely with the team....... so I HOPE that things get better and all Iraqis come out and vote for any secular leader they feel like....... I am glad your feeling better inshallah ma3nawiyatich a3la and whether ur going to the H or I party I hope you enjoy yourself.. I gotta go.... have an engagement party to attend.... Deer balich 3ala nafsich! Best Regards

December 30, 2004 at 6:28 PM  

Hey...there is nothing historical about it.... Iraqis did enjoy some kind of democracy in the monarchist and people DID actually VOTE...

Don't make it sound like we are coming min il jabaish oo ma ni3roof ai shee.... Read some history for godsake..

Iraq4ever

December 30, 2004 at 6:47 PM  

Dear blogger author,

May I have your e-mail address to send you some information about a website that related to iraq?

Thank You,

Muneer

December 30, 2004 at 10:24 PM  

Dear blogger author,

May I have your e-mail address to send you some information about a website that related to iraq?

e-mail me at: muneer@stsprepaid.com

Thank you

December 30, 2004 at 10:24 PM  

This phrase, "The Land Between The Two Rivers" along with the words, "The Land is the Chair." Very poetic. Best of luck with the elections.

If I may grab a line from an American song for the Iraqi people? "Let Freedom Ring!!!"

December 31, 2004 at 12:38 AM  

Hey Sami long time no see, were u there last friday??? and yes i know what u mean about some of the mentalities here.Thank God I aint going to neither party cuz I just wanted something on the quiet side...I sent my CV to Mike, but I havent heard anything yet...I really wanted to help out.Allah Kareem lets just hope and pray that nothing drastic happens.

Iraqi4ever, Umm, thanks for clearing that out,though I thought it was the British that chose the monarchy for us in 1920???or am i mistaken????in anycase, I never say no to reading cuz thats my passion, so maybe I will take u up for it and read some more about "democratic" elections that never took place in my country,is there a book that u might recommend???...And I never intended us to sound min il jibayish....

muneer my email is neurotic_wife@yahoo.com

Rik thanx Im quite flattered but I dont think my blog is a big deal, there are far more interesting ones from inside Iraq, who are living in the middle of it all...

Kender,hmmm, didnt think it sounded poetic, but if u say so then I will take ur word for it,lol....

December 31, 2004 at 12:56 AM  

iraq4ever, that was a typo mistake it was 1921, sorry not 1920,mareedak takul rasee...

December 31, 2004 at 1:00 AM  

Along with the benefits of 'The Chair' comes all of the responsibility as well. A heavy burden indeed if it is approached correctly.

Listen - we have to trust the Iraqis. I have to tell you that after reading many, many Iraqi blogs I DO trust the Iraqis. It warms my heart to hear of the enthusiasm that you have described. God Bless You and God Bless Iraq.

December 31, 2004 at 6:22 AM  

Dear Neurotic,

I did not claim that we had a perfect democracy, my exact words were "Iraqis did enjoy some kind of democracy". And while you were trying to discredit a whole system, by associating it with the British occupation of Iraq (and I don't dispute that it was closely associated with the brits), you forgot to mention that the monarchy was accepted in a referendum, where Iraqis had a choice to say "Yes" or "NO" to the system which was being installed at the time. Many scholars have claimed the vote was rigged, but to date there was no conclusive evidence that it was. I don't dispute that there was some vote rigging, but it does not obsecure the fact that people went and voted. In that system there was also parliamentary elections held, and while most of the results were weighted towards the people in power, it also got opposition people into parliament as expressed by the will of the voters (e.g Ja3far Abu Iltiman of the alahalee movement). But as I said it was not perfect, but it certainly nothing new or unique for Iraqis. It might be historical in the sense that it comes after 35 years of dictatorship, and that I wholeheartedly agree with.

Books to read: Hana Batatu, "The Old Social Classes and the Revolutionary Movements in Iraq: A Study of Iraq’s Old Landed and Commercial Classes and of its Communists, Ba’thists and Free Officers"

And wallahee mareed akul rasich..bs itha amkan laman ajee il abu dhabi...3izimeene 3la dolma, kuba 7amooth, kabab 3iraqee ;)...

btw...what does 7amdan street looks like now...last time i remember it was half sand, and cars always get stuck there back in the good old days...

Iraq4ever.

December 31, 2004 at 12:33 PM  

The Internet Marketing Genius, Carael Knight The source for information on internet classified advertising and the cheapest advertising method to boost "ANY" business online or off! Think targeted classified ads. Make Money Online using unique state-of-the-art classified advertising strategies.............................

February 26, 2007 at 7:38 AM  

The Internet Marketing Genius, Carael Knight

Information powers our world. The more information you have, the more money you make. It used to be you had to go to an expensive business school or spend years becoming a doctor or lawyer to have valuable information people would pay big money for.

Not anymore. Today ANYONE can use FREE classified ads to sell information demanded daily by MILLIONS of people. Think about it. These days when somebody wants to know how to do something, they GO ONLINE and look for INFORMATION to tell them how to do it.

My name is Carael Knight. I started Major Enterprise about seven years ago with a vision and a plan.

The vision was to show people how to start, run, and operate their own profitable online business. Now that led me to create the plan, which was the process of carrying out the vision!

Click Here for more information:

The Internet Marketing Genius, Carael Knight

March 4, 2007 at 6:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home