Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape neurotic Iraqi wife: Tomorrow is Another Day

neurotic Iraqi wife

November 14, 2004

Tomorrow is Another Day

After reaching saturation point from watching news and getting miserable, I decided to take a trip down blog land. And OMG, I found myself forgetting everything around me, and became so indulged in what I was reading. Its amazing the stories out there, mainly the marriage ones. One of them got me laughing so much, its about this married guy who started the blog to vent out from his controlling wife. OMG,loooooooooooool, Im still laughing at the things he had said, cuz youve guessed it, the wife somehow reminded me of MYSELF!!!

I cant say Im a controlling person, but I do like to have HUBBY's attention. Yes that I admit to, I like it if he would call me out of the blue just to tell me I love you, or I miss you, or I cant wait to be with you. And its funny cuz the guy who is writing the blog is complaining how nerve wrecking it is to keep up with his attention seeking wife,LOL. Poor thing, is that how men feel when we whine about not being loved enough??? The blogs I read today took me to places that I really wanted to go.

What I mean by places, is experiences of other people, married people, talking about their relationships, their everyday fears, their everyday chores, basically their everyday LIFE. Something that I truely miss doing. Something that I look forward to and hope will be sometime very soon. To settle down, have a home, have a HUBBY that exists in person and who LIVES with me, not a HUBBY who is thousands of miles away, that has no plan for the future. No, that wont do it for me anymore. I have been living like this for the past 6 months, for many of you, this might be nothing, a very insignificant period, compared to the many women whose husbands are deployed and have been away for a year or so.

But dont forget Im newly married, not that I feel new anymore, infact I feel so old and grumpy, but the blogs I have been reading opened to me many issues that I used to question. Issues that if I do mention I will get comments like "OMG, you are a muslim you shouldnt be talking about this" or "OMG, you are an Arab how can you discuss these things". I absolutely hate to be confined especially when it comes down to my feelings. I dont wanna offend anyone, but there are many subjects that are superficially accounted as TABBOO when in reality they are being done hush hush in the most strict Arabic countries. SO lets not pretend that Arabs dont have sex, lets not pretend that some Arabs ARENT gay, lets not pretend that some Arabs, dont have affairs.

There was one subject that kept triggering at the back of my mind. Its an issue that I keep having with HUBBY, and at times it drives me nuts. HAVING AN AFFAIR. HUBBY being so far away, whats stopping him from having an affair??? Who is watching him, who would know??? Even when we were courting, since he was again so far away from me, I used to argue day in day out, on how would I know if he wasnt seeing anyone.... And Im saying the word I WOULD argue not we cuz simply HUBBY doesnt argue. At first I thought this was odd, I always presumed that men would argue back, but infact I came to realise that most men dont(naturally after reading some blogs), halleluja, Yayyyyyyyyyyyyy, HUBBY is normal.

So the isssue of HUBBY having an affair arises from, me becoming uncertain about how he feels towards me. Many men have affairs even though they still love their wives. I guess they do it cuz probably the relationship lacked some spice or excitement, or even because they wanted to challenge their egos, and see if they still are in the "market". As for me, these thoughts come into mind when I sit down with myself and think, think about "how come he doesnt plan for our future". "How come he doesnt give me a date by which he will be done with his mission in Iraq"." How come, he doesnt tell me that he is so much looking forward to starting a family". All these questions in my head trigger the negative thoughts. Then ofcourse being neurotic as I am, I tend to imagine what would it be like had HUBBY been involved with another woman.

How would I feel???How would I react??? Where would it leave me??? And I have answered all these questions. How would I feel???Hmm, lets see, I would feel cheated, I would feel demeaned, I would feel enraged, hurt, in pain. How would I react, Oh god, I would probably blow the roof. I had done it once before when I found out about the email he never mentioned to me(I posted about that long time ago). Imagine how one email account triggered such a bad reaction of me willing to let go of our marriage, then how about an affair, a real one. Yes I definitely would pack and go and would never look back.

Simply, because I know, and Im saying this not out of conceit, but I know that he would have lost the best wife he could have had. You know how people say that you have to love yourself before being able to love someone, well I never ever loved myself more than anyone, but I did save myself a couple of times in fear of losing it forever because of other individuals. And it took me quite sometime, to be where Im at now, to be comfortable with being me, to be comfortable with being around people, and most importantly to be comfortable getting married. I aint gonna go into that, cuz that was the past that I have buried, though I learnt so much from it, its been long burried and forgotten about.

When I confronted HUBBY about my fear he kept insisting he would never do such a thing, his main justification was he didnt need to. But thats not much of a satisfactory answer, for me that is. I needed more. Maybe I needed more reassurance, more loving words, more ATTENTION. We had agreed though right from the start to be honest with each other and to confide in each other. That is why I say distance is a killer, cuz there are times when I wanna tell him something and try to call but cant get through, and I end up feeling empty. But he swore to me, he never did see anyone while we were courting and while he is in Iraq. So relieved I am...

Ive blabbed so much, I know, I dunno why but I feel much more comfortable after writing the above. I know I probably didnt make sense but Wowww, I feel better. I did speak to HUBBY today, he is fine, looking forward to coming here. Four more days. But now the most horrible part is his trip to the airport from the Green Zone. The road that leads to the airport is nicknamed the "road of death" and its pretty scary to think that HUBBY would be travelling on it. I will keep being worried until he finally reaches here. God, I hope that by some miracle things will calm down in a couple of days, I really do.

Thats it for now, better go and hit the sack for Tomorrow is Another Day......


posted by neurotic_wife at 2:45 AM

4 Comments:

Neurotic wife,

You are an intelligent, beautiful, delightfully funny, and thoughtful person. I am sure your HUBBY is thanking his lucky stars that you said "yes" and married him.

I am sorry I must be the one to tell you this however: The Baghdad airport is closed to civilian traffic indefinitely. Allawi announces airport closedI sure hope you have a terrific trip to Thailand.

November 14, 2004 at 3:40 AM  

Anon, yeah I heard the news and I was tremendously annoyed, but I asked HUBBY about it and he said that airport is closed for commercial flights only not the military ones, since he will be travelling on one of those horrible helicopters, which is preferred by many Iraqi expat contractors.

Freethinker thanx for your thoughts,I would love to visit Brazil, infact I always had this dream of travelling around the world for 80 days. I wanna c the world and get to know all the cultures around. I had hoped that my honeymoon would be just that but what can you do when the "husband" prefers to be in a war zone....

Stephie, men are men, even if they have the most adorable wife, their eyes tend to always wander to other places, but hey,Im sure we can beat them at their game,lol

November 14, 2004 at 3:44 PM  

Marriage is no cake-walk - that's for damn sure. I've been married for 17 years. Well...okay...we had that little divorce about 10 years ago - but we remarried and it all ended up okay:) He wasn't being unfaithful - other things were happening.

One thing I've decided is that I will not be constantly looking for evidence that something is happening with someone else. The way I look at it - the truth will come out without any effort at all on my part. Being true to each other is very important to me and I would be devastated to find out if anything like that happened. When I was newly married I was very worried about him being unfaithful but not anymore.

I am counting down the days with you - soon you will be together!

November 14, 2004 at 8:28 PM  

Josie, everytime I hear about someone going to Iraq my heart breaks. Its just like the russian roulette at the moment, it all comes down to mere "luck". I pray for everyone who is there risking their lives. May your friends husband return to her safely, Ameen.

Popeye, thanx, these last days, are filled with both joy and anxiety. The minute Ill set my eyes on him, Ill shower him with kisses and probably get kicked out from this conservative airport,lol

Monicar, I guess the insecurity kicks in whenever I feel low, but hey he will be here sooooooooooooon. Shit am i dreamin???I dont wanna jinx myself. I better not expect anything so I wont get disappointed if his trip gets postponed cuz of security issues, but I think ill have a nervous breakdown and start wailing in public again....Geez, dont want that to happen. Hope he will be here on time....

November 14, 2004 at 11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home