Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape neurotic Iraqi wife: An Eye for an Eye...

neurotic Iraqi wife

June 09, 2006

An Eye for an Eye...

I was at the traffic light, in my car on the way to the furniture store....Lit a cigarette and was listening to radio Sawa, when the the first headline was "Zarqawi was killed in Iraq"...OMG... The cig magically slipped through my fingers onto the car's floor...Shit Shit shit...the cab driver behind me started beeping, the lights have turned green and my head is down trying to find where the darn cig fell.....by the time i found it, a crescendo of beeping began and the lights turned red...hehe...This time, I got my mobile phone out and called my brother to see if the news I just heard was true...You never know these days, I dont trust news agencies no more...So I needed another person to tell me if my ears didnt mock me...And YES YES YES, that low life criminal is gone....gone from the face of the earth...Gone from Iraq....

For a few minutes I was really over the moon....but then a few seconds later....I realised this is just like Saddam...I thought by capturing him, things will get better, but then tens of thousands of other Saddams appeared...The same with this low life scum...Many others will come out...And believe it or not, some tv channels have already made him a martyr.....I just wanted to throw my shoes and break the darn tv but the whole family was sitting there, so instead I went to my room and began poisoning my lungs....

One good news, coming out from Iraq...Finally....Again for a few seconds my mind wandered...wandered to how my Iraqi colleagues are reacting to this news...wandered about how I myself would have reacted had I been there now...My whole family was jubilent...we even got a few phonecalls of congratulations...But is it too early to start having hopes again...I dunno...shouldnt let pessimism conquer my thoughts...

Ive been outta Iraq over a week now...We had the trip from hell which I will write about in a later post...Nevertheless, I kinda feel free, yet weird at the same time...I see everything trivial...When I hear people complain about something, anything, I wanna shout and say hey, I was in Iraq and Ive seen people who really have a bad and hard life, so stop complaining...but ofcourse you cant just say these things...We spent a few days in London before coming here, and I kinda felt strange...Saw everything so decadent, so fake...Abnormal thinking, I know...Im sure I will go back to normal again...Or I hope I will go back to normal again soon...

Thats all from me for today...Its 2 am my time and Im exhausted..Havent been sleeping well...Will probably post something later on...Im in the process of furnishing our appartment...So have been going out and about, looking for stuff...No time to relax, no time to reflect on my thoughts...But there is this little time to be happy, slightly happy that the death of Zarqawi may be a good start...A Good start for the new Iraq...Now Its the time for dismantling the militia's and killing all the terrorists, be it Iraqi or not, anyone who is a member of any organisation that is responsible for murdering Iraqis has to get killed...This is it...Its either a hard fist or nothing...And to those who are mourning now the death of their Hero, I can only say...Shame on you...Your Hero has now joined Satan and his clan in God's Hell...May their torture be that of the utmost level...I hope you will join them in hell too....As the saying goes...An Eye for an Eye...
posted by neurotic_wife at 1:20 AM

8 Comments:

Except for the bit where you almost caused a traffic accident because of smoking, great post.

June 9, 2006 at 4:24 AM  

NIW -- good to see you made it back safely. Too bad you weren;t in Iraq to give the feelings of your former workers when it happened.

Good news since this murderous thug is gone. Remains to be seen what impact this has.

June 9, 2006 at 4:25 AM  

Glad you came back to your blog!

Your "weird" feelings you have after leaving Iraq--the obliviousness of people to what is happening in Iraq, the contempt for trivial complaints of daily life, etc.--remind me of comments from some of the U.S. soldier bloggers upon returning home. Some of them say it is harder than expected to return to normal life.

Let us hope that Iraq has finally hit the bottom of the curve and is now heading up for a brighter future.

June 9, 2006 at 6:01 AM  

TAI, thanx...I hope that things will get better now that this criminal is gone, but at the same time I know its not gonna be as simple as everyone thinks...

Anon, Yeah its a great pity I aint there to see their reaction, I did send a few emails though asking about how they feel...cant wait to get their replies...

Jeff, It does feel strange being out here in the civilized world...But i think its a phase that I hope will go away sometime soon, or else people will think Ive gona mad...And I too share your sentiments about hoping that Zarqawi's death is a major blow and is a start to a brighter future...Hoping is all that you and I can do right now...

June 9, 2006 at 5:34 PM  

NIW-
Welcome back now that you are successfully out of Iraq. I noticed how in your last posts once you got out of the Green Zone your tone was much more optimistic-seeing as how families go out, eat ice cream, go to the parks. Life does go on. This was yet another battle the Coalition has won, victory is inevitable as long as the good do not give up and let the bad triumph!! Are you in the Gulf now?

June 9, 2006 at 10:30 PM  

The ISF are within a few percent of their stated end-strength goals now. If the Sunnis are no longer intimidated by Al Qaeda and joined the gov't, and the militias can be disarmed, 2007 could be a much better year for Iraqis. A lot of new power plants are supposed to come online over the next couple years as well.

Maliki sounds very serious about all this. Be sure to catch his WaPo piece.

June 9, 2006 at 11:21 PM  

Zarqawi should be buried with a pig. The pig that he was who killed innocent people in the name of muslims.

June 10, 2006 at 6:28 PM  

anb, I agree, its one problem out of the way...And yes certain perspectives did change, but Im getting very impatient abt things...I mean I already am an impatient person but now, its like reaching the limits...did that happen to you too???

Lt Fishman, Yes I was surprised abt seeing that life does go on overthere...but still, people are exhausted and fed up..Im trying to be optimistic, I really am...And yeah I am in the Emirates right now...Have you been???

TD, I hope 2007 will be a better year...I stopped trusting what people say a long time ago...talk is cheap we need action...

Anon, a pig is an understatement...He should have been buried alive...I think thats the worst anyone can go through...Him and bin laden tarnished Islam and the real meaning of Islam...Im telling you, this inhumane creature will burn in hell...

June 11, 2006 at 2:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home