Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape neurotic Iraqi wife: Those damn Mahdi Militia Suicide BUGS!!!

neurotic Iraqi wife

May 15, 2008

Those damn Mahdi Militia Suicide BUGS!!!

Wow it seems like a lifetime ago since I wrote anything. In fact, my vacation seems like a lifetime ago too!!! I got back to Baghdad a few days ago, and I wasn’t too thrilled to be back. Funny how every vacation it becomes even harder. You need a couple of days to psyche yourself up before you can actually pull your weight and go through the process again. I remember my first R&R and how excited I used to get when I’d look out the plane to see Baghdad from the air. Now, it doesn’t move me anymore. Seeing the desert plains and the shabby houses from above makes me cringe with sadness. Sadness and disappointment.

After Greece we headed to Cyprus, Limassol to be precise. Since it was Easter, almost everything was shut, Yay meeeee, no wake up at dawn morning tours!!! Instead we enjoyed spending some real relaxing time basking in the sun. We did ofcourse ask the cab driver to take us to the best icecream in town when we first arrived, since that was the whole point of us going there in the first place. HUBBY was like a little child again, too excited by the icecream cone he was holding. I was all eyes watching him have his first licks. I gave him a few seconds then asked him whether it has the same taste as 20 years ago. Funny thing is, he couldn’t remember, lol.

After that we headed to Beirut. Yup. We missed the fun by a few days. Beirut was just beautiful. The scenery breath taking. You have the mountains on one end and the beach on the other. Pity we didn’t stay much there, but then again, had we delayed our plans, we would have probably been stuck in the airport by now. I gotta say though, I was getting pretty cranky with all the travelling so I wasn’t really in my best of moods. HUBBY just wanted to go and see nightlife, I just wanted to crawl into bed and watch a movie. We managed to hire a cab with a driver and told him to take us to all the places we should see.

Since this wasn’t MY first trip to Beirut, I had seen many of the touristic sites, but I wanted to see them again with HUBBY. At the time, things were just starting to bubble with Hezbollah. I remember HUBBY asking our driver what the consequences will be. Sameer just smiled and said “Oh don’t worry, every summer theres a problem, we got used to it. Nothing will happen. You guys should stay longer so I can take you to the mountains.” Little did Sameer know I guess. Pity how every damn summer, Hezbollah decides to have some action going, knowing that Lebanon thrives on tourists, especially the ones from the Gulf. I was extremely angered by the whole muscle show. It just goes to show you how much power Iran has all over…

AD, the last leg of our trip, was kinda hectic this time. Im not really sure what it is, but in the four months since I have last visited the place, things have changed dramatically. What used to take me 2 mins by car now takes me about 20-30 mins. Traffic has become a nightmare!!! Literally a nightmare. And since HUBBY didn’t have his International License with him, I was the designated driver for the whole stay. I used to enjoy driving, especially after being stuck here. But after that trip, I don’t think I wanna drive anymore. My back would ache non stop, it felt like it was being split right in the middle.

I didn’t even get a chance to see my family as much as I wanted to. An ex-coworker of ours who used to be here with us in Baghdad and left 2 years ago, decided to make a visit to the Gulf with his American wife. I wasn’t that keen to entertain them and take them around, since I needed some relaxation time myself. So the R&R went by so fast, and was getting hectic at the end. Instead of coming back refreshed, I was exhausted J but I aint complaining atleast I did have a break and celebrated my wedding anniversary far away from all the chaos.

I remember when we were in Limassol, it was our last day there and we had to check out from the hotel pretty early, since they only gave us 2 more hours. So we decided to walk around the city for abit just to pass the time. We found this small road which lead to the sea. We sat on the rocks and I just closed my eyes, then I realized, I realized that I haven’t been in such a peaceful place for a long long time. There weren’t any annoying helicopters hovering over our heads, nor those noisy loud generators that bug the hell out of me. It truly was a peaceful moment.

Having flies swarming all around me now and mosquitoes having a blast with my freshly tanned skin I know Im back in Baghdad. Was actually overwhelmed with work the minute I stepped into the office. It was like everyone was waiting for me to come so I can solve their issues. I’d hear my name being called out from the end of the corridor, all I did is roll my eyes, open skype up and tell HUBBY, I wanna leaaaaaaaaave nowwwww!!!

That’s that for now, I have loads more to say, but will keep it for some other time. Im so glad tomorrow is Friday. I’ll probably end up rubbing some of that anti mosquito lotion and just lie in bed with my pifpaf in my hand to safe guard myself from their vicious bites. I’ll take a guess and say those are Mahdi Militia Suicide Mosquitoes coming from Sadr city to blow themselves up here. They must be, for they go right through my clothes and bite, ughhhhh. I hate those damn bugs. Those damn Mahdi Militia Suicide BUGS!!!


Im gonna leave you with this picture I took of an area in Beirut. This picture says it all for me...Means alot to me. This picture is how it REALLY should be...But unfortunately BUGS are found everywhere...

BubbleShare: Share photos - Find great Clip Art Images.
posted by neurotic_wife at 7:01 PM

14 Comments:

maybe those Bugs are trying to tell you something. Like maybe the answers are right in front of your nose? check Bugs.

May 15, 2008 at 8:22 PM  

I guess your return to Baghdad from the outside World, brings your disappointment of the great tragedy of imposed Democracy into view. I think only a select few Neocons' think their ideology is working in Iraq.
If your ever in Canada, you should visit Fort.Liard in the N.W.T., they have an awesome Mosquito count per cubic foot of air. People look like Pig pen enveloped by a cloud, but it's not of dirt, but mosquitoes.

May 15, 2008 at 8:53 PM  

you know maybe the immunity found in pigs blood could stop the Yellow Fever?

May 15, 2008 at 10:48 PM  

Do you think all the Square Blocks in Beirut are proof that Cybertron exists?

May 15, 2008 at 10:53 PM  

These are from New Jersey. Fitting Examples of Pragmatism. Enjoy.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y70/j_eich/P1000377.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y70/j_eich/P1000377closer.jpg

May 15, 2008 at 11:49 PM  

NIW,

Glad you enjoyed at least some of your vacation :)

You know, Avon sells a product called Skin-so-Soft. If you try the original scent, it keeps the mosquitos from biting you and smells nice too. I know it works here, but not sure about the biters there. Worth a try and it's cheap. Good luck :)

Always,
Melanie

May 16, 2008 at 5:44 AM  

HELLO NEUROTICA LUV ;GLAD THAT YOU´D HAD A CHANCE TO NIP TO CYPRESS & ENJOY REFLECTING ;ALONG THE BEAUTIFUL MED. COAST ;ABOUT ALL THE CHAOS YOU´VE LEFT BEHIND IN BAGHDAD & THE TRANQUILITY YOU´VE FOUND DURING YOUR HOLS. BEAUTIFUL AS BEIRUT IS UNFORTUNATELY IT SHARES THE SAME AXIS OF EVIL IRANIEN THUG-BUGS OF BAGHDAD THUS BEGGING THE QUESTION OF WHEN IT MAY BE RIPE FOR ALL DECENT SENSIBLE FREEDOM LOVING PEOPLE TO RISE &STAMP THEM OUT OF THE REGION ; BEIRUT; BAGHDAD & ALL ROUND !!OFCOURSE IT CAN´T BE SOON ENOUGH TO BE RID OF THE SCOURGE!! AT LEAST BACK IN ABU DHABI YOU HAD COME AWAY FROM BEING STUCK IN PROBLAMATIC BEIRUT THUG-BUGS HEZBUULAH-OR SHOULD ONE SAY THE MAHDI MILITIAS??!!ONE & THE SAME EVIL.AS SOON AS THE BUG PROBLEM OF THE REGION IS RESOLVED YOU SHALL BE ABLE TO ACTUALLY PLAN & ENJOY BUILDING A DECENT LIFE STYLE SIMILAR TO GREECE & CYPRESS ;ALL THE VERY BEST OF GREETINGS & KINDEST REGARDS WWW.bfbs.com" YOUR OLAFF AS ALWAYS :)

May 17, 2008 at 2:17 AM  

Your vacation sounds wonderful.
I wish everyone could see
the world isn't so ugly, not
everywhere. Not everyone is
resigned to hardship. Some places,
beauty is shared with everyone.
Maybe knowing that will make
mankind less angry, because
nothing beautiful comes from
destruction.

May 17, 2008 at 11:19 PM  

Hey Neurotica..........Welcome back.
Realy nice post.
That was so funny!!!(Mahdi Militia Suicide BUGS)
A new military term added to my dictionary!!!(lol)
MMSB=Mahdi Militia Suicide Bugs

May 18, 2008 at 2:09 AM  

when was the last time mahdi army did a suicide bombing? you stupid sunni lover

May 18, 2008 at 2:37 AM  

Sadrii, they do even worse than that...

IT, heyyyyy, how are you???

Seraphine, you know, I guess it all depends on how an individual chooses to look at things. Just like the half empty, half full glass...And yes my vacation was wonderful, but not enough time and too much travelling...I told HUBBY no more of that...

Olaff, do you think anyone can stand up to Iran???

Hey Melanie, when did you say you will be coming here?
I actually sprayed pifpaf all over my room until it kinda choked me...Not sure whats worse, get choked or bitten viciously :)

May 18, 2008 at 10:18 AM  

Whitehawk...Sometimes I wonder what democracy REALLY means...Is the US a real democracy???

May 18, 2008 at 10:19 AM  

I believe there was Democracy for a short time. In some cultures open confrontation is used to achieve ones end. In other cultures structured systems are used to achieve an end. When you walk into work, you see that structure of the West, that is what Democracy has become.

May 18, 2008 at 5:16 PM  

HELLO NEUROTICA LUV;YOU´LL BE SURPRISED HOW FAST OUR ALLIED FORCES ;IF THEY SO CHOOSE ;USING THE PROJECTILE ASSETS AT HAND ;COULD LET LOOSE A HEAVY DEVASTATING BLOW TO IRAN FROM UP IN THE STRATOSFERE & COME DOWN ON IT SO HARD THAT IT SHAN´T EVEN KNOW WHAT HIT IT WHERE??!! SO THE REPLY DARLING IS YES ;IF THHE ALLIED FORCES SPEARHEADED BY THE AMERICAN FORCES CHOOSE THEY COULD NOT ONLY STAND UP TO IRAN BUT STAND ON IRAN .AS REGARDS THE COMMENT MADE ABOUT YOU BEING A SUNNI LOVER; INFACT;YOU ARE A WISE HUBBY -FREE-LIBERAL-STYLE CULTURED TOLERANT LOVER;& THAT IS A QUALITY TO BE COMMENDED:)ALL THE VERY BEST OF GREETINGS & KINDEST OF REGARDS WWW.bfbs.com AS ALWAYS YOUR OLAFF

May 19, 2008 at 2:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home